Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Eau de MacGowan posted:

perhaps we should have taught the rest of the world that instead of giving them things like democracy

Pretty sure that was the Greeks mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
hello everyone I still don't like wayne rooney as he's loving poo poo and his refusal to do his loving job meant Candreva/Darmian overwhelmed Baines for the first goal and a million other times, then his fat oval office reputation meant Sterling was removed out of the centre where he was taking names and promptly got kicked shitless lots by Chiellini.

Sterling/Milner/Welbz imo for next match, or maybe Lallana. Barkley was a bit crap but it didnt help Rooney literally tackled him. gently caress wayne rooney. Like a granny. Peace.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I liked that Barkley was willing to run at their defence, unlike say Wilshere who was willing to run directly into them. Twice.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Rarity posted:

Pretty sure that was the Greeks mate

they invented it, england brought it to the farthest reaches of the globe (and even let the natives take part in it after world war 2)

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

HJB posted:

I liked that Barkley was willing to run at their defence, unlike say Wilshere who was willing to run directly into them. Twice.

How else is he going to win a freekick and pick up an ankle injury so he can go on a bender for the rest of the tournament?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Spangly A posted:

hello everyone I still don't like wayne rooney as he's loving poo poo and his refusal to do his loving job meant Candreva/Darmian overwhelmed Baines for the first goal and a million other times, then his fat oval office reputation meant Sterling was removed out of the centre where he was taking names and promptly got kicked shitless lots by Chiellini.

Sterling/Milner/Welbz imo for next match, or maybe Lallana. Barkley was a bit crap but it didnt help Rooney literally tackled him. gently caress wayne rooney. Like a granny. Peace.

Playing two against Baines and no one against Johnson was genius.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

HJB posted:

I genuinely have no idea what Wilshere brings to the team.

What does he even do?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Bland posted:

What does he even do?

he'll fuckin do you if you look at him wrong mate

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Eau de MacGowan posted:

he'll fuckin do you if you look at him wrong mate

I've heard he'll also do you if you look at him right, if you know what i mean

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bland posted:

What does he even do?

Before his ankle injuries and being taught to be a hard man at Bolton he was a lot like Sterling only not quite as fast (but a better passer). Now he's as slow as Gerrard, without any of the passing range.

He'll struggle to get games at Arsenal next season but will get called up for England for the rest of his career based on some nebulous "international quality" label.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Syncopated posted:

I've heard he'll also do you if you look at him right, if you know what i mean

No that's yer mam.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

we lost by one to italy and spain lost by 4 to the dutch

italy are 9th in the world rankings and holland are 15th

therefore we're better than spain

its literally coming home

thoughts please

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Ragazzi? This is no time for pasta adverts!!

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Thirteenth Step posted:

we lost by one to italy and spain lost by 4 to the dutch

italy are 9th in the world rankings and holland are 15th

therefore we're better than spain

its literally coming home

thoughts please

hmm the math checks out i think youre onto something here

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I hope Suarez is back for the England match.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Bland posted:

What does he even do?

a shitload of coke

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Kurtofan posted:

I hope Suarez is back for the England match.

If he was anywhere near fit they would have brought him on against costa rica.

Woudnt be surprised if he doesn't play in the tournament at all (3 games).

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I do love pundits saying we should move Sterling, who was arguably England's best player last night, out wide to accommodate Rooney, easily England's worse player

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

EvilHawk posted:

I do love pundits saying we should move Sterling, who was arguably England's best player last night, out wide to accommodate Rooney, easily England's worse player

It'll be Lallana, Sterling, Welbeck next game I think

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Total Meatlove posted:

I hope this is true.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
Should accomodate rooney by sending him home to his mother where he can have a cry like he really wants.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
england's nothing without rooney

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

would rooney really be earning three hundred thousand pounds per week at noted big club manchester united if he wasnt actually englands best player? makes you think

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
You cant deny that rooney has good qualities that actually show up on the pitch but you also cant deny that he looks completely broken mentally

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Slaapaav posted:

You cant deny that rooney has good qualities that actually show up on the pitch but you also cant deny that he looks completely broken mentally

he needs a hair top-up

his powers are directly linked to his hair i think

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Does Roy really have the guts to drop Rooney though?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Skinty McEdger posted:

Does Roy really have the guts to drop Rooney though?

Let's be honest lads.

No.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Total Meatlove posted:

As much as I'd like this, Rooney is always going to start if he's not injured

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Slaapaav posted:

Rooney needs two good qualities, attacking and defending. Neither of those he showed last night.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think you either need to let Rooney focus on attacking and leave defense to the players with a funcioning brain or take the fat boy out of the pitch and replace him with one of the thousand promissing English kids who were on the bench.

England will probably have a great team in a few years if those young bucks develop properly. Cheer up you pudding lovers.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

There was a point early on in the match just before a goal kick, where Baines was shouting at Rooney to track back and stop leaving him so exposed. Rooney just ignored him and shrugged it off. I don't think Rooney was completely poo poo going forward, but he left Baines with no cover and just didn't do his job last night. Rewarding him for this by putting him in his preferred position just seems like such bullshit to me, but you're never going to drop him.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

EvilHawk posted:

Gerrard and Rooney were both terrible and should be benched

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Not denying Gerrard wasn't poo poo, but who the gently caress do you replace him with?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

britishbornandbread posted:

Not denying Gerrard wasn't poo poo, but who the gently caress do you replace him with?

Lampard, duh.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Rooney was shite, refused to do his job and bottled a simple tap in. Sterling is much more effective then him so imo bench Rooney and get jimmy milner in. If Ox is fit then have him in the middle swapping with sterling and wellbeck. Gerrard benched for Barkley or potentially Milner. Cavani is shite so who gives a gently caress about defending.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
England would have won if rooney had kept his cool but he completely loving lost it. After chiellini completely stopped attacking should have shifted more people to the left instead of having glen johnson standing around doing nothing. Gerrard was good he played many good balls and looked like he really wanted to loving win. (he is the only old man that cant run that england should field imho)

Rooney didnt track back but the goal also came from that flank being completely open

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Milner shouldve replaced Rooney and shut down the left flank.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
I still can't understand why Roy is getting away without any criticism of the monumental selection gently caress up he made.
There are literally 5 or 6 people better suited to the position Rooney played last night and it was obvious after about 5 minutes is wasn't loving working and yet he persisted with it.

Play Rooney off the striker or don't play him.

Woy posted:

His career has been great, even now he is 28 years of age and what he’s done is really quite outstanding. I think it’s a tribute to his quality and his career that people put so much pressure on him to perform, that they are saying it’s all about Wayne Rooney. This is the time for him to shine, the time for him to score goals.

That's why I'm playing him as keeper.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
didnt get to see the second half, did rooney break his scoring cherry or

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
I just watched the game and quite enjoyed it. Lots of great play by both teams! Question though. Has football come home yet?

• Locked thread