Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Whoever is running the offsite auth must have so many forum logins by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

_jink posted:

ya, some routes are wildly easier or less buggy then others at the moment though.

yeah no kidding, I lost a gold malgrave run because a quest interactable didn't spawn.

It's kind of lame they're more concerned with ruining the easy but fine adventures like VWotW than fixing how loving broken most veteran content is.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Doublestep posted:

Throw it in General and I'll redirect it to housing.

Cheers man, Thread posted.

http://wildstargoons.com/threads/do-you-have-a-cool-house%E2%84%A2-let-me-spotlight-it-on-youtube.255/

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Oddity posted:

Feel free to Return to Sender any gold spam mails.

You can also simply /ignore the sender and the mail goes poof (and I assume any new mails are blocked). I confirmed this with only-text mails, not sure if it would work if they put a copper inside.

PaganGoatPants posted:

Which hairstyle should I use? (color doesn't really matter)

Always go for short/up-do hair to minimize clipping with armor.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Oh today I learned that Prestige (pvp point stuff) is capped at 5,000. So use them! I think I've been maxed out for a while doing BG's and never knew! :suicide:

Use it on level 50 gear or something.

HFGoliath
Oct 21, 2010

Eve Goon. Interests: Small scale PVP / Solo PVP / efficiency.
Battleclinic: https://bit.ly/1azneoH
Eve Kill: https://bit.ly/18Mbael
Partner (SA sponsor for GSF) Eve Kill: https://bit.ly/57sdlAE

WarLocke posted:

Always go for short/up-do hair to minimize clipping with armor.

Unfortunately this doesn't help with the scientist costume helmet. My hair sticks out from the top of it, as well as the sides (although that doesn't bother me as much as the hair on top)

On the topic of PvP, can anyone explain to me what the benefit of even bothering with steals at the start of a match on Walatiki? It seems to me that you're almost always better off sending everyone to capture the middle mask since any potential steal would still force them to fight through your team to get back to their base.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Ooh, this is looking good. Where did you get all the web props! There are so many different unique ones!

Actually the spiderwebs you see are all premade by the Spiderland Fabkit. The challenge however, rewards you with an augmented spiderweb that glows in the dark. That is the only web I found. I wish there were more though I would put them everywhere.

Besesoth posted:

Also, Velveteen, what's your in-game name? Your house looks fantastic!

My in game name is also called Velveteen. I'm in Goon Squad on Warbringer.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I couldn't do that spider challenge. It laid like 2 eggs before it died from my incidental damage.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Velveteen posted:

My in game name is also called Velveteen. I'm in Goon Squad on Warbringer.

Dominion?

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

HFGoliath posted:

Unfortunately this doesn't help with the scientist costume helmet. My hair sticks out from the top of it, as well as the sides (although that doesn't bother me as much as the hair on top)

On the topic of PvP, can anyone explain to me what the benefit of even bothering with steals at the start of a match on Walatiki? It seems to me that you're almost always better off sending everyone to capture the middle mask since any potential steal would still force them to fight through your team to get back to their base.

Yep.
Grab uneartheds. Defend. Don't waste time on steals.

Healers win that battleground, also.

HFGoliath
Oct 21, 2010

Kaldaris posted:

Yep.

Healers win that battleground, also.

What bugs the poo poo out of me is that a single medic can hold people off a mask for however long they feel like doing it with their green jelly AoE. Just throw that poo poo down on a mask and spam heals on yourself and try to not run out of focus. They can literally never cap it while you're alive.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Can't they just deathgrip+stun you out of it?

HFGoliath
Oct 21, 2010

fadam posted:

Can't they just deathgrip+stun you out of it?

It isn't a channel. It's an instant cast targeted AoE ability that has 2 charges on a 15 second cooldown.

HFGoliath fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jun 12, 2014

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Does power link stack with itself? With two warriors in one five man, I mean.

also, I'm 25 and I've gotten my first two tier four abilities. Breaching Strikes is obvious, but I'm waffling on the second. Smackdown is fun to use and synergizes with BS, but it seems kinda like overkill at that point and the 10% resist reduction doesn't feel that effective outside of a group. Two charges of grapple are great for pvp but i'd rather use the points on more damage. I'm defaulting to Rampage at this point but I just wanted to hear other opinions.

Darth Windu fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jun 12, 2014

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I've started getting little "tics" in the game, it only started recently. Anyone have any idea what it could be? I've tried restarting and it only helps for a bit.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
I have played many MMOs in my time, and though I have yet to get to warplots, it has tentatively the worst PvP I've ever had to endure. It probably has something to do with that it's a twitchy, laggy mess with more lights than Laser Floyd.

PvE's still great, even if just a moderate .2 sec ping means that some boss telegraphs will assfuck you more likely than not (so basically a lot less leeway with timing).

Four Score fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jun 12, 2014

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

First Bass posted:

I have played many MMOs in my time, and though I have yet to get to warplots, it has tentatively the worst PvP I've ever had to endure. It probably has something to do with that it's a twitchy, laggy mess with more lights than Laser Floyd.

