Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

haveblue posted:

It would have been a lot more fun if I hadn't known that getting more than 2.2km from my parked rover would make it evaporate when I went back to it for some reason. I came to a halt at 1.6.

It shouldn't evaporate - I sometimes go on 20km jaunts to hit some biomes, and nothing's deleted. I guess if you're in atmosphere on Duna/Laythe and you don't have a probe core on the rover, it'll classify as debris and go away. Is that what happened? Otherwise it should be perfectly fine since debris outside of atmosphere should stay where it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

shortspecialbus posted:

It shouldn't evaporate - I sometimes go on 20km jaunts to hit some biomes, and nothing's deleted. I guess if you're in atmosphere on Duna/Laythe and you don't have a probe core on the rover, it'll classify as debris and go away. Is that what happened? Otherwise it should be perfectly fine since debris outside of atmosphere should stay where it is.

I'm not really sure what happened either. It was parked on the surface of Pol and had an empty cockpit and no probe core. I jetpacked over to a mountain about 3km away, and could see its marker back where I left it, but when I flew back towards it and hit the magic 2.2km line the marker disappeared and, even more strangely, so did the one for a flag I had planted next to it. When I got back to where they had been was no sign of either. Fortunately I had quicksaved just before setting out, so I reverted and went to replant the flag, which turned into the epic trip-and-fall adventure.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

haveblue posted:

I'm not really sure what happened either. It was parked on the surface of Pol and had an empty cockpit and no probe core. I jetpacked over to a mountain about 3km away, and could see its marker back where I left it, but when I flew back towards it and hit the magic 2.2km line the marker disappeared and, even more strangely, so did the one for a flag I had planted next to it. When I got back to where they had been was no sign of either. Fortunately I had quicksaved just before setting out, so I reverted and went to replant the flag, which turned into the epic trip-and-fall adventure.

What might have happened is that when they physics loaded they got buried beneath the surface of the world. Or otherwise got dropped and destroyed. I know this was a big problem with Gilly once upon a time...

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
I feel like this should be posted here.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Hermsgervørden posted:

The Golden Jeb Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Rocket-Based Explosions

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The Catastrophic Rapid Unplanned Disassembly award.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.

Platonicsolid posted:

The Golden Jeb Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Rocket-Based Explosions

I want this to be a thing.

Can this be a thing, Maxnmaps?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I haven't played in months, are there any new mods I should use? I heard about volumetric clouds and the 64 bit fix at least, and I already have Kethane, KAS and Mechjeb.

I should probably just wait until the next patch but I'm in a Kerbal mood right now :jeb:

Elman fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jun 11, 2014

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Elman posted:

I haven't played in months, are there any new mods I should use? I heard about volumetric clouds and the 64 bit fix at least, and I already have Kethane, KAS and Mechjeb.

I should probably just wait until the next patch but I'm in a Kerbal mood right now :jeb:a

RCS build guide. Once you have it, you won't be able to live without it, if only for showing your dry mass COM.

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.

Gau posted:

I want this to be a thing.

Can this be a thing, Maxnmaps?

Haha, actually it's related to something I'm working on via the power of sheer will and finding devs who have like 20 free minutes to give to a project. It's super tiny and impossibly silly but we're getting some crazy stuff out of it.

Edit: Look at career mode looking so gamelike and stuff.

Maxmaps fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 11, 2014

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
What's the currency going to be called? Kerbits, Duckerbs, Kesos?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Kredits.

bitkoins

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.

Nevets posted:

What's the currency going to be called? Kerbits, Duckerbs, Kesos?

Kesos was veto'd. :saddowns:

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

The only thing more volatile than a rocket!

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Kryptonite(koins)

Alternatively: KryptonBytes.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Call them FunBux and charge $0.99 for fifty of them.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Maxmaps posted:

Haha, actually it's related to something I'm working on via the power of sheer will and finding devs who have like 20 free minutes to give to a project. It's super tiny and impossibly silly but we're getting some crazy stuff out of it.

Edit: Look at career mode looking so gamelike and stuff.

Ok, I get the left and right displays (money and science) but what's the star one in the middle with the yellow/green background? I'm on holiday for the rest of this week, I bet the release is soon but after I go back to work.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Elman posted:

I should probably just wait until the next patch but I'm in a Kerbal mood right now :jeb:

The Critter Crawler is delightful.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Can't be duckets, that's what the Kentauri use.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Maxmaps posted:

No Fun Havers. :(

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Ratzap posted:

Ok, I get the left and right displays (money and science) but what's the star one in the middle with the yellow/green background? I'm on holiday for the rest of this week, I bet the release is soon but after I go back to work.
My guess is approval or reputation.

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.

Flagrant Abuse posted:

My guess is approval or reputation.

Playfully known as the game over bar.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Does that mean it's possible to lose now? Bottom out your reputation to the point that you can't recover?

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.

haveblue posted:

Does that mean it's possible to lose now? Bottom out your reputation to the point that you can't recover?

Like a bad Sim City mayor, a bad administrator can and will be booted.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

I hope it's like the old school Railroad Tycoon, where 'player' and 'company' are distinct. You could bankrupt your company, leave it, go start another one.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Hermsgervørden posted:

The Michael Bay Award

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Maxmaps posted:

YOU CAN'T FUND PARACHUTES. YOU WILL REGRET THIS. :jeb:

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Maxmaps posted:

Most excellent! I love the idea of people being told they are so incompetent that Kerbals sack them ;)

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Maxmaps posted:

There goes all my cheese and snack puns. :smith:

Obama 2012
Mar 28, 2002

"I never knew what hope was until it ran out in a red gush over my lips, my hands!"

-Anne Rice, Interview with the President

Ratzap posted:

Most excellent! I love the idea of people being told they are so incompetent that Kerbals sack them ;)

Following hours of awkward testimony before Kongress...

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Maxmaps posted:

:smith:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Maxmaps posted:

E: drat you, Nth Doctor! :argh:

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Geemer posted:

E: drat you, Nth Doctor! :argh:

:ocelot:
You went through more effort, so kudos on that.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Needs one with Jeb exclaiming "YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON THROTTLE!"

ThaShaneTrain
Jan 2, 2009

pure mindless vandalism
:smuggo:
Episode 5 of Kerbalcast is up! http://kerbalpodcast.libsyn.com/

This is our longest episode yet at 60 min and we talk about rendezvous, music, contracts, and Gravity.

Our question of the week: What are your essential mods?

What length do you prefer for a podcast? We try to go between 45-60min but we decide if the content is good enough it's whatever.

I think certain Kerbals should reach celebrity status if they go on enough missions and then get sponsorship from Junkyard Inc.

I also want to see Kerbals protest for Kerbal rights if enough Kerbals die.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Maxmaps posted:

0.24 officially The Worst Update

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

xzzy posted:

Needs one with Jeb exclaiming "YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON THROTTLE!"

:effort:

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

Maxmaps posted:

In favor of Spesos (Spaceos?), I assume.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Maxmaps posted:

Playfully known as the game over bar.

Ah so if the Asteroids conduct Terror Landings on enough Kerbal continents the funding council gets taken over by Asteroids and XKOM loses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

What's the best way to jump back into this game and ensure that there's no issues with mod compatibility after a bit of time away? Is there any sort of mod manager that helps out? I don't know what the best way is to make sure everything I have is both up to date and working with the most current release version.

• Locked thread