Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tunicate
May 15, 2012

quote:

Keeps Using Stalin For Stalling
Secondary School | UK | Bizarre/Silly, History, Politics, Students

(My class is writing essays on Stalin’s rise to power. Our history teacher, whilst a very good teacher, is very open about how great he thinks Stalin was.)

Student #1: “[Teacher], if I write ‘I love Stalin’ at the top of my work, will I get a [highest mark]?

Teacher: “No—”

Student #1: “Everyone, just write ‘I love Stalin’! Then we’ll all get [highest mark]!”

(This goes on a little until another student overhears Student #2 discussing with a friend.)

Student #2: *loudly* “[Student #1], did you just say ‘Stalin was a sneaky little jerk’?”

Student #1: “What? I—”

Student #3: “Ooh, you will so get [fail grade]!”

I give this story a truthfulness of [number].

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Archives are back!

Angry Bee Dance's Helldump.

and the original thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3061239&userid=145252

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Tunicate posted:

I give this story a truthfulness of [number].

Totally happened to me, but with Hitler instead of Stalin. And with hate instead of love.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Paladinus posted:

Totally happened to me, but with Hitler instead of Stalin. And with hate instead of love.

So did you receive a [highest mark]?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

jodai posted:

So did you receive a [highest mark]?

No, but a nazi sympathiser did receive a [fail grade].

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Of all the stupid poo poo that gets censored in these why does [highest grade] get censored? At least other times it's kind of inane but it makes some sense that you don't want people finding out you work at a McDonalds in Texas or whatever. But what harm is it that people know that you get an A? Or is it in like a foreign country where the grading system is different so they don't want people knowing which one?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Of all the stupid poo poo that gets censored in these why does [highest grade] get censored? At least other times it's kind of inane but it makes some sense that you don't want people finding out you work at a McDonalds in Texas or whatever. But what harm is it that people know that you get an A? Or is it in like a foreign country where the grading system is different so they don't want people knowing which one?

They already say it's the UK in the topbar, though.

slacjs
Feb 27, 2009

The top grade in the UK is an A*. I can see how this would be confusing.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
How could any rational human being believe Stalin was great, let alone be "very open" about it. These losers aren't even trying to make their stories believable any more.

I just noticed this on not always learning:

quote:

7. Are your stories real?
We endeavor to ensure stories are based on actual, real events. Submissions that are copied from literature, well-known jokes, or other pop culture sources are summarily rejected.

That said, we admit that some inappropriate stories do occasionally make it through. If you know of a story that is not based on actual events, and have clear evidence to prove it, let us know!

:laffo:

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Did that John Galt story ever make it through the filter?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

sharktamer posted:

How could any rational human being believe Stalin was great, let alone be "very open" about it. These losers aren't even trying to make their stories believable any more.

I had an history teacher in "community college" who was a pretty big Stalin fan. These people exist, no doubt about it.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Missing Name posted:

Did that John Galt story ever make it through the filter?

I don't need to look to know that it didn't make it. It was taken from one of the most famous novels of the 20th century. It has the phrase "Who is John Galt?" in it, used in the way that the characters in the novel use it.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

I had an history teacher in "community college" who was a pretty big Stalin fan. These people exist, no doubt about it.

I used to be a pretty big Stalin fan but then I turned 15. I like to think Red Alert had something to do with it.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
My little brother (who's about 20) is always telling me the latest stories of one of his friends he met on loving deviantart who's supposedly like a married lesbian cop in Germany. Every story of hers he tells me reeks of STDH.txt, including classics as "belligerent rear end in a top hat yelling his close-minded opinions into the public" & "gay hero of the story delivers a speech that causes nearby population to clap simultaneously".
He's an idiot, & believes every story she tells.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Are married lesbians such a problem in Germany that they need extra cops specifically for them?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Atmus posted:

Are married lesbians such a problem in Germany that they need extra cops specifically for them?

It's a subdivision of :cumpolice:.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

the-unpopular-opinions posted:

People (mostly women) who think “male tears” is okay to say are horrible. For a surprising majority of male tears responses, the male that is being mocked has a legitimate problem. I am a woman and used to be a feminist. I actually thought that male tears was harmful at one point. It changed when I saw it in action.

I used to work at a women’s shelter in my town. I volunteered and helped mentally and physically abused women get their lives back together. About month in, a white male who happened to be my neighbor knocked on the door. His head had dried blood on it, he was heavily bruised, and he was crying. Apparently, his new wife had beat him and kicked him out of his own house. I’ve met her before. I very rarely use this word, but she was the pure definition of a bitch. She was rude, she was violent, she took money out of donation boxes in fast food restaurants. I don’t see what that guy saw in her, but he was a good person. In response to him asking us for help after explaining his situation, my (now former) friends told him to leave. They kept chanting “wah wah, male tears.” and stated that a privileged man like him didn’t deserve to have access to the shelters. They made stupid comments about how he might rape the other women and that we wouldn’t waste medical supplies on him. They kicked him out and told him to go to a men’s shelter. What they didn’t know was that there were no men’s shelters in the city. We have over a dozen women’s shelters, but none for men. He walked about half a mile away. Apparently he didn’t have his car either, before i couldn’t see him anymore. It turns out he made it to a black shelter and was accepted. The black shelter, unlike the shelter I worked, allowed anyone of any color or gender in. Even though they were a black shelter, they didn’t see people as “oppressors”, but as people who needed help. I left that shelter to volunteer at the better one. Obviously I was appalled at the treatment of the man in need with only assumptions to persuade people to turn him away. That man needed help, but was denied because of his gender and the color of his skin. Because the girls just saw “privilege” and turned him away with the justification of “wah wah, male tears.” It was disgusting.

