Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
I'm surprised at how many people are getting Monk/Berserker/Bard. Just finished Liquid Fire and got Bard, making that my team as well.

Time to grind a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vhadka
Apr 30, 2009

Way too many wipes and a dozen elixers later, Byblos dies to the same strat Qwarg used. He wasn't as nice to me though, started spamming wind slash near the end and hit my berserked monk with discord early. Got lucky as hell that he didn't use a wind slash just before the attack that finally killed him, since everyone was still below 250 hp due to them all being slowed. gently caress that boss and his ridiculous loving evade.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcUbTGx4pb0

Healing with Potions is not enough sometimes. :(

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

To anyone who still doubts that unbelievable power of Berserkers, herein is a list of bosses that my Bash Bros have killed on the first turn:

Missiles (One full set), D. Chimera, Half the Puroburos, Abductor, T. Rex (Still counts), Abductor 2, Hiryuu Plant, Enkidu.

There is naught but death awaiting thee. :black101:

Amgard fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jun 15, 2014

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Samael posted:

Thanks for the tips! Do you have any help on the sandworm? !Gaia is useless against it and Berserker keeps hitting the holes and causing it to use gravity to wipe my party members.

Like someone said kill your berserker. He only has a 1/8 chance of hitting the right target. Unless your level 70+, a berserker will just get wrecked by sandworm.

You might want to grind for a fire ring in world 1. The first blood sword is protected by a fire dragon which sounds like a massive rear end in a top hat with your team.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RJSuQyebPw

Not much to say here.

Blue Mages own

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Shwqa posted:

Like someone said kill your berserker. He only has a 1/8 chance of hitting the right target. Unless your level 70+, a berserker will just get wrecked by sandworm.

Pfft, I kept my zerker alive for the sandworm and it was fine. Sure, he actually hit the worm twice which is pretty good, but my team is monk/zerker/bard not monk/corpse/bard.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Replacing the Earth crystal job with a Berserker is just mean.

Knight/Berserker/Summoner/Berserker

Water team go.

Are there any viable strategies for Omega with this team? Right now all I can think of is a lot of grinding, having to luck out with the Dancing Dagger to get float on everyone, then equipping everyone with flame rings and summoning Ramuh.

I might just skip him on this run.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Joy, Monk and a guaranteed Berserker on Random mode. This is going to be interesting.

J. Alfred Prufrock
Sep 9, 2008
Just entered World 2 with Black Mage + Berserker + Knight + Beastmaster.

Two-Handed Death Sickle doing 1500+ damage each swing.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Seriously, gently caress Byblos.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

My jobs so far are Knight/Berserker/Ninja. Ninjas throw scrolls right? I remember there being a place where you could either buy or otherwise get them easily, but I can't recall exactly.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
You buy them in Butts' village which you can get to after you have the black chocobo.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Thanks to Time Mage we were fine! :)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Soul Cannon goes down in 9-10 Lightning Scrolls, for the record. It's fantastic.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Sprite141 posted:

Ah poo poo. I got white mage. Well, I think I'll try full whitemage legit, instead of doing one freelancer.

Not for long, mind you. I'll probably give up and freelancer it soon enough.

Just run 4 white mages. Get the flail from the ship graveyard and you're fine. Fights might seem long but with 4 people using cure and protect from the back row you're pretty much unkillable.

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

That's how it goes, right?
I was going to give this a go again, but I was wondering what versions of the game everyone is using? I'm sure I can locate a GBA copy no problems, but how is the PSOne Classics version? I have a Vita so that is an option for me that I would seriously consider - this being my favorite non-Tactics Final Fantasy.

Suggestions?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

sicarius posted:

I was going to give this a go again, but I was wondering what versions of the game everyone is using? I'm sure I can locate a GBA copy no problems, but how is the PSOne Classics version? I have a Vita so that is an option for me that I would seriously consider - this being my favorite non-Tactics Final Fantasy.

Suggestions?

I ran the PSX one last year and it was fine. It's definitely slower though, without frameskip and thiefless dashing.

I still think it has the best translation.

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

That's how it goes, right?

Jibo posted:

I ran the PSX one last year and it was fine. It's definitely slower though, without frameskip and thiefless dashing.

I still think it has the best translation.

Cool - I know emulation is generally the best option, but having it portable might encourage me to put a bit more time in and get it done faster since I can play from bed or whatever. And for $10 it's not like I'm signing away my soul.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Come now! Look me in the eye and tell me - isn't this the face of a guy you can trust?
Lipstick Apathy

Kyrosiris posted:

Thanks to Time Mage we were fine! :)

"I had a good feeling!"

EDIT: My final team is Monk/Berserker/Ninja/Samurai. Living the No 750 dream.

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jun 15, 2014

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Blue Mage/Berserker/Thief/Berserker. Team went to hell after the first two crystals but Blue Mage makes everything all right.

