Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Let me just say that I won't submit a world cup prediction entry after today. I would feel like a cad for doing so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beru04
May 4, 2013

Stop making me realise things.

Sky Shadowing posted:

Clearly the Bastard hasn't materialized in our world yet- Australia down 2-0 after 14.

Well it is only 2014 in non-LP time, so at best, the Bastard was generated from his genetic spawning pool 3 months ago. This World Cup is a bit early for him...

Carrier
May 12, 2009

why arent you posting about live football in the forum for posting about live football rather than the forum for looking at pictures of games?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Carrier posted:

why arent you posting about live football in the forum for posting about live football rather than the forum for looking at pictures of games?

There's a contest in the thread, whoever guesses the RL World Cup most correctly wins the ability to change 1 thing in-game.

Also The Ray Parlour is a bit too hardcore for some of us.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Sky Shadowing posted:

Also The Ray Parlour is a bit too hardcore for some of us.

How so?

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Also, I was just about to comment about how well an Australian winger has been doing. Leckie has been having a good match. Wrong wing and age though...

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

They are probably referring to all of the "ironic" racism and terrible posting.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Franks Happy Place posted:

They are probably referring to all of the "ironic" racism and terrible posting.

You should report any racism you see, there are plenty of mods to deal with such fucktardery. And terrible posting? Report that too. We meed a warm encouraging environment that big time gamers can feel comfortable in.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

vaginal culture posted:

You should report any racism you see, there are plenty of mods to deal with such fucktardery. And terrible posting? Report that too. We meed a warm encouraging environment that big time gamers can feel comfortable in.

Why bother? TRP is just like that. The last time I saw anybody make a stink about it, that person got probated for being "disruptive".

To me, TRP is kind of like YOSPOS or FYAD, it's just a forum with its own personality and style that you either Get or you Don't Get. Since I Don't Get It, complaining and making a fuss seems stupid.

Edit: I do agree that this thread is not an appropriate alternate GDT, and this is my last post on the subject. Metaposting is dumb.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Dias posted:

As a Brazilian, let me assure you that the rioters would riot regardless of the result - it's a crowd that isn't so much concerned with the results than it is with the World Cup happening at all. There's this weird detachment here between the World Cup-Event and the World Cup-Big-Football-Thing, actually, and most protests are about the former, not the latter. In fact, most people that care about the World Cup games think the protesters are basically spoiled college kids making a mess for the sake of making a mess. Not that having a bunch of angry drunk fans would've done us much good, mind you, but it'd be a different problem.

Round here we call that West Virginia.

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!
It's a soccer thread. What's wrong with a bit of discussion about soccer?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

GenHavoc posted:

It's a soccer thread. What's wrong with a bit of discussion about soccer?

It's like if people discussed plumbing in the Super Mario Brothers thread.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
If you post in TRP you get a cool football by your name

e. see??

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I'm reporting all the posts that don't have anything to do with Games or the Let's Play. This should be a safe space for us gamers who want to talk and play Football Manager and you are ruining it by talking about sports.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

This is what I get for not bothering to read the thread for a week. lovely that we didn't bring anything home, but 2nd is still respectable in a league with City and Chelsea. Also going to refrain from posting for contest this season. Especially so after that Spain/Netherlands game, god drat.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

vaginal culture posted:

It's like if people discussed plumbing in the Super Mario Brothers thread.

I think the more apt comparison is that it would be like if people talked about plumbing in a Plumbing Simulator 2014 Let's Play

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

tatankatonk posted:

a Plumbing Simulator 2014 Let's Play

Can you link to this? Sounds epic.

BEHOLD: MY CAPE
Jan 11, 2004
Given the vast number of niche simulation games out there I am sure that Plumbing Simulator exists

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
I will say, as someone who rarely watches soccer/futbol, that Dutch-Spain match was a good one to watch.

