Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Dosvidanya posted:

I leveled my esper intending to heal with it. Esper dps is not front loaded like stalkers or medics so it feels slow. It can be even slower speccing for utility like I did (heal/geist/cc break/shield/two forms of cc for elite mobs). Get esper out of the way if you want one. It'll be hard to stick with it otherwise.

I don't know, I can kill mobs in like 7 seconds if I don't screw up and get a decent MoO so it doesn't feel very slow at all to me. I take an almost full DPS build though, TKS/MB/CB/Bolster/Haunt/SpecSwarm then two utility slots which are probably double CC or CC+Projected Spirit depending on how I feel. How fast are other classes killing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windchilla
May 30, 2009
Is anyone doing organized/practice BGs over on Warbringer Dominion at 50 yet? I'm looking to get a group of people together since I find Exiles seem to just never solo queue and actually winning BGs solo-queuing is not so much happening.

J
Jun 10, 2001

loquacius posted:

Is everyone who's having trouble with the Engineer bot AI setting their bot to Assist? Notably the guy in that video was not. Ever since I started doing that I've had a lot fewer problems with my bots starting fights I don't want them to; it seems to limit them to helping me with my current target.

The bot settings and commands in general feel unresponsive as hell to me. I've played around with all of the settings and can't really tell an appreciable difference in their behavior on any of them. Whenever I use the stop command....sometimes it works and they come back, a lot of the time it doesn't. Bruiser bot's taunt activated ability works for me maybe 30% of the time, and the rest of the time it goes on cooldown with nothing happening. I'll give some more time to leaving them on assist mode and see if it helps.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Two questions, this time!

1) Anyone know what a mob's Base Deflect chance is? I don't know just how valuable Strikethrough is.

2) is there a Rep Vendor that sells blue chests / shoulders? They're my only green pieces of gear left =[

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The difficulty difference between Skullcano and the Crimelords adventure is ridiculous. The easiest fight in Skullcano is harder than anything I've done in Crimelords (although it does have some branching I haven't seen). Like 70% of the fights straight up don't require a healer. There's this one channel the final boss does where he just sits there jerking off for 5 minutes while a big announcement saying "CAPN DRIBBLESHITS IS LIGHTING HIS SWORD ON FIRE, INTERRUPT HIM FOR GOD'S SAKE" comes up. I have never seen anyone else attempt to interrupt this. Good thing it only bumps his damage from pitiful to still pitiful. I've gotten gold every time I've tried it.

PaganGoatPants posted:

Blame the healer. I do.

When I fail to keep a tank up in this game it's hard to tell if it's because I'm undergeared, they're undergeared, they're not using the right skills, they suck at dodging, or my team sucks at interrupting. Ok, sometimes it's really obvious when the problem is interrupting.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

The Moon Monster posted:

When I fail to keep a tank up in this game it's hard to tell if it's because I'm undergeared, they're undergeared, they're not using the right skills, they suck at dodging, or my team sucks at interrupting. Ok, sometimes it's really obvious when the problem is interrupting.

Or they're an Engineer, for whom heals are "those green telegraphs that apparently don't affect me".

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Is there a way to disable the taunting voice at the graveyard? I'm already having less fun when I die, I don't need to be made fun of by some disembodied voice.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Nechronic posted:

Is there a way to disable the taunting voice at the graveyard? I'm already having less fun when I die, I don't need to be made fun of by some disembodied voice.

Yeah, actually. The best way to disable it is to not die.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Doublestep posted:

Yeah, actually. The best way to disable it is to not die.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Nechronic posted:

Oh this is just precious. You got this from the official forums, right?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

panda clue posted:

Nah I just get salty when I gently caress up and this rear end in a top hat starts rubbing it in :mad:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

J posted:

The bot settings and commands in general feel unresponsive as hell to me. I've played around with all of the settings and can't really tell an appreciable difference in their behavior on any of them. Whenever I use the stop command....sometimes it works and they come back, a lot of the time it doesn't. Bruiser bot's taunt activated ability works for me maybe 30% of the time, and the rest of the time it goes on cooldown with nothing happening. I'll give some more time to leaving them on assist mode and see if it helps.