It gets better once you get the hang of it, but yeah, the strength of this game is in its PvE I think.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011

First Bass posted:

The PvP in this game is definitely very polarizing. I personally love it but I've heard the same complaints that its kind of a giant clusterfuck.

I can only imagine what the ground in a 40v40 looks like.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Kaldaris posted:

Yep.
You say this, but nearly every time I play at the beginning of the match there's a huge stalemate on the first mask and the one who breaks off and steals gets a mask because nobody breaks off to defend.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

CrashCat posted:

You say this, but nearly every time I play at the beginning of the match there's a huge stalemate on the first mask and the one who breaks off and steals gets a mask because nobody breaks off to defend.

How can you steal a mask if nobody has one yet?

HFGoliath
Oct 21, 2010

Darth Windu posted:

How can you steal a mask if nobody has one yet?

Each team starts with 1 moody mask.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

HFGoliath posted:

Each team starts with 1 moody mask.

Man, I didn't realize that! Looks like I'll be defending from now on.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut
Is there a way to make friendly nameplates not disappear behind large enemies? This is making healing during giant bosses a chore. I don't have occlusion turned on under the Bijiplates menu either.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Aphrodite posted:

I couldn't do that spider challenge. It laid like 2 eggs before it died from my incidental damage.

For me, an Engineer, I just switch to my tank stance and stand there until and egg spawns and right click it to shoot a single shot and break it. If it summons the big corrupted version you move away so its AoE doesn't hatch it and it will despawn. As long as the corrupted egg doesn't get broken you won't spawn small spiders and don't even need to hit the big spider at all! You should get 15 eggs before you die. Even easier if you have a heal.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

burningbridges posted:

its kind of a giant clusterfuck.

It's really stupid, but I feel like in the higher-level play it could probably be really interesting. Right now the tanky melee just kind of stands in the middle while everyone else shoots their poo poo in and the tanky melee doesn't die because they're tanky, or else they die because your team didn't bring a healer. At a level of play where people are interested in breaking into the back line and killing the actual source of the enemy damage/healing, I could see poo poo being less completely stupid.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
I feel like in something akin to a 5v5, the telegraph system shines. But in 10-15 team sizes? It's a loving visual mess.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Isn't there a command to downgrade the visuals?

HFGoliath
Oct 21, 2010

Kaldaris posted:

I feel like in something akin to a 5v5, the telegraph system shines. But in 10-15 team sizes? It's a loving visual mess.

What I find really annoying is that trying to cast any form of CC on someone in a BG is pretty much a crapshoot. "I'm going to stun this healer so we can blow him up... oh I hit the warrior. Well whatever it's only a 25 second cooldown..."

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

PaganGoatPants posted:

Isn't there a command to downgrade the visuals?

No, for simplicity's sake a lot of my settings are on low to make PvP smoother, (since that's all I do), but there's no real concrete option to turn down the visual effects themselves. It's a flurry of technocolour rave lights.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
So I'm on the week trial, seeing if I like this game before I plop money down on it. Two questions for people who actually know poo poo about this game: one, which class feels the most satisfying, action-wise, to play? I'm a big fan of action MMOs like DFO and TERA with really satisfying impacts, trying to capture that Devil May Cry/Bayonetta feeling, and was super disappointed by how floaty GW2 felt. I've been running with a Spellslinger so far in the very early areas, and it's pretty fun, very mobile. Two, how do I go about HEALING PEOPLE WITH MY GUNS? Do I put my points into support and just suffer through leveling? I'm pretty used to the suffering that is leveling healers in MMOs, but was hoping that maybe I could pretend to be DPS while soloing and switch over to healing in instances.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Yeah you get a second spec at 15 that you can swap between for healing/dps.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

So I'm on the week trial, seeing if I like this game before I plop money down on it. Two questions for people who actually know poo poo about this game: one, which class feels the most satisfying, action-wise, to play? I'm a big fan of action MMOs like DFO and TERA with really satisfying impacts, trying to capture that Devil May Cry/Bayonetta feeling, and was super disappointed by how floaty GW2 felt. I've been running with a Spellslinger so far in the very early areas, and it's pretty fun, very mobile. Two, how do I go about HEALING PEOPLE WITH MY GUNS? Do I put my points into support and just suffer through leveling? I'm pretty used to the suffering that is leveling healers in MMOs, but was hoping that maybe I could pretend to be DPS while soloing and switch over to healing in instances.

Couldn't tell you on the first part but as for healing, you get multiple specs and can redo the points you spend in your skills at will. Just keep a second set of support gear for healing and switch to that when needed.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Metrohunter posted:

Light armor gets so many nice looking options to wear compared to the other types. :argh:
My Chua will never be wearing heavy armor in his armor slots because all high end heavy armor makes Chua look like the wrestlers from Sumotori Dreams.

You can just use the Costume slots and slot in some nice looking light armour while still getting to wear heavy. Or turn it all off and run around naked, free of the vile tyranny of space fabrics.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

PaganGoatPants posted:

Oh today I learned that Prestige (pvp point stuff) is capped at 5,000. So use them! I think I've been maxed out for a while doing BG's and never knew! :suicide:
It's also really easy to cap out your prestige. You get 5k in like 8-10 BGs if you're doing well, and if you're doing walatiki that's maybe 3 hours of playing.

