Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

the last s0n posted:

I'm wanting to play around with self-butt stuff, but I have very short arms and have a difficult time knocking on the cellar door without having to contort into some really uncomfortable positions, if you know what I mean. I'm wondering if anyone has a line on an anal toy with a long U-shaped handle or similar that might give me some extra reach.

OR let me know if you've invented the ever-elusive finger-elongator.

I got a metal vibrator about the dimensions of a finger, it worked great for beginner butt stuff. You can get them either straight or curved at the end, with the battery case providing a natural obstacle to prevent butt absorption. You can find these simple vibrators for around $20 or less at any "adult novelty retailer".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

There are also these things: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dhpc&field-keywords=suction%20cup%20dildo :nws:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I would not go for those at the best of times-- jelly in particular is a really gross material that will literally ooze and can cause allergic reactions; particularly pertinent to butt stuff, nothing in that search can be sterilized, as they're all pourous and those materials can't take a good boiling.

I would look at one of these; because it's a grab bag you don't get to pick the colour but that price won't be beat. Specifically in the Tantus line if you wanted to spend a bit more, you could get any of the vibrators and one of their suction cups (since the vibrator is separate from the toy, their suction cup goes into the vibrator hole)-- that's kind of spendy and I'd get the cup if nothing else from Amazon, it's like half off what they have on their website.

You could also consider something like this or this search should find you something that will both work and not do this if it gets too warm where you leave it.

Do not put jelly toys up your butt. Do not put them inside you at all, but double extra do not put them up your butt.

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

I wasn't necessarily recommending jelly toys (because ew gross), I was recommending suction cup dildos.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah but like almost everything in that search was either jelly or a similar pourous material, if they named the material at all. Just figured it was a good idea to go HEY WAIT NOT THAT PRETTY BLUE ONE etc.

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009
Would a jelly dildo work with a condom on, from the point of view of not needing to wash it afterwards?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Insofar as that's the only safe way to use one-- if you're not allergic to the material, yes.

I'd still avoid them because you still need to make sure they don't get too warm, it is possible to get an allergic reaction just from handling them (which is not extremely common-- never happened to me-- but common enough to not downplay), and the material will degrade after about a year.

I know shelf life seems like a strange thing to be concerned with as far as a sex toy goes, but you'll end up spending more on replacements in the long run.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

neongrey posted:

Insofar as that's the only safe way to use one-- if you're not allergic to the material, yes.

I'd still avoid them because you still need to make sure they don't get too warm, it is possible to get an allergic reaction just from handling them (which is not extremely common-- never happened to me-- but common enough to not downplay), and the material will degrade after about a year.

I know shelf life seems like a strange thing to be concerned with as far as a sex toy goes, but you'll end up spending more on replacements in the long run.
Can confirm this. I bought a cheap jelly toy for my girlfriend to use with a condom to see if she liked the style. It melted and stained everything it touched.

the last s0n
Aug 12, 2013
Thanks guys, I guess suction is the way to go. Possibly vibrations? Otherwise, I'll have to McGuyver something together.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Silicone toys are ok to use with oil based lube, right?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yup. It's only latex you need to worry about there.

the last s0n posted:

Thanks guys, I guess suction is the way to go. Possibly vibrations? Otherwise, I'll have to McGuyver something together.

Unfortunately, I think suction and vibes are mutually exclusive, just because of where the motors generally are. If you don't want to be tied to a wall/floor, do consider the handled versions of Tantus dildos too; a grab bag Echo with a handle will set you back $26 which is an amazing price for a solid toy.

the last s0n
Aug 12, 2013

neongrey posted:

Yup. It's only latex you need to worry about there.

Unfortunately, I think suction and vibes are mutually exclusive, just because of where the motors generally are. If you don't want to be tied to a wall/floor, do consider the handled versions of Tantus dildos too; a grab bag Echo with a handle will set you back $26 which is an amazing price for a solid toy.

Possibly. The She Vibe site had some promising vibrating-suction-cup toys with wired remotes.

Also, as nice as the Echo looks, that handle wouldn't be of much use to me, since my arms are too short to reach comfortably. :(

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Sucks about that then, figured the extra handle length might help with the reach thing, but if it's not enough, it's not enough. :(

Didn't see the vibes on first glance and, yeah, drat, those are even good prices. Have all the fun then!

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

FactsAreUseless posted:

Can confirm this. I bought a cheap jelly toy for my girlfriend to use with a condom to see if she liked the style. It melted and stained everything it touched.

Sex Questions Megathread IV: It melted and stained everything it touched

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Sex Questions Megathread IV: It melted and stained everything it touched
Do you really think your mom would want us naming the thread after her?

Ottoman
Apr 30, 2004

Hideki! You have so many side dishes. Can Chii be your main course?

