Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I like his job and I don't even work it. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This has been a lovely day. So lovely that I just sort of went off on a child customer. I mean, to be fair he's an insufferable little poo poo and called me stupid to my face right before I was rude to him but that doesn't excuse it.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Anyone familiar with the metal band Black Tide out of Florida?
Their tour bus (f350 van with trailer) rolled into our shop yesterday. Upper ball joint about to fail on the pass side. Front tires nearly showing chords on the inside. What did they want? A hitch installed so they didnt have to use the stock bumper hitch to tow their dual axle trailer with air brakes they werent using. Didnt have time to do the ball joint cause they would miss their next gig five hours away. Rock and Roll. I tell you.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Rhyno posted:

This has been a lovely day. So lovely that I just sort of went off on a child customer. I mean, to be fair he's an insufferable little poo poo and called me stupid to my face right before I was rude to him but that doesn't excuse it.
Well, a schooner is a sailboat, stupid-head.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

Well, a schooner is a sailboat, stupid-head.

I hate those things man.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

kastein posted:

I keep coming into work early and then forgetting to leave early to work on my poo poo at home because work is too much fun.

These are job related problems I like having.

I wish I had this problem :sigh:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

rscott posted:

Are you salaried? I guess it doesn't matter if you genuinely like your job

Yes, and yes.

Things are flexible enough that I'll probably jump out a bit early a few days this week/next week... assuming I remember to.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Preoptopus posted:

Anyone familiar with the metal band Black Tide out of Florida?
Their tour bus (f350 van with trailer) rolled into our shop yesterday. Upper ball joint about to fail on the pass side. Front tires nearly showing chords on the inside. What did they want? A hitch installed so they didnt have to use the stock bumper hitch to tow their dual axle trailer with air brakes they werent using. Didnt have time to do the ball joint cause they would miss their next gig five hours away. Rock and Roll. I tell you.

I was gonna say professional musicians' gigs are really important seeing as it's how they get paid, and at least they're not content with overloading the stock hitch, but it seems like they've been around for a while and should at least have the cash to deal with major stuff like that.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Cat Terrist posted:

How about 45? Old? gently caress no :D

Has there ever been a AI regular older than me anyway???

44 here, so you got me beat. I turn 45 in September, woo! Fortunately, decent genetics mean I don't really look as old as I am, especially if I shave my beard. My dad doesn't look like he's 66, either, so I guess it came from his side.

Here, I'm at the upper end. On the Oldsmobile email list I occasionally participate in (slacking, recently) I'm middle-to-young. Lots of good old knowledge there, but mixed in with some old wives tales, too.

Rhyno posted:

I've been on this fitness quest for 70 days now and let me tell you, it's amazing to feel better at 35 than I did at 25. I've lost 20 loving pounds, sleep like a baby and have energy all day.

That's something I really need to do. I'm about 65 pound (or more) overweight, have no energy, and don't rest well when I sleep. It's a problem of inertia: getting started is a bitch. Don't want to exercise because I'm tired; tired because I don't exercise...

A Melted Tarp posted:

My brother is building a very, VERY sick project Camaro. It started life as a very boring base model '80 305ci automatic, and will now be wearing a somewhat mild 327 and a Muncie 4-speed. Most of the suspension has been upgraded, complete with subframe reinforcements for use on track days and for autocross.

We are looking for some 16" or 17" wheels that would be era-correct, or at least look appropriate on a 2nd generation road racing F-body. Any suggestions?

American Racing Torq-Thrust IIs are the go-to for classic-looking wheels in larger sizes. I've got a set of 19x8s on my '70 Cutlass, and they look boss.
Cragar also makes the old SS in larger sizes now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Darchangel posted:

That's something I really need to do. I'm about 65 pound (or more) overweight, have no energy, and don't rest well when I sleep. It's a problem of inertia: getting started is a bitch. Don't want to exercise because I'm tired; tired because I don't exercise...

Do you drink a lot of beer, pop and eat fried and fast food?

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

kastein posted:

These are job related problems I like having.

:hfive: I keep getting stuck at work late because of foosball games taking too long.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

Maybe it's not just Dream Rhyno that's a dick. :wink:

But seriously, don't tease us with the story, tell it to us.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay. We run stupid gaming on Saturdays, usually that Yugioh horseshit. This one kid, 10 years old, is an insufferable little poo poo that mouths off and I'm constantly telling him to watch his mouth. Twice I've told him to go home because of his behavior and of course nobody else has been around to witness this other than me. I've had to take his mother aside over him called an 19 year old kid a human being and nearly getting his rear end whipped right in the middle of the store.

So for some loving reason he's in on Wednesday which is usually the best day for me at work. He starts harping on me about wanting to see something, I have no idea what the gently caress he's talking about. He asks about a game product I know nothing about so I jump online to find out and this little poo poo calls me stupid. That I shrugged off and then he asks something else about Pokemone and I don't know the answer because I'm not a child or a pedophile and he says "How can you not know this" and I snapped back Because I don't care.