So yeah, buy level 50 gear, buy all the AMPs for your class, even if you don't plan on using them right away (never hurts having them unlocked), optionally all the blueprints for your profession, stock up on lesser inspirations of the aggressor (required to craft PvP gear) and the pvp rune fragments.

Syrek
Jan 13, 2010

Meeeeeeeeehhh
I dunno 'bout that

Darth Windu posted:

Does power link stack with itself? With two warriors in one five man, I mean.

also, I'm 25 and I've gotten my first two tier four abilities. Breaching Strikes is obvious, but I'm waffling on the second. Smackdown is fun to use and synergizes with BS, but it seems kinda like overkill at that point and the 10% resist reduction doesn't feel that effective outside of a group. Two charges of grapple are great for pvp but i'd rather use the points on more damage. I'm defaulting to Rampage at this point but I just wanted to hear other opinions.

Each player can only be affected by 1 power link at any time. Which is understandable because 5 people doing 25% more damage half the time is ridiculously powerful in terms of group DPS.

Rampage will be your best finisher pretty much through the whole game at this point so you should stick with it. You can knock your TTK down a notch by taking another big hitter to use when Rampage is on cooldown, like WW or Tremor, but always stick with Rampage if it's available.
I started to make use of Defensive grid in my LAS around level 20 to keep the health loss when pulling large groups at a minimum. It's also a great gank cushion and you might be able to solo some primes as the class is not really made for that.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Syrek posted:

Each player can only be affected by 1 power link at any time. Which is understandable because 5 people doing 25% more damage half the time is ridiculously powerful in terms of group DPS.

Rampage will be your best finisher pretty much through the whole game at this point so you should stick with it. You can knock your TTK down a notch by taking another big hitter to use when Rampage is on cooldown, like WW or Tremor, but always stick with Rampage if it's available.
I started to make use of Defensive grid in my LAS around level 20 to keep the health loss when pulling large groups at a minimum. It's also a great gank cushion and you might be able to solo some primes as the class is not really made for that.

I figured that about power link, but I thought maybe it didn't stack fully or something.

I just meant which skills I should tier 4 immediately, I have a good feel on which ones I like to have on my bar. Not a big fan of WW or Tremor. I really, really like the shield recharge skill as my one defensive skill for soloing primes. Someone in the guild taught me the warrior prime strat: hit the shield skill, go all out in dps for six seconds, then kite until your shield and cool downs are back up, mixing in damage when the prime telegraphs and leaping when it gets too close. This only works with melee primes obviously but it has worked really well for me so far and I am terrible at this game. I was really skeptical about warriors being able to solo equal level primes too, but I've killed a bunch of rares using this method and I'd recommend anyone interested in getting better to practice it. Just kiting seems really important for us melees so it is just a good skill to have.

Unstoppable Hiatus
May 29, 2006

Stare like a junkie
Into the TV :pwn:

frest posted:

I can partial queue to dungeons but whenever I attempt to do so with adventures the button remains greyed out, even when all party members have unlocked it or whatever.

You should make sure that everyone in your group has completed the quest that leads up to the adventure. Being the right level is not enough, there are often pre-quests that will prevent you from being able to queue.

Also, if a member hasn't done the quest, you will need to reform the group once they have. It seems like the pre-quest completion check is made at the beginning of forming a group.

Syrek
Jan 13, 2010

Meeeeeeeeehhh
I dunno 'bout that

Darth Windu posted:

I figured that about power link, but I thought maybe it didn't stack fully or something.

I just meant which skills I should tier 4 immediately, I have a good feel on which ones I like to have on my bar. Not a big fan of WW or Tremor. I really, really like the shield recharge skill as my one defensive skill for soloing primes. Someone in the guild taught me the warrior prime strat: hit the shield skill, go all out in dps for six seconds, then kite until your shield and cool downs are back up, mixing in damage when the prime telegraphs and leaping when it gets too close. This only works with melee primes obviously but it has worked really well for me so far and I am terrible at this game. I was really skeptical about warriors being able to solo equal level primes too, but I've killed a bunch of rares using this method and I'd recommend anyone interested in getting better to practice it. Just kiting seems really important for us melees so it is just a good skill to have.

Your bread and butter skills like RS, BS and Rampage should be upgraded first of course but I guess you already did that. Since that's about 80% of what you use to kill stuff, the rest is pretty much up to your play style. I'm not aware of any "must haves" apart from these.
Killing primes is fun and challenging and all but as with all things, just because you can do something it doesn't mean that it's a good idea to do it. Warriors are amazing at pulling huge groups and bursting them down in seconds. In the time it takes to kill a prime you could obliterate 3-4 groups of 5+ mobs without any kind of risk.
The only limit for warriors is the spawn rate. :black101:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

_jink posted:

ya, some routes are wildly easier or less buggy then others at the moment though.

Yeah, Darkspur is way harder than Redmoon, and I think Protostar is bugged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
I'm confused about costume slots.

I'm used the costume items overlaying the real stuff underneath but in this game it completely replaces them?

• Locked thread