Pretty sure they don't work at all. I bind "pet attack" to a key and have to hit it 10 times for it to work.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Nechronic posted:

WildStar may not be the game for you.

e: You've been on SA for eleven years. If in that time you haven't gotten used to people making fun of you when you gently caress up, I don't know what to tell you.

SneezeOfTheDecade fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jun 13, 2014

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
The death guy is funny. I don't think I've ever heard him repeat a line, which is impressive.

Who are the people narrating the data cubes? As far as I can tell there are two, a guy and a girl. I assumed the guy was the AI at first but I think I'm wrong.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stalker tanks are fun as all hell and the amount of defense/deflecting bonuses that you get through amps and T4 abilities seem a little bit too good.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Darth Windu posted:

The death guy is funny. I don't think I've ever heard him repeat a line, which is impressive.

Who are the people narrating the data cubes? As far as I can tell there are two, a guy and a girl. I assumed the guy was the AI at first but I think I'm wrong.
They're apparently Eldan and there's a bunch of different males and females depending on where the datacube is. They're all working on different parts of the 'Nexus Project' and are acting like high school clubs who don't get along and who think their idea is the best one and the others are idiots.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Darth Windu posted:

It's the cadre of Eldan scientists who are trying to find the best way to Surpass All Mortal Limits. There are two factions, each of which has like - six? eldan or so. One faction wants to ascend through biological/spiritual manipulation, the other through mechanical augmentation.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

know your neighbors :stonklol:

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Mercurius posted:

They're apparently Eldan and there's a bunch of different males and females depending on where the datacube is. They're all working on different parts of the 'Nexus Project' and are acting like high school clubs who don't get along and who think their idea is the best one and the others are idiots.

I love this poo poo, the Skeech are amazing little shitheads, and the datachrons that talk about them are great. There is one Eldan who is like "My creation, the Skeech, are SUPER COOL and the other Eldan have dumb creations, #TEAMSKEECH" and another Eldan is basically "That other eldan guy is a loser, I am going to make all the Skeech women horrible hags for a laugh."

Then the first guy basically has a datachron saying "I AM SO MAD AT THE GUY WHO UGLIED UP MY SKEECH WOMEN. NOT COOL."

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

J posted:

Mostly my bot specials don't work when the bots also cannot path to follow me, even if the place they are stuck is only a few feet away. This is why you really need Dismiss bound on a key somewhere, because when you walk a way they can't deal with you're better off eating the 15 second cooldown than pissing around for a couple minutes trying to badger them along. It's also a good argument for always letting them do your pulling solo even if you plan to tank the baddies, because then you will find out if you hit a pathing problem before you get aggro. If they waddle halfway to the thing and then freak out, then you can adjust, where if you ask them for help and you're already getting beat on you're gonna have a bad time.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Besesoth posted:

WildStar may not be the game for you.

e: You've been on SA for eleven years. If in that time you haven't gotten used to people making fun of you when you gently caress up, I don't know what to tell you.

It's not even a person! Who is this guy? Did some Eldan leave these all over Nexus just to make fun of people for dying after he himself died?

I guess I'd find it funnier if there was a :smug: face there instead of a holographic headstone.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jun 13, 2014

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just removed the hard drive where WildStar was installed from my computer, and now I'm trying to install it on a different hard drive. I deleted all folders on my computer named "WildStar" and "NCSOFT" and when I try to patch/install the game, it tries to install it on F: (the old drive that doesn't exist anymore) and it reports an error. How do I change the path that the game is trying to install to?

Edit: OK, the fix was to remove it from the "Add/Remove Program" list even though it was already gone.

