Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

dont worry, the indonesian market will save them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
http://el.blackberry.com/project-ion

Today's industry buzz word is ................... Internet of things!

5NF
Nov 16, 2011

lol is blackberry even still alive

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

blackberry l m a o

pagoe
Feb 19, 2013
just got myself a p9982 its pretty Deeet i can yospos from here. canada rules

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

pagoe posted:

just got myself a p9982 its pretty Deeet i can yospos from here. canada rules

is that the p'zone?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
look at this poor bastard who actually has to administer this shitshow

CLAM DOWN posted:

So I attempted to upgrade BES from 10.1.2 to 10.2.2 today and it ended up failing after 8 hours of the installers making an unmitigated shitshow of everything.

To get your installer/upgrade to even remotely work, the following must happen:
  • call support to figure out what the BES 10 upgrade path is. As in, you can't go 10.1.* to 10.2.1+, you have to go to 10.2.0 first. This doubles the amount of time this takes. This is not documented anywhere. Especially not in the prereqs, install guide, or download page.
  • if you have ever upgraded Java on your BES server (if you don't you should reconsider your stance on security), you have to re-install static installs of the JRE that your version of BES originally shipped with, because the installers point to a static path of specific versions. This is not documented anywhere.
  • if you have replaced self-signed certs in your as/ncc.web.keystore (if you haven't you should reconsider your stance on security), you have to use the genWebKey.bat utility along with the encryption key pulled manually from the DB to reset your keystore. This is not documented anywhere.
  • allow 2+ hours per installer to allow updates of the SQL tables. 95% of this 2+ hour time is spent doing absolutely nothing but repeatedly updating the installer progress bar at its current position. This is not documented anywhere.
  • if you have an HA pair, sacrifice a goat and pray to satan because there is no way in hell you're emerging from this unscathed. Make sure you stop all services on both nodes because sometimes your nodes decide to play a game and change roles on you, completely loving up your cluster.

After all this, you will still get completely a unknown "Failed validation, Result: 10" error that 3 tiers of support cannot figure out, and you will have to restore to your snapshots you better have loving taken before starting, thus wasting your entire day.

Sorry for the rant but Blackberry can rot in hell. Too bad, because the Z30 is a nice piece of hardware.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
the last line kills me

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

saw a blackberry and it was all hosed up

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
srsly, i appreciate the people who bump this thread occasionally with new bbry news because otherwise i would literally forget the company exists

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

and thus the country as well

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just in time for the Bold 9900 re-release.

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2014/06/10/blackberry-bold-9900-in-surprise-re-release-at-a-price/

quote:

Now due to high demand the BlackBerry Bold 9900 from three years ago has been put up for pre-order in both Canada and the US, and it is priced at $399 with a release down for next week on June 18th, but when you check for the UK the device isn’t available.

To recap the BlackBerry Bold 9900 has a 2.8-inch touchscreen display at a resolution of 480 x 640, which is powered by a single core processor running at a clock speed of 1.2 GHz. This is paired with 768MB of RAM with 8GB of on board storage that is expandable by up to 32GB via microSD card.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

i'm dying squirtle

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

:psypop:

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

bbm autocorrects to big bowel movement in my brain

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

why not just get the Q10 or Q5. the Q5 is loving $150 sans-contract

and there's just BB 7 on the bold. like i get people might miss the form factor, but do they think "poo poo, i hate having apps!" too?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

the 9900 re-release should be a £50 phone. the nokia 520 is better than it in every way.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Rumor around the 'Lou is that John Chen is not mandating that no full time RIM employees are allowed to have part time jobs or moon light in anyway.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

say that again

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

"Lou = Waterloo. Where BBRY is.

Also most of the old management went to Desire2Learn and now all the people that hated working for Blackberry now hate working there but since no one else hiring they just deal with it.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Bonzo posted:

"Lou = Waterloo. Where BBRY is.

Also most of the old management went to Desire2Learn and now all the people that hated working for Blackberry now hate working there but since no one else hiring they just deal with it.

well that explains why d2l turned into even shittier lovely poo poo poo poo

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

PleasureKevin posted:

say that again

s/not mandating/now mandating/

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

The Management posted:

s/not mandating/now mandating/

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

PleasureKevin posted:

saw a blackberry and it was all hosed up

what is time shift

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

someone pressed that by mistake 5 years ago, and the phone just re-appeared now.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

FrozenVent posted:

well that explains why d2l turned into even shittier lovely poo poo poo poo

Yeah their COO was from RIM and just left D2L so maybe they will get better (no)

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Bonzo posted:

D2L maybe they will get better (no)

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

my university just did an update to the system this semester and i'm left with one question

how do you gently caress up forums so badly in tyool 2014? like literally >>>>>>>quoted text like
>>>>>>>in a
>>>>>>>>email from the early 1990s

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"Bonzo" post="430933816"]
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>D2L maybe
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>they
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>will get better (no)

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

FrozenVent posted:

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

my university just did an update to the system this semester and i'm left with one question

how do you gently caress up forums so badly in tyool 2014? like literally >>>>>>>quoted text like
>>>>>>>in a
>>>>>>>>email from the early 1990s

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"Bonzo" post="430933816"]
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>D2L maybe
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>they
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>will get better (no)

that's usenet style too, right? i'm guessing that's probably why

it's still loving terrible

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.
Guess where BB outsells iPhone?

I am embarrassed for my city.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

lol toronto

lameness capital of canada the world

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

dev286 posted:

Try living in Waterloo

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
everyone i know in toronto has android or iphone now

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Cold on a Cob posted:

everyone i know in toronto has android or iphone now

in most countries blackberry sales have dropped so low they're now part of the statistical noise in "other" rather than reported on its own

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

dev286 posted:

banks. some smaller places have byod policies but the big banks still hand out blackberrys to everyone. plus with byod you need to submit expenses at the end of the month. having a device from your employer means that they handle all the billing and you don't have to worry about submitting any expenses

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

dev286 posted:

it's like how everyone in michigan kept buying gm cars long after everybody else realised they were terrible.

while i do see a bb10 device around london (uk) every once in a while, theyre always q10s or q5s. only the canadians are stupid enough to purchase the z10 or z30

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

sitting at the dealership getting some maintenance done and I saw this

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
incredibly, QNX itself isn't a total shitshow

only when its powers are combined with bb like a downs-syndrome Voltron do things go bad

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

downs-syndrome Voltron

mods?

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Grandmaster.flv posted:

i now know ur car dealership. loading hacking tools... :kheldragar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Grandmaster.flv posted:

fitting that the me-mag.com website looks like a throwback to the days when people actually bought and liked blackberries

• Locked thread