However, I cannot fathom why there aren't more refs on the field to cover the angles. The baseball fan in me can appreciate the need to keep the flow of game going and leave the calls on the field, so instant replay isn't an issue. In hockey we have 4 extra guys on the ice in addition to the players in a considerably smaller play space, but that doesn't ruin the flow of the play aside from the unlucky bounce that hits a ref.

More refs on the field in soccer/futbol would have helped our Dragons a couple of times over the last few seasons.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Bootcha posted:

However, I cannot fathom why there aren't more refs on the field to cover the angles.

UEFA have put additional officials behind the byline in European club games, but I've yet to see them even attempt to influence a single decision in the 3-4 years they've been there. It's baffling.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Bootcha posted:

I will say, as someone who rarely watches soccer/futbol, that Dutch-Spain match was a good one to watch.

However, I cannot fathom why there aren't more refs on the field to cover the angles. The baseball fan in me can appreciate the need to keep the flow of game going and leave the calls on the field, so instant replay isn't an issue. In hockey we have 4 extra guys on the ice in addition to the players in a considerably smaller play space, but that doesn't ruin the flow of the play aside from the unlucky bounce that hits a ref.

More refs on the field in soccer/futbol would have helped our Dragons a couple of times over the last few seasons.

Football is in it's very nature an incredibly conservative game, it takes something drastic for rules to change (see: the England goal that never was against Germany in 2010) to make the corrupt wankers that run the game actually do something to earn their bribe money.

Once Platini/Blatter are forced out, expect to see much more technology being introduced (and I don't see either of them staying for much longer considering).

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

A Tartan Tory posted:

Football is in it's very nature an incredibly conservative game, it takes something drastic for rules to change (see: the England goal that never was against Germany in 2010) to make the corrupt wankers that run the game actually do something to earn their bribe money.

Once Platini/Blatter are forced out, expect to see much more technology being introduced (and I don't see either of them staying for much longer considering).

Blatter will rule FIFA until he dies :negative:

Is the simulated FIFA as corrupt as the real thing? Any shocking World Cups awarded to the richest and least populated countries?

Is there goal line technology in FM2014?

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Torrannor posted:

Is the simulated FIFA as corrupt as the real thing? Any shocking World Cups awarded to the richest and least populated countries?

Well, considering England won it in 2014 in this game, I have to say it's clear FIFA isn't corrupt, because Blatter would NEVER allow England to win a World Cup considering their FA's personal opposition to him.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

A Tartan Tory posted:

Well, considering England won it in 2014 in this game, I have to say it's clear FIFA isn't corrupt, because Blatter would NEVER allow England to win a World Cup considering their FA's personal opposition to him.

That's why Qatar wins all the world cups!

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Torrannor posted:

Blatter will rule FIFA until he dies :negative:

I hear FIFA is channeling bribe money toward stem cell research and advanced cryogenics.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Epilogue: Home grown talent for rock bottom prices.
May 10, 2022-June 9, 2022

The board acts quickly, authorizing an expansion of the stadium, a fresh infusion to the wage/transfer budget of £81.79m, and suggesting that we tour the United States and Australia. I get right on meeting their desires.

The expansion gets underway, and it's slightly larger than I anticipated. Must be a result of the ebullience over our second place finish.

Hey, I'm the highest paid manager in England now. Why would I leave to leave? Unless, of course, I'm not getting paid what I owe. By the end of the LP I expect to be earning £250k/wk.

Go Dick Petts! I hope he makes the final cut. Two of our former youth prospects, Michael Upson and Adrian Read, both made the preliminary squad as well, I guess England is truly desperate for a striker because neither are very good.

These are just the preliminary 30 man rosters, there will be seven more cuts after training camp. But having 8 of our 22 man senior team in the World Cup is more than I would have expected. In the real life World Cup the club with the most players making preliminary rosters was Bayern Munich, with 18.

Chelsea wins the Europa League, giving their manager two lesser awards to hang his hat on. It's enough to keep him from getting fired.

It's the takeover that never ends, it goes on and on my friends.

