Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black August
Sep 28, 2003

weaaddar posted:

I really hope they don't fix some of the exploitable bugs in this game.

1. Killing a boss again using a 1-up/dead cat/ankh, or by spawning a fly with a slot machine. Dead cat is COMPLETELY terrible without this bug so no one would use it.
2. II the high priestessing your way into the devil room.
3. 3-dollar bill->Polyphemus glitch.
4. Being able to d20 kill bum friend.

There are so many good glitches in this game. I love it :)

Explain these because I had no idea any of them existed except for the first one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

weaaddar posted:

1. Killing a boss again using a 1-up/dead cat/ankh, or by spawning a fly with a slot machine. Dead cat is COMPLETELY terrible without this bug so no one would use it.

I don't take the cat to do the glitch, I take the cat to become a cat. I will always take the cat.

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
HAY GUYS WHAT IS TEH INTERWEBNET, AND ISN'T A0L the SECKZ!? :LOL: 1337
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER
1. Kill yourself while using a deadcat in the boss room and you respawn in the next room, and so does the boss.
But you can also do it with a slot machine without killing yourself. Spawn a black fly, leave and reenter.
too many times I've hosed myself by picking up the cat without having the right tools to kill myself. I only pick it up if I have 8 bombs or if its near the end of the game and I have tons of soul hearts.

2. You can use the high preistess card at the top of a boss arena after killing the boss, push up while doing it and you'll be taken into the devil room. You can even do this on Isaac or blue baby.

3. If you get 3-dollar bill, wait until you temporarily have the triple shot effect before picking up Polyphemus. Now, you no longer have the lower fire rate you normally get with Polyphemus. Also, the 3 dollar bill has a chance to give you lucky foot, which is ridiculously great if you find an arcade on the floor.

4. If you picked up the bum friend and regret your decision you can kill him if you get the d20, wait until the bastard starts running toward a coin and then reroll the d20. *Poof* no more bum friend.

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.

weaaddar posted:

My favorite glitch is stealing devil deal items that cost 3 soul hearts as blue baby if you have an invincibility. Admittedly I'll miss some of the charming bugs that will probably be fixed for Rebirth.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!
This week's post is a new boss, Dingle:

Also a bunch of new physical goods are in his store, including the 2nd edition tarot cards which will be available until the end of this year. Additionally, there's a build of the game playable at E3, so expect to see videos of it starting tomorrow.

And finally:

:getin:

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

:stare: I love everything about this.

That poo boss lunging and bouncing around looks super difficult to avoid though. Then again, everything in this game will be harder to avoid since it won't have flash lag dropping the framerate such that it's easy to dodge... (I played a lot on my old laptop.)

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Hail Satan.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
gently caress it I got the tarot cards.

I'm still pissed I didn't have the spare cash to get the 1st edition.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Gonna be glad when Rebirth gets this game off of Flash. Just had a run with the knife, transcendence and x-ray specs end on a Flash crash. Seems to happen about one in 10 games.

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

PostNouveau posted:

Gonna be glad when Rebirth gets this game off of Flash. Just had a run with the knife, transcendence and x-ray specs end on a Flash crash. Seems to happen about one in 10 games.

How long did you give the game before closing out? In 300+ hours I have literally never had the game not recover itself when crashing. When it seems to lock between levels I push space ~3 times and wait for a moment and it always comes back and loads the level.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah I've had it take like 5 minutes before, but it has literally never fully crashed on me. It's just flash being dumb.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SnakesRevenge posted:

How long did you give the game before closing out? In 300+ hours I have literally never had the game not recover itself when crashing. When it seems to lock between levels I push space ~3 times and wait for a moment and it always comes back and loads the level.

I'll try running the script for longer next time. It does often lock up, and I do often give it enough time to start responding again. But every so often I get a message that says something along the lines of "This script isn't responding at all, do you want to abort it?" and I've never seen it recover from that even if I don't abort it.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

PostNouveau posted:

I'll try running the script for longer next time. It does often lock up, and I do often give it enough time to start responding again. But every so often I get a message that says something along the lines of "This script isn't responding at all, do you want to abort it?" and I've never seen it recover from that even if I don't abort it.

Yeah it won't recover from that. But that doesn't happen often. Usually from breaking the game with items or cards.

