Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Quick, use the water orb! PUT OUT THE SUN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
Someone set the controls for the heart of the sun. :ohdear:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Like Jerkface won't magic them to safety whilst being passive aggressive about it

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Wait...what if the Nightmare Knight just put them in a Nightmare?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

TwoPair posted:

Quick, use the water orb! PUT OUT THE SUN.

Or... put a plug on the sun, whatever good that would do!

This would also be a good time to use the order a pizza spell since I doubt anyone's in the mood.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
Yes. It IS the perfect time for this.

I am very much looking forward to the conclusion.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Called it.

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
Oh my God, her face. This is why I love this comic.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
And just when you thought Nautilus wouldn't continue to remain the best character.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

cf.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cucumber Quest just went from #2 to #1 webcomic in my heart :allears:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
This is the best Chekhov's gun I've ever seen.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

TwoPair posted:

That was more like Chekhov's Noisy Cricket. Didn't look like much buuuuuut :v:

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!
Oh my god, Nautilus's face!
:iamafag:

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
...Nautilus...chapter...

NAUTILUS CHAPTER!

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
This latest comic is why this is on my reading list :allears:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

TwoPair posted:

I dunno, it kinda falls flat to me. They're randomly flying into the sun for no reason other than just to make this joke relevant and used as a escape. It'd work better if it was, like, a collapsing castle after a disaster master and they were trapped and trying to think of a escape. But this feels forced.

But we're not supposed to criticize gigi so :shrug:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gamerofthegame posted:

I dunno, it kinda falls flat to me. They're randomly flying into the sun for no reason other than just to make this joke relevant and used as a escape. It'd work better if it was, like, a collapsing castle after a disaster master and they were trapped and trying to think of a escape. But this feels forced.

I see where you're coming from if you choose to interpret the scene as setup for the joke, but I don't really see it that way. I think the whole flying into the sun scenario was less of a joke setup and really more of a setup to establish that Glitchmaster is not to be hosed with. The Disaster Masters seem to be shifting in general more towards insanity the further the party goes on the adventure (Splashmaster being goofy at the beginning to Noisemaster only losing it at the end to Glitchmaster popping up right at the beginning to try to murder everyone).

And as for the joke itself, while the collapsing castle would work fine, I think in this particular instance the more ludicrous the scenario in which it's used in, the funnier, and "flying into the sun pizza delivery" is pretty much the max on the ludicrous-ness scale I think.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I completely forgot about the pizza thing and thought she was going to start a limbo game. I can't tell if I should be disappointed or not.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

"I don't think this joke works as an escape. It would be better if it was used when they needed an escape." I'm not sure it would be any funnier than it already is. But it's perfectly fine not to enjoy everything about the comic - I don't think anyone is going to jump down your throat for daring to question the great and wise gigi.

chiefnewo fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Jun 15, 2014

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

I am suddenly extremely suspicious about this pizza.

TREMBLE, MORTALS, THE TRAVELLER HAS COME

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Dad Jokes posted:

I completely forgot about the pizza thing and thought she was going to start a limbo game. I can't tell if I should be disappointed or not.

I forgot about the pizza too, and thought we were about to do a musical number. No one would be in the mood for a jaunty space shanty while spiraling into the sun!

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
I really hope that Nautilus calls in an order and then asks everybody what they want on it.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Bunnymans. Nonononono! Catmans! and crabbros on half.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
For anyone who wants it:

[color="#681F10"]But there's one thing[/color] [color="#E15A44"]NOBODY'S[/color] [color="#681F10"]in the mood forrrr...!![/color]

The color tags don't work in forum posts but you get the idea.

Medenmath fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jun 15, 2014

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
You just know she's had this in the back of her mind ever since that day. Maybe they can hitch a ride home with the pizza guy?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I was also hoping for Limbo Time.

But this is even better.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

It's not gonna work cause Commander Caboodle actually is kinda in the mood for some pizza.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
What's this about pizza? Did I miss something?

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

BlackFrost posted:

What's this about pizza? Did I miss something?

It was mentioned a little bit earlier, but the spell Nautilus got on page 237 only works when nobody's in the mood for pizza.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

chiefnewo posted:

"I don't think this joke works as an escape. It would be better if it was used when they needed an escape." I'm not sure it would be any funnier than it already is. But it's perfectly fine not to enjoy everything about the comic - I don't think anyone is going to jump down your throat for daring to question the great and wise gigi.

I will!!
No seriously tho, I 'get' the feeling. Maybe the problem is that we spent exactly one strip worrying about bunnies crashing against the sun? Also I can't help but thinking "you amuse me, so I'm hurling you at the sun" is missing some steps of supervillain logic somewhere in the middle. Anyway, I'm totally in the mood for this pizza-themed escape.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Yo can you get anchovies on my bit, that'd be great.

Those. Expressions. Just fantastic.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Well at least the pizza won't be getting cold soon.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The boy's going to snap, isn't he?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Kabanaw posted:

I really hope that Nautilus calls in an order and then asks everybody what they want on it.
I love this comic guys.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This comic deserves some kind of "best reaction faces all the time always" award. Also: is anyone ever going to untie Commander Caboodle? He could probably knows how to handle space stuff like "suns" and stuff.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

theshim posted:

I love this comic guys.

Gigi confirmed to read the thread, either that or I just called out an extremely obvious joke.

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal

Kabanaw posted:

Gigi confirmed to read the thread, either that or I just called out an extremely obvious joke.

She usually has a buffer, so unless she time travels into the future and back to get ideas from her fans, proooobably not.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

WFGuy posted:

She usually has a buffer, so unless she time travels into the future and back to get ideas from her fans, proooobably not.

Gigi confirmed to have a time machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I think she used to read this thread but when someone posted the Jerkcity/Cucumber Quest mashup, that upset her.