My original diamond in the rough. Mair is a player with several warts but he's still better than almost any player on any non-megabastard squad. That he's a rotation option for us is a sign of how far we've come.

He stepped into the first team for us after Manchester City released him. I have no qualms about paying him what he deserves.

Not gonna happen unless you're willing to show me £80m. Bastable's price will only increase so long as he's productive, we'll only grow richer as time goes on and have even less reason to sell him.

I don't detect any noticeable difference, he's still listed as “Right Foot Only.” Training this might have been a waste of some of his potential, increasing a player's weak foot is one of the more expensive things you can do when it comes to using up their Potential Ability.

Congratulations on the double, Pattison. And congratulations at keeping Ryan McLeod and Manchester United from earning a single major trophy this year.

Their first option (moi) having rebuffed them, they go and hire a foreigner who has come up a long way since starting the game coaching Barnet down in non-league football.

Nth verse, same as the first...

Wait, really? The Dutch bought Manchester United! And they're thinking about firing Fergie 2.0? Oh how marvelous!

He was at very insecure when I first checked right after the buyout, and a poor start to the season could quickly see him sacked. That would be a mindbogglingly poor move on the part of the new owners, so I'm really hoping it happens.

I was very confused as to why it was late May and we still hadn't gone on vacation, but apparently our U19s made it to the finals of continental youth soccer. One more win gives us a (meaningless) trophy.

Damnit. A whole year and not a single addition to the cabinet except another Mini-Cwp. Even Manchester United won the Super Cup, the Community Shield, and the Club World Cup. I feel like Arsene Wenger.

This soothes my disappointment some. I had completely forgotten we were also in line for Champions League television money, that's a huge boost to our bottom line.

Everyone made the cut! That's surprising. Morvan, Petts, Cardozo, and Taborda have never played for their national team, them getting a look this late must be due entirely to their club form. They probably won't see much time in the first team at the World Cup, but making the squad for nations like France, England, and Argentina is a real accomplishment, especially given that Petts is the only one older than 22.

We've finally got the top quality youth academy that we deserve. I'm going to need to make a move when it comes to our head of youth development, he's only found one player that could play a role on our first team in his whole tenure. Once I figure out who to replace him with, he's getting the sack.

Wales and Ukraine will have their own World Cup, with blackjack, and hookers!

The board apparently decided that nickle and dime increases in our capacity is not nearly enough. This will bring The Racecourse Grounds up to a 25,000 seat capacity, or almost the maximum it can be increased. Because of the time it will take to complete the massive renovations we're going to be playing all of our home games in Wolverhampton for the next year. I'm not sure how they picked Wolverhampton, it's an hour and twenty minutes from Wrexham and there's other stadiums closer by (Anfield and Goodison Park in Liverpool, Britannia Stadium in Stoke), but our home field advantage is going to be significantly depressed for the coming season against English clubs.

It's also going to use up most of the Champion's League television windfall. Easy come, easy go.

Really, I'm going to be aiming for the title. But no need to increase pressure on them before we go into the offseason.

The World Cup isn't due to end until July 10 and we just got through playing 60 competitive matches in a season, more than ever before. An extra week off would be good.

Or... not? Well, I'm not going to complain about a trip to the U.S. of A. The other option was China, and while I did enjoy the summer abroad I spent there close to a decade ago, being back in my homeland has much more allure for me. It also dovetails nicely with the Board's desire for a tour of the United States.

It's probably just as well that we're expanding the stadium, the tax write-off alone saves us hundreds of thousands of pounds that would otherwise go to Her Majesty's Government.

Our bookkeepers are earning their pay. The day after we've submitted tax filings showing an £8.4m profit, we submit Financial Fair Play filings showing a £72.4m profit. I'm guessing the difference is in what's counted towards expenses. If I recall correctly player wages are recommended to be somewhere around 60-70% of total turnover, whereas we had player salaries and bonuses of £52m against total turnover of £159m. That would get us close to that profit number once you take into account our £20m net transfer spend. Suffice to say, we're at no risk of being penalized for overspending.

