Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

The MSJ posted:

One thing that surprises me is Hasbro scheduling movie 5 for 2017 instead of 2 years from now like the norm for movie franchises. Is summer 2016 full already? Or maybe they want the time to look and prepare for a new director?

According to reports that came out around the time they announced AoE, Bay is signed on to do 5 too, but not 6. I'm guessing that that either changed, or he requested a year off to work on something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

The MSJ posted:

One thing that surprises me is Hasbro scheduling movie 5 for 2017 instead of 2 years from now like the norm for movie franchises. Is summer 2016 full already? Or maybe they want the time to look and prepare for a new director?

3 year turnarounds aren't that uncommon (Pirates 1 -> 2 and 3-> 4 were both 3 years or greater).

Looking at the schedule though Summer of 2016 has Batman vs Superman, Captain America 3, X-Men Apocalypse, Amazing Spiderman 3, How to Train Your Dragon 3, Finding Dory, Angry Birds, Independence Day 2, Tarzan, Ice Age 5, Planet of the Apes 3, and a Smurfs movie.

So it's a little packed, yeah.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

New :stare: trailer

https://vimeo.com/97854887

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I love that scene where a car punches one of the human bad guys in the face with its wheel. I don't think it's even a Transformer car, just the one Wahlerg is driving.

Looks like every Autobot has a Dinobot ride. Crosshairs have Scorn, but I don't think Hound is going to be riding Slash. Maybe that sauropod or stegosaur Dinobot will be in the movie after all.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

The MSJ posted:

I love that scene where a car punches one of the human bad guys in the face with its wheel. I don't think it's even a Transformer car, just the one Wahlerg is driving.

Looks like every Autobot has a Dinobot ride. Crosshairs have Scorn, but I don't think Hound is going to be riding Slash. Maybe that sauropod or stegosaur Dinobot will be in the movie after all.

Sludge and Slag never get any love!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

Sludge and Slag never get any love!

Slag the ceratopsian is in the movie as "Slug" (since in the UK "Slag" is like "Whorebotron") and Drift is riding him.

Sludge have been renamed "Slog", probably for copyright reasons.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM
Jesus just saw a trailer with Optimus riding Grimlock while they gently caress poo poo up.

Yeah I'll be seeing this turd.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I realised another reason for the 2017 release of TF5. It will be the 10th anniversary of Bayformers. Bay directing it as his final TF movie seems pretty likely.

Want to annoy a G1 Transformers fan? Tell them that many children who became Transformers fans because of the 2007 movie would be adults by 2017, and Bay's version is the default Transformers for them.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bay's version is the default version for me :colbert:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Also in the 'make people feel old' department, Marky Mark is now playing a man with a teenage daughter.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

The MSJ posted:

Also in the 'make people feel old' department, Marky Mark is now playing a man with a teenage daughter.

Wait teenage?.......well gently caress.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The MSJ posted:

I hope he admonishes her for wearing her pants low and showing her underwear.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
I am ridiculously hyped for this movie. These two shots for some reason are just so great to me.

Lockdown and Stinger are going to be the best.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I don't like Stinger because he looks like artifacts you get when graphics cards die.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The MSJ posted:

I realised another reason for the 2017 release of TF5. It will be the 10th anniversary of Bayformers. Bay directing it as his final TF movie seems pretty likely.

Want to annoy a G1 Transformers fan? Tell them that many children who became Transformers fans because of the 2007 movie would be adults by 2017, and Bay's version is the default Transformers for them.

A G1 fan won't be annoyed because they've sat through like a dozen different continuities already

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
The top shot of Lockdown is great, I love the whole skull-face thing he has going on, and that scar over the left side of his head. His color seems to be green (eyes, his visor display), a color we haven't seen really associated with Autobots (blue) or Decepticons (red).

I don't like Stinger because he seems like his transformation is just to become a cloud of particles then to become a robot.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sir Potato posted:

I am ridiculously hyped for this movie. These two shots for some reason are just so great to me.

drat, that face is like 95% of the way towards being Steel, or Doctor Doom.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

Sire Oblivion posted:

I don't like Stinger because he looks like artifacts you get when graphics cards die.

Well isn't he meant to be a human made transformer?

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Transformers has always been a toy commercial. Shattering people's nostalgia for their old animated toy-selling robot friends has been some of the best parts of Bayformers.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God drat I love whoever is doing the advertising for this movie

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Should have posted the other one too.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jun 14, 2014

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Those are some great posters. Wonder if I can get my hands on that Chinese one somewhere.