FactsAreUseless posted:

How the hell did it melt?! :psyduck: I have a jelly one and it feels really great. (I always use a condom over it.)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ottoman posted:

How the hell did it melt?! :psyduck: I have a jelly one and it feels really great. (I always use a condom over it.)
No idea! It just did!

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Ottoman posted:

It's the nature of the material. It breaks down incredibly quickly and there's any number of things that can accelerate it-- temperature, simply coming into contact with other jelly toys, age, etc. Pthalates are freaky poo poo. Here is a helpful educational (non-sexy) video! And here is a good compilation of information on this stuff. Both links nsfw, obviously.

e: Oooh here's a making of the toxic sex toys jar video. (super nsfw there are fake dicks everywhere)

neongrey fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 13, 2014

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

So uh... anything transparentish (that isn't glass obviously) is jelly? Or are some of them latex? What's a good litmus test?

Ed. For a thing one already owns, that hasn't violently decomposed in a little under a year, that maybe one should throw out.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

In sex toys, if it's transparent* it's gonna be pourous, no matter what. If it's not jelly it might be TPE, which isn't going to weep or anything, but it's still going to start to break down after about a year, and it's still going to harbour germs or potentially mold over time.

*there are good translucent silicone toys out there but it'll always be sort of cloudy. And you'll probably have paid a lot of money for it so you'll know by that too. :v:

The only actual test you can really do at home is a flame test-- here is a decent look at the sorts of results you might be looking for.

If you're gonna keep using it, then I'd check regularly for tears in the material, black spots, or unusual odors. That's definitely something to go in the bin.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Oh. Well gross.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

neongrey posted:

In sex toys, if it's transparent* it's gonna be pourous, no matter what. If it's not jelly it might be TPE, which isn't going to weep or anything, but it's still going to start to break down after about a year, and it's still going to harbour germs or potentially mold over time.

*there are good translucent silicone toys out there but it'll always be sort of cloudy. And you'll probably have paid a lot of money for it so you'll know by that too. :v:

The only actual test you can really do at home is a flame test-- here is a decent look at the sorts of results you might be looking for.

If you're gonna keep using it, then I'd check regularly for tears in the material, black spots, or unusual odors. That's definitely something to go in the bin.

What about glass?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
it could also be that really clear ice that ice sculptors use

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Unlikely to be confused with jelly. :v:

But perfectly safe to jam up into you, so long as the object is designed for that purpose and not, like, a beer bottle or something.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I've talked to my girlfriend about this before and she is okay with the idea. Basically we're both in our first relationship ever so everything has been new to us, and I am considering getting her a toy of some sort as a surprise gift to use alone or when we're having sex.

I considered dildos but with various shapes and sizes I figure that's probably something I should save for when we go out and decide together. Or something for her to decide alone.

So I've been considering getting a Hitachi for her. Its obviously popular and well known, and it seems like girls like it a lot. What do you guys think? Have any better ideas or thoughts to the contrary?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Artificer posted:

I've talked to my girlfriend about this before and she is okay with the idea. Basically we're both in our first relationship ever so everything has been new to us, and I am considering getting her a toy of some sort as a surprise gift to use alone or when we're having sex.

I considered dildos but with various shapes and sizes I figure that's probably something I should save for when we go out and decide together. Or something for her to decide alone.

So I've been considering getting a Hitachi for her. Its obviously popular and well known, and it seems like girls like it a lot. What do you guys think? Have any better ideas or thoughts to the contrary?

Hitachi is a classic, though a mighty powerful vibrator; if she's especially sensitive and doesn't already have one, maybe try a rabbit vibrator first. Is there any particular kink or thing she's generally interested in?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

hoobajoo posted:

Hitachi is a classic, though a mighty powerful vibrator; if she's especially sensitive and doesn't already have one, maybe try a rabbit vibrator first. Is there any particular kink or thing she's generally interested in?

Uhhmm. Hm. A rabbit might be a better starter then, if a Hitachi is very powerful.

Some light bdsm-y stuff. Light choking, blindfold, rope. Nothing else particularly comes to mind.I don't know how that applies though, since I want this something she can use easily while alone.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
If everything is new, start small with the sex toys - there's no need to go rampaging toward the Hitachi! How about a bullet? They're pretty fool-proof and easy to use either together or alone.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
If you're looking to get a vibe to use during sex, a giant corded one isn't going to be very practical. I recommend the MiMi by Je Joue, it doesn't get in the way and has a surprisingly powerful motor for its size. also, it's cute & rechargable.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah the hitachi gets thrown around a lot as like 'the one toy you need' or whatever but it's really a terrible beginner's toy-- it takes a lot of practice to learn to use the thing how you like, if you like it, and until then it'll just vibrate your vulva off and leave you unpleasantly numb. That head is like the size of a baseball.

I'd deffo second something small or a bullet-- the we-vibe Tango or Touch (same motor, different housing) are both powerful but easy to dial up, and small and ergonomic enough to easily get mashed on her clit during sex. Being able to vary the end is good too-- you can easaily get either of them to go from pinpoint to broader stimulation from how you hold them.

