Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

MeccaPrime posted:

Any lightweight mods out there that improve the Vampire Armor rating to be not-lovely?

It's on par with leather, at least it's not hide armor.

e: what I always do with vampire armor is just get my smithing up and improve it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Basically any armor can be good if you level Smithing.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

I guess that's kind of the response I expected. Didn't really want my Vampire Assassin smithing so I'll just use the "pay smiths to upgrade your stuff for you" mod instead.

Thanks!

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

MeccaPrime posted:

I guess that's kind of the response I expected. Didn't really want my Vampire Assassin smithing so I'll just use the "pay smiths to upgrade your stuff for you" mod instead.

Thanks!

If you're willing to poke your head into the Creation Kit it's a really easy mod to make. Just poke open the record and change one number. Rinse/repeat for every veriety you want to gently caress with. Instant armor buff.

How big a buff are you looking for on it?

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

I know it isn't too bad to begin with but I wanted to at least bump it up one tier to Elven level. Its perk is Advanced Armors, but I think making it on the Scaled Armor level is too much.

I've never when looked at the CC, but maybe this is my time to remedy that.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

You don't even have to bother with the creation kit. Just open up a random mod (probably something like CCO-R) in TESVEdit and change the value there. Much less of a hassle.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
You should still open up the CK and poke around if you've never done it before. It's not that bad. Editing stuff like armor values is really easy and probably the best place to start tinkering.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Is there anything that ties unarmed damage to one hand skill? I was going to use relinquishment to up unarmed damage but realized i'd be lacking a major skill to leveling up.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Actually, I had a similar question. Since SPERG has made unarmed combat viable I'm running a khajiit brawler and enjoying it a lot--are there any other unarmed mods I should look at? Most of the ones on the Nexus seem to tie unarmed combat to the one-handed skill, which seems reasonable but does conflict with how SPERG ties it to pickpocket.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Kingtheninja posted:

Is there anything that ties unarmed damage to one hand skill? I was going to use relinquishment to up unarmed damage but realized i'd be lacking a major skill to leveling up.

Sperg ties it to Pickpocket if that's your thing. There's even a few perks for it in that tree.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

MeccaPrime posted:

I know it isn't too bad to begin with but I wanted to at least bump it up one tier to Elven level. Its perk is Advanced Armors, but I think making it on the Scaled Armor level is too much.

I've never when looked at the CC, but maybe this is my time to remedy that.

I duplicated some of the low level light armors and changed them to clothing for a mage I was playing, it's super-easy.

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Are there any good LPs of modded Skyrim on Youtube? Most peoples' voices/voice recordings are too irritating to listen to for long periods.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Not really. Did you watch the Freelance Astronauts twist Oblivion into a knot yet? They're like the one exception.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Flaky posted:

Are there any good LPs of modded Skyrim on Youtube? Most peoples' voices/voice recordings are too irritating to listen to for long periods.

Try Gopher's videos, they're pretty decent.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

I updated ASIS. It now includes NPC Enchant Fix so followers and other npcs can benefit from any skill boosting enchantments, potions, or whathaveyou. Also fixed the cell exclusion adding inactive masters, some random spawn entries being left blank, and stopped BOSS from running every time you run the patcher. Also made it less horrible under the hood and fixed some bugs in the skyproc library.

Let me know if anything is broken.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011
Any good male armor or clothing that isn't mage robes or armor? The whole trend of female only armor mods is part of the ongoing trend of modders being so finnicky. Everytime there is this piece of clothing that would make a good casual outfit the mod say it's female only and refuses to make a male version.

gyrobot fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jun 10, 2014

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
The Immersive Armor mod has some non-armored outfits.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

gyrobot posted:

Any good male armor or clothing that isn't mage robes or armor? The whole trend of female only armor mods is part of the ongoing trend of modders being so finnicky. Everytime there is this piece of clothing that would make a good casual outfit the mod say it's female only and refuses to make a male version.

It's almost like the Nexus is filled with teenage boys (mentally) who only want to sculpt their art on e-breasts.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm starting a new character and was looking for new mods to try out yesterday and seeing "for female characters only" in the description was like a big sign saying DON'T EVEN BOTHER. Between that and most of the new or retextured stuff looking like bad photomanips from DeviantArt I pretty much gave up on finding new armor.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

LoonShia posted:

The Immersive Armor mod has some non-armored outfits.

