Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

WastedJoker posted:

I've not even bothered with a second set for my guy.

If I even try to switch out assault for support abilities I lose too much dps.

Spellsinger is not as good as I thought it would be - it feels very middle of the road. Everything it can do can be done better by other builds?

I saw a Warrior 5 levels below me destroying a mob in a third the time it took me.

What are you running...? My only support ability is Runic Healing so I can heal up rather than carrying around food.

Quick Draw, Charged Shot, Gate, Wild Barrage, Rapid Fire, Ignite, Flame Burst, Runic Healing has worked tremendously well for me.
You spend the Spell Power to surge RF once and you can surge all 4 shots. It does tremendous damage.
I might swap Ignite off, it doesn't do enough while just killing regular mobs but I'm not sure what to replace it with yet. It's great in groups though, especially War of the Wilds when you have 10 million things on your screen later.'

edit; You're pressing R, right?

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jun 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrek
Jan 13, 2010

Meeeeeeeeehhh
I dunno 'bout that

WastedJoker posted:

I saw a Warrior 5 levels below me destroying a mob in a third the time it took me.

You seem to be doing something seriously wrong then. Warriors require some serious ramp-up time. It might not make a difference if it's 1 mob or 5 but on a per-pull basis, something they surely aren't is fast.

GulMadred
Oct 20, 2005

I don't understand how you can be so mistaken.

WastedJoker posted:

Emphasis on the singular. Your abilities are AOE (fairly large ones at that) and most will hit 5 targets. One of them can be specialized to hit 10 (!) targets. Try to pull together at least three enemies (by provoking them with basic attacks or DOTs) before activating a spell surge, then dump your long-cooldown abilities onto the enemy blob.

The 'R' toggle is admittedly a bit awkward, since you'll want to be able to use it while backpedaling or strafing. If you have a gaming mouse then you'll want to rebind it to a more convenient position.

Yes - it's annoying that you're forced to shepherd enemies together before starting a proper fight. But you need some downtime to recharge your spellpower between volleys anyhow, so you can spend that time using un-boosted basic attacks to pull mobs.

Or just find a melee buddy who's willing to pull mobs together in exchange for healing :)

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

GulMadred posted:

Emphasis on the singular. Your abilities are AOE (fairly large ones at that) and most will hit 5 targets.

"Hits up to 5 targets" is tacked on to almost every ability for every class, this is not something special. AOE is universal.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

How can I have negative amps?

This was not in an instance either.

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007
Do the different medals (bronze/silver/gold) you can get in dungeons do anything? I can't seem to find anything specific other than that they are required for attunements.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Lamquin posted:

Do the different medals (bronze/silver/gold) you can get in dungeons do anything? I can't seem to find anything specific other than that they are required for attunements.

Better gear drops at the end of the dungeon.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
deer carbean,

please add an air guitar emote for all races.

then, add one for chua where they start to shred their air guitar then thrash it onto the ground in some sort of thrash metal move, then roll their eyes sassily

tia in advance

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Regarding mob pulling, in my experience with Warrior it's almost always better to pull as many crappy enemies as possible and just mow them down because your crit rate isn't artificially inflated by things like Engineer or Medic tend to be, so you can only guarantee the crits needed to get Power Hitter stacks up by hit volume. Breaching Strikes procs are similar; pulling one enemy there's a chance it will not proc by the MoO, pulling two it's pretty reliable, pulling 3-5 you will basically always have CD problems instead of proc problems so you can just use it any time it's up. The autoattacks barely hurt and if there's any worry about it, use Defense Grid until you've pruned the numbers.

Warrior leveling is pretty dead simple and the payoff is actually nice. Lots of interrupts, and the best AMPs for damage are rep vendor and thus cheap and easily accessible. Now that my build has the points for Armor Shred and Kinetic Fury it's right back to rolling most things, and with Overdrive I've yet to fight anything that survives the Detonate damage and the second Rampage other than the big beefy enemies (who generally just die to the next Breaching Strikes). T8 Relentless Strikes and finishing off Power Link are about all I can do to push things harder.

Really the only issue with Warrior for leveling is the deadzone, which really small enemies rush into sometimes (and Grapple occasionally pulls people into it). Why a melee class has a deadzone while all the gun classes don't is beyond me.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jun 15, 2014

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
It's really stupid but if you think about it it's hard as hell to hurt someone with a big sword if they're pressing up against you. Not that it's any more comfortable if you're using a gun. :downs:

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Zephyrine posted:

All my officers ever did when I gave them responsibilities was demand more guild bank access and/or take handfuls of members to run off and try and start their own raid guilds.

I ran that Wow guild for 6 years. Never once did I have an officer I could trust. But I'm not acting the victim. I know officers need "wooing" to remain happy and fulfil their duties and I believe I failed in keeping them happy which is why they failed the Guild in return.

