Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Would anyone be able to smuggle my 300-400k SM NG char a Black Witch's Staff so I don't have to wait until the end of the game to get it back? Steam ID's Starblade, I'd be on around 10 pm EST tonight (or just do it on the weekend, whenever).

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Just wondering, if I infuse a weapon with an element, will I still be able to buff it with resins or spells or will I lose my ability to do that after I've enchanted it?

You can still do it for most weapons yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Just wondering, if I infuse a weapon with an element, will I still be able to buff it with resins or spells or will I lose my ability to do that after I've enchanted it?

I believe only buffs of the same element as the infusion will work.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bogart posted:

Man, that's a nice dingy robe. It looked much grosser in 1. Probably from all that firekeeper blood. :unsmigghh:

The dingy robe was great in DS1 for looking like Clint Eastwood. I'm really glad it's in this game too.

Jordbo
Mar 5, 2013

Not only can you still buff it, you will receive even bigger bonus damage since resins and spells add not only a fixed amount of damage, but also a percentage of the existing elemental damage. Pre-patch it was around 50 + 30% for most spells and all resins.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Genocyber posted:

Curved Twinblade is locked behind Rank 1 bloodbro or Ng++ Wellager, and Red Iron Twinblade you can't get until Shrine of anime.

Are any of these good?

Zyla posted:

SO i lost my preparing to do ng+ save last night in a crash.

Is there anyone that could help me with a similarly timed save?

Ignore me if I'm wrong but I don't think you will be able to do this since gamesaves are tied to the Steam account that generated them. :smith:

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 12, 2014

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

If I go to ng+ will I keep all my wins from my blood bro invasions if I haven't ranked up? I feel like I will, I just want to make sure.

Covenant Rank should persist through game, but I'm not 100% on that myself. :raise:

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

It depends on the weapon. Some weapons you can't put buffs or resins on, but I could apply any spell buff to my Fire BKHalberd, just not resins. Same with my Heide knight weapons.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Now I'm stuck wondering what type of character I should make in preparation for the DLC. The most fun I've had was as Lucatiel, but I'm not sure I want to remake her.

EDIT: Never mind, respecced an old endgame character into a dual estoc character. Now to upgrade all my poo poo!

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 12, 2014

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

A couple pages back, some people mentioned having difficulty reaching the Wanderer's Set when they kill the exploding hollows too early in the cage that raises from the well.

I can confirm that you can reach this cage; you have to go through the level until you can jump to the roof opposite to the side of the alley it's on and then make a leap from there into the cage.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3263170274445787073/A3261A9EF41E31AA12C407B466C27557B558D090/

It's a pretty easy jump to make, just make sure you don't die or log out or whatever.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Ermmm I think my game is bugged, I just got to the FoFG and I bought the key off the Old Hag and exhausted all of her dialogue. She still hasn't moved to Majula, meanwhile the Blacksmith isn't taking the key from me and opening the workshop :(

Any suggestions, I'd rather not have to do game editor things to set off certain flags.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ermmm I think my game is bugged, I just got to the FoFG and I bought the key off the Old Hag and exhausted all of her dialogue. She still hasn't moved to Majula, meanwhile the Blacksmith isn't taking the key from me and opening the workshop :(

Any suggestions, I'd rather not have to do game editor things to set off certain flags.

She moves after you beat the Last Giant, and you have to open the door yourself.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

CJacobs posted:

She moves after you beat the Last Giant, and you have to open the door yourself.

She moved for me as soon as I exhausted her dialogue and rested at a bonfire.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

Doesn't it depend on how much you buy from her?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

omeg posted:

Doesn't it depend on how much you buy from her?

Dunno. I think I bought a caestus and the key but that's all. I didn't check to see if she was back in Majula or not but she's definitely not in the Forest anymore.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Man, Sunbroing at the Chariot is a pain even at NG+. I'm getting a ton of summons but they all either rush ahead and get overwhelmed or they simply can't dodge the wheels.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

Dunno. I think I bought a caestus and the key but that's all. I didn't check to see if she was back in Majula or not but she's definitely not in the Forest anymore.

IIRC you need to buy 10k worth of stuff from her to get the Silver Serpent Ring +1, but you just need to kill the Last Giant and exhaust her dialogue for her to move.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Manatee Cannon posted:

2 conditions for Melentia moving:

-Exhaust her dialog
-Beat the Last Giant

The blacksmith will not take the key, you must open the door yourself and then talk to him.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Man, Sunbroing at the Chariot is a pain even at NG+. I'm getting a ton of summons but they all either rush ahead and get overwhelmed or they simply can't dodge the wheels.

If you're playing blind, I think the Chariot may be the most "gently caress you, do it again" boss in the game.

EDIT: Oh wait, NG+. I dunno then.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Chariot always sucks. NG+, NG++, NG, NG+++++, worst boss ever.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

West Ham Sandwich posted:

What is different on NG+ than NG with the Chariot?

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
All the "waah waah spear suck" stuff puzzled me so I gave the Silver Black Spear a whirl. I think there's like one Grave Warden spawn not yet farmed to extinction in Earthen Peak, never had this much trouble getting one.