The worst time that I heard it was while I was at a bar with other friends. A guy in his early 30’s came in crying. He ordered one of the cheap drinks and asked us if we had any work for him. He said that his 3 kids were in the hospital across the street. All three had the same genetic disease that kept them in there in pain. He was a single parent apparently ran out of money and insurance to pay the hospital. Instead of the understandable ‘he might be scamming us’ thought, my friends and a few people in the bar did the bawling eye motion that represents “wah male tears” Then a few tried talking to him about the statistics of single mothers in America, telling him that he had it better than them because he was a man. This guy had all three kids in the hospital and all these people could think about was making him feel bad. AS a woman, one of my greatest fears is having a child, loved one, or worse, multiple loved ones in the hospital. No one cared because he was a guy. Some older people there said that that guy spent almost every night there drinking cheap alcohol and crying over his kids. All he did was ask us if we had work for him to pay hospital bills and he was met with rear end in a top hat drunks who made fun of him.

Freaking stop male tears. I don’t care what reason you have for it. It’s hurtful. There are real people with worse problems than you. Even small problems or injustices shouldn’t be met with your little joke. Silencing someone or ignoring their troubles strictly because of your assumptions about their gender is sexism an maybe you should reevaluate yourself before you spread your hateful words.

At the very least, refrain from saying “Male Tears”. It needs to stop.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

This woman neckbeard needs to wipe up her his male tears about his totally real story.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Stolen from the schadenfreude thread:

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!
Who even says "Male Tears" it doesn't even flow as a phrase.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
It's a Tumblr SJW thing. That and MRA forums aren't really STDH so much as childish people saying stupid things.

Content:

Yup, truly every young man's dream posted:

So Saturday night, myself and a few good buds are out at a trendy bar going through our usual routine: 1) drink, 2) goof off, 3) "spit game" at cute girls, and 4) dance like idiots. 9 times out of 10, this routine ends with three or four of us dudes eating torso-sized pizza slices and passing out in someone's living room with a Netflix movie on. I'm fine with that result, and had no intention of ending the night in any other way. On this Saturday night, however, there happened to be an absolutely gorgeous girl at the bar who, miraculously, was quite receptive to my version of steps 3 and 4. We took shots, talked about work, and even got sweaty together on the dance floor. At around 1 AM we exchanged numbers and agreed to get drinks later in the week. I then excused myself momentarily to go to the bathroom...

Queue the bathroom. I've stayed at 4- and 5-star hotels that didn't have bathrooms this nice. Each bathroom has its own locking door, large toilet, sink, and--you guessed it--Dyson AirBlade. Like most guys my age (26), I've wanted to stick my nuts into one of these puppies ever since I first laid eyes on one. So after finishing my business and washing up, I went for it. Pants around my ankles, I lowered my package into the crevice. Glory. I cannot describe to you how good if felt. It was like a thousand angels blowing cool air onto my sweaty sack from all sides at once. I lose myself in the moment. In fact, I am so wholly encompassed in the discovery I've just made that I don't immediately notice the door opening next to me. The music gets louder, the lights raise, and suddenly I'm exposed to the aforementioned gorgeous girls and two of her friends, who have just opened the door (which I forgot to lock). Screams of "WHAT THE gently caress" and "DON'T EVER loving CALL ME, YOU SICKO" followed, and I quickly exited the bar.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

FrozenVent posted:

Stolen from the schadenfreude thread:

I remember this joke from bash.org! Also that teacher has lovely handwriting and apparently grades with one of those huge sharpies.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

ibntumart posted:

It's a Tumblr SJW thing. That and MRA forums aren't really STDH so much as childish people saying stupid things.

Content:

Christ this reads like one of those retarded green text stories from 4chan only without the benefit of it being brief and to the point.

miserable lil onion
Oct 15, 2008

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I remember this joke from bash.org! Also that teacher has lovely handwriting and apparently grades with one of those huge sharpies.

And keeps a stack of fast food restaurant applications on hand. You know, just in case.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
That's the only part of that story I believe: I also have lovely handwriting and grade with a fat sharpie. Although I use red.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

PUGGERNAUT posted:

And has the same handwriting as whoever wrote "Lol_Pics" in the upper left.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
While we're on academic STDH:

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

ibntumart posted:

If <name redacted> turned out to be Orly Taitz, I could believe the veracity of this claim, tbh.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

ibntumart posted:

I totally believe this because I had a prof who gave us a very stern warning to never put her as a reference unless she already granted it, and that she would gladly trash talk you if she got an unexpected reference call.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Toriori posted:

I totally believe this because I had a prof who gave us a very stern warning to never put her as a reference unless she already granted it, and that she would gladly trash talk you if she got an unexpected reference call.