So... has anyone actually ever managed to steal the Gaia Hammer from Titan? I've been resetting for the better part of an hour now. :shepicide:

edit: got it! Didn't even take an hour. :shepface:

Star Platinum fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 15, 2014

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Ugh, I got past the fuckin' Earth Crystal boss but died to Manticore and now I have to do that annoying fight AGAIN because I forgot to save. gently caress. I'll get back to it later.

At least my Earth pull was Chemist. Monk/Summoner/Beastmaster/Chemist. Surprisingly easy ride so far, summon spam gets you hella far in this game. Also, I lucked out against Byblos by capturing something that insta-gibbed him when released. Awesome.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Star Platinum posted:

I've been resetting for the better part of an hour now. :shepicide:

Actual reset, or soft reset, or save/load state? If its the 2 latter, it'll never change since you're using the same RNG seeds.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Wowza are Jackanapes pieces of poo poo and so is the rng

let me run away you fucker

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008
Is anyone using a cloud service like drop box or onedrive for their runs? I want to have the option between playing on my desktop or my tablet, without manually copypasting each time. I've tried on drop box, but every time the files sync, my save wipes. I've gotten to ship graveyard 3 times now with 4 white mages. :negative:

Qwarq
Apr 3, 2009

Picked up another berserker for a final party of Monk/Berserker/Bard/Berserker. Magic? What's that?

I think it's time to invest in some Death Sickles. :black101:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Fuuuuuck my final team is Black mage/ Berserker/ Beastmaster / Berserker :argh: Guess ill give my berserker whips.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Very odd, I was going through getting the dragon grass, and every time I had the golem encounter, it was with the bone dragons attacking him. Even on the first few outdoor areas. I always thought the encounter to get him was on the last one or two outdoor sections. Since I couldn't use him, I didn't give a gently caress if that trolling jerk died or not.

Sadly, the last time the one dinosaur didn't hit him with the critical HP bone attack, so he didn't die by their, or my hands.

Vanilla Ice
Jun 13, 2002

Fuck The Eradicator
Final team: White Mage/Berserker/Ninja/Berserker about to leave world 1. Anyway have some suggestions on anything I should be doing strategy wise?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MrAristocrates posted:

Soul Cannon goes down in 9-10 Lightning Scrolls, for the record. It's fantastic.

Seriously, I've never had such an easy time with Sol Cannon.

Usually it's the boss where I have to employ some bullshit strategy like !hide while it fires but you only have enough time once every two cycles to come out, attack, and hide again.

judgementbringer
Oct 9, 2012
Just started my run. Turns out I got Blue Mage for my first job. This run is gonna be fun. :getin:
Hopefully it'll be more interesting than last year's run at least. I had White Mage, Black Mage, Berserker, Berserker. Which is, admittedly a competent team, but a pretty boring one.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Royal W posted:

Is anyone using a cloud service like drop box or onedrive for their runs? I want to have the option between playing on my desktop or my tablet, without manually copypasting each time. I've tried on drop box, but every time the files sync, my save wipes. I've gotten to ship graveyard 3 times now with 4 white mages. :negative:

Yeah, I've used both dropbox as well as Google Drive without issue. Maybe it's an issue with your sync options?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Lessail posted:

Wowza are Jackanapes pieces of poo poo and so is the rng

let me run away you fucker

I just realized I forgot to go back and get the second elven mantle before jumping into World 2.

Damnit.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
AAAAGH gently caress YOU BYBLOS. Had to grind up to level 18ish and get a bunch of lucky crits with !Focus. He only used Wind Slash once, too, which was awesome.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

I'm too slow on the screen capture, but Garula down! The fight wasn't so bad once I found out that protect lasts a while and focused on my flail user only attack while the others healed.

And my water job is berserker :negative:

Berserker risk was for multiple berserkers then?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So my final team is White Mage, Time Mage, Ranger, and Dragoon. I am fine with this, even some people don't like the dragoons that much. At least it a much needed offensive unit, especially so many boss fights with frails and breaking rods.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Lessail posted:

And my water job is beserker :negative:

Beserker risk was for multiple beserkers then?

One berserker is added to the pool for every $10 donated during pre-reg, and this year there were enough so that around half of us are guaranteed two. Every risker's water job is the berserker this year, at minimum.

My final lineup is Black, Zerker, Red, Zerker. Carry me, Dualcast!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Che Delilas posted:

One berserker is added to the pool for every $10 donated during pre-reg, and this year there were enough so that around half of us are guaranteed two. Every risker's water job is the berserker this year, at minimum.

My final lineup is Black, Zerker, Red, Zerker. Carry me, Dualcast!

I didn't sign up for a risk run so that's why I was asking. Guess I was just unlucky!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

My final team is Knight/Berserker/Ninja/Dragoon. Not sure how dragoon will play out, I've never used them before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

My final team is Knight/Berserker/Ninja/Dragoon. Not sure how dragoon will play out, I've never used them before.

Dual wield spears and jump forever. Yeah for mediocre damage!

• Locked thread