Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Any idea what the expected value of those opened vintage masters packs will be? I'm hesitant to pay so much to draft knowing I'll be getting cards I can't really use otherwise. At least with standard/modern legal sets I know I might be able to use the cards afterwards, and can keep the pack winnings to keep playing. VM is only around until Khans comes out. I cant remember how much legacy playable stuff thats actually helpful is in VM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ranpire
Nov 6, 2012
Actually, Vintage Masters packs are already available, it's just the events for the set that don't start until Friday. You can obtain and crack packs right now, though, if that's your thing.

All the Legacy queues are paying out in VM too, which is pretty absurd value. 2 mans are 4 tickets to enter and 1 VM pack to the winner, so if you've got a deck, get in there.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Any idea what the expected value of those opened vintage masters packs will be? I'm hesitant to pay so much to draft knowing I'll be getting cards I can't really use otherwise. At least with standard/modern legal sets I know I might be able to use the cards afterwards, and can keep the pack winnings to keep playing. VM is only around until Khans comes out. I cant remember how much legacy playable stuff thats actually helpful is in VM.

The rares are FoW and duals. That's value already. Dude. This set is nothing but gas.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

What a Judas posted:

The rares are FoW and duals. That's value already. Dude. This set is nothing but gas.
But what if I get a Decree of Justice? :saddowns:
I'm gonna have a really hard time drafting this set due to how it's assembled, and that it's $25 a pop. Does anyone have pointers on it?

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

neetengie posted:

I'm gonna have a really hard time drafting this set due to how it's assembled, and that it's $25 a pop. Does anyone have pointers on it?

I'm just drafting as a way to open the hundreds of boosters I'd be buying anyway. I need vintage in my modo.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

neetengie posted:

Try practicing a few on here, I suppose. I don't use MTGO, but it would seem fun to try out Vintage Masters. Alas, still not going to with how MTGO currently is.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Ramos posted:

Try practicing a few on here, I suppose. I don't use MTGO, but it would seem fun to try out Vintage Masters. Alas, still not going to with how MTGO currently is.
This is why I don't like drafting by myself there, but I'll give it a shot again.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

neetengie posted:

This is why I don't like drafting by myself there, but I'll give it a shot again.

Geez man, if you can't focus there, you're going to have trouble with Vintage Masters for sure. I guess the best course of action is just figuring out what archetypes there are and learning when to grab for them.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Ramos posted:

Geez man, if you can't focus there, you're going to have trouble with Vintage Masters for sure. I guess the best course of action is just figuring out what archetypes there are and learning when to grab for them.

I think he means that the AI isn't so hot when Ancestral Recall is available for 3rd pick

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

neetengie posted:

Step three: Pony up cash sucka, 25 bux for a draft pack IIRC.

The amount of time the set will be around will cause it to fall though. But it might get worse in July since a lot of people will be fake leaving MTGO due to being forced onto the Beta (until they come crawling back 10 days later).

You can actually get Vintage Masters boosters now, its just only as a reward for winning the Vintage tourneys and events.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jun 12, 2014

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Should I crack my Vintage Masters boosters or sell them? I'm assuming the price I'd get is lower than what it will cost to buy them in a couple days, but maybe people are bigger idiots than that.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

Should I crack my Vintage Masters boosters or sell them? I'm assuming the price I'd get is lower than what it will cost to buy them in a couple days, but maybe people are bigger idiots than that.
Crack them and report what you opened, why not. Unless they're being bought for 30tix or more.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

neetengie posted:

Crack them and report what you opened, why not. Unless they're being bought for 30tix or more.

You know they don't cost 25 tix each, right? It's 7 each, 25 to participate in a draft.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

neetengie posted:

They were around 10 tix earlier today.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

YeehawMcKickass posted:

Swords to Timeshares is incredible. And that Uncharted realms was a REALLY good read. Kruphix seems so chill compared to Heliod and Erebos being the biggest dicks in the multiverse.

What I'm saying is we need more Kruphix.
Yeah, Kruphix is a bro. I wouldn't mind seeing more of him.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Thawing Glaciers as my first Vintage Masters pack. Off to a grand start!

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

What a Judas posted:

Thawing Glaciers as my first Vintage Masters pack. Off to a grand start!

Yeah, I've decided to hold them and wait to play somes 4-3-2-2s. If I open power or whatever I'll just keep it.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Yeah, I've decided to hold them and wait to play somes 4-3-2-2s. If I open power or whatever I'll just keep it.

If anyone opens power, give me a shout. I'll trade real cards for them.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Sometimes I wish I owned a Vintage deck for this sort of thing.

I'd like to crack these packs open for a wonderful time.

Guess I gotta wait till tomorrow.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

What a Judas posted:

If anyone opens power, give me a shout. I'll trade real cards for them.

Of what equivalent value?

(not opened any, but I'd like to know what kind of paper value.)