Over the phone is one thing, in writing is asking to get sued / disciplined.

Personally I have a hard time buying that a university prof with a J.D., when threatened with a lawsuit, wouldn't just refer the threatening party to the legal department.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
A recommendation letter is not at all the same as a reference call, though. That letter is pure STDH. Maybe the professor wrote it, then crumpled it up and threw it away, but that's as far as it ever would have gone.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Even if the student doesn't deserve a good reference, that letter is needlessly harsh. But I can definitely believe that happened because some academic types can be smug dickholes towards their students.

ADHDan
Sep 22, 2006

A genuinely kind goon who goes out of his way to help others. These traits can't be diminished by the fact that he actually likes Minneapolis.

FrozenVent posted:

Personally I have a hard time buying that a university prof with a J.D., when threatened with a lawsuit, wouldn't just refer the threatening party to the legal department.

Or at least not write a letter including a bunch of "he said/she said" fact statements that the student could dispute the truth of in a libel claim. (But mostly what you said.)

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
I couldn't sleep last night, so I started browsing through the "PYF moment of What the Christ?!" thread. Although there are quite a few STDH, this one caught my attention:

Death Dealer posted:

I've got a story similar to that, since the last fight I was in was back in 8th grade of High School. I'm generally one of the nicest and least temperamental people you're likely to meet, but on this particular day I was having an incredibly poo poo day and I was only 2 periods in. I'm in Gym class, generally trying to mind my own business and this kid walks up to me and tries to start more poo poo.

He ends up knocking the ball I was half-assed playing with out of my hands, and it just broke something inside of me. I'm a pretty poo poo fighter in all honesty, but I threw an elbow, got punched, then returned it. I guess he saw something in my eyes because he got a scared look on his face, turned tail and ran.

The WTC moment was when I stomped on the ground, gave a berserker yell of "DEATH" (...I was in a rage and uncreative, but it got the point across I guess), and chased him down which I normally couldn't do. He falls down, I raise my foot to stomp on him....and regain my composure, put my foot back on the ground and offer my hand to help him back up.

High school being what it is, I still got a lot of "You lost the fight" kind of poo poo, but heard from a friend of mine that the outburst ended up scaring one of the seniors because he didn't expect something like that out of me.

Not a single fight in almost 10 years though. v:shobon:v

DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATH!!!!

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Non Serviam posted:

I couldn't sleep last night, so I started browsing through the "PYF moment of What the Christ?!" thread. Although there are quite a few STDH, this one caught my attention:

DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATH!!!!

He's not called death dealer for nothing.

I like to imagine that everyone in that thread is Albert Einstein.

silencekit
May 1, 2014

Noyemi K posted:

I like to imagine that everyone in that thread is Albert Einstein.

It works as the twist ending to literally every single STDH.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

FrozenVent posted:

Over the phone is one thing, in writing is asking to get sued / disciplined.

Pardon me goon sir, but what I neglected to tell you is I am the student in question and when I brought this letter up to the prof he confessed he just wanted my attention, we have been together for three years tomorrow and are getting married this summer!

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Toriori posted:

Pardon me goon sir, but what I neglected to tell you is I am the student in question and when I brought this letter up to the prof he confessed he just wanted my attention, we have been together for three years tomorrow and are getting married this summer!

Allow me to start a round of applause in your honor!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Heard one on the radio this morning. Callers called in sharing Dad stories for Father's Day.

There's a street in Phoenix called Grand that used to be the old highway, and has a gazillion railroad crossings. It used to be famous for having long 5+ minute waits at railroad crossings, pushing 10 minutes if you got multiple trains going back and forth. They've since addressed the traffic with bridges and alternate freeways.
This guy called in a story from when he was a kid, after sitting at a rail crossing for 10 minutes, his dad puts the car in park, scoops up a handful of rocks, and starts hucking rocks in frustration at the sides of the passing trains. Maybe that happened.

Then everyone leaned out of their cars, clapping and cheering. That may not have happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

quote:

Alright. It all started about 2 years ago at a lake. My best friend and her brothers were swimming to the middle of the lake because there was a pier they could sit on. So one brother already made it there. And my best friend was almost there, but her OTHER brother suddenly gave out and had trouble swimming. So she swam back to him and tried to pull him with her, but he kept struggling and accidentally kept pulling her underwater with him. So he said, "Lexie, LET GO OF MY HAND! You can't go with me!" And she kept refusing to go and said, "No, Nathan! You're my older brother, and I can't leave you to die alone! Please let me die instead!" and Nathan kept telling Lexie to let go of his hand. She kept refusing to let go, so he said, "Goodbye, Lexie! Swim to the pier where Levi is!" and he let go of her. He drowned within seconds. Lexie STILL beats HERSELF UP over this. She always writes "N.P.H. Love Like Crazy" on her wrist. That's his initials and a song that describes him well. I keep telling her that it was nobody's fault and maybe it was just his time to go. And it just still makes me upset because this guy was like a brother to me, and I still can't believe he's gone from our lives...

• Locked thread