The Baumann
Jun 2, 2013

En Garde, Fuckboy
So the movie tie in game has a preorder on steam now. For some strange reason, it also seems to be a game in the cybertron series, but I don't see any connection between the two universes.

I really don't have any idea what to make of this.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Baumann posted:

So the movie tie in game has a preorder on steam now. For some strange reason, it also seems to be a game in the cybertron series, but I don't see any connection between the two universes.

End of cycle cashgrab that recycles Fall of Cybertron assets to beef up a small movie game.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope the Bayformers Autobots are the villains.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Two new TV spots.

This one has Lockdown speaking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf2VrhQj6BY

This one has a glimpse of transforming Dinobots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1n-NH9yBI0

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Lockdown seems really cool.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The MSJ posted:

Two new TV spots.

This one has Lockdown speaking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf2VrhQj6BY

God drat this looks good.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
In my curiosity to see who was voicing Lockdown, I got a pleasant surprise.

FRANK WELKER AS GALVATRON!!!

And I really hope he does the G1 Megatron voice for it.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Baumann posted:

The prior games: War and Fall of Cybertron, we're pretty good TPS'. Each made by a different dev. This game is going to "fuse" the game and movie universe using the Dark Spark as the macguffin, it will also take place during and after the new movie.

And no these games aren't cash grabs.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

RBX posted:

The prior games: War and Fall of Cybertron, we're pretty good TPS'. Each made by a different dev. This game is going to "fuse" the game and movie universe using the Dark Spark as the macguffin, it will also take place during and after the new movie.

Rise of the Dark Spark isn't being made by High Moon Studios, alas.

So yeah probably a cash grab.

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

The power of the Outsider is

...dat ass
:yosbutt:

Cardboard Box A posted:

Rise of the Dark Spark isn't being made by High Moon Studios, alas.

So yeah probably a cash grab.

It's not being made by High Moon because they don't exist anymore because they made that Deadpool game.

EDIT: That isn't to say anything about whether or not it is, in fact, a cash grab but whatever the case it couldn't be being made by a studio that doesn't exist anymore.

wateyad fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jun 15, 2014

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

wateyad posted:

It's not being made by High Moon because they don't exist anymore because they made that Deadpool game.

EDIT: That isn't to say anything about whether or not it is, in fact, a cash grab but whatever the case it couldn't be being made by a studio that doesn't exist anymore.

High Moon is doing the Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii U ports of the new Call of Duty.

The Baumann
Jun 2, 2013

En Garde, Fuckboy

RBX posted:

I just think its weird that anything is being tied to the Bay movies, his stuff has remained pretty isolated from the rest of transformers.

The cybertron series is pretty great, I just hope they don't mess it up with needless cash grabs and tie-ins

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

John Goodman can be heard in this TV spot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01F2S0ZBZmg

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

The MSJ posted:

John Goodman can be heard in this TV spot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01F2S0ZBZmg

At around 0:19-0:20 Optimus has been stabbed with his own sword? :stare:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Not the weirdest crossover transformers has had, but still...

Milky Moor posted:

At around 0:19-0:20 Optimus has been stabbed with his own sword? :stare:
Good catch!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Very timely announcement, since I was starting to get bored with Angry Birds Star Wars.

Speaking of crossovers, I hope this franchise will crossover with GI Joe so that we can have Wahlberg and The Rock teaming up again.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

The MSJ posted:

Very timely announcement, since I was starting to get bored with Angry Birds Star Wars.

Speaking of crossovers, I hope this franchise will crossover with GI Joe so that we can have Wahlberg and The Rock teaming up again.

A cross over between the two (GIJoe/Transformers) in their current incarnations would be the loudest, most explodiest summer blockbuster movie ever. :magical: Only Michael Bay should be allowed to make such a movie.

Angry birds transformers. :ughh: I thought Angry Birds was starting to decline. Who is this aimed for anyway? That's G1? If they wanted the kids, shouldn't they use the Bayformers instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Darth TNT posted:

Angry birds transformers. :ughh: I thought Angry Birds was starting to decline. Who is this aimed for anyway? That's G1? If they wanted the kids, shouldn't they use the Bayformers instead?

It looks like it's taking elements from various incarnations. Bumblebird is using a Camaro-like car mode while that fire truck bird resembles one of the character Rescue Bot characters.