Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Play as Chris during Lost in Nightmares and he has some awfully insightful comments when investigating things.

I'm just trying to make a point that he doesn't really care about investigating things and only wants to flex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Well, we know who didn't, Chris.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Lunethex posted:

Send a PM to me on PSN at Lunethex if you want in on the ORC LP! Or a friend request. That works too.

done and done, how much DLC is there for ORC any ways? Am I gonna be "breaking the bank" or is everything fairly inexpensive now?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I recently picked up RE6 on the cheap and I think my favorite part of the game is how you heal yourself by popping Tic Tacs.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Aces High posted:

done and done, how much DLC is there for ORC any ways? Am I gonna be "breaking the bank" or is everything fairly inexpensive now?

The DLC is still $12 for the full US Spec Ops campaign I'm sure. I don't recommend anyone getting it because I made the conscious choice of getting it when it came out :negative:

I mean the campaign is better than the Umbrella one by miles and even has a real boss fight but I can't condone spending more on the game than necessary.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Lotish posted:

If you guys were on 360 I could join to at least justify some of the DLC purchases I made for that game.

I do, and so do a couple others. You'd have to share your gamertag though if you want to play with us. (Which I'm cool for just about every night around this time. Check your pm if you don't feel like giving it out to public.

Lunethex, you should be getting a friend request from DuCkSPANKER2 or whatever the gently caress I have on psn.

gently caress it, I'ma hop on. See if multiplayer is still hilariously unbalanced and bitch at people till they play the echo six expansion with me. Last night was kind of fun to riff on the game. Send DuCkSPANKER a message if you feel like justifying your purchase.

Drakenel fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jun 5, 2014

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Thinking about that rumour, when was the last time Carlos appeared in anything? Nikolai showed up in ORC, for what little that counts, but has Carlos been in anything meaningful in the last decade? Hell, what about Steve Burnside? Or... dare I say it...

D.I.J.?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Carlos and Steve are both in the Chronicles games, which might discount them.

If the Chronicles games disqualify a character, Barry's about your only option and even he's in Mercenaries 3D.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Ark Thompson, Ashley Graham, and Elza Walker fight together in the most exciting Resident Evil spinoff the iPhone has ever seen!

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Wanderer posted:

Carlos and Steve are both in the Chronicles games, which might discount them.

If the Chronicles games disqualify a character, Barry's about your only option and even he's in Mercenaries 3D.

Let's be real, a Barry Burton game would bring the franchise back to it's roots of silly phrases.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Barry was also DLC for RE5. It's honestly a case where it feels like they have to be talking about main games or else we're looking at the adventures of Tofu.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Policenaut posted:

Ark Thompson, Ashley Graham, and Elza Walker fight together in the most exciting Resident Evil spinoff the iPhone has ever seen!

David King turns out to be another lost Wesker kid, explaining his mystical ability to swing a knife more than one time and to throw wrenches with a power greater than a shotgun.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Barry was also DLC for RE5. It's honestly a case where it feels like they have to be talking about main games or else we're looking at the adventures of Tofu.

Tofu was in the bonus stage in Darkside Chronicles. I'm telling you guys, 2014 is Bruce McGivern's year!

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Carlos was also in ORC, in the DLC campaign.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
It's gonna be that loving rat, guarantee it.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
"Looks like we got to the root of the problem" :smug:

poo poo like that almost makes up for Chris' limited inventory space. :allears:

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
We actually see DIJ though.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Policenaut posted:

Elza Walker

For a character that never actually appeared in an actual game holy gently caress but this girl has a lot of fan art.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Crowetron posted:

Tofu was in the bonus stage in Darkside Chronicles. I'm telling you guys, 2014 is Bruce McGivern's year!

I'm actually curious what the legal status is on Bruce, Fong-Ling, and Manuela since Cavia shut down.

Lotish posted:

For a character that never actually appeared in an actual game holy gently caress but this girl has a lot of fan art.

Back in the day, people were absolutely convinced that RE1.5 was somehow a better game than RE2 and would obsess over it in glorious detail. Elza also shows up in a lot of Capcom artbooks and such, to the point where a lot of pictures you find on image archives that purport to be of Claire are actually concept sketches of Elza.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Wanderer posted:

I'm actually curious what the legal status is on Bruce, Fong-Ling, and Manuela since Cavia shut down.

Capcom owns the characters since they've popped up in a few of those weird Namco x Capcom crossover games. I don't think Cavia ever retained ownership of anything it worked on since even Nier and Drakengard are fully owned by Square-Enix.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

The Dark Id posted:

Capcom owns the characters since they've popped up in a few of those weird Namco x Capcom crossover games. I don't think Cavia ever retained ownership of anything it worked on since even Nier and Drakengard are fully owned by Square-Enix.