I don't want to sound like a dick, but Jesus just find less lovely people. Seriously, I've run a WoW guild off and on for almost 4 years now I believe (maybe 3) and we're the most laid back, chill people. I've even unsubbed and let the officers run things until WoD and everything is going smoothly. Sure, there are hiccups, but nothing like that. Then again our guild motto is "don't be a dick" and that's typically the only thing we heavily enforce. It helps that most of these people are people I've known for years but even the newer ones are good.

What does being an officer really entail anyway? Or a GM for that matter? Show up, get people to show up, kill some dudes, pass out some loot. Officers get to make a few judgment clals here and there, but you just toss the shitlords wiping your hands of them and go on about your business.

I may have the unicorn guild, though. It's nut how laid back everything is.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Kerrrrrrr posted:

So apparently Dark Matter is a dye that goes for 2+ platinum, but who gives a poo poo look how sexy I am

I got that in a boom box and it looks sexy as hell. Unfortunately it would practically bankrupt me to actually dye costumes :cripes:

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
Hey, so I tried to register a name on the goon site (same username, Direwolf) and it says it's sent the confirmation email but I never received it, even after "resending" twice. Could my account be manually authenticated by someone?

Black_Plague22
Apr 4, 2006
JA?!
If Null Zone is just going to aggro neutral guards if enemies are nearby I'm speccing out of it. I've died 3 times already just standing around Lopps.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

WastedJoker posted:

I've not even bothered with a second set for my guy.

If I even try to switch out assault for support abilities I lose too much dps.

Spellsinger is not as good as I thought it would be - it feels very middle of the road. Everything it can do can be done better by other builds?

My friend pvping with me in the 15-29 bracket is finishing BGs with 700k damage and 15 kills. Meanwhile the next highest person in damage is usually 400k with 7 or 8 kills. What level are you? As far as I can tell spellslingers seem to be the strongest class in the middle game.

It's aggravating as a stalker to have to get in to melee range just to hit for less damage (on only one target no less) than the spell slinger.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Welp, I hit the decor item cap, so here's the finished product (bar and restauraunt inside the ship):

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Bashez posted:

My friend pvping with me in the 15-29 bracket is finishing BGs with 700k damage and 15 kills. Meanwhile the next highest person in damage is usually 400k with 7 or 8 kills. What level are you? As far as I can tell spellslingers seem to be the strongest class in the middle game.

It's aggravating as a stalker to have to get in to melee range just to hit for less damage (on only one target no less) than the spell slinger.

Any half decent SS should pull top 1-2 dmg in the brackets. Pretty easy to stand from range and rain down hell. Plenty of escapes too.

Fajita Fiesta
Dec 15, 2013
Is there a good place to grind mobs to farm gold at 50?

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Rathi04 posted:

Has anyone else had a problem with the exile city Thayd completely killing the game? I can't spend more than 2minutes in the city without it having some memory error forcing a restart.

I'm having this problem, but only in Thayd. Ilium works fine. There's a cave in Algaroc that crashes me whenever I go in it, while I never crash in the zone outside of it, too.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

UK goons on the fence: Zavvi are selling the pre-order edition of the game for £22 in their Mega Monday sale.

allsizesfitone
May 7, 2007
People never notice anything.

whatspeakyou posted:

Welp, I hit the decor item cap, so here's the finished product (bar and restauraunt inside the ship):

Holy poo poo.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Seriously. gently caress the Medal system for adventures. I've been in 5 groups today and only completed 1 adventure because people just bail as soon as gold is off the table.

edit; Make that 6 and 1. Get into Malgrave Trail, tank immediately goes "gently caress this" and leaves :allears:.

I really like playing this game, but gently caress is it hard to actual get to play it.

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jun 15, 2014

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Auction House needs work bad. GW2 has spoiled me with their interface and ease.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Sab669 posted:

Seriously. gently caress the Medal system for adventures. I've been in 5 groups today and only completed 1 adventure because people just bail as soon as gold is off the table.

edit; Make that 6 and 1. Get into Malgrave Trail, tank immediately goes "gently caress this" and leaves :allears:.

I really like playing this game, but gently caress is it hard to actual get to play it.

It is a very stupid system to use for pubs. I LOVED WoW's challenge modes, and thought these would be similar. So far, it's just another barrier to entry. The only way to do Adventures/Dungeons seems to be with pre-mades which kind of sucks.

edit: Yeah. I really like the game, but it feels like one step forward, two steps back a lot of the time. They've got some great, original ideas mixed in with some ideas that are so bad I can't even see how they made it into their release.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I got that in a boom box and it looks sexy as hell. Unfortunately it would practically bankrupt me to actually dye costumes :cripes:

It only costs me a few silver to dye costumes, dunno what determines the price on it though.

I also found some sick claws to match:

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Spellslingers are amazingly good at pvp and leveling but their damage tapers off at endgame due to bad gear scaling.

