Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

goatse guy posted:

I keep thinking that I really want to fall in love and get married and have babies, but I always get cold feet when it comes time to get serious. I'll stick to cats and racecars.

You don't get cold feet when it's the right person, find a dude that's into cats (not hard) and race cars (super easy) and you're halfway there :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Same here. I still play games, but like if I can't sit down for 30 to 40 minutes max and get a COMPLETE experience in, I can't do it. So I've been playing Hearthstone and CS:GO. Play a game, go outside and take pictures.

The great thing with photography is that while it's still just digital bullshit that ultimately doesn't really mean that much, it is still infinitely more impressive to people than "I GOT THIS SWEET LOOT BRO".

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I haven't finished New Order yet, I've only gotten up to finding the hideout so have only had one train sex scene.

drat it's good though. When you get the dual loving automatic shotguns in prison and make Nazi soup?
Go up to the top floor of the hideout, and find the old mattress on which you can select "nightmare" to play a mini-game of the original W3D.

I really liked it, makes you wonder how good Duke Nukem Forever could have been.

I also played Bioshock Infinite, which I hadn't played when it came out last year - excellent game, especially with the two Burial At Sea DLC episodes.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

See, there's the rub. I've stopped giving a poo poo what other people think. I don't think achievements in video shames mean anything of course, but if I spend my 3 day weekend tweaking traffic patterns in Sim City 4 then that's my business. :spergin:

While we're giving suggestions, anyone who wants a good brainless shooter man game that isn't Call of Battlefield 8: Postmodern Warfare should try Serious Sam 3 BFE. It routinely goes on sale for $Sandwich and supports 16 player co-op.

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jun 12, 2014

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

Go up to the top floor of the hideout, and find the old mattress on which you can select "nightmare" to play a mini-game of the original W3D.

I really liked it, makes you wonder how good Duke Nukem Forever could have been.

I also played Bioshock Infinite, which I hadn't played when it came out last year - excellent game, especially with the two Burial At Sea DLC episodes.

Everyone kept going on and on about how poor the new Wolfenstein would be, I feel it at least vindicated itself this time around, and based on the ending, I'm assuming they are planning a follow-on.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

CommieGIR posted:

Everyone kept going on and on about how poor the new Wolfenstein would be, I feel it at least vindicated itself this time around, and based on the ending, I'm assuming they are planning a follow-on.
Ok, I wasn't sure. I thought what they'd done was make you think BJ was going to be killed by the nuke, but then there's a stinger of the sound of a helicoptor toward the end of the credits, so took that as their opening to say he got out ok. I was playing through having chosen Fergus to survive, am now replaying with him being the one who dies to see how it affects things.

I love all the little bits of information in newspaper clippings etc if you poke around.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I very well may be buying a Nissan Juke.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

meatpimp posted:

Don't do it, man! You have so much to live for!

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 226 days!)

'No, Eye-gor. I said to get a NORMAL animal brain, you idiot! "Rhyno" is NOT from a rhinoceros! drat your Daily Drivers!'

"Too late."

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

meatpimp posted:

Nismo?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

meatpimp posted:

Did you drink some of your detailing products by mistake?

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

leica posted:

You don't get cold feet when it's the right person, find a dude that's into cats (not hard) and race cars (super easy) and you're halfway there :)

I think I've met him already but I'm still getting cold feet because I'm waiting for him to break my heart.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

meatpimp posted:

I hear they look nicer from the driver's seat.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

goatse guy posted:

I think I've met him already but I'm still getting cold feet because I'm waiting for him to break my heart.
Eh, just give it a try. Regardless of how it turns out, look at it this way: It's unlikely to result in you owning a Nissan Juke.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Serious Sam 3 is part of this week's humble bundle of anyone is curious.

I drove a juke awhile back. I had fun and didn't think it was too bad of a car. The Nissan tech though told me that they weren't very reliable. Take that with a grain of salt.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

On my 2nd laptop keyboard replacement. First one was in Spanish and half the keys don't work on this one. Using the on-screen keyboard. :smithicide:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

InitialDave posted:

Eh, just give it a try. Regardless of how it turns out, look at it this way: It's unlikely to result in you owning a Nissan Juke.

Hey, I have previously owned a Biturbo, so... it's the logical thing.

Disclosure: Selling wife's RAV4 and she likes Jukes. I like turbo motors, so... welp.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I hope you like twist beam rear suspensions, too.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

mariooncrack posted:

Serious Sam 3 is part of this week's humble bundle of anyone is curious.

I drove a juke awhile back. I had fun and didn't think it was too bad of a car. The Nissan tech though told me that they weren't very reliable. Take that with a grain of salt.

Hah, that's how I bought it too, for $6 it can't be beat. Most fun I've had in an FPS since Battlefield 1942. I would also pay $6 for a Juke, maaaaaybe $7 if they gave me a cup of coffee with it.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Super Aggro Crag posted:

On my 2nd laptop keyboard replacement. First one was in Spanish and half the keys don't work on this one. Using the on-screen keyboard. :smithicide:

The solution to this problem is: more, or less beer. Or, just use the international keyboard layout.

The wonderful ancient SAAB EPC (parts catalog) adds a homebrew VisualBasic startup program that tries to decide if you need an on screen keyboard, or not. Then blindly executes it, whether it exists, or not. :effort:

ProTip: Dell Business (Latitude) laptops come with goop shields built in.. and a 3 year no-fault spills-included warranty. Or, at least they did in 2011. From Dell Outlet.

v- :comeback:

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jun 12, 2014

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
Welcome back!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

leica posted:

Maybe on AI, sure. In the real world tho?

quote:

The great thing with photography is that while it's still just digital bullshit that ultimately doesn't really mean that much, it is still infinitely more impressive to people than "I GOT THIS SWEET LOOT BRO".

