Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Is there a way to make the game go into borderless windowed mode? I hate having to tab out of it to do other things while waiting for summons and whatnot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I wish the skeleton lords weren't able to walk through those pillars. One just killed me by popping through while I used a lifegem.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Is there a way to make the game go into borderless windowed mode? I hate having to tab out of it to do other things while waiting for summons and whatnot.

Gedosato will do it.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Do you need to be hollow every time you talk to Navlaan or just the first time?

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

Elysiume posted:

Do you need to be hollow every time you talk to Navlaan or just the first time?

Every time I think

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

RBA Starblade posted:

Really? It just rolled away from me mid-animation then their buddies gave me the wheel. :v:

Also trying the Skeleton Lords + at level 60 is a bad idea.
I've seen it on stream before and I only did it once.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

RBA Starblade posted:

I wish the skeleton lords weren't able to walk through those pillars. One just killed me by popping through while I used a lifegem.

How?

How do you get so many glitches?

That RBA... is inhuman!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

This is the craziest lag stab I've ever seen.

http://www.twitch.tv/noobest/c/4454856

Skip to about 1:10 if you don't want to deal with the slow twitch load.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

neetengie posted:

I've seen it on stream before and I only did it once.

Oh you're right, I just did it. And a phantom backstabbed one of the lords. Neat!

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh you're right, I just did it. And a phantom backstabbed one of the lords. Neat!

You can backstab the lords?

What!?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Jamfrost posted:

You can backstab the lords?

What!?

Yup.

You can backstab the smaller giants in the Memories too.

Rubellavator fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jun 13, 2014

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Fuckin Blue boys ruining my day :argh:

Like how one just casts crystal soul mass, then starts sliding at me, then I die :v:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

argondamn posted:

That's nothing compared to the one I got yesterday, and I really wish I had been filming :(

I was in Belfry Luna, got invaded. Dude walked around a little and suddenly stopped on the stairs, so I started wailing on him. Nothing happens. I figure he's disconnected, so I go up the ladder, ring the bell and walk through the fog gate and start fighting the Gargoyles. After getting the first Gargoyle to about 50% HP I was yanked out of the fight, through the fog gate, up the ladder, down the ladder, back to the stair and backstabbed. Took no damage and the dude promptly disconnected. :psyduck:
I was then invaded again, which caused the game to freeze for a good couple of seconds before giving me a message that I was "Unable to join multiplayer session". I was now on the other side of the fog gate with a Gargoyle trying to attack me through it. As I went through the fog gate a second time and killed the Gargoyle, something weird happened. The Gargoyles didn't spawn automatically. I had to actually go up to them and hit them before they would spring to life. That was a weird experience to say the least!

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

What the hell did you do to my world :mad:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

If that was just now, you caught me as I was trying to puzzle out how invasions work. Whoops?

(Nothing.)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I don't have to answer to anyone but God now when it comes to approving probations for pissy nerd offsite drama slapfights guys just saying.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Alabaster White posted:

What the hell did you do to my world :mad:

Is the throne watcher shield any good? Why the lightning enchant?

Cowcaster posted:

I don't have to answer to anyone but God now when it comes to approving probations for pissy nerd offsite drama slapfights guys just saying.

One thing I've noticed about games, is that in every thread some oval office comes in and tells you you're doing something wrong, missing the point of the game, abusing a broken mechanic despite the fact that the devs specifically said the mechanic is working as intended and won't be changed, etc. It's like video games hold some absolute truth that only they get. In medicine this is called a delusion and is associated with mental illnesses.

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

But what would God say?

I wish Way of the Blue members (henceforth woobies) would stop killing themselves on mobs. I know your blue buddy is running after the invader, but he doesn't care about the mobs! And if you end up aggroing more than you can deal with he can't even help you.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Safety Scissors posted:

Lightining damage is really popular in PVP and the watcher shield is the best mid shield for protection against it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

You will never, ever get hit by Lightning Spear but I guess it'd be nice for Emit Force?

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Just defeated Nashandra and noticed in the localisation credits 'Yoko Ono'… surely not.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

You will never, ever get hit by Lightning Spear but I guess it'd be nice for Emit Force?

Lightning enchanted weapons hurt a lot.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

NonzeroCircle posted:

Just defeated Nashandra and noticed in the localisation credits 'Yoko Ono'… surely not.

John Lennon wasn't killed, he just went hollow.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Iretep posted:

Lightning enchanted weapons hurt a lot.

You shouldn't block melee weapons with a shield in PvP.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

What you're saying is basically don't use shields.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

Sometimes you have to in order to deal with phantom range.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Iretep posted:

What you're saying is basically don't use shields.