Still would like a good "duelist" or swashbuckler outfit. Sadly they offer nothing.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

gyrobot posted:

Still would like a good "duelist" or swashbuckler outfit. Sadly they offer nothing.

The Sea Dog armor in Immersive Armors might fit that bill.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I laughed the first time I saw that it makes Jaree-Ra in Solitude wear that getup. I guess he wasn't piratical enough?

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
So I hosed up trying a new loadout and now I'm getting low quality textures on everything again.
I'm running, in the final load order I was using before I gave up trying it myself;
code:
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
SPIKE.esm
Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
Chesko_Frostfall.esp
WetandCold.esp
WetandCold - Ashes.esp
SkyRE_Combat.esp
SkyRe_EncounterZones.esp
SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp
SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp
SkyRe_Main.esp
SkyRe_Races.esp
SkyRe_StandingStones.esp
SkyRe_Survivalism.esp
BetterquestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch
BetterquestObjectives-BSaQBPatch.esp
BetterquestObjectives-Dawnguard.esp
BetterquestObjectives-DBForevertoMisc.esp
BetterquestObjectives-Hearthfire.esp
BetterquestObjectives-SkyRePatch.esp
BetterquestObjectives-TimingIsEverything.esp
BetterquestObjectives.esp
breezehomelightfix.esp
faster vanilla horses.esp
hg.esp
morrowindimports.esp
portal2mod.esp
quest_andtherealmsofdaedra.esp
quest_nomercy.esp
quest_pitfighter_dlc01.esp
quest_seaofghosts.esp
quest_thebiggertheyare.esp
questfixes.esp
wyrmstooth.esp
run for your lives.esp
tos_amber_guard.esp
tos_granitehall.esp
tos_oakwood_hf.esp
Uncle Sheo.esp
when vampires attack.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
Unleveled_Dragonborn_Items.esp
Unleveled_Skyrim_Items.esp
Weapons and Armor Fixes - Hacks.esp
Weapons and Armor fixes.esp
RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp
RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp
RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp
RND_USKP-Patch.esp
CookingExpanded.esp
Cooking Expanded - RND Support.esp
Duel - Combat Realism.esp
Alternative start - live another life.esp
skyui.esp
timingiseverything.esp
PumpingIron.esp
ReProccer.esp
WAFR Pre ReProccer Patch.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
I'm dumb as poo poo so what am I missing or doing wrong?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

The Steak Justice posted:

So I hosed up trying a new loadout and now I'm getting low quality textures on everything again.
Either turn up the Texture Quality graphics setting and/or grab the High Resolution Texture Pack DLC?

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Raygereio posted:

Either turn up the Texture Quality graphics setting and/or grab the High Resolution Texture Pack DLC?

Curiously every time I set the graphics quality up it reverts when I actually boot up the game.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Are you starting the launcher through MO itself?

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

scamtank posted:

Are you starting the launcher through MO itself?

Yes. I've even tried launching through the normal launcher instead of SKSE to see if it would work and so far no nothing has.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Yes. I've even tried launching through the normal launcher instead of SKSE to see if it would work and so far no nothing has.
Just to be sure:
MO uses it's own .ini files. You need to either edit the .ini files located in \ModOrganizer\profiles\<profile name> directly. Or add SkyrimLauncher.exe to MO's list of executables and launch the Launcher through MO, similar to how you run the game through MO.

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

okay so im at wits end, I can't get ReProccer to work at all. every time I try to make a patch it tell me skyre_main.exp isn't in the load order which is it. googling around for help hasn't worked everyone points to the Automatic Variants troubleshooting read me which has proved fruitless so far. I have zero idea whats wrong.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Monowhatever posted:

okay so im at wits end, I can't get ReProccer to work at all. every time I try to make a patch it tell me skyre_main.exp isn't in the load order which is it. googling around for help hasn't worked everyone points to the Automatic Variants troubleshooting read me which has proved fruitless so far. I have zero idea whats wrong.

Is skyre_main active and above reproccer.esp or whatever its called? Do you have mods sorted manually in your mod manager after running BOSS and then locked them in place and is reproccer running boss? If so they are probably getting reordered when the patcher starts so it fails, then your manager returns them to the proper place so it looks fine. Check your reproccer debug overview.txt and it should list your load order at the top.