And with L-Glass you have a handy combat weapon to beat the poo poo out of idiots with.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Cat Terrist posted:

Maybe on AI, sure. In the real world tho?

And with L-Glass you have a handy combat weapon to beat the poo poo out of idiots with.

My L glass is black, so I don't even have to worry about blood stains on the barrel.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

mariooncrack posted:

Sister in law's Juke is on its umpteenth trip to the dealer for random things. All under warranty, but I think she's about ready to get rid of it. Nice looking ride, drives well, but its terrible in terms of reliability.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

Yeah you and most of the people on these forums. I've found Diablo 3 works great for this type of thing.

vvv E: I was of the same mind too, vanilla D3 was a poo poo sundae but the expansion, removal of the AH and new legendary-happy loot system makes it enjoyable again.

Marvel Heroes and UMvC3 are what I spend all my time on, and catching up on TV that I purposely let pileup when I'm not playing either of those.

rscott posted:

I find massive amounts of :weed: is the only thing that works for me

I only hit that every once in a while. I prefer to drink but I've tried to cut down on that so my tolerance will go down a bi

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jun 13, 2014

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I know they're both butts and I dont care that its so passive aggressive I love suv guy.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Anyone have good sources for rashless/refurbished OEM wheels?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rockauto.com

blk
Dec 19, 2009

leica posted:

Rockauto.com

Oh hey they sell Keystone stuff; neat. Any feelings on reconditioned vs replica?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Just in case some of you missed it..

$30 working ABS module for testing/core? Yes, please.

<:smuggo:>

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

meatpimp posted:

All I can say about them is that with a stick shift they are quite a lot of fun to drive, and they have poorly built electric steering racks that are very delicate and very expensive.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Viggen posted:

Just in case some of you missed it..

$30 working ABS module for testing/core? Yes, please.

<:smuggo:>

Looks like I'm buying some stuff!

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Ugh... I wish I had time for games. I've bought 2 humble bundles, been gifted numerous games, and have maybe opened 5% of them.

Working 6 days a week has been killing me... It doesn't help that I was told yesterday I probably won't be getting my week off in July due to the only other guy that makes these parts requested it off too and has 8 years seniority on me.

I was supposed to be going on a road trip to nor cal with some friends :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it. By trying to be a good friend to one person I have effectively been shunned by the group of friends I care the most about.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Rhyno posted:

God drat it. By trying to be a good friend to one person I have effectively been shunned by the group of friends I care the most about.

I would question whether that group were particularly worth calling friends I the first place then.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HotCanadianChick posted:

I would question whether that group were particularly worth calling friends I the first place then.

Shunned is too strong, it's just they assume he'll be tagging along so I'm not the first person to be invited places. Thing is I knew this was starting and I distanced myself from him weeks ago but there was a massive drama bomb and I'm sort of being blamed for it since I brought him around to begin with.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Rhyno posted:

Shunned is too strong, it's just they assume he'll be tagging along so I'm not the first person to be invited places. Thing is I knew this was starting and I distanced myself from him weeks ago but there was a massive drama bomb and I'm sort of being blamed for it since I brought him around to begin with.

Man I have like 3 groups of friends that all either have problems/history with one another or just are completely different people. Gets super awkward all the time and Im always the bad guy trying to just have ONE loving cookout without everyone being upset that they werent invited

\/ Life goes on man, everything happens for a reason and hopefully for the best. Me personally, I just roll with it.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jun 13, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Preoptopus posted:

Man I have like 3 groups of friends that all either have problems/history with one another or just are completely different people. Gets super awkward all the time and Im always the bad guy trying to just have ONE loving cookout without everyone being upset that they werent invited

Quite similar, I tried to integrate all my friends together and it worked for the most part. There's actually been some new friendships and a few couples that have formed out of it. I had these two friends who just had long term relationships end very badly. So I introduced them to my larger group because they had nobody else as their respective exe's ruined their old friendships.
Now, one of my good friends was seeing this girl he worked with, nothing serious and it ended quickly but she kept hanging around. The older of the two friends I brought in (early 40's) became fixated on her (she was only 22 or 23) but he never openly said anything. They were friends first, I guess he actually expected something to happen and when it didn't he went nuts. I was unaware any of it was happening, just that there was drama.
So it escalates, there's vandalism and protective orders and people have to take sides and it just getting really ugly. And it's all my fault for bringing this one dude in. He's been my friend since 1998 and now I have to make the decisions to kick him out of my life.

God drat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Friar Zucchini posted:

That Suburban of mine is out sick. I think the oil pump was dying - got an idiot light and the oil pressure was bouncing between not much, zero and normal. I figured that this meant I had a leak and the pickup was having trouble getting enough oil... nope. Dumped five quarts into it and then I checked the dipstick, which told Dipshit Zucchini that I had exactly twice as much oil as I was supposed to have. Drove it around a little more and still kept getting that poo poo with the oil gauge. Figured I'd deal with it for the weekend and bring it into the shop on Monda*clicketyclicketyclickety*

fffffffff:tizzy:ccckkkk.

So I clattered it half a mile to a friend's house. Called the shop while they were open today, gonna get it towed in after-hours in a little while so they can see if I need a rebuild a new car. (snip)
This happened Saturday night. Started it Sunday morning and it was still ticking. Started it again Monday evening to show it to the tow truck driver and it sounded like... uh, a tired old small block. Totally goddamn normal. So he just drove it up onto the ramp and I parked it at the shop as if nothing had happened. Three days in the shop and they tested every goddamn thing and said they scoped it (guessing that means sticking a camera in it or something) and drove it 44 miles and came up with exactly nothing wrong with it apart from too much oil.

What in the goddamn :psyduck: uunnnggggghhhh

• Locked thread