Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Final team is Thief/Berserker/Ninja/Berserker. Oh dear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
How do I equip my four thieves with knives and poo poo? The first town doesn't sell em.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

DARPA Dad posted:

How do I equip my four thieves with knives and poo poo? The first town doesn't sell em.

You have to steal them from skeletons in the ship graveyard.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
Oh. Hopefully the canal boss doesn't give me too much trouble.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

So my final team is White Mage/Berserker/Beastmaster/Dancer. Chicken Knife is probably already half-powered, this is gonna be one of those awkward runs isn't it.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

After running into the speed trap, decided I wasn't going to let that bedamned clapperclaw survive even a moment longer. 30 Hi-Potions and ten minutes later...

I fell into the pit too, if anyone is keeping track this year.

e: Dancer rounds out the cast.

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jun 15, 2014

Vhadka
Apr 30, 2009

Qwarq posted:

Another 10 game overs and a half hour of grinding later, Byblos is finally dead using only monks and berserkers (third job is Bard).

I had a berserker Galuf and a berserked monk Lenna in the front row hacking away at him while Bartz and Faris stayed back and kept everyone healthy enough to survive a wind slash. I was really lucky though. He was pretty conservative with his wind slashes, attacked mostly my back row guys and never used discord. That didn't stop him from getting me down to one living party member with 10 hp remaining though.

In short: gently caress Byblos.

Haha, monk/zerker/bard buddy. Been too busy watching the world cup to push through to Byblos. Gotta grind first, hit level 15 on my way to kill ifrit and level 5 death makes me sad.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Man, Ninja is awesome. I've never had an easier time with Sol Cannon. I just threw Thunder Scrolls at it until it died.

It got a single beam off.

I imagine Ninja is going to scale badly just like the rest of my party (monk and berserkers) and I'm going to pay for this sweet early game.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Come now! Look me in the eye and tell me - isn't this the face of a guy you can trust?
Lipstick Apathy

dis astranagant posted:

I hope you got the fire scroll off Liquid Flame.

Yes, which meant I was able to take down Byblos on the 4th try. He had more evasion than I remembered, but at least the Cannon should be easy enough now.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Vhadka posted:

Haha, monk/zerker/bard buddy. Been too busy watching the world cup to push through to Byblos. Gotta grind first, hit level 15 on my way to kill ifrit and level 5 death makes me sad.

Yeah, I almost went into the library at level 15 then said wait a minute, and spent a few minutes getting up to 16.

EllEssDee
Aug 20, 2008

Santa is a trip!
Oh nice, Ranger, this is looking like a nice team atm

White Mage/Berserker/Ranger/(Hopefully Chemist/Dancer)

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

MrAristocrates posted:

You have to steal them from skeletons in the ship graveyard.

Drop. Their only steal is a Potion nothing.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9SvD5DW9e0

What do you do when you have a large group of hard hitting enemies with the boss?

Make them not hard hitting. :v:

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
Final team is Thief/Berserker/Ninja/Chemist. So I'm half hosed and half cakewalk.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
And I fell into the speed trap.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
Can anybody suggest a good place to make money in World 1 without a thief? I'd like to get me some rings...

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

And I fell into the speed trap.

I JUST DID IT AGAIN!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Che Delilas posted:

Can anybody suggest a good place to make money in World 1 without a thief? I'd like to get me some rings...

Go kill Nakks in the forest by Karnak.

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005

EllEssDee posted:

Oh nice, Ranger, this is looking like a nice team atm

White Mage/Berserker/Ranger/(Hopefully Chemist/Dancer)

Pretty sure you're getting another berserker.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Like seriously I'm going to be paying for this soon, right?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Asiina posted:

Like seriously I'm going to be paying for this soon, right?

Nah. Well maybe, if you get Dragoon.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Samael posted:

Aw man, I currently have knight/zerker/geomancer as my jobs, I fear this is going to be one of those more difficult runs.

That doesn't sound too bad. Give your berserker and geomancer equip swords. Berserker is a slower harder hitting knight. Geomancer is a frail knight but hits just as hard. And Gaia is actually pretty useful at many points in the first and second world.

After that you got chicken knife, Excalibur, and blood sword.

Edit: I forgot rune chime+ magic lamp actually does decent damage in a geomancer's hand.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Jibo posted:

I got a second berserker.

Which I suppose I have to start using now.

I kinda want my berserkers to be dual wielding death sickles.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Edit:^^^^ living the dream.

Jibo posted:

Well then he could have his monk equip spears and actually deal damage.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Shwqa posted:

Edit:^^^^ living the dream.

Well then he could have his monk equip spears and actually deal damage.

I could give my monk and ninja equip axes.

7 DEATH SICKLES!

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Black Mage, Berserker, Ninja, Berserker. This should be fun.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBwN7aYu8uw

I tried, but sometimes you just have to smash a Rod.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Asiina posted:

I could give my monk and ninja equip axes.

7 DEATH SICKLES!

I don't think could is the right word. I think it is a must.

Monk/Berserker/Geomancer/Dancer is going to be a costly run. At least I'll have the vitality to get a couple people to survive Almagest when it comes down to it.

Zingih
Jan 2, 2013
Knight/Berserker/Time Mage/Berserker. Shouldn't be much trouble until Neo, that guy seems pretty tricky though. Wish I had some source of Shell.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Ah poo poo. I got white mage. Well, I think I'll try full whitemage legit, instead of doing one freelancer.

Not for long, mind you. I'll probably give up and freelancer it soon enough.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Shwqa posted:

That doesn't sound too bad. Give your berserker and geomancer equip swords. Berserker is a slower harder hitting knight. Geomancer is a frail knight but hits just as hard. And Gaia is actually pretty useful at many points in the first and second world.

After that you got chicken knife, Excalibur, and blood sword.

Edit: I forgot rune chime+ magic lamp actually does decent damage in a geomancer's hand.

Thanks for the tips! Do you have any help on the sandworm? !Gaia is useless against it and Berserker keeps hitting the holes and causing it to use gravity to wipe my party members.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Samael posted:

Thanks for the tips! Do you have any help on the sandworm? !Gaia is useless against it and Berserker keeps hitting the holes and causing it to use gravity to wipe my party members.

Kill your berserker and plink away at the worm, using your Geomancer to heal as necessary.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Dream is real.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Monk/Berserker/Knight so far. Looks like I might have to wait for Omniscient to run out of MP again! :suicide:

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Out of curiosity, what is the speed trap you guys keep referring to?

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
I registered for this with #berserkerrisk, but haven't started yet because I'm in the middle of FFX's postgame. Too bad I didn't hear until after regging that you need also #random to get multiple berserkers. :/

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

VisAbsoluta posted:

That drat open square in the southwest corner of the fourth or fifth floor of the Ronkan ruins that everyone (myself included) can't seem to avoid running directly into.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

VisAbsoluta posted:

One of the final screens in the Ronka ruins has a pit about 4 spaces south of the door you come out of. If you're not paying attention, you fall down a hole and need to traverse a couple rooms again.
e: beaten. Basically if you're auto-running, or auto-running with thieves dash, or fastforwarding, you're mildly inconvenienced.

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jun 15, 2014

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Asiina posted:

Dream is real.

Yessssss

Meanwhile the Death Sickle plus the Berserker ATB fix in the iOS version means that I one shot Cray Claw and Adamantoise immediately at the start of their battles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Yeah I had the choice between iOS and GBA for my first run this year, and rolling two berserkers chose iOS.

• Locked thread