Wait, Cavia made bruce 'erm ah ackshoon heero' mcgovern and Fong 'me rove you rong time' Ling? That explains so much about the game. It really does.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Picked up ORC on PS3 due to all the chat in this thread and is it dark a poo poo for everybody? My TV is pretty dark in general but it's usually manageable, but I had to crank the gamma to be able to tell what was going on.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Yes, ORC is dark and also kinda poo poo. It's just part of the game.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Picked up ORC on PS3 due to all the chat in this thread and is it dark a poo poo for everybody? My TV is pretty dark in general but it's usually manageable, but I had to crank the gamma to be able to tell what was going on.

Nononono, that's what we don't want you all to do with the upcoming LP goddamnit

Drakenel fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jun 7, 2014

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Elliotw2 posted:

Yes, ORC is dark and also kinda poo poo. It's just part of the game.

Fair enough, I'll struggle on.

E: Still, this game would make a lot more sense if everybody had bloody flashlights!

MysticalMachineGun fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jun 8, 2014

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Alright, looks like I might actually be able to hop on the ORC LP. Sent a PM and Fiend's Request to you over PS3 Lunethex.

EDIT: On Closer inspection, my PS3 disconnects from the internet every single time I actually try to play the game. So now I can't help at all.

EDIT2: And then I go and get into a mission perfectly fine. Apparently randomly kicking me off online is single player only or something.

McTimmy fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 9, 2014

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Goddamn this loving game. I swear. We'll have a thread tomorrow according to Lunethex.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
So much for Resident Evil at E3 I guess... I really wonder who comes up with these rumors.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

abagofcheetos posted:

So much for Resident Evil at E3 I guess... I really wonder who comes up with these rumors.

Resident Evil 7, Wii U exclusive.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Elliotw2 posted:

Resident Evil 7, Wii U exclusive.

CONFIRMED FOR Q3 IN 2015 ACCORDING TO LEAK!

It just snowballs and despite everything, people on the internet are incredibly gullible.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
This just in:

Capcom realizes they messed up Resident Evil. They're halting development on RE7, and starting development on RE8 immediately. Game will feature Albert Wesker arm wrestling Barry Burton, and be released on Android/iOS devices.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

now why you gotta go and make up beautiful things that will never happen :smith:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

It doesn't seem like Capcom had any surprises this E3, unless you count the Dead Rising DLC (correct me if I'm wrong.) Hopefully they'll announce new titles including RE later on.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3642103&pagenumber=1#lastpost Aaaand it's live. God help us.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
RE: Revelations seems pretty cool. Kinda weird that you can move while shooting, and I guess you're always sprinting now, too? My only problem is, is it normal for Jill to be vibrating/shaking around when she moves? Whether I'm aiming or just walking, her character model is jumping around like it's getting caught on terrain weirdly or something.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
I finally beat REmake for the first time in years. Now to start my hard play through for Chris and Jill. :getin:

Why don't they make games like this anymore? It's so good! Yeah, it's still ridiculous Resident Evil, but it's still great. I mean, what mansion doesn't need two cemeteries, a piano bar, and multiple death traps?

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Played a little more Revelations now, and man, what a weird game. I'm glad I only paid twelve bucks for it, I guess. I bought it because a number of people had told me it was actually a refinement over RE5's gameplay, and I can sort of see what they mean (being able to move and shoot/reload is certainly new, though I'm not 100% convinced it's an upgrade in this particular series). The combat feels way worse, though. Enemies don't really get stunned or react to being shot, and a lot of them do almost feints where they look dead or like they can be meleed, when they really can't. You just have to learn their movements over time. The dodge system doesn't really feel natural for the same reason; the enemies' jerky movements makes it so that knowing when you can dodge comes down to just memorizing each monster's telegraphed attack animation.

The campaign goes a little more actiony in some directions (controls, mainly) and is a throwback to RE1 in others. Given how floaty and off the combat feels, I can't imagine how difficult it must be to play raid mode.

Also, I know it's a 3DS game and all (and healing was probably mapped to the touch pad), but the little green circle-wipe effect for healing looks really cheap.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

The dodge move is really strange, but the enemies do react and get stunned from being shot. You have to hit them in weak points, which are almost never the head. For the Ooze zombies you have to break both of their arms by shooting them a few times, for instance. It's a bit like a less violent version of Dead Space's dismemberment.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
In lieu of no Resident Evil news at E3, here's some screens and impressions from Mikami's Evil Within:

More screens: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_evil_within/b/xboxone/archive/2014/06/11/these-new-screens-will-terrify-you.aspx

And some impressions: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_evil_within/b/ps3/archive/2014/06/11/the-evil-within-could-be-the-resident-evil-we-39-ve-desired.aspx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I was gonna put a stake through his brain but that zombie already has a stake through his brain. So how do you stop them?