LuckyCat fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 13, 2014

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

panda clue posted:

As tiring and unfunny as the graveyard announcer gets after the dozenth drawn-out rib or pun (I'd pay to get a checkbox for him and the loving cabbie instead of having to fiddle with the voice slider), you are somehow even more obnoxious. What was so unreasonable about what he was asking? Or do you think you'll fit in better with DA GOONZ by calling people out?

Mormon Star Wars posted:

It's the cadre of Eldan scientists who are trying to find the best way to Surpass All Mortal Limits. There are two factions, each of which has like - six? eldan or so. One faction wants to ascend through biological/spiritual manipulation, the other through mechanical augmentation.

There were actually three Eldan factions, which may have even functionally been castes: the Order of the Makers, the Order of the Progenitors, and the Order of the Watchers, all overseen (or ruled) by the Archon. There may have been only a few who have recorded datacubes, their luminaries and such, but the entirety of the Eldan race seemed to live on Nexus and participated in the completion of the Nexus Project in one way or another (which makes it easier to believe that they were all somehow wiped out at once, though the game itself raises the question of why most of vast planet was left untouched if the Strain killed them all]).

a cock shaped fruit posted:

I love this poo poo, the Skeech are amazing little shitheads, and the datachrons that talk about them are great. There is one Eldan who is like "My creation, the Skeech, are SUPER COOL and the other Eldan have dumb creations, #TEAMSKEECH" and another Eldan is basically "That other eldan guy is a loser, I am going to make all the Skeech women horrible hags for a laugh."

Then the first guy basically has a datachron saying "I AM SO MAD AT THE GUY WHO UGLIED UP MY SKEECH WOMEN. NOT COOL."

It was Ohmna, an Eldan chick, who made the Skeech, who might have had a bit of a feminist (in the loose sense) bent. She's actually pretty cool, partially because she isn't a mad scientist dickhead like Nazrek, who just to gently caress with her makes all the Skeech women wretched and ugly.

Four Score fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 13, 2014

Wet Fifty
Dec 6, 2005

Greetings from the inner-
city, high-humidity, ass
and titty bar.

Droid Washington posted:

I just removed the hard drive where WildStar was installed from my computer, and now I'm trying to install it on a different hard drive. I deleted all folders on my computer named "WildStar" and "NCSOFT" and when I try to patch/install the game, it tries to install it on F: (the old drive that doesn't exist anymore) and it reports an error. How do I change the path that the game is trying to install to?

Sounds like it wrote to the registry. You probably need to run wildstar.exe /uninstall. You can grab the executable from the wildstar site. Run this and then try to reinstall. During the installation it should give you and option to change the directory it is installed to.

Or run Regedit from the start window. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > NCSOFT > WILDSTAR and then delete last run and install dir.

Wet Fifty fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jun 13, 2014

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Haha! I need to find these.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Koth posted:

From memory I think they're in Whitevale, around the Skeech burrow north of the Lopp town (where the groomsman quest takes you).

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
This is a bit of a narrow question but maybe someone can answer it. I currently have an engineer almost at the cap but I'm thinking about a stalker for tanking. I play a brewmaster tank in WoW and was wondering if the stalker was in anyway similar to that play style.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
How are medics for DPS/leveling? I like the idea of gigantic area healing, but I've heard tales of woe about their offensive capability.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Koth posted:

The Skeech ones are all in Whitevale. Actually going through and re-reading them all at once (I'm a scientist so of course I had to find them all) is showing a pretty clear pattern for the Eldan and how they worked: There's the Archon, Jariel, and a number of various Orders in charge of different projects. Weavers (elemental stuff), Shapers (technology), Makers (augmentation), Progenitors (genetic engineering), Evokers (mental), and the Watchers, who are supposed to keep the others from going out of control. You can see who is speaking in each datacube on the Lore menu, and what order they belonged to.