Those are my personal favourites, but something like a Lelo Siri or Mia are in the same family of toy, or the Leaf Life. You'll want to avoid things like the Lovehoney Flash or the Picobong (who names this poo poo) Kiki-- to every account terrible, terrible toys.

neongrey fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jun 15, 2014

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
Agreed, my bf also wanted to get me a hitachi and while it does seem like a fun toy, I'd rather have a small practical one that can actually be used for solo & couple fun times.
I did consider the smaller lelo ones and the leaf vibe, but the je joue mimi came highly recommended by almost every reviewer and I have to agree that the motor is surprisingly powerful for such a small toy. The upgraded 'mimi soft' also looked intriguing but there were some sites that didn't sell it because of noisy motor-issues, so I just got the OG model.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah, my go-to reviewer doesn't care for the MiMi but looking over her review it's not for any reason that would be a problem for what's being wanted here. The shape doesn't look like it'd do it for me-- but that's one reason why it's good there's so many options.

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

If nothing else, go to a sex shop together and look at the toys. It's always fun and sexy to do that with a partner, plus you can better gauge her likes and dislikes in-person. If they don't have exactly what you want, you at least have a good starting point and then can go online and get something. Have her look at sex toy reviews online too (I love ohjoyasextoy.com).

Speaking if which, there are no sex toy review links listed in the OP (at least none I could find). Why don't we all post our faves and see if Turtlicious will edit the OP to include them?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I actually don't like OJST for reviews (they're great for education stuff) -- they're a bit too unwilling to actually give a really negative review on toys, which often leads to them saying of things with poor build quality, bad motors, usability issues, etc 'wellllllll you should try it and see, you might like it'.

(eg, this one where it's 'well it had these design issues I really didn't like... but it's a perfect design for new people', or this one where it basically explains the big problem with rabbits in general but is still 'I'd recommend it to others', etc)

I feel like sex toys in particular are something where you really need to compensate for a reviewer's preferences, so a wishy-washy review is just needless obfuscation, I feel.

For me, I like Epiphora for reviews in general-- she's size queeny as hell and loves g-spot stimulation, though, so those are things to keep in mind when going over her stuff, especially reviews written past 2010 or so.

Dangerous Lilly is another good one, I find-- her tastes match up pretty well with mine.

One of the best things I find for checking out how good a reviewer is is to look through their backlog for a known bad toy (revel body or shiri zinn anything are both good, especially since those are companies known to legally threaten people who give bad reviews; picobong kiki, lelo ida, lovehoney flash; those are all good things to check for) and see how much they're willing to rip into it. Doesn't necessarily have to be a mean review but the less waffling and hedging about how bad a toy is, the more inclined I am to trust them when they say something is good.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Artificer posted:

Uhhmm. Hm. A rabbit might be a better starter then, if a Hitachi is very powerful.

Some light bdsm-y stuff. Light choking, blindfold, rope. Nothing else particularly comes to mind.I don't know how that applies though, since I want this something she can use easily while alone.

If she's keen on self-bondage, I'd recommend some bondage tape. Hell, I'd recommend bondage tape is general; it's a lot of fun, easier to use than rope, and safer for beginners.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

hoobajoo posted:

If she's keen on self-bondage, I'd recommend some bondage tape. Hell, I'd recommend bondage tape is general; it's a lot of fun, easier to use than rope, and safer for beginners.

Velcro straps aren't as sensual and nice as good ropes or fancy leather, but that stuff is inexpensive and flexible. Just remember to also get some safety equipment like trauma shears and play safe! You can always try again if you 'ruin' a scene by being over-cautious, but you can't if you injure or kill somebody.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

LeJackal posted:

Velcro straps aren't as sensual and nice as good ropes or fancy leather, but that stuff is inexpensive and flexible. Just remember to also get some safety equipment like trauma shears and play safe! You can always try again if you 'ruin' a scene by being over-cautious, but you can't if you injure or kill somebody.

Bondage tape is extremely cheap, comfortable, and can be cut with the safety scissors first graders get for arts and crafts. I agree the velcro straps are safer than rope for beginners, but I don't see how it beats bondage tape for safety and flexibility.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

hoobajoo posted:

Bondage tape is extremely cheap, comfortable, and can be cut with the safety scissors first graders get for arts and crafts. I agree the velcro straps are safer than rope for beginners, but I don't see how it beats bondage tape for safety and flexibility.

Its a good thing I never said it did, then.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

LeJackal posted:

Its a good thing I never said it did, then.

Then I'm not sure why you quoted me rather than the poster asking for advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

LeJackal posted:

Wouldn't trauma shears be a tad overkill for velcro straps? I can't imagine a scenario where you can't immediately release someone who's velcro strapped down without shears.