¡Felicitaciones, El Juez!

¡Y tu, El Compadrito!

And not least to you, Petts!

Club membership keeps growing, up to nearly 68,000 now. We should probably increase the price of membership. Giga-bastards Barcelona have 220,000 socios who pay close to 20 times the amount we charge for a membership. We don't want just any Llewellyn-come-lately to pretend he was with us from the start.

Now that we're an established Champions League club our endorsement income is going to skyrocket. By way of comparison our main kit sponsorship brings in just over £500k a year, and started when we were in the Championship. It will very likely command an eight figure sum when the current deal runs out after this year. I wonder who our sponsor will be, I don't think Glyndwr University can afford that.

Our player contract situations are almost all taken care of. Bram Aarts has a prick of an agent who refuses to negotiate with me, leaving him as the only player with a contract ending in 2023 that needs a new deal. On the staff side of things there's only a handful of coaches to renew or release. Two of these are staffers who have been with me since I first arrived at Wrexham, our former GM and our former head scout. Both have me listed as their favorite person, I guess I didn't let on how frustrated I occasionally got with each of them. The GM especially ended up being more hassle than he's worth, while I like the concept of someone to take care of tedious minor transfer stuff I spent more time correcting his mistakes than he saved.

Should have made a deal when you had the chance, Wigan:

I offered £5.5m for him 18 months ago, today we get him for £3.2m. His price dropped so precipitously because he's now only a year away from the end of his contract, and he's got no interest in staying with Championship level Wigan. They're forced to sell, and we're the recipient of their desperation to get something for him. It's good to be a bastard.

Ed Hammatt
Centerback

Feast your eyes on this big lug! What a physical specimen! He lacks quickness and a couple mental attributes at the moment, but he's a legitimate Premier League centerback at the age of 20. He'll spend a couple years developing, and by the end of it should be a monster of a defender capable of locking down opposing strikers in the box and defending against any set piece. He's also English, and counts as a “home grown player” for the purposes of team registration. That's very important, as my habit of signing foreign players had left us with fewer than the minimum eight required on a 25 man squad. This will become important in a couple years when our team are all over 21 and we need to have eight useful home grown players to maintain a deep roster.

Just like Hammatt, Reed was a wonderkid who was stuck on a Championship team, and whose contract was running out in a year. Fulham had demanded in the vicinity of £50m last transfer window, which fell by nearly 90% to the price I paid for him.

Steve Reed
Right Back

Reed and Hammatt are not going to displace one of our current starters. What they do give us are viable backups that I'm happy to play when the first team regular is fatigued. Our biggest problem last year was not having players that I felt comfortable throwing into the fray when we had injuries or when my first choice needed a break. Both Reed and Hammatt are under our control for the next five years, neither of them were very expensive, and both have the potential to become world class players. They're going to make me very happy for a very long time.

Félicitations, Patrice!

As we buy some players, we sell others. I'll miss our little Croatian thug, but I won't miss all the yellow cards he collected. He was one of five players still on the team, along with Bailey, Todd, Shirra, and Mujkic, who were with us before we reached Premier League promised land.

I can't complain about the services rendered by a four star youth coach who joined us back in the non-league football days, but he's become dead wood and overtaken by more competent coaches. The U18 team is assigned to our new U21 coach, a guy who's earning the previously inconceivable salary of 8k a week. All but two of our senior team coaches are rated at 4.5 stars, one of our Goalkeeper coaches is just a 4 while one of our new fitness coaches is a 5 star god of strength conditioning.

It's a Croatian exodus. Matko never featured regularly for us, getting into 51 games over three years. He got injured too often to reach his potential, was a year away from the end of his contract, and thus was deemed surplus to requirements.

The Bastard finishes as top marksman in all of Europe. He's the best £4m purchase I've ever made.

Our whole team was outstanding this year, we had eight players in the top 25 for average rating.

Good teams will naturally dominate the top of the average rating lists, it's hard not to have them when you're racking up piles of assists.

