Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dry Hump
Sep 14, 2013

orcane posted:

Templars have the best deck outfits though, which clearly matters more than a meme-spewing handler you talk to like a handful of times :colbert:

No but you have to get the required amount of tokens from just the one map/difficulty that's provided for free in that case.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flea
Oct 8, 2000

Cheston posted:

Huh, Tokyo actually looks pretty good now.

Blades/Chaos with Karma, Breakdown, Leeching Frenzy, and Clearing the Path for starters. I made a full build here that should work well even if you aren't way too purple.

Any chance you can post that build here? I'm trying to register for that site, but after logging in I see no link to add a comment to my application. Instead I posted the view profile link in the "about me" section of my profile. I have no idea how long this will take and I'm impatient. Please?

Edit: I'm Illuminati and thank you very much!

flea fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Jun 10, 2014

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

flea posted:

Any chance you can post that build here? I'm trying to register for that site, but after logging in I see no link to add a comment to my application. Instead I posted the view profile link in the "about me" section of my profile. I have no idea how long this will take and I'm impatient. Please?

I just accepted you. Which faction are you? If you don't care, the Illuminati forum had the most drama.

**Oh, and I'll throw it here anyway and skip most of the theory:

Actives:
1. Forking Paths
2. Clearing the Path
3. Karma
4. Wildcard - Chaotic Pull or Surging Blades
5. Helter Skelter
6. Discord Rising
7 - Elite. Wildcard - Black Hole or Whatever. Black Hole works on mobs with their AEGIS still up.

Passives:
1 - Elite. Cool, Calm, & Collected
2. Breakdown
3. 12 Gouge
4. Leeching Frenzy
5. Shoot 'Em Up
6. Immortal Spirit
7. Wildcard - Elemental Force

Rotation is 2x Forking Paths, Karma, Clearing the Path, adjusted for however much AEGIS stuff you need to do. This one's built around 400-800 Block with a Signet of Order (and also an Ablation and a Thirst), you could change the relevant passives/signets to Defence/Evade, depending on your gear. Oh, and you'll want one healing major (about 700 HR).

Cheston fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jun 10, 2014

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
It's been a long time since I played -- I think issue 2 was when I stopped. If I come back now, would I need to go through all the new issues in order, or is it pretty much open regardless of your skill level/recent experience? :ohdear:

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

prefect posted:

It's been a long time since I played -- I think issue 2 was when I stopped. If I come back now, would I need to go through all the new issues in order, or is it pretty much open regardless of your skill level/recent experience? :ohdear:

A good majority of the content is geared towards new ql10s.

Scags
Nov 12, 2005
Do any of you know of a place to pick this game up cheap? My friends and I don't want to wait for the Steam Summer Sale. I've checked greenman and amazon already, but they're full price.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Would be willing to sell my account for cheap. This game is just not for me.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Guess we got your answer on the zebra head thing. :v:

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
I love the storyline and the creativity. But the core systems in this game are confusing and at times outright broken. Getting rolled because I pulled one mob and 5 others come out of nowhere is not exactly fun and happens frequently. Starting zones are now essentially single player areas. I can't figure out the stats I need to not take a min or two to kill a trash mob.

E: Ill trade you my account for a 30 day wow time card/FFXIV Realm reborn time card.

ShadowMoo fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jun 10, 2014

Scags
Nov 12, 2005
I can't tell based on youtube videos, but does the gunplay in this work at all like a third person shooter (like defiance)? It looks like it with the shotguns but I can't tell with the others.

Here is the video I watched. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG489XhVvzQ

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
It works like any other MMO, it is LOS target based. There is no needing to aim, only line of sight.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Scags posted:

I can't tell based on youtube videos, but does the gunplay in this work at all like a third person shooter (like defiance)? It looks like it with the shotguns but I can't tell with the others.

Here is the video I watched. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG489XhVvzQ

80% of the attacks in the game are targeted. Shotguns do have a couple aoe attacks that telegraph in a line ahead of you, so do hammers. But most of the good attacks are single target that require the baddie to be selected.

The combat system functions similar to wow or everquest instead of tera or wildstar.

Scags
Nov 12, 2005

HughGRect posted:

80% of the attacks in the game are targeted. Shotguns do have a couple aoe attacks that telegraph in a line ahead of you, so do hammers. But most of the good attacks are single target that require the baddie to be selected.

The combat system functions similar to wow or everquest instead of tera or wildstar.

Aha, thank you.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Scags posted:

Aha, thank you.

I haven't ever tried, but in theory if you wanted to do a shotgun build where you fire and forget, you could. It wouldn't be 100% optimal, but you could clear all of the single player content. Just go for attacks that have the blast sub type and synergize from there.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I did that sort of build for most of Blue Mountain till the end of Egypt and it worked really well. Then I tried AR/Pisol leech build and welp. :v:

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.
The main quest in Tokyo is short but pretty fun, can honestly say it hooked me for issue 10, which will be out who knows when.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Marx posted:

The main quest in Tokyo is short but pretty fun, can honestly say it hooked me for issue 10, which will be out who knows when.

