Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

Nanige-San seems to lose a lot in this chapter!

It seemed like such a sweet and innocent manga, but not even Nanige is immune to the harsh pressures of the industry and is forced to do a panty shot. Ban this sick filth, I say!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

And another Zai x 10!

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Holy poo poo, that ending.

After a long, incredibly lovely day, I needed that deeply silly resolution.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
New PSI Kusuo Saiki!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Hey, cool, another person with a strange ability!

Hmm. I wonder... if psychometric powers while touching another human is like a live-stream, what happens if the person he's touching looks at him while he's touching them, and he looks back at them?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

I like how he's initially dismissive, thinking that the guy has no idea what kind of burden these powers can be just on a mundane basis, up until we get the reveal that ghost-dude basically just sees crazy poo poo all the time.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

I just decided to pick up reading this, and what timing! Pretty drat funny all around, I'm just a little sad they're pushing his weaknesses. I kind of liked the early impressions of it being "kid with godlike powers is bored" more, but it still manages to pull it off pretty well.

Also it's intentional that his name spoken aloud sounds like "psychic", right? Saikiku(suo).

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Also it's intentional that his name spoken aloud sounds like "psychic", right? Saikiku(suo).

Durr, I didn't pick up on that at all.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

DrSunshine posted:

Hey, cool, another person with a strange ability!

Hmm. I wonder... if psychometric powers while touching another human is like a live-stream, what happens if the person he's touching looks at him while he's touching them, and he looks back at them?

Better yet, what if two people with psychometry touch each other at the same time?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Does anyone know if Kusuo is an unusual Japanese name? I don't think I've heard it before and it sounds a little odd.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Ytlaya posted:

Does anyone know if Kusuo is an unusual Japanese name? I don't think I've heard it before and it sounds a little odd.

It seems to be a legitimate name. Also the kanji for -o is 雄, which can mean masculine;  male;  hero;  leader;  superiority;  excellence. So of course it's probably a pun of psychic hero.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Here, have another rather charming chapter of Ryuushika Ryuushika.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Here, have another rather charming chapter of Ryuushika Ryuushika.

Spooky~ scary~ skeletons~

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010
Seki 53

Seki's sister is just :3:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

The Evil Thing posted:

Seki 53

Seki's sister is just :3:

I like the strong family resemblance -- down to the pantomiming of everything. She's like a mini-Seki! I wonder if his whole family is like that? Haha!

Also, getting to see Yokoi go all "Mission Impossible" was just great.

Thunk
Oct 15, 2007
In a chapter that hasn't been translated yet, Mrs. Seki makes an appearance. And of course she's a lot like her son, because how could she not be?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Oh! I just found something really really good, and really really fitting for this thread!

Get this... It's a manga about a timid salaryman... Except he's actually also a lion!

It Really Really Really Really is a Lion!

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 18, 2014

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Japan likes the salaryman being animals gimmick. There's also a film about a koala salary man.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0830581/

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The final chapter of Uwagaki.

Well that was a neat little series. Teacher was obviously the best part about it, but the other characters were sweet as well.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Shuukan Shounen Girl

Something that regulars of the Surreal Manga thread might enjoy, I believe. Each chapter translated so far (up to 5 at the moment) is a stand-alone that deals with a high school girl visited by a bizarre phenomenon.

It's a little strange, but also a little romantic. A nice, light, snack-like manga!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Terper posted:

The final chapter of Uwagaki.

Well that was a neat little series. Teacher was obviously the best part about it, but the other characters were sweet as well.

Adorable, though it probably could have continued a bit longer. :3:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Lion Salaryman's Daily Suffering continues!

Yeah, everyone pretty much hates a know-it-all, even if he's a lion!

EDIT: Ah! And more Saiki Kusuo

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jun 21, 2014

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
It came up in the Summer anime thread, but Gakkou Gurashi is getting an anime and I think the manga belongs here.

The central figures are the girls from the "School Life Club", whose purpose... well, I'll let them explain it.

Living entirely at school introduces some surprising wrinkles into their daily lives!

Edited to be more informative.

Edit again: I see it was posted before :v: Well, it updated today so there's that.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jun 22, 2014

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I posted this in the Misc Shounen thread already, but it definitely fits the thread's theme of "the Surreal intruding on daily life", moreso than some manga that have been posted earlier (even though they're all good!).

It's Lilienthal -- a manga about a talking, yellow, magical dog with some strange, reality-warping powers. It's the kind of good, clean all-ages fun that many manga sometimes lack. Lilienthal apparently has the power to manifest into reality peoples' innermost feelings and thoughts, with surprising (and amusing) consequences!

I'm enjoying the flights of fancy and imagination, they remind me of the kinds of imaginary worlds I'd get lost in when I was a kid. Also, I really like the sister, she seems really sensible!

EDIT:
:catdrugs:

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jun 26, 2014

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Started reading this last night: Spiritual Princess or The Tengu's Daughter

A half-Tengu named Akihime is pressured by her father and childhood friend to train to be a tengu, but she just wants to be a normal girl (and be around her crush, Takeru)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Zai x 10: End of Part 1

Also a new Nichibros chapter is coming out at some point.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Nate RFB posted:

Zai x 10: End of Part 1

Also a new Nichibros chapter is coming out at some point.

I cracked up when it showed exactly who was there to back her up in her time of need. I have no idea where this series will go from here.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The ending of the previous chapter just about killed me. The deadpan policewoman is easily my favorite.

But really, her reinforcements made sense. All of the magical girls were awful, awful people. It's not like any of them would show up to help her, or anyone really.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
You'd think the mad scientist would have seen that one coming.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Are you ready for more Truthism? It still has all the best :haw: faces I've ever seen in a manga. Plus, something really weird just introduced itself!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
God I loving love this series

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

DrSunshine posted:

Are you ready for more Truthism? It still has all the best :haw: faces I've ever seen in a manga. Plus, something really weird just introduced itself!

I didn't see THAT coming.

What a wonderful series.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

the old gag of Aizawa popping out to ask what planet the demon hails from was still hilarious

And god I hope this manga gets adapted soon

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't, I want it to continue on in manga form for a bit longer before getting animated, or else risk terrible, terrible filler.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Isn't the scanlations of this manga really really behind? I remember reading that it was like 4 volumes behind. There's plenty of materials

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Huh, didn't know that. If that's the case, go for it Japan~

edit: according to ~credible sources~ the latest chapter in Japan is 70. So we're a little over a third of the way caught up. I don't see this as a bad thing. :allears:

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jul 5, 2014

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

Huh, didn't know that. If that's the case, go for it Japan~

edit: according to ~credible sources~ the latest chapter in Japan is 70. So we're a little over a third of the way caught up. I don't see this as a bad thing. :allears:

Holy poo poo I didn't realize we were THAT behind. Oh man, so many chapters for us to get. I'm excited.

Also I just read Majime na Jikan

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/146443/majime-na-jikan_v1_ch1_by_dazzling-scans/2

and felt it was appropriate to post it here.

A girl dies from a car accident and she as a ghost goes through the aftermath of her death.

It's a pretty touching story while being short and I really liked it.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
New Nanige chapter up. Reforming delinquents just by existing.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

How DARE that student let down nanige.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Sometimes you're a little creepy, Nanige.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 6, 2014

• Locked thread