Same for racking up scads of goals. Bastable, Shirra, and Cardozo were all in double digits for the club in league play.

Even third stringer Bram Aarts had an impressive Goals per Minute stat.

For all our pretty stats, we still didn't win anything. I want this to be the final year of my reign that this can be said about. Next year, I want it all.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Appendix: The Year in Football/Futbol/Fußball/Calcio/Soccer, 2021-2022
June 9, 2022

We're once again one of the surprises in the world of club football, has anyone else managed to upset the applecart even more than we have?

Second place is the first loser. We win or die trying next year.

Oh Tackleford. How it must gall you to know that you had the greatest manager in a generation and fired him. Meanwhile BPL regulars West Ham and Leeds return, while Sheffield United make the top division for the first time since 2007.

It's a good thing I didn't turn off League One, we'll need to be able to keep an eye on Tackleford next year. I'm thinking we need a feeder team for our 18-20 year old players, perhaps they'd suffice?

The first time I played through it was actually a 2-1 extra time win for Manchester City, but then I had to revert back a week because of the hash I made of Justin Bailey's stats. So this time around Manchester City got rid of all the suspense and tonked United 5-1.

Chelsea's Victor Romanchuk managed to pip Arsenal for the final Champion's League spot and won one of the domestic trophies. That plus the Europa League title is decent work and earns him a repreive from the executioners axe.

Real Madrid blew away everyone this year. No wonder we got crushed at the Bernabeu. Aged Barcelona are forced into the playoffs prior to making the group stage of the 2022-2023 Champions League.

Wolfsburg, not Bayern, breaks the Dortmund stranglehold over the Bundesliga. Poor Frankfurt gets relegated.

Serie A has overtaken the Bundesliga in reputation. A big part of that is thanks to having half dozen quality teams, they might be even deeper than La Liga at this point and second only to the Premiership for number of good to great sides. Juventus finished out of the Champions League places, so the only way they make it back next year is if they won their final against Barcelona. If that happens, Roma gets screwed and sent to the Europa League despite finishing third.

This counts as an earthquake. It's the first time in close to a decade that someone other than PSG has won the French title. PSG were closer to not qualifying for the Champions League than first place.

PSV made an exceptionally deep run in the Champions League, reaching the semifinals. It took a toll on their league performance, giving Ajax all the opportunity they needed to win the league for the first time in four years.

If the French Ligue 1 result was an earthquake, this is a sharknado. Lowly Braga beat out all three of the big clubs for their first ever title, despite wages that are at best 1/3rd of the big boys. Braga play in one of the most gorgeous stadiums in all of soccer, and now have a title worthy of it.

Celtic retake the Scottish Premier League by storm, but there's now a question whether they'll resume their prior run of dominance or whether Rangers have returned to give them fits.

Chelsea strolled to the Europa League title, as they ought to have considering the quality of the competition.

Mighty Juventus wins another European honor, (stars are Juve, right?). This ensures that they'll be in the Champions League again next year, despite finishing fourth in Serie A. Next time around, I want to see us make the semifinal or better.

Real Salt Lake is such an awful team name, but they're MLS champions.

Atlas, meanwhile, win in both the Apertura and Clausura in the Mexican league.

It's the Seattle Sounders who take home the CONCACAF Champions League title, though. USA! USA! USA!

Down south Gremio finishes third, behind Palmeiras and Flamengo.

While continuing to crush Internacional on the state level.

Velez Sarsfield has the best record in the Primera, thanks in part to a brilliant right back that I've been waiting to become work permit eligible for two years now.

Alas, last year's underdogs from Colombia didn't even make it to the finals of the Libertadores, with Flamengo adding yet another jewel to their crown.

But this year's Libertadores features up and coming Atlas. ¡Viva Mexico! ¡Viva Atlas!