Yeah, this spear is pretty much the bees knees. It was good but not amazing before dark infusion, now at +10 Dark and buffed, Jesus Christ this thing is the poo poo! Probably one of the best combinations of fun and effective in the entire game, and can be gotten before the game is half over to boot. If I had to give a con, it'd be having to stat for Dark Weapon.

In vaguely related news I ended up deleting my previous hexer because it turns out the word Dork is censored and my fat goon hexer gimmick was just **** Lard :smith:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

This. Forever.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Manatee Cannon posted:

You must've already beaten the giant then.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Ice Fist posted:

What is different on NG+ than NG with the Chariot?

Nothing. It still just sucks.

E: Maybe a bit more skeletons? gently caress if I know. No extra poo poo like Last Sinner or LGK.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Nothing. It still just sucks.

E: Maybe a bit more skeletons? gently caress if I know. No extra poo poo like Last Sinner or LGK.

Ok. I will still always hate the Smelter Demon more than the Chariot.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Magus42 posted:

You must've already beaten the giant then.

Nope, that character has killed zero bosses and in fact hasn't made it past that bonfire.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

Nope, that character has killed zero bosses and in fact hasn't made it past that bonfire.

That's awfully strange, then. I've had at least 8 characters going past that point, and every time I needed to kill the Last Giant and exhaust her dialogue for her to move. The internet agrees on this as well.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

What is a fun, weapon to use as Faith user?
The theme I'm going for is a very spiritual paladin/beefy cleric; say halfway between those two. So I want a weapon that looks good but isn't a big sword or giant axe/hammer. The starter mace for the cleric is excellent but I did maces in my previous run; I'm going with lightning infusion most likely.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

I used to think that, but once you get the dodge timing down it gets ok and makes you feel bad rear end. Still a pain to carry someone through it but solo it's not too bad. Wish there was something better past it though, I was really disappointed the first time when I beat it only to find the Bloodbros guy.

Bear Retrieval Unit fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jun 12, 2014

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Your Computer posted:

That's awfully strange, then. I've had at least 8 characters going past that point, and every time I needed to kill the Last Giant and exhaust her dialogue for her to move. The internet agrees on this as well.

Probably just a bug then, won't matter much if she disappears or something since I have the key and don't kill NPCs.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zedd posted:

The theme I'm going for is a very spiritual paladin/beefy cleric; say halfway between those two. So I want a weapon that looks good but isn't a big sword or giant axe/hammer. The starter mace for the cleric is excellent but I did maces in my previous run; I'm going with lightning infusion most likely.

Halberds! :getin:

Speaking of halberds, I tried using one as much as possible on my last run but frequently had to resort to other close-range weapons... they do amazing damage at the sweet spot, but it's really difficult and sometimes impossible to actually hit stuff with that part :(

e: I used the Dragonrider Halberd for its fantastic moveset and magic damage (spellsword character)

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Zedd posted:

The two Heide lances are pretty fun to use.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Zedd posted:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jt8dzy
SL 145~ish, just beat the game. Looks amazing. :shepface:

Also: http://www.gamesave-manager.com/

:swoon: :glomp:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

VisAbsoluta posted:

Ignore me if I'm wrong but I don't think you will be able to do this since gamesaves are tied to the Steam account that generated them. :smith:

is this true or not? I'd hate to eat a vac ban or something

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Zedd posted:

I haven't used it personally but Lucerne would probably fit. If you're willing to use a hammer the Archdrake Mace looks awesome.

If lightning is important then there's the dragon something crescent axe and the Heide weapons.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jun 12, 2014

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Yeah, the game says the save is corrupted and won't load. Grr.

Oh well, time to start over.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Zyla posted:

Yeah, the game says the save is corrupted and won't load. Grr.

Oh well, time to start over.
Bah, Sorry to hear. :(

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Zedd posted:

Bah, Sorry to hear. :(

thanks for the assist tho, this game file saver thingy seems great

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

buzzsaw.gif posted:

Hello all,

I would just like to say that whoever made the Clean UI mod has improved my quality of gameplay quotient by about 200%, and I give my sincere thanks. One thing that I've always found backwards about Dark Souls is the way messages appear on the screen in such a way that other important things on the screen are covered up, and they can't be dismissed by any action on your part. They are very 1998, as well. This mod goes a long way towards mitigating that horrible aspect of Dark Souls 2's GUI. That's all I really had to say about it; I just want to point it out as a tip for those who may benefit by the knowledge and didn't know about it. The mod requires GeDoSaTo as well, but that is super easy to use and is great: in the alternative you can turn all of GeDoSaTo's features off if you don't like them.

If only someone could mod the annoying messages that come up whenever you get an item put into your inventory from winning a boss fight or a PVP match that don't go away until you pres butan I'd be giddy.

The "THANKS OBAMA" death message mod is also great; it doesn't really add anything of value to the game but I don't think that I will get tired of it.

A link please? This sounds nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

You know that square catwalk before the two turtles (one of them knocks down part of the brigde) in Iron Keep? I like that everytime you end up invading someone and fighting there, you pretty much just have to walk around and people will roll into oblivion every single time. :shepface: