Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Ran into one terrible and one neat cosplay in the towers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Inspector_666 posted:

It really should just be his head, rollin' around biting at stuff.

Maybe shooting some kind of magic mouth laser.

This is what I was expecting too. Why must you play games with my heart, DS2?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Let me impale Vengarl's head on satiner's spear after I break the statue off. Then we can go on a magical adventure together! :buddy:

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I lagstabbed a guy in the arena today, and he messaged me, and eventually he wanted to help me lure bluebros for easy blood bro leveling, but I could never invade him specifically.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I got invaded in the gutter tonight and it was pretty funny because we could both see one another but for the life of us couldn't figure out how the gently caress to get to each other for about 10 minutes.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Proceed to shrug and drop Hellos

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The Gutter is pretty awful for invasions. Not only is it difficult to reach your target most of the time, if you take the wrong path it can be straight up impossible. You can get stuck behind an unactivated fog door with no way back around.

When you do actually get a fight there its pretty fun though. I was able to take out two Havel clad players at once with the help of a horde of hollows.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Most invasion targets are giant babies that will hide out the timer for invasions. So yeah, gutter isnt the best place to invade.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Iretep posted:

Most invasion targets are giant babies that will hide out the timer for invasions. So yeah, gutter isnt the best place to invade.

To be fair, most invaders are wusses who refuse to fight without mobs and love to run behind corners in hostile areas to heal. Still wrecked his blue rear end, why are so many cops really bad? I got invaded by nothing but blues today every few steps and most of them were awful.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I recall just hanging out in an alcove on the inside of the curve (important, as he'll be busy too grinding blue sparks mario kart style to be close enough to hit you) fighting Exe Chariot on NG+ and just doing a Large Club 2hand R2 slam as he cruised on by, and not only did I not get shanked by this bling wheels but I actually hit him and dealt decent damage. I got back into position and kept doing that and won pretty easily. Really the problem at that point were the skeletons as apparantly I had gotten close enough to the second necromancer to make him constantly raise the skeletons, so I had to run over and bust that moron's rear end before running back to the turn so I could swing at the chariot.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

EEEEE :circlefap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNf5df8L9ig

Looks like Victorian Dark Souls to me.

E: Oh there's an actual Bloodborne thread, well then.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Bob NewSCART posted:

A link please? This sounds nice.

http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls2/mods/119/

and

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?tag=gedosato

Also, I don't know if any of you on PC have looked at the death count statue lately, but:

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

buzzsaw.gif posted:

Also, I don't know if any of you on PC have looked at the death count statue lately, but:

You were offline for that one. It shows only yours when you're not connected.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of deaths, comparing the first character I completed the game with to the last I went from 152 deaths to 73, and also from 54 hours to 27 (~SL 155).
Next up; no-death speedrun!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Transistor outfit overhaul is live: http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls2/mods/184/

Now actually looks like Red's outfit! :toot:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Hey Red, we're not going to get away with it this time.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
So it turns out that playing a bleed-reliant quality build is goddamned hard.

If only for the fact that the early game has poo poo for weapons that aren't the mace and infusions are gated really hard.

Also sick fashion souls stuff is in ng+.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

laplace posted:

So it turns out that playing a bleed-reliant quality build is goddamned hard.

If only for the fact that the early game has poo poo for weapons that aren't the mace and infusions are gated really hard.

Also sick fashion souls stuff is in ng+.

I tried that but with whips only. Was a lot of fun in PvP but man, PvE wise it was a 24/7 slog. Barely do any damage and the whips broke way too fast.

my cat is norris posted:

Was there anymore to the video here (http://www.twitch.tv/dreadedcone/b/537344583?t=49m40s) beyond the first invasion?

That was loving funny and I want to see more. :allears:

Watching that stream right now, why does he cry "Gankers!" every drat time he sees more then one person? He's an invader! Guy can do whatever he wants to kill your invader rear end and that includes getting buddies to help him out. I don't know it just annoyed me and I've spent most of the video cheering for his opponents.

Though it was kinda neat seeing the twinblades in action. I need to try those out.

Cainer fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Jun 13, 2014

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Cowcaster posted:

Hey Red, we're not going to get away with it this time.

The real Transistor starts here.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Huh, I just hit glamoured-sitting-on-her-throne-being-totally-not-suspicious-Nashandra in the face with a lightning spear. Didn't know you could do that. She jerked from the hit, started to stand up and then vanished.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

my cat is norris posted:

I think my favorite part was how you used the Black Stone to "banish" yourself from your own world.

That was an incredibly silly mistake. I used to be able to do that sort of thing in DS1, and forgot that I can't do it here yet.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Tallgeese posted:

That was an incredibly silly mistake. I used to be able to do that sort of thing in DS1, and forgot that I can't do it here yet.

The results had me in tears.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
To be fair when you invade someone chances are that person doesn't have weapons, armor, rings, or spells equiped that are good for PvP. On top of that they probably made no effort to invest their stats in a PvP beneficial way and spent a portion of their souls on random stuff that isn't beneficial to them in any way. To insulate that you don't have at least a half a dozen significant advantages when you invade is absurd.

Tallgeese posted:

It was still great because all you did was drop the barrel, which he couldn't pick up, and leave. You can just tell he was completely devastated by not being able to pick up the barrel.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Safety Scissors posted:

To be fair when you invade someone chances are that person doesn't have weapons, armor, rings, or spells equiped that are good for PvP. On top of that they probably made no effort to invest their stats in a PvP beneficial way and spent a portion of their souls on random stuff that isn't beneficial to them in any way. To insulate that you don't have at least a half a dozen significant advantages when you invade is absurd.

You don't. Maybe if you invade really early on in the game (which is impossible here unless you cheat), but after a certain point not only are hosts going to be at least as well geared as you (if not higher leveled) but the majority of the time they have multiple phantoms. This is good since it makes winning invasions much harder, but that and the inability to use healing items puts you at a significant disadvantage.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Thank you Vanderdeath for hopping on and sharing with me a BWS! I appreciate it and I hope you don't get knocked out by Little Mac again.

On an unrelated note boy is it basically impossible to kill a Havel in Belfry Luna at 400k. A backstab did less than a tenth of his health!

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Thank you Vanderdeath for hopping on and sharing with me a BWS! I appreciate it and I hope you don't get knocked out by Little Mac again.

On an unrelated note boy is it basically impossible to kill a Havel in Belfry Luna at 400k. A backstab did less than a tenth of his health!

If he had that much defense he was probably much higher leveled and just lowered his SM down with CE. I've run into a fair amount of guys like that when invading there on PC.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Genocyber posted:

If he had that much defense he was probably much higher leveled and just lowered his SM down with CE. I've run into a fair amount of guys like that when invading there on PC.

He was a red invader so yeah, probably. He ran around with a pair of daggers too.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Huh. They deactivated all forms of teleportation except for the Black Crystal while connected to someone else; even a successful casting of Homeward does nothing. Have to do some code modifying if you want it to work, I guess.

I cannot say I saw that coming.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Well, Homeward could take you out of the invasion area as the host. That'd be pretty lame as an invader.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

This looks perfect, thanks

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Manatee Cannon posted:

Well, Homeward could take you out of the invasion area as the host. That'd be pretty lame as an invader.

They let you do it in DS1, which is why I'm surprised they put in some measures against it this time.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Genocyber posted:

You don't. Maybe if you invade really early on in the game (which is impossible here unless you cheat), but after a certain point not only are hosts going to be at least as well geared as you (if not higher leveled) but the majority of the time they have multiple phantoms. This is good since it makes winning invasions much harder, but that and the inability to use healing items puts you at a significant disadvantage.

If you invade me and Ice Fist you will get 2x the souls because we are truly and incomprehensibly terrible at PvP.

We have died more than once to invaders even when we've known they were coming and were both at full health.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Tallgeese posted:

They let you do it in DS1, which is why I'm surprised they put in some measures against it this time.

You also had an infinite use red eye orb in DS1. Probably a necessary change, it would make normal invasions even worse if you could just warp out.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005

Tallgeese posted:

They did? :confused: Or do you mean by cheating the option back on? The bone and spell would gray out once I got invaded in DS1 too.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Cyberventurer posted:

They did? :confused: Or do you mean by cheating the option back on? The bone and spell would gray out once I got invaded in DS1 too.

That, yeah.

Their priorities seem a bit messed up. I'd rather they focused on putting in a basic SM check every load. I was mainly looking forward to leaving via the Darksign instead of Black Crystal, but it's not a big deal.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jun 13, 2014

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Inspector_666 posted:

If you invade me and Ice Fist you will get 2x the souls because we are truly and incomprehensibly terrible at PvP.

We have died more than once to invaders even when we've known they were coming and were both at full health.

This is not true. I have been sunbro'ing with you a grand total of three times when you've been invaded.

Invasion #1: Punchy man that threw a lot of firebombs rolls of a cliff in Heide's Tower trying to dodge. Utterly hysterical.

Invasion #2: Dual Katanas guy fights the two of us in dragleic castle and kills us both.

Invasion #3: Spear user that also used pyromancy. Caught us in the worst place right outside the room with the five ruin sentinels who were all still alive and aggro'd. Any damage he took he'd just go away and heal with the pyro heal spell, but eventually we were able to chain stun him and then back stab him. It felt great.

Also, I do not disagree that I am bad at PvP. I am horrible.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ice Fist posted:

This is not true. I have been sunbro'ing with you a grand total of three times when you've been invaded.

Invasion #1: Punchy man that threw a lot of firebombs rolls of a cliff in Heide's Tower trying to dodge. Utterly hysterical.

Invasion #2: Dual Katanas guy fights the two of us in dragleic castle and kills us both.

Invasion #3: Spear user that also used pyromancy. Caught us in the worst place right outside the room with the five ruin sentinels who were all still alive and aggro'd. Any damage he took he'd just go away and heal with the pyro heal spell, but eventually we were able to chain stun him and then back stab him. It felt great.

Also, I do not disagree that I am bad at PvP. I am horrible.

I could have sworn we got murdulurdled multiple times. I guess it's just me since I apparently cannot stop getting loving invaded.

I actually checked my inventory the other day and had a token that you get form invading and killing somebody, but I have never used a Red Eye Orb, so I have no idea how that happened.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

There's one in the world you can pick up somewhere since you need it to talk to the Brotherhood of Blood covenant guy. Might drop from some enemies, too but I don't know for sure.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Inspector_666 posted:

I actually checked my inventory the other day and had a token that you get form invading and killing somebody, but I have never used a Red Eye Orb, so I have no idea how that happened.

Chest at the bottom of the ladder room just before the Gutter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Me and a random white summon killed an invader. I got 530k souls from him. :( there goes my attempt at doing stuff all on my own (i.e. without a friend summoned and on mumble)