Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I did that for FF6 on the raft without using a rubber band :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

It doesn't really matter much, if you hit such a high level then the multipliers you get from such a level will still steamroll any game.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Has anyone found an easy or at least fast way to grind levels in Type-0? I'm at the same point that a previous goon mentioned where the 2nd mission in chapter 3 is warning you not to do it before you're level 22, and most of my guys are 18-19.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I'm playing through Final Fantasy X (for the first time ever) on the HD remaster and all i can think for the first few hours of this game is

shut up Wakka shut up SHUT UP

e: okay now i feel a little bad

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jun 13, 2014

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

a shameful boehner posted:

I'm playing through Final Fantasy X (for the first time ever) on the HD remaster and all i can think for the first few hours of this game is

Wakka's the only one in that game who goes through anything resembling a meaningful character arc. Also he's Bender.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
hahaha goddamnit now I can't hear him as not Bender :v:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

I had that reaction too when I first played the game. I was much younger and less jaded then too.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Adventure Time with Tidus and Wakka.

DiMaggio doesn't even try to not use the same voice.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Million Ghosts posted:

Adventure Time with Tidus and Wakka.

DiMaggio doesn't even try to not use the same voice.

Look, when god give you gold you don't waste it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Also Gilgamesh in FF12.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meanwhile, Tidus's VA was Milo in Atlantis.

Yes, that Disney film that bombed.

EDIT: Oh wait, only in the sequel apparently. Disregard.

He was in a lot of episodes of the more recent Scooby Doo cartoons though.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Look, when god give you gold you don't waste it.

You're acting like I said that as a negative. FFXV should have him as the VA for everyone, including chocobos. Imagine 'KWEH' in that voice.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Tip for Type-0: breed Chocobos, because they make the RTS gameplay go from "how the gently caress do I win" to easy mode. Especially Soldier types.

Also, talk to everyone whenever possible. Talking to people without icons also do stuff.

and obligatory "goddamn why didn't FF13 do this" as I reach the middle of chapter 5.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
FF7 was really hard when I was a kid but a little grinding for early limit breaks and 2 enemy skill materias with Beta, Trine and Aqualung makes combat easy. Kind of wish I didnt do that now but still looking forward to crushing that robot boss that picks up your party members.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm still waiting for the FF7 remake to announce Cloud's VA to be H. Jon Benjamin.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

Mega64 posted:

I'm still waiting for the FF7 remake to announce Cloud's VA to be H. Jon Benjamin.

....fund it square, do iiit

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mega64 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0cqV3h-aDA

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Wasn't there some rumor that Eminem was gonna voice Cloud in either the remake or a new movie?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Mega64 posted:

tifa

tifa

tifa

tifa

TIIFAAAAAAAAAA

WHAAAAT

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

Eddain posted:

Wasn't there some rumor that Eminem was gonna voice Cloud in either the remake or a new movie?

There's also a rumour that Liam Neeson was going to voice Cid. And that's how you start a rumour

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Heeeey, easy dere brudder, YA?

I'm pretty much done with the main story but Tidus and Wakka still won't shut the gently caress up during battle. Using Tidus to Flee while capturing 10 of every monster is especially terrible and I've pretty much benched him for Kimahri.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Live and let live!

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Live and let live is hilarious when you realize Tidus is accidentally being a horrible human being because all monsters are actually the unquiet dead.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

What's really great is when you realize that Tidus is an idiot who got flung a thousand years into the future, and put two and two together.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Fister Roboto posted:

What's really great is when you realize that Tidus is an idiot who got flung a thousand years into the future, and put two and two together.

I never thought about until you brought it up. Tidus, Aeon delivery boy at your service.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
FFIX deserves an HD remake before FF7

A manchild can dream

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Only one of Lulu's (Leela's?) eyes ever shows :rolleye:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Nah, abuse at the hands of someone with atypical eyes is covered by the Al Bhed.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Can Kimahri be Seymour?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Nihilarian posted:

Can Kimahri be Seymour?

Kimarhi is Scruffy.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Auron is Scruffy, Kimahri is Zoidberg.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Nihilarian posted:

Can Kimahri be Seymour?

Jecht is Seymour.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
I just noticed something really useful in Type-0 that they never bothered to mention.

If you pause during battle and go to the controls tab it lists your character's unlocked/equipped special moves. For example Nine's hold down + attack to sweep with his lance. It makes playing your lesser used characters so much easier.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

TARDISman posted:

Jecht is Seymour.

Everytime Sin shows up it's so say "good news everyone!"

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Brasseye posted:

FF7 was really hard when I was a kid but a little grinding for early limit breaks and 2 enemy skill materias with Beta, Trine and Aqualung makes combat easy. Kind of wish I didnt do that now but still looking forward to crushing that robot boss that picks up your party members.

That boss was the worst thing in the game. The first time I fought it, it took three turns before I could even do anything and killed my entire party. It haunts my dreams till this day.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

MVP posted:

A manchild can dream

If the original assets could be found, simply running them in their native resolution would upscale the game to HD.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Well, the environments at least. The character models had fairly high-res textures, but they're still very boxy and that's only hard to notice because it's lo res-on-lo res.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Any tips for Type-0? Mission 3 started out easy but soon most bigger enemies could oneshot/onecombo my characters. I had turn on Academy Backup half-way through and just barely beat the boss using Ifrit with only one character left alive.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

MVP posted:

A manchild can dream

We need the PS1 trilogy on Steam pretty bad. I've never played 9 but drat I want to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Neowyrm posted:

We need the PS1 trilogy on Steam pretty bad. I've never played 9 but drat I want to

7 and 8 are and that's really only because they already had PC versions.