Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

A classic PSA featuring Death and Constantine

Death Talks About Life 1994
http://io9.com/5750398/neil-gaimans-1994-safe-sex-psa-starring-death-from-sandman-and-john-constantine/

Literally my first exposure to anything Sandman, Constantine, or Vertigo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

"You can eat the banana" :aaa:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Not funny panels, but here is a news story about a Spider-Man statue with a very obvious erection. Also, dick puns.

:nws: http://comicsalliance.com/spider-man-statue-south-korea-gigantic-boner-eunsuk-yoo/:nws:

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Action Comics Vol 1 285, February 1962 has great attempts to fit Supergirl, a superpowered young lady, into the world of the 60s.

Women learning of her existence either possess shallow admiration or catty jealousy, while the strongman and Khrushchev are emasculated.

Supergirl saves the world and is invited to the White House for the President's thanks, and all she can think about is how pretty Jackie Kennedy is.

My favorite panel, though, is when Supergirl reveals her secret to her parents:

They seriously raised a child without noticing she was a blonde in a brunette wig.

William Bear fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jun 12, 2014

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

DisMafugga posted:

In the 90s Wolverine tackled domestic violence the only way he knew how.

Logan's just mad because the guy stole his shirt.

(apologies for the lovely screencap)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I think the brown wig is made out of Kryptonian plexiglass so it acts as an amplifier for her low-level hypnotic suggestion that she's not Supergirl.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Lobok posted:

Now we just need a panel of Wonder Woman beating up a wife who has been abusing her husband.

How about Impulse stopping a mother from beating her son?

I don't know which comic this is from, I got it from tumblr.

I really want this shirt

Also from tumblr:

quote:

"Mad staffer Jerry DeFuccio commissioned C. C. Beck to create a scene with William Gaines standing in for the Captain Marvel wizard Shazam as the wizard Sausage.”
A rare concatenation of MAD Magazine and Shazam memorabilia. Image and text ganked from Heritage Auctions.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Unlucky7 posted:

Not funny panels, but here is a news story about a Spider-Man statue with a very obvious erection. Also, dick puns.

:nws: http://comicsalliance.com/spider-man-statue-south-korea-gigantic-boner-eunsuk-yoo/:nws:

I'm going to click that link for the author of that article, I'm going to be very surprised if my guess is wrong.

E: Hahahaha.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Source: Ken Jennings' Twitter.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Source: Ken Jennings' Twitter.

Hey, Jimmy! I got a movie for ya! A Fridge Too Far!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gavok posted:

I'm going to click that link for the author of that article, I'm going to be very surprised if my guess is wrong.

E: Hahahaha.

Don't make fun of me. :mad:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sometimes when following 616 Spidey I get depressed and need to be reminded that he's objectively the best superhero ever. To do this, I re-read Marvel Adventures.

Thank you, Marvel Adventures Spider-Man #57.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

prefect posted:

About the pro She winds up sacrificing herself and saving the planet; that wasn't ugly or cynical at all.

After telling the not-justice league that we need people willing to bomb schools because that's where bad guys hide and to never let her kid grow up to be a oval office like they are.

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

Quasar Issue # 40, Ultimately Nullified!!! (It actually has the three exclamations, and yeah it pisses me off too.)

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

Don't make fun of me. :mad:

I was paying homage! :glomp:

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Yinlock posted:

Sometimes when following 616 Spidey I get depressed and need to be reminded that he's objectively the best superhero ever. To do this, I re-read Marvel Adventures.

Don't make me remember that Spider-Man wasn't always this meh. Slott on ASM, Bendis on USM. At least Superior Foes of Spider-Man is fun and that recent Deadpool annual.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Cerepol posted:

Don't make me remember that Spider-Man wasn't always this meh. Slott on ASM, Bendis on USM. At least Superior Foes of Spider-Man is fun and that recent Deadpool annual.

Hahaha it's too late, join me in reading the series for small children where everyone is super-likable and well-written and feel my pain.

Marvel Adventures Spider-Man V2 #7

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Yinlock posted:

from New Warriors #3 I think, featuring Kaine as Not Spider-Man

VVVV: I'd say the whole run is pretty good, so just start from the beginning.