The 2022 World Cup is about to begin in Qatar. I look forward to seeing how the game simulates 120 degree farhenheit/50 degree celsius weather during games. I also look forward to the US bowing out early because they're too stupid to hire me as a manager.

beru04
May 4, 2013

Stop making me realise things.

habeasdorkus posted:

Next year, I want it all.

I WANT IT ALL! AND I WANT IT NOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDcoX7s6rE

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

:ohdear: Eintracht, nooooooo!

Now I really need the Netherlands to win it so I can bring them back from the graveyard that is the Zweite Bundesliga.

EDIT: Wait, Union got relegated too? That's terrible.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Is Ed Phillips finally fired?

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

habeasdorkus posted:

The 2022 World Cup is about to begin in Qatar. I look forward to seeing how the game simulates 120 degree farhenheit/50 degree celsius weather during games. I also look forward to the US bowing out early because they're too stupid to hire me as a manager.

quote:

I think the game is guiding you to destiny. :scotland:

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Actually, I've been wondering: Is there a way to check the history of owners of clubs? I'd love to know if AU Uncle Barry is still in charge of Leyton Orient or if my hatred against them has been misplaced.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Reveilled posted:

I think the game is guiding you to destiny. :scotland:

Yes, it is destiny, you must manage Scotlands Golden Generation after doing so much for Wales. :scotland:

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
This is the end of an era. "General Manager Alex Gill has confirmed this transfer on behalf of the management" is probably the most-repeated line in this LP next to "I'm not at all happy at how you've dealt with this". RIP dude with us from the beginning we never talked to or cared about.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
Group Stage
Group A: Brazil, Mexico
Group B: Netherlands, Spain
Group C: Colombia, Cote D'Ivoire
Group D: Italy, England
Group E: France, Switzerland
Group F: Argentina, Bosnia
Group G: Germany, Portugal
Group H: Belgium, Russia

Knockout Round
Brazil over Spain
Netherlands over Mexico
Colombia over England
Italy over Cote D'Ivoire
France over Bosnia
Argentina over Switzerland
Germany over Russia
Belgium over Portugal

Quarterfinals
Brazil over Colombia
Netherlands over Italy
Germany over France
Argentina over Belgium

Semifinals
Brazil over Germany
Argentina over Netherlands

Final
Brazil over Argentina, 2-1

Tiebreaker: 20 goals by Brazil

edit: broken bold tag.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.
Well, we're getting close to the deadline, so I guess I should submit my highly dishonourable World Cup predictions.

Group Stage
Group A: Brazil, Mexico
Group B: Netherlands, Spain
Group C: Colombia, Ivory Coast
Group D: Italy, England
Group E: France, Switzerland
Group F: Argentina, Bosnia
Group G: Germany, Portugal
Group H: Belgium, Russia

Knockout Round
Brazil > Spain
Netherlands > Mexico
Colombia > England
Italy > Ivory Coast
France > Bosnia
Argentina > Switzerland
Germany > Russia
Belgium > Portugal

Quarterfinals
Brazil > Colombia
Netherlands > Italy
Germany > France
Argentina > Belgium

Semifinals
Brazil > Germany
Argentina > Netherlands

Final
Brazil > Argentina

17 Goals

Edit: Haha, holy poo poo, I swear I didn't see Bozart's entry until I'd posted mine. Statistically-inclined minds think alike, I guess.

Viscardus fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 16, 2014

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
I wonder, if/when you take the USA World Cup team, are you going to prep any staff to take your place or you going to leave Wrexham in it's fate of picking someone from elsewhere?

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
You can usually manage a national side and a club side at the same time. It doesn't tend to happen anymore in real life with the elite national teams, but the workload is often small enough that it's entirely possible to do. Certainly in FM. Managing a national side in the game mostly consists of 1) Selecting your squad from all the available options and 2) Picking your tactics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

Viscardus posted:

Edit: Haha, holy poo poo, I swear I didn't see Bozart's entry until I'd posted mine. Statistically-inclined minds think alike, I guess.

Good luck to both of us! (Also, I hope we were wrong about USA!)

• Locked thread