They chose Yuria, an Evoker, to undergo the Hydris Protocols - some kind of experiment with the Focus of Water. She was mentally unstable, which is why they chose her - the element of water is known for its instability. Something went horribly, horribly wrong, the Focus of Water was nearly destroyed, and the "subject" escaped into the deep ocean.

I have a feeling this is going to be a running theme with Eldan experiments.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut
There's the skeech in the Farside biodome who has a hat on that makes him smart and his quests have the player trying to "improve" the skeech race via reeducation and other hamfisted crap. Then his hat starts to fail and he becomes dumb again and the other exile NPCs say "welp, guess it was just the helmet that made him smart, skeech will always be drooling savage retards after all--go kill this idiot and bury him somewhere remote" The end.

Wet Fifty
Dec 6, 2005

Greetings from the inner-
city, high-humidity, ass
and titty bar.
Can someone give me a good medic dps set up for a level 20? I'm struggling to continue playing the medic as it is.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

How are medics for DPS/leveling? I like the idea of gigantic area healing, but I've heard tales of woe about their offensive capability.

So far it's been kind of a roller coaster as to how powerful you feel as you level. There is a big spike up at 14 or 15, then it slowly lulls until 25, where it spikes back up again. I cant speak too much on how it goes after that as I am only 30 or so.

That said, I love their resource management with the actuators, and you get into a nice rhythm of spending and building. Also, as has been mentioned in this thread, medic heals are only slightly longer range than melee abilities, so if your group is bad/oblivious, they will sometimes make you chase them around to heal them.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
Yeah it's amazing that both the Exiles and the Dominion have this reverence for the Eldan, picturing them as these graceful, all-powerful technological gods who mysteriously vanished. Whereas the players, having walked around for a couple weeks, have physical and recorded evidence that the Eldan were in fact arrogant, short-sighted, jealous, spiteful and hilariously incompetent technological gods who probably vanished by finally causing the Fuckup To Beat All Fuckups.

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

"You're a bigger liar than I am."

Geomancing posted:

Yeah it's amazing that both the Exiles and the Dominion have this reverence for the Eldan, picturing them as these graceful, all-powerful technological gods who mysteriously vanished. Whereas the players, having walked around for a couple weeks, have physical and recorded evidence that the Eldan were in fact arrogant, short-sighted, jealous, spiteful and hilariously incompetent technological gods who probably vanished by finally causing the Fuckup To Beat All Fuckups.

Smashing the fourth wall to bits is the cornerstone of this game's story.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Geomancing posted:

From what I've gathered the Eldan are all dicks. Like kids with an ant farm.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

PaganGoatPants posted:

From what I've gathered the Eldan are all dicks. Like kids with an ant farm.

So you are saying the Eldan are the Ancients from Stargate SG-1? :monocle:

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

WarLocke posted:

So you are saying the Eldan are the Ancients from Stargate SG-1? :monocle:

Except somehow more incompetent and hypocritical!

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

What's a good AMP set for a warrior tank? I've been looking at this one but it looks a little bit heavy on first and second tier amps and personally I like the look of some of the hybrid S/U amps.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Asema posted:

Stalker tanks are fun as all hell and the amount of defense/deflecting bonuses that you get through amps and T4 abilities seem a little bit too good.

Not even deflect, self-healing on Stalker tanks is phenomenal. I've solo'd the last 90k hp on Skullcano's final boss when the rest of the party died to the terraformer the other day. Who needs a healer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

Sab669 posted:

Two questions, this time!

1) Anyone know what a mob's Base Deflect chance is? I don't know just how valuable Strikethrough is.

2) is there a Rep Vendor that sells blue chests / shoulders? They're my only green pieces of gear left =[

I don't know exact values, but have heard the strikethrough cap is 14%, while around ~9% is decent enough.

Assuming you're max level, grimvault is the only rep that sells lv. 50 gear. The other max level rep vendors are for Crimson Badlands, but they we're removed due to some exploit and have not been added back in yet.

• Locked thread