Well, yes. It's nice for stopping some magic but generally you should just dodge it instead. It's too easy to have your guard break with a shield, and when that happens you're done.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

argondamn posted:

Well clearly this was intended by the masters at Fromsoft. Time is convoluted in Drangleic and he was wearing the witches hat; which clearly explains power over the temporal and material sphere. Katanas have a similar power in this land.

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jun 14, 2014

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Safety Scissors posted:

It's a small shield, which means it has the good parry, and has very good resistances (95/65/65/90/80) with a 100% lightning block after infusion. Since it's so good even at +0, you can save heaps of Dragon Bones by just not upgrading it at all. It's arguably the best shield for PVP while not requiring any sort of investment.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Alabaster White posted:

It's a small shield, which means it has the good parry, and has very good resistances with a 100% lightning block after infusion. Since it's so good even at +0, you can save heaps of Dragon Bones by just not upgrading it at all. It's arguably the best shield for PVP while not requiring any sort of investment.

It also dings.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

I will seriously buy all of the DLC no questions asked if FROM just includes an infinite use invasion item. Farming cracked spheres or having to dupe them into my game are lame options, and now that there's an extra covenant dedicated just to helping people against invasions, I have no idea why I can't just have an infinite use red eye orb.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

Manatee Cannon posted:

Setting up parries works 95% of the time outside the arenas and maybe 20% of the time in the arenas (still worth it). You can also block your way into backstabs which is harder to do but no one has a counter for it as far as I can tell.

Also that weird toggle block thing but I don't know how to do that.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

homeless poster posted:

I will seriously buy all of the DLC no questions asked if FROM just includes an infinite use invasion item. Farming cracked spheres or having to dupe them into my game are lame options, and now that there's an extra covenant dedicated just to helping people against invasions, I have no idea why I can't just have an infinite use red eye orb.

Because you can't opt out.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

Because you can't opt out.

I guess they were concerned about invasion spam. I don't know why they suddenly started allowing people to be invaded in areas already cleared, seems to me like that they were trying to fix a problem already dealt with.

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

You can also block your way into backstabs which is harder to do but no one has a counter for it as far as I can tell.

I loving love it when people just circle around me while blocking cause that's as close to a guaranteed guardbreak as you can get.

Night Blade posted:

I guess they were concerned about invasion spam. I don't know why they suddenly started allowing people to be invaded in areas already cleared, seems to me like that they were trying to fix a problem already dealt with.

They changed this so that people doing the invading could still be invaded. Most low SL invaders in Dark Souls killed the boss for their haunt so they never had to deal with other cheesers.

Domattee fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jun 14, 2014

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
So did I just get really lucky today, or is it really easy to backstab someone casting firestorm?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Night Blade posted:

Wait, this is possible? Or is it a thing projected for the DLCs? I've never even seen that happen. I've played this game for almost 300 hours and have been invaded exactly twice by non-NPCs and non-Bell covenant members.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Night Blade posted:

That's pretty silly since SM pretty much solves that problem; if you did get invaded legit it would be by someone at your SM so not outgearing you either.

Also you can always be invaded in areas where multiplayer is possible. It's not gonna happen often since invasions are rare in genreral; most commonly it happens to me when I go to McDuffs. I guess people spam orb there since they know people come back to him all the time.

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 14, 2014

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Manatee Cannon posted:

Well, yes. It's nice for stopping some magic but generally you should just dodge it instead. It's too easy to have your guard break with a shield, and when that happens you're done.

While I still carry one in PVP I almost never put my shield up. Infusions means my health gets chipped away along with my stamina, or I just get guard broken.

quote:

So did I just get really lucky today, or is it really easy to backstab someone casting firestorm?

I've hit like one guy with Chaos Storm as opposed to most of the time with Firestorm. It's just luck where the pillars go on any of them, and sometimes you roll poorly. Darkstorm's better about it but if you're in that radius while they're going up you're screwed, as opposed to them getting blasted away by a pillar of fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Genocyber posted:

That's pretty silly since SM pretty much solves that problem; if you did get invaded legit it would be by someone at your SM so not outgearing you either.

Also you can always be invaded in areas where multiplayer is possible. It's not gonna happen often since invasions are rare in genreral; most commonly it happens to me when I go to McDuffs. I guess people spam orb there since they know people come back to him all the time.

I meant in Dark Souls 1, with the exception of PVP areas you couldn't be invaded in cleared areas. It was fine in Dark Souls 1.