Hel fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jun 13, 2014

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Hel posted:

from New Warriors #3 I think, featuring Kaine as Not Spider-Man

I'm really enjoying Not-Spider-Man in New Warriors - is Scarlet Spider worth picking up? If so, when from?

e for panels

A challenger approaches:

New Warriors #5

fake edit: goddam my scanner sucks.

KayTee fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jun 13, 2014

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cerepol posted:

Bendis has never not been on USM :confused: and USM owns :confused:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

KayTee posted:

I'm really enjoying Not-Spider-Man in New Warriors - is Scarlet Spider worth picking up? If so, when from?

Yes, yes it is. Pretty much all of it.

zoux posted:

Yes also to this.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

KayTee posted:

Scarlet Spider seemed like it was going to be a horrible "badass Spider-Man" comic, but it was terrific fun. Great stuff, with a great supporting cast.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

KayTee posted:

Issue number 1 you bastard, get on it already.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Posted this as an anecdote in Badass Panels thread, but it belongs here moreso. Amazing Namor expressions by Valerio Schiti from New Avengers #19:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Yinlock posted:

Hahaha it's too late, join me in reading the series for small children where everyone is super-likable and well-written and feel my pain.

It really is the best.

Can't remember the issue :shrug:

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

zoux posted:

I'm mostly annoyed by peak Bendis speak in the latest issues and the misuse of Miles. The guy literally cannot go 2 issues without Bendis reminding him that Peter used to hold the title. Anyways this is getting off topic here.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Yinlock posted:

I didn't know they also did a Superior Spider-Man story line in Marvel Adventures.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Yinlock posted:

The funniest part is that Logan looks super stoked to play tag.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I'm sorry I don't have the screencap, but in the newest issue of Daredevil, he says "Bzzt. Lying cat says "lying." Try again." which is obviously a reference to Saga. And it made me laugh out loud and I love it!

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

So apparently Street Angel is getting reprinted. This is a good thing.

Street Angel #1

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Servoret posted:

So apparently Street Angel is getting reprinted. This is a good thing.

Street Angel #1

Not sure how many people know about this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnL9b1Hrrrs

Full thing here:
vimeo.com/63237636

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Fuego Fish posted:

Armor is one of those characters which I wish I hadn't learned more about.

"Her mutant ability is to create elaborate indestructible forcefields around her body, which is why she's called Armor."
"Oh, that's cool. Sort of like a psycho-kinetic Colossus, then?"
"They're powered by her ancestors because, y'know, she's Japanese. The more she venerates her ancestors, the stronger she is."
"Why would you create a character like that."

She's like Jubilee dialled up to 11.

Not for nothin' but every time Armor and racism comes up I wonder why no one ever brings up that she's...well..uh...an ESPN headline on Jeremy Lin. Just saying.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Duke Igthorn posted:

Not for nothin' but every time Armor and racism comes up I wonder why no one ever brings up that she's...well..uh...an ESPN headline on Jeremy Lin. Just saying.

Probably because chink is for Chinese and Hisako is Japanese.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Not to post a webcomic again, but it's somewhat relevant given the renewed discussion of Armor:

Source: Super Stupor Webcomic

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Are there even any good stories of Armor? Last I read of her was in the story where Quentin traps her and Wolverine in a cyberpunk dystopia. Then she's quietly shelved.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Not to post a webcomic again, but it's somewhat relevant given the renewed discussion of Armor:

R.K. Millholand is maybe the biggest webcomic hack to never get a mock thread. God I hate his garbage.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
That joke could have been told in at least nine fewer panels.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Never post this again.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

BIG HEADLINE posted:

This is bad and you should feel bad

Bad poster

Bad

Also you're image leeching which is similarly: bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011

Cap loves the movies!

Source: Captain America #221, Written by Steve Gerber with art by Sal Buscema and Mike Esposito.

Boring context:

That's not Cap, it's Lyle Dekker's brain in the body of a gigantic Captain America robot body, the Ameri-droid.

• Locked thread