Pretty sure Issue 9 still has at least two more content packs before they start dicking around with Issue 10. But those are the content packs you want to finish up Tokyo, maybe?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Marx posted:

I see the tags for an attachment but no attachment.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I've been out of the game a long rear end time. Last time I played, I realized that the old EleForce Pistol/Shotgun tricks didn't really work anymore.

Any alternative builds somebody can recommend me for Pistol/Shotty to make getting back into this easier?

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

I've been out of the game a long rear end time. Last time I played, I realized that the old EleForce Pistol/Shotgun tricks didn't really work anymore.

Any alternative builds somebody can recommend me for Pistol/Shotty to make getting back into this easier?

I think EF Pistol/Shotgun still works. Just swap out Seal the Deal (which became another worthless elite) for Fluid Defence or Cool, Calm & Collected. 6x builder, shotgun, pistol focus ability, and if you had the active up, shotgun again. Or did I miss another nerf?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Cheston posted:

I think EF Pistol/Shotgun still works. Just swap out Seal the Deal (which became another worthless elite) for Fluid Defence or Cool, Calm & Collected. 6x builder, shotgun, pistol focus ability, and if you had the active up, shotgun again. Or did I miss another nerf?

Have you parsed the difference between those three? I'm still using std because :effort:

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.

HughGRect posted:

Pretty sure Issue 9 still has at least two more content packs before they start dicking around with Issue 10. But those are the content packs you want to finish up Tokyo, maybe?

I would prefer to see more content sooner, sure - but the main quest says something along the lines of this line continues in issue 10. Tokyo definitely needs more meat though, the only mission that isn't tied to the main quest and isn't a itty-bitty side one is the tower defense one.

Len posted:

I see the tags for an attachment but no attachment.

Yeah, I don't know why it's not showing.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'm not surprised that after all this time the game still turns into a slide show when I happen to make a mistake of running through a tunnel with tessellation on. Aside from that I'm having fun doing all the different investigation quests that have opened up after years of not playing the game. What issues should I get?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Cheston posted:

Ran 5 minute parses and STD still came above Fluid Defense. Used simple pistol/ar rounds with 6x business + 3 round burst + EF shootout with 953 pen so FD was always up.

STD came up at 1970 dps and FD 1916 dps. Not worthless. :colbert:

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I'm not surprised that after all this time the game still turns into a slide show when I happen to make a mistake of running through a tunnel with tessellation on. Aside from that I'm having fun doing all the different investigation quests that have opened up after years of not playing the game. What issues should I get?

5 if you don't already have it, 6, 7, the Sidestories for more investigations, and if you ever want to do scenarios, issue 8. (Otherwise you can skip issue 8 by completing one of the Sidestories and paying 1m pax. The story content of issue 8 is free, you just won't get as many scenarios/modes to run.)

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Slight aside, this manga really makes me think of one of the core conceits of TSW:
http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/6000-r2678/

Looking for the sun, sun gods and the infinity of space in the depths and darkness.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

I almost want to do scenarios, but I wish it was based on mob numbers versus time. 15 minutes each really kills any and all motivation to even start.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I have the worst luck trying to patch this.

Yesterday I started it when I went back to work after lunch and it barely got anything because of the downtime. I didn't run it last night because I thought I'll just started it in the morning when I leave.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Is there a good description of the AEGIS system and how it works anywhere? I've searched but only found bits and pieces of useful info.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(

Kumo posted:

Is there a good description of the AEGIS system and how it works anywhere? I've searched but only found bits and pieces of useful info.
There should be a tutorial in-game. There's also this site. They also have lore locations and mission help for Issue 9 mostly up.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Zephonith posted:

There should be a tutorial in-game. There's also this site. They also have lore locations and mission help for Issue 9 mostly up.

There's also this thread for a lot of the finer details.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Zephonith posted:

Cheston posted:

There's also this thread for a lot of the finer details.

Thank you both, the ingame tutorial isn't very well organized or intuitive, but the links help.

I'm happy about the new missions (though there don't seem that many at present), but it still feels like another round of bells and whistles to grind away at until the next update in six months time.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I want to do karaoke dungeons tonight. How's 9pm est sound?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

I want to do karaoke dungeons tonight. How's 9pm est sound?

I suck at video games but I think I could drag myself away from wildstar for awhile

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I could do some bullshit. :frog:

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.
Grundlefly is back on right now! Plat let me know when you want to do something.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I'm sitting in the new mumble channel right now in the hopes that we get a group of five. I don't even care if it's an elite train. I just want to run some dungeons and have a good time.

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.
Alright let me get the new mumble set up and I'll be down!

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

No Mumble, but I'll see about messaging some goons in game if they need another body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(
I just had an extra QL1 AE Capacitor drop for me. Let me know if you want it and I'll happily sell it to you for far less than the Auction House, or swap it.

• Locked thread