Not a very good moment for me, I don't think I've ever gone off on a child before. The kid just shrugged it off and kept jabbering on about his stupid game. My manager wasn't too pleased. I'm not fired or anything but it's still annoying.

Edit: I'm pretty sure that my frustration with some of my friends is what lead to this. I've been actively removing the worst people from my life and the other day something got back to me that was said and that person was speaking on my behalf. This kind of set me off and I've been in a pissy mood for 3 days now.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jun 11, 2014

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
If you were allowed real metal cylinder liners and valve seats, how long do you think an engine block cast out of J-B Weld would last? Steel crank, rods, pistons are allowed. Basically just the block and head J-B.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

he says "How can you not know this" and I snapped back Because I don't care.

I don't classify this as "snapping," perhaps a bit snippy, but I certainly wouldn't ruin my day with thoughts of how to handle the situation differently. If meatpimp dealt with the dirty public, THEN you'd get stories about snapping.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Rhyno posted:

Do you drink a lot of beer, pop and eat fried and fast food?

A few beers/ciders a week (3-6), soda once or twice a week, and usually sugar-free, probably too much fried and fast food, though way less than, say 10 years ago. I think my main problem is the weight already gained previously, and little exercise. I'm not gaining anything, but I'm not losing much if any either. I do tend to eat more than one serving of stuff that tastes good. That's something I need to moderate badly. So more how much I eat rather than what, really. I'm one of those people that just really likes the taste of food. Unfortunately, what I tend to like is good old Southern cooking, Italian, German and Mexican stuff.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rhyno posted:

I snapped back Because I don't care.

gently caress being polite to shits that dont deserve it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I work in retail and I'm a manager, there's no excuse for what I did even if I want the little poo poo to get hit by a car.

Darchangel posted:

A few beers/ciders a week (3-6), soda once or twice a week, and usually sugar-free, probably too much fried and fast food, though way less than, say 10 years ago. I think my main problem is the weight already gained previously, and little exercise. I'm not gaining anything, but I'm not losing much if any either. I do tend to eat more than one serving of stuff that tastes good. That's something I need to moderate badly. So more how much I eat rather than what, really. I'm one of those people that just really likes the taste of food. Unfortunately, what I tend to like is good old Southern cooking, Italian, German and Mexican stuff.

Diet change and portion control is why 73 days later I'm down 20 pounds. You need to get rid of the beer and pop altogether, you'll melt pounds off so fast you'll think you have cancer. Switch to just liquor if you need booze in your life.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Darchangel posted:

You just have to start small and work your way up. First off, how much water are you drinking a day? If you're not drinking any or not that much, go out of your way to drink an extra glass than you do a day and build yourself up. This will probably cut some calories out. I don't think I need to tell you if you cut back more on your alcohol consumption that'll also cut more calories.

Since you mentioned eating multiple servings, just start cutting back little by little. Eventually, you'll want to replace some of your sides with healthier options. Instead of getting fries, get a side of vegetables or a small salad. Don't give up everything you like, just slowly over time add in more fruits and vegetables and less fried food. You don't have to be super healthy every meal and if you make a mistake and eat something you shouldn't have, don't beat yourself up for it and be more mindful about it your next meal.

The hardest part about working out is getting into a routine. For me, I tried to go after work because I know if I don't, I won't go at all. I used to listen to podcasts but now I watch TV on my tablet. If I'm going to watch it anyway, I might as well be burning calories. You have to find something you enjoy so you'll keep going to the gym. One day, you're just going to have to make a decision and just go. Sorry I don't have any better advice on this.

I've been working out and watching my diet more closely. I've lost about 10 lbs since the beginning of May and I'm aiming to lose another 10 or so by the end of the summer. I have a real taste for food and I can eat way more than I should. It's a struggle but I feel better than I ever have in my life.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I work in retail and I'm a manager, there's no excuse for what I did even if I want the little poo poo to get hit by a car.

Diet change and portion control is why 73 days later I'm down 20 pounds. You need to get rid of the beer and pop altogether, you'll melt pounds off so fast you'll think you have cancer. Switch to just liquor if you need booze in your life.

This was true for me. I just switched to diet soda and *mostly* cut back beer. I'd still get a craft brew from time to time. Now I'm within 5% of my goal weight and workout at least once a day so I eat whatever the gently caress I want and don't really change shape or weight.

Case in point? Tonight's dinner was a pepperoni calzone and a ton of chips and scorching hot queso dip. Washed down with a G&T and a Tallgrass Ethos IPA.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
For the record, I don't miss lovely food at all. If I want spicy chicken wings I baste a chicken breast with one of my hot sauce mixes and bake it. Far healthier and it tastes amazing.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Rhyno posted:

For the record, I don't miss lovely food at all. If I want spicy chicken wings I baste a chicken breast with one of my hot sauce mixes and bake it. Far healthier and it tastes amazing.