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

LtSmash posted:

Is skyre_main active and above reproccer.esp or whatever its called? Do you have mods sorted manually in your mod manager after running BOSS and then locked them in place and is reproccer running boss? If so they are probably getting reordered when the patcher starts so it fails, then your manager returns them to the proper place so it looks fine. Check your reproccer debug overview.txt and it should list your load order at the top.

I JUST got it figured it I was to run the patcher from the folder rather than from within mod organizer. I read the read me wrong like an idiot, thank you very help for your help none the less I appreciate it!

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
So I've found a problem again. I worked out my old issue, but now half of the food items don't have the Realistic Needs effects and instead still restore HP and Stamina. Any common errors that might do this? I don't think the mod order is the problem, or at least BOSS didn't tip me off that they were.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

So I've found a problem again. I worked out my old issue, but now half of the food items don't have the Realistic Needs effects and instead still restore HP and Stamina. Any common errors that might do this? I don't think the mod order is the problem, or at least BOSS didn't tip me off that they were.
It most likely is a mod order and/or an improper compatibility patch issue. Grab TES5Edit, have it load your setup and check which mod(s) overrides RN's entries for the affected food items.

Also BOSS is not a magic fix for any loadorder related problems. Don't rely on it blindly. It's certainly a neat tool, but it can't spot all possible problems, nor will it fix the problems it does spot on its own. You still need to use your own brain and check things yourself.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jun 12, 2014

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Download TESVEDIt and run it through mod organizer - that's how I found what mods were overwriting. If you search for the food items that aren't working in the top left, you'll see what mods are overwriting them.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Is there an easy way to get the Creation Kit to see mods when launched from Mod Organizer?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Vasudus posted:

Is there an easy way to get the Creation Kit to see mods when launched from Mod Organizer?

If you're launching it from MO, it should be seeing them already.

Beauyaka
Aug 16, 2005
!i!i!
I just started playing vanilla Skyrim for the first time, and when I say I just started I mean I've put about 30 hours in with about 30% of the map explored. I was having fun delving dungeons and whatnot.

A couple days ago, however, I learned that the loot is level-adjusted, which I had suspected based on the oddly gradual increase in loot quality in my adventures. This has really deflated my desire to play the game, as my initial wanderlust has much less of a point if interesting things are just not going to be popping up except after a level-up. I also learned that smithing and enchanting are far and away better options than dungeon-delving for getting great equipment. I loathe crafting!

I am contemplating restarting the game with one of the static-loot mods, as it would fix my issue, but I wondered: Would things get messed up if I were to install the mod mid-stream?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Does anybody use Lanterns and Candles? Trying to figure out if I'm just dumb or if maybe something is broken. I watched the video and read all the comments, and can't figure out how to go from "take candle" to "activate candle" -- when I try to quickly click on it like everyone says to do, I just pick it up. It doesn't seem to be conflicting with anything (I have no lightning bolts) and it's at the end of my load order so I'm inclined to assume user error, maybe I just don't know how to click properly. :confused:

I haven't tried crafting anything other than candles because I'm in a cave at the moment and just have a cookpot, no forge. I was assuming it was supposed to work with just a bare candle though.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Hey all, so I'm coming back to skyrim and want to try it with Dawnguard and Hearthfire which I've never actually used since picking them up in a sale. The last time I played this game I'd experimented with some Nexus mods on a friend's advice/patient step by step hand-halding, all of which perished in a hard drive crash.

I'm trying to run the first-time/simple list in the OP but I'm having some trouble with skyUI through Mod Organiser, it keeps trying to open a non-existent Nexus Manager when double-clicking to install in the right pane (I did install SKSE but haven't run it). Also I chose to merge the dawnguard update Weapons & armour fixes with the original. Was this correct?

I am bad at this :saddowns:

E: did some googling and downgrading mod organizer has seemed to fix things. Now I'm trying to see if I can notice the difference

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jun 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Is there any way to split an MO install across multiple disks. I seem to have managed to use around 100GB of mod files on my SSD, many of which are just combinations from installers for configurations I'm not currently using (e.g. Texture Pack A for ENB users; Texture Pack A for CoT users; Texture Pack A for ENB users who also use CoT; and so forth).

I'd like to move mods I'm unlikely to use to another disk, without needing to uninstall, re-install, etc. Is there an easy way to do this with symlinks or something?

• Locked thread