Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

http://floatingworldcomics.com/shop/art-books/bartkira

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

http://floatingworldcomics.com/shop/art-books/bartkira

*edit* beaten

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Tegan and Sara shoes.

Link'o'rama

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

Vincent posted:

Getting my read on

Can I get some info on that edition of This is How You Lose Her? I love Junot Diaz (with maybe the exception of Oscar Wao) and that edition is just awesome.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

psyopmonkey posted:

Tegan and Sara shoes.

Link'o'rama

Oh god, that's not a stereotype joke. It actually is a Tegan and Sara vegan shoe. :pwn:

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with

My car is having issues.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My 6 year-old Macbook Pro died, so it was time to replace it.

2013 13" Macbook Air with 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 512 flash drive & Intel HD Graphics 5000 1024 MB video card. Saved $400 since it was refurbished. Now to find a case sturdy enough to keep this baby alive when I get into the inevitable bicycle accident...

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

I bought a 65" 4K TV

LG 65LA965W

It's a model from late last year without HDMI 2.0 / 4k Netflix, i dont care about either. I got it for about half off the original price.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Can I ask what you paid for it?

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Lilleput posted:

I bought a 65" 4K TV

LG 65LA965W

It's a model from late last year without HDMI 2.0 / 4k Netflix, i dont care about either. I got it for about half off the original price.

Wishing you and your wall many happy years together.

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

RCarr posted:

Can I ask what you paid for it?

I dont know how much you will get out of European prices but i paid 17500 DKK, thats about $3k

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Tindjin posted:

I love my Fisher pens and thought I would really like that one (as a "classy" alternative) but I ended up giving it away as I couldn't write comfortably due to how small the grip area is. Hope you like it.

You're right it's very small. Thankfully I have small enough hands that it's doable.

I've been annoying my coworkers with it this morning. "Just so you know if I happened to end up in space THIS PEN WOULD STILL WORK"

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Lilleput posted:

I dont know how much you will get out of European prices but i paid 17500 DKK, thats about $3k

So is Europe ahead of us in providing 4k content? Are satellite/cable providers showing anything in 4k yet there? I got on the HDTV bandwagon pretty early in 2001 when there was precious little content but I haven't even put 4k on my radar just because there seems to be no real delivery medium yet. So Netflix has a 4k option? That sounds good but here in America we're in the midst of ISP's throttling Netflix's bandwidth until they extort more money from them/us. :911:

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

I know that some euro stations are broadcasting the World Cup in 4k.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
I got a Proscan PLT4311 4.3 in. tablet for $8 total on sale, with rebate. I'm pleasantly surprised. I was half expecting it not to work at all since the reviews report duds, but mine is nice. It doesn't have Google Play but it has some other app store and it runs .APK games I downloaded from my PC.

It's for my second-grader niece's birthday. Her parents will probably be OK with one that doesn't go online well, isn't a phone, and was cheap enough not to worry about. If you want a gift, media player, a stunt double, or something to experiment on, roll the dice on it. It's still $10 on Newegg. The description actually says:

Newegg page posted:

Get One Today - Don't Miss Out! YOLO!

:mmmhmm: OK copy writer guy, you knew that was stupid.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ema Nymton has a new favorite as of 16:27 on Jun 12, 2014

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

davebo posted:

So is Europe ahead of us in providing 4k content? Are satellite/cable providers showing anything in 4k yet there? I got on the HDTV bandwagon pretty early in 2001 when there was precious little content but I haven't even put 4k on my radar just because there seems to be no real delivery medium yet. So Netflix has a 4k option? That sounds good but here in America we're in the midst of ISP's throttling Netflix's bandwidth until they extort more money from them/us. :911:

There's not really any broadcast 4K yet, but i dont watch TV at all and the TV will only ever be connected to a HTPC that can play 4K if i need it to.

I will mostly be watching 1080p movies, that will be up converted by the TV to 4K, it's supposed to look quite good.

Netflix steams House of Cards in 4K on supported TV's (They have to support HVEC) and more content to come..

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Lilleput posted:

There's not really any broadcast 4K yet, but i dont watch TV at all and the TV will only ever be connected to a HTPC that can play 4K if i need it to.

I will mostly be watching 1080p movies, that will be up converted by the TV to 4K, it's supposed to look quite good.

Netflix steams House of Cards in 4K on supported TV's (They have to support HVEC) and more content to come..

Does 4k streaming require a lot of bandwidth?

colas has a new favorite as of 18:10 on Jun 12, 2014

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

colas posted:

Does 4k streaming require a lot of bandwidth?

Is that a serious question?

Bald White Dad
Dec 28, 2004
Just some fag with a computer...on the internets bitch!
2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8. Inaugural Edition #128 of 1100.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That is a sexy fuckin' car.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Bald White Dad posted:

You have no idea how jealous I am of you.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Bald White Dad posted:

Woof!

Bald White Dad
Dec 28, 2004

Haha thanks guys. If you want some sweet shots of the 3-tone leather interior let me know, its crazy.

Not sure if its kosher for more than 1 pic-per-post

Bald White Dad has a new favorite as of 20:02 on Jun 12, 2014

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Bald White Dad posted:

Haha thanks guys. If you want some sweet shots of the 3-tone leather interior let me know, its crazy.

Not sure if its kosher for more than 1 pic-per-post

wanna see dat car

Please don't be automatic :ohdear:

George H.W. Cunt has a new favorite as of 20:10 on Jun 12, 2014

Bald White Dad
Dec 28, 2004

SaltLick posted:

wanna see dat car

Please don't be automatic :ohdear:

It is auto!

I've seen the Inaugurals anywhere from 36-42k. Which seems odd to me because thats no more than the normal production model SRT that year.

Got this one for 37

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Sharp as hell man. Congratulations.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Bald White Dad posted:

you dont live in louisville do you? i saw one of these on the road the other day and the paint scheme in particular looked pretty slick

Bald White Dad
Dec 28, 2004

tomstuart posted:

you dont live in louisville do you? i saw one of these on the road the other day and the paint scheme in particular looked pretty slick

Nope, Western PA, north of Pittsburgh about 40 minutes.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

1998 Fender American Deluxe Fretless Jazz. Plays killer (Pardon the lovely lighting).

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Mini Gold Glove award replica, signed by this guy:

Bald White Dad
Dec 28, 2004

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Mini Gold Glove award replica, signed by this guy:

That's cool,and I hate the Cards. Nice man!

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales

A Nexus 5.

No more purchases for another 8 weeks, now.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Nothing fancy:

Gamestop has a trade-in deal for this week and gave me $100 (normally only giving $40) for my original xbox 360. I then dumped some old games and accessories for some extra credit. Probably wouldn't have bought a PS4 any time soon if it weren't for getting that trade value.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
This little badboy, so film me hurting myself in the 2 weeks of Alpine mountain biking i have coming up.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

A Seidio case for my Nexus 7 - because it needs one and I am really happy with these cases.

A case for my ATH-M50's because I love them so much I am getting a second pair to take with me everywhere.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Preppin for the 4th of July :slick:

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.
I recently bought:

Boots!

A belt!

A fuckton of PORK!

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Needed new everyday sneakers

MistahBread
Feb 23, 2007
Yes Sah!

Fujifilm X20. Was on sale so was a bit cheaper than normal. Unfortunately that meant it was sold out all over the city so I have to wait for it arrive next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
This:

It's like someone lit a bonfire on the beach. And by beach I mean "tongue".