You're right and that's what I should do, but I have ungodly terrible impulse control. That's probably part of the reason I work out so much. I feel like a chump if I don't so now it's almost instinctive that I MUST work out at least once a day.

Luckily (aside from greasy foods) I've avoided dangerous addictions so far.

To counter- balance though I had a normal bowl of Kashi GoLean in almond milk for breakfast and a seasoned ground turkey sandwich on whole grain bread for lunch.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Eat whatever you want, just cook it yourself. It's really pretty hard to be unhealthily overweight like this.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I can't quit you, chicken wings

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Baked chicken wings are really good and very healthy

e: I work with a couple of dudes who do bodybuilding shows as a hobby and they pretty eat tons of baked chicken wings

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

rscott posted:

Eat whatever you want, just cook it yourself. It's really pretty hard to be unhealthily overweight like this.

That's a bunch of hogwash. A little peanut oil and some panko and you have the best fried EVERYTHING you'll ever eat.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I thought I couldn't stop eating that poo poo. My willpower was so strong over the first month I deserved a loving Green Lantern ring.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

If you were allowed real metal cylinder liners and valve seats, how long do you think an engine block cast out of J-B Weld would last? Steel crank, rods, pistons are allowed. Basically just the block and head J-B.

The heads are a no-go. But I bet you could do a low power/low compression block with liners and head bolt inserts that could idle for at least 15-20 seconds if you could figure out how to start it from the crank or bolt the starter to the bell housing rather than to any portion of the jbblock.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

If you're a manager then you have the power to have people trespassed. If you want to keep assholes driving good customers away from your business and keep most of your sanity it's something you need to practice. I trespass someone probably every other week. Sometimes entire groups of people.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

If you're a manager then you have the power to have people trespassed. If you want to keep assholes driving good customers away from your business and keep most of your sanity it's something you need to practice. I trespass someone probably every other week. Sometimes entire groups of people.

Yes but this was a 10 year old child that I let get under my skin. And if anyone drove customers away today it was my snapping at the small child in front of others.

But what I think you guys are saying is I should stalk and eat this child?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Let Dream Rhyno handle him, Freddy Krueger-style.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Rhyno posted:

But what I think you guys are saying is I should stalk and eat this child?

Post pics if you do.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

rscott posted:

Baked chicken wings are really good and very healthy

e: I work with a couple of dudes who do bodybuilding shows as a hobby and they pretty eat tons of baked chicken wings

I grill them till they're crispy and then coat with sriracha sauce mixed with butter, lime, soy sauce, cilantro and vinegar buy I'm not sure they are healthier one way or another.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
So I was driving home from a day out today, and saw a really strange car today and I was hoping someone could ID it for me. I unfortunately didn't get a close look/usable picture since I was several lanes away from it and it was slow stop and go traffic (ATLiens: 400 northbound itp at 5:30pm, you know what I mean.)

It appeared to be a mid-late 90s 5-door hatchback/small van with a distinct angled tailgate and odd diagonal [\\\\] [////] shaped tail lights. The rear glass was relatively short, so it had more of a van than car-like appearance. License plate was from no country I recognize. Letters on the tailgate spelled out what I thought said "SAZSARA" and there appeared to be a small oval logo too. Google says possibly a Lada Samsara but GIS doesn't really show anything with those distinct tail lights. It appeared to be RHD.

Was wondering if an international AIer had any idea what it might be.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus Christ. I just had a fight with the girlfriend and unless I misheard her the basis of the fight was that her mother was dead and mine was alive.

I mean, her mom was a pill popping junkie who tried to kill herself like 4 times that I know of but that's cool, bite my head off for having a living parent

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Jesus Christ. I just had a fight with the girlfriend and unless I misheard her the basis of the fight was that her mother was dead and mine was alive.

I mean, her mom was a pill popping junkie who tried to kill herself like 4 times that I know of but that's cool, bite my head off for having a living parent

Yeah.....it wasn't about that. Even if that's what she was saying.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

BraveUlysses posted:

I grill them till they're crispy and then coat with sriracha sauce mixed with butter, lime, soy sauce, cilantro and vinegar buy I'm not sure they are healthier one way or another.

This reads better as a reply to Rhyno's post.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Bucephalus posted:

Let Dream Rhyno handle him, Freddy Krueger-style.

One, two Rhyno's after you

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Rhyno posted:

Sounds like you have more terrible people to cut out of your life.

I used to work for games workshop (worst job ever) and "I don't care" wouldn't get noticed. "Get the gently caress out of my shop you Autistic loud-mouthed poo poo-eating pedant" isn't even what got me fired. Not knowing every rule and not deceiving unknowing parents into buying more/to much/the wrong flavour of plastic crack is what got me fired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Rhyno posted:

I don't need sex. I'm immune to it.

• Locked thread