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

There's a new E3 interview up on bindingofisaac.com Evidently multiplayer in Rebirth will involve player 2 being a familiar during player 1's run.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Dingle is literally the poo monster from Starbound :haw:

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Mental Midget posted:

There's a new E3 interview up on bindingofisaac.com Evidently multiplayer in Rebirth will involve player 2 being a familiar during player 1's run.

So I was right?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I've had some sound-related freezes that I managed to circumvent by finding the sound process that caused the hang-up and killing it. But that's only happened twice in over 230 hours of gameplay and could well be something specific to my machine.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The Binding of Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJwQKXgYFdM

Also, here's the 30 minute E3 interview with Edmund MicMillen and Tyrone Rodriguez (Producer). There's nothing worth seeing, so you can safely listen to it in the background without missing any new visuals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JySBSn0fcmA

"Game will be out before the end of the year." :confuoot:

Zesty fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jun 13, 2014

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Met posted:

"Game will be out before the end of the year." :confuoot:

This is great news. Is it strange that BoI:R is my most anticipated game of the year now?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

That could still be another 6 months though :negative:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Attestant posted:

This is great news. Is it strange that BoI:R is my most anticipated game of the year now?
It is for me, even If I barely play it myself just watching people break the game in even more awesome ways gets me excited. :dance:

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

First time this one's happened to me. They're stuck and I can't hit them, so game over.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

pussy riot police posted:

First time this one's happened to me. They're stuck and I can't hit them, so game over.

I was going to say "Did you try using bombs? Even if it didn't kill them it'd let you out of the room," and then I noticed you didn't have any.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
Yeah, I had just used my last one getting into the secret room on the floor too.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

The other day I had a TNT barrel stuck in the top left wall for some reason. At least that didn't stop me from progressing.

In any case, I play this game every few weeks or so and after getting Everything is Terrible, I've not made that much progress anymore, so I decided to tackle the challenge list. The first ones aren't terribly hard and the new unlocks are quite useful. I kept the Candle for an entire run, great item.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

pussy riot police posted:

Had a similar thing where I pushed War off the stage with I think Ipecac and that ended my run right there. It was a great run too.

Carbon dioxide posted:

The other day I had a TNT barrel stuck in the top left wall for some reason. At least that didn't stop me from progressing.

That happens fairly often to me. I think it might be a graphical thing rather than anything else.

Carsius
May 7, 2013

YF-23 posted:

That happens fairly often to me. I think it might be a graphical thing rather than anything else.

As I understand it, it is completely graphical (along with the line of dead pixels over it), and cannot be interacted with in any way.

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

Co-op details here. http://bindingofisaac.com/post/89016610314/be-careful-i-dont-wanna-lose-this-baby

Looks cool.

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

The random baby variations looks like it adds a lot of depth to it. It's also cool that it cost's player 1 a heart container to summon player 2. You could get into some troll situations with your friends :v:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I can't wait to die over and over trying to play both at once just to get the achievements.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I see Larry Jr. is just as ineffectual as ever.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Mental Midget posted:

The random baby variations looks like it adds a lot of depth to it. It's also cool that it cost's player 1 a heart container to summon player 2. You could get into some troll situations with your friends :v:

Yeah, I'm liking this. It's a little less girlfriend mode and a little more loving poo poo suck lifesteal SMW P2 Luigi motherfuck.

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Not sure how I feel about quarter-hearts.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Seems not that different when half-hearts already exist, imo.
Also this looks cool:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
This game is the main reason I'm glad I own a Vita.
The Vita is perfect for twin stick shooter type games and the original BoI is one of the best I've played on PC.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I cannot believe how much of an improvement Spidermod is in terms of stability. I used to get crashes or freezes practically every other game, but with SpiderMod I went from a fresh save to taking every character through the chest and encountered only a single game ending error.

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
HAY GUYS WHAT IS TEH INTERWEBNET, AND ISN'T A0L the SECKZ!? :LOL: 1337
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER
Spidermod is great but I hate how slow it runs compared to steam isaac :(

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

pyrrho posted:

This game is the main reason I'm glad I own a Vita.
The Vita is perfect for twin stick shooter type games and the original BoI is one of the best I've played on PC.

And then you realize there will be no co-op for Vita, because Ed is hellbent on making it local-only.

Xenin
Nov 5, 2004
I assume that comment meant no online servers or infrastructure but surely ad hoc would take minimal effort?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Pretty good first floor as Cain. :shepface:

• Locked thread