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I didn't see it mentioned here - DotP 2015 promos were announced on the mothership. Soul of Ravnica for the Microsoft platforms, Soul of Zendikar for everything else.

Neither of these are obviously Scooze level, but I'm going to buy that app anyway, so whatever.

Edit: in the Kruphix story, the god says that the Phyrexian contagion has already "made its way from one world to others." I wonder if New Phyrexia has recreated planar portal technology and is already spreading, or if he's just thinking of Dominaria, Rath, and Mirrodin/New Phyrexia.

Boxman fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jun 12, 2014

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

You know they don't cost 25 tix each, right? It's 7 each, 25 to participate in a draft.

Bugsy posted:

They were around 10 tix earlier today.
Yeah I mistakenly wrote that out as the price overall, sorry about that.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
So if 1 in 53 packs holds a power nine card, and 1 in 9 of those power nine is a Lotus, and a pack costs 7 tickets, will the first Lotus opened be worth something like 3,339 (9*(53*7)) tickets?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

End of Life Guy posted:

So if 1 in 53 packs holds a power nine card, and 1 in 9 of those power nine is a Lotus, and a pack costs 7 tickets, will the first Lotus opened be worth something like 3,339 (9*(53*7)) tickets?

Yes, and 1 in 8 JOU packs holds a mythic rare, and 1 in 10 of those mythics is an Ajani, and a pack costs 4 tickets, the first Ajani opened was worth 320 tickets.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Toshimo posted:

Yes, and 1 in 8 JOU packs holds a mythic rare, and 1 in 10 of those mythics is an Ajani, and a pack costs 4 tickets, the first Ajani opened was worth 320 tickets.

I see. It must have been the subsequent Ajanis that flooded the market and lowered the value.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

End of Life Guy posted:

I see. It must have been the subsequent Ajanis that flooded the market and lowered the value.

There is never a bonus for 1st. Well there sort of is? I mean yes prices are higher on set release and generally come down. P9 is likely rare enough that yes someone will ask a crazy price, some crazy person may pay it, it will probably quickly settle to some value in the hundreds and slowly and steadily rise over time.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Is this an MMO now?

Guys, I got world first VM Lotus.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Zoness posted:

Is this an MMO now?

I guess it's not really that rare on the larger scale. It's only one in 477 packs which isn't a lot when drafts fire as often as they do. So maybe 1 Lotus per day for a bit until the hype tapers off.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Plus most people only need one copy of each power card, compared to the 4-of needed for duals and other staples.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I can't log in right now to check, I'm in the process of putting together my new PC with my old one gutted....Vintage Masters events don't begin until tomorrow, correct? I assume the packs are just available in the store already?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Zoness posted:

Is this an MMO now?

The Power 9 should be bind on pickup. :colbert:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I can't log in right now to check, I'm in the process of putting together my new PC with my old one gutted....Vintage Masters events don't begin until tomorrow, correct? I assume the packs are just available in the store already?

No, you can just win them in legacy and vintage events already.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Silly Streamer NumotTheNummy is playing a Post deck for Vintage Masters packs.

He just got blown out by every goon's favorite Legacy deck. That's right: Breakfast Burrito.

It was loving hilarious.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Count Bleck posted:

Silly Streamer NumotTheNummy is playing a Post deck for Vintage Masters packs.

He just got blown out by every goon's favorite Legacy deck. That's right: Breakfast Burrito.

It was loving hilarious.
Good - did the (presumed) goon win the tourney, or is it still going on?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

neetengie posted:

Good - did the (presumed) goon win the tourney, or is it still going on?

He's just playing 2 man Legacy right now with a Post deck he borrowed from a friend, Vintage Masters packs are the rewards for winning.

It's Value City at the moment.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Count Bleck posted:

He's just playing 2 man Legacy right now with a Post deck he borrowed from a friend, Vintage Masters packs are the rewards for winning.

It's Value City at the moment.
I can tell, I don't have a Legacy deck at the moment though, hopefully I can acquire one after some VM drafts.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I've also learned Breakfast Burrito goes by another name: "Oops, All Spells!"
:allears:

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Boxman posted:

Edit: in the Kruphix story, the god says that the Phyrexian contagion has already "made its way from one world to others." I wonder if New Phyrexia has recreated planar portal technology and is already spreading, or if he's just thinking of Dominaria, Rath, and Mirrodin/New Phyrexia.

In Karn's grand tour of the multiverse with Jeska he left the phyrexian oil where they went. On Mirrodin the nature of the metal plane and the mycosynth greatly accelerated the process.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I know it gets linked all the time, but I can't find it right now so, can someone link me to a good Breakfast Burrito list? I'd love to cash in on some easy value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

GonSmithe posted:

I know it gets linked all the time, but I can't find it right now so, can someone link me to a good Breakfast Burrito list? I'd love to cash in on some easy value.
First page of this thread, Chamale reposted the primer.
e: Thought this was the Eternal thread because of the VM talk - it should be the first page of the Eternal thread, if not try the second.

• Locked thread