They're still good in PvP due to their insane burst and they make really good healers, but their numbers in Genetic Archives are a bit on the low side. There aren't many fights that let slingers take advantage of their movement.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Fajita Fiesta posted:

Is there a good place to grind mobs to farm gold at 50?

Fiery Bluff in Malgrave, just north of Sandstone hold. Densely packed Hellion + Chompacabra spawns that respawn quickly. I can't speak for DPS pulls, but a stalker tank can round up 8-12 mobs at a time and just AOE anything down. All the mobs also drop Augmented Leather. Making about 50g/hour before vendoring greys & listing random stuff that drops on the AH.

Edit: It bears mentioning the above is assuming you're Elder Gem capped for the week, given that your XP converts to gold at that point.

AegisP fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jun 15, 2014

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Is there a place to get your science outfit if you accidentally sold a piece or two? :(

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

AegisP posted:

Edit: It bears mentioning the above is assuming you're Elder Gem capped for the week, given that your XP converts to gold at that point.

Wait whaaaaaat?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hello friends I have questions that aren't in the OP.

1. Do they sell timecards for this game? I don't access to a credit card at the moment, I've heard about the currency thing to buy time though, is that grindy in any form?

2. I love support classes, I assume medic is the way to go?

3. Do I really need a gaming mouse for this? I only have a regular one largely because the only MMO I play is Guild Wars 2 which doesn't require that many keys.

4. I have a good PC specs but my video card is an ancient GeForce440, will I be able to run this ok? I don't care about 60 FPS and super graphics, long as its playable.

The only MMO's I've played are PSO and the mentioned GW2, coincidentally I really like GW2, the exploration aspects and the active combat are very appealing for me, Wildstar seems like a mix of the two but on a large scale so I am quite interested.

Thanks to whomever takes the time to answer my questions.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Sab669 posted:

Wait whaaaaaat?

It was confirmed in an older post by the devs regarding the elder game system as a whole, but once you cap our your Elder Gem points, the XP you would gain from completing a quest (for instance, Crimson Badlands daily quests that reward 77s on their tooltip reward 2.5g if you're capped) or killing mobs is converted into currency.

This is pretty good for Crimson Badlands in particular, since doing the entire suite of dailies there when capped gives 50g or thereabouts.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

1. Do they sell timecards for this game? I don't access to a credit card at the moment, I've heard about the currency thing to buy time though, is that grindy in any form?
Not sure. You can get enough Plat to buy CREDD in a day, two tops. At current market value.

Every class can DPS and either Support or Tank.

3. Do I really need a gaming mouse for this? I only have a regular one largely because the only MMO I play is Guild Wars 2 which doesn't require that many keys.
I get by without one, and so can you.

4. I have a good PC specs but my video card is an ancient GeForce440, will I be able to run this ok? I don't care about 60 FPS and super graphics, long as its playable.
Not sure, game isn't particularly well optimized.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

Demiurge4 posted:

Is there a place to get your science outfit if you accidentally sold a piece or two? :(

Not yet, but IIRC someone from Carbine said they're looking into path vendors or something along those lines to give people a way to buy the specific costumes if they've accidentally vendored them.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

quote:

According to this graphics card comparison chart your geforce 440 is roughly equal to my ati7950 and I have just about everything turned up to the highest settings and in my single player experience so far have experienced steady framerate and no video issues.

I imagine if your CPU is from around that same time like mine is (intel core i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz, 2 cores), we'll have similar performance.

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jun 15, 2014

Syrek
Jan 13, 2010

Meeeeeeeeehhh
I dunno 'bout that
Have high quality sword textures:

Zoom out just an inch and have a low quality texture:

It's an incredibly autistic pet peeve but I can't unsee it ever.
My video card has 4gb of RAM, why are you doing this to me Carbine?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

whatspeakyou posted:

Can Carbine please make this a PvP map?!

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Demiurge4 posted:

I submitted a ticket about it and got the following response:

quote:

Hello Citizen of Nexus!

If you sold, salvaged or otherwise deleted your Path reward costumes, there is a resolution coming in the form of a vendor that sells Path costumes. This is planned to be released in the near future with an upcoming patch to the game. Please note, I do not have an estimated time for the release of this vendor. However, please keep an eye on the WildStar forums Game Updates section for any update notes that may include information regarding these vendors.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

Hello friends I have questions that aren't in the OP.

Your choices are Spellslinger, Medic or Esper. They all have differing playstyles so just roll each one and see which fits best. (They are all great healers.)

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Sedisp posted:

Man BGs would be great if we didn't have to deal with stupid pubbie bot af-

:suicide:

I missed this post yesterday but this lovely person is no longer in Goon Squad :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

Sab669 posted:

Not sure. You can get enough Plat to buy CREDD in a day, two tops. At current market value.

Do you have any tips for doing this?

• Locked thread