Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

The Crusher posted:

So we have Link, Midna, Impa and Zelda that I am aware of. That's 1 guy and 3 girls (technically). Do we not know any others?

Finally, Navi is playable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

They're talking about the (undisclosed) function of Rupees.

Playable Tingle, Rupee ammo. :getin:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Rather Watch Them posted:

They're talking about the (undisclosed) function of Rupees.

Playable Tingle, Rupee ammo. :getin:

It will probably be upgrades and poo poo. I mean you can get loving crafting materials from bosses.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Lemming posted:

Groose or boycott

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Man I wish they would just show us more characters. I'm anticipating Hyrule Warrior characters more than Smash Bros ones

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Alright, time for more STEAM.

Bobnumerotres posted:

It will probably be upgrades and poo poo. I mean you can get loving crafting materials from bosses.

Don't ruin my fun.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Bobnumerotres posted:

Don't these games let you play as the bad guys as well? It'd be awesome if you could wreck poo poo as ganondorf.

Yesssssss

Ganondorf will be Lu Bu.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Bobnumerotres posted:

I'd still be pretty excited if it let you upgrade your weapons on Link in the Majora's Mask upgrade path. Basically I just want that Razor Blade sword again.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
STEAM!

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

"So what does the unspeakable lure do?"

"I can't speak on that."

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Unspeakable Lure, oh my god.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

Don't these games let you play as the bad guys as well? It'd be awesome if you could wreck poo poo as ganondorf.

Dynasty warriors lets you play as basically everyone. they don't give a gently caress about logic either. people running around with boats and futuristic weapons in old rear end china

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Still slightly disappointed that the Bear Grenade doesn't cause a grizzly bear to spawn onto the field.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I swear, STEAM sounds more like a Platinum game than something Nintendo would make. And I mean that in the best way possible.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Crusher posted:

So we have Link, Midna, Impa and Zelda that I am aware of. That's 1 guy and 3 girls (technically). Do we not know any others?
The blue-haired woman on the boxart too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyrule_Warriors#mediaviewer/File:Hyrule_Warriors_NA_game_cover.png

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

He's tapped into the power of the old gods!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I just realized that guy's Randolph Carter. :downs:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Thread needs to be renamed "CLAKKA CLAKKA! All aboard the Inktrain"
I'm not proud. Any new nuggets on the xeno hands on today?

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

Junkie Disease posted:

Thread needs to be renamed "CLAKKA CLAKKA! All aboard the Inktrain"
I'm not proud. Any new nuggets on the xeno hands on today?

The Inktrain runs on S.T.E.A.M. :shepface:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Commissar Ken posted:

"So what does the unspeakable lure do?"

"I can't speak on that."

Kurtofan posted:

Unspeakable Lure, oh my god.

I don't get it?

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

The Crusher posted:

The Great Fairy briefly appears in the trailer as well. One of the villains is Valga, aka:

This dude.

And then we have Wizro, who is... something:

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
Wizro looks cool as hell, I wanna be Wizro.

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

Astro Nut posted:

This dude reminds me so much of Orko

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Davincie posted:

Dynasty warriors lets you play as basically everyone. they don't give a gently caress about logic either. people running around with boats and futuristic weapons in old rear end china

Also wizards and magic, even though the series is 'historical'

Yeah Dynasty Warriors doesn't give a gently caress.

Wizro is a pimp Wizrobe. Reminds me of black mage / vivi but I could also see He-man's Orko.

Valga is human Volvagia.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I'm sure Hyrule Warriors will have like 40 or 50 characters like every other Musou game.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Medli would be cool but she'd look weird in this art style.

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

Tingle better be playable

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Looks like Link's final smash is the same as it was in Brawl. Which is amazing because it's a cool rear end combo.

I hope Toon Link's FS isn't still a clone of it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

Looks like Link's final smash is the same as it was in Brawl. Which is amazing because it's a cool rear end combo.

I hope Toon Link's FS isn't still a clone of it.

Yeah but its so easy to miss, its really weak compared with final smashes like Samus'

Final Smashes continue to be wildly unbalanced, but oh well. Anybody who cares will turn them off.

You better be hoping there still is a toon link.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

Zaphod42 posted:

Well, Toon Link has been confrimed for Smash 4 for a long time now.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Wasn't he confirmed ages ago?

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah but its so easy to miss, its really weak compared with final smashes like Samus'

Final Smashes continue to be wildly unbalanced, but oh well. Anybody who cares will turn them off.

Because his position is in jeopardy?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

:doh:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah since they can merge whatever the gently caress worlds they like:

Sahasrala
Old Woman
Medli
Tingle
Makar
Shiek
Rauru
Darunia
Ruto
Nabooru
Skull Kid
Rauru
Link
Zelda
Midna
Impa
Darmani
Deku Butler's Son
Mikau
Koume&Kotake
Nayru(the oracle not the goddess)
Din(ditto)
Farore
Ralph
Groose
Linebeck
Ganon
Zubora&Gabora
Garo Master

That's only 30 I can think of, this game will have 50, and probably a lot of the ones I listed aren't actually on the list. That's insane and it's gonna be awesome.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Haha, Kirby in a Mac wig.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

robot roll call posted:

I'm sure Hyrule Warriors will have like 40 or 50 characters like every other Musou game.

Dynasty, Samurai, and Orochi are the only Warriors games that have absurd character counts. The licensed games get something like 10 to 12.

LaserBaconMan
Jan 13, 2014
I just love how much fun everyone on the stream is having. You rarely see that at E3, or any company sponsored event really. :3:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Astro Nut posted:

Wizzrobe has been a Zelda enemy or boss for years. Apparently his eyeball is also his mouth when he grins.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

This here's some real good Smash gameplay.

e: And it's over. That was awesome. Saw a lot of good moves. Looks faster than Brawl IMO but there might be some subtleties I'm not noticing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If half the roster is female that means Veran is a shoe-in. And probably Onox too.

Watch the blue haired girl be Navi or something in human form.

• Locked thread