Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Dragoons really aren't bad.

They're just boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
I pre-registered 2 weeks ago but now I want to unlock my first classes and the bot isn't responding to my tweets. What am I doing wrong?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

fruitpunch posted:

I pre-registered 2 weeks ago but now I want to unlock my first classes and the bot isn't responding to my tweets. What am I doing wrong?

You can look at the website under 'players'. It should have your wind job there.

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down

Hellioning posted:

You can look at the website under 'players'. It should have your wind job there.

Cool, got White Mage, delightful! Thanks!

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Che Delilas posted:

One berserker is added to the pool for every $10 donated during pre-reg, and this year there were enough so that around half of us are guaranteed two. Every risker's water job is the berserker this year, at minimum.

My final lineup is Black, Zerker, Red, Zerker. Carry me, Dualcast!

Was I told wrong about also needing #random to get 2? I hope I get 2.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Sol Cannon down! He only got one round off due to two-handing the Coral Sword to do about 1.5k per hit.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

This is never not funny.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

White Mage / Mystic Knight / Who cares about the rest I've won.

Nice to get dealt too classes I've never fiesta'd with so far.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

My run started off pretty frustrating with Thief/Berserker, but I just pulled Black Mage for my third random job, so things are looking up. I didn't bother killing off my Berserker for Living Flame, and I'm going to try keeping him alive for Sandworm. Wish me luck

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Hot drat, I was apparently the first person to score a 3-boss kill this year! :woop:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Archaeovis down! And I have Monk/Berserker/Knight/Berserker. WELP.

Rogue Lemon
Nov 15, 2012
Got Knight and Siren is down, so operation: stab everything is proceeding smoothly.

I'm actually using cover for almost the first time ever. It's so easy to never bother when you have a white mage.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Asiina posted:

Seriously, I've never had such an easy time with Sol Cannon.

Usually it's the boss where I have to employ some bullshit strategy like !hide while it fires but you only have enough time once every two cycles to come out, attack, and hide again.

Out of three normal playthroughs and around 12 or so FJF playthroughs my current Knight, Berserker, Summoner one is the first one to dust the cannon before it got a shot off. It only hit one level of charge. Two twohanded knights with coral swords, ramuh with a lightning rod, and a twohanded berserker with a death sickle and it didn't stand a chance.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kyrosiris posted:

Hot drat, I was apparently the first person to score a 3-boss kill this year! :woop:

Yeah that was really drat fast. I am barely in World 2.

Che Delilas posted:

This is never not funny.

This is amazing and if I ever get the opportunity to do this I will.

Skyelan
Sep 17, 2007

Final team is White Mage/Mystic Knight/Beastmaster/Dragoon. I know the first two are hella useful as the game goes on, but I dunno how much skill mixing is gonna be useful with this crew.

If nothing else I'm interested to have a Beastmaster, because I've never spent more than like, two battles using them before.

I've gotten to the final area of the game before, I'm hoping the Fiesta will push me to finally beat this game! Just flying about trying to remember important things to do before I hit up the meteors and wrap up the first world.

Skyelan fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 16, 2014

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Asiina posted:

Yeah that was really drat fast. I am barely in World 2.

Fast-forward helps a lot. I ended up with around 11 hours of gametime at Neo-Exdeath, and then 13:50 or so at Shinryu kill, since I Quickleaked Omega (which is about 2 hours real-time, about 15 minutes on fast-forward).

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Just killed Purobolos with Mage Mashers.

Yeah, they all got revived once, and then Faris and Lenna died when two out of three remaining self destructed while I was trying to revive them. Somehow Bartz managed to kill the last one while proccing silence! Every other time I got down to one left, it'd either die while not being silenced, or just self destruct and kill Bartz. They always knew to leave the Berserker for last...

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Che Delilas posted:

This is never not funny.

Fun fact:

That version of Gilgy isn't Heavy. :haw:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Asiina posted:

Dragoons really aren't bad.

They're just boring.

Yeah Dragoon is a good class, it just doesn't play well with others. Equipping Jump on another class is pretty much worthless since nobody else can equip spears for the double damage (aside from Dancer's Man Eater which is impossible in a Fiesta anyway), and spears are few and far between. The best spear you can get in world 1 is only obtainable with a Thief meaning you're stuck with the lightning-element Trident if you don't have a Thief, and the weak-rear end Mythril Spear if you're fighting something that absorbs lightning.

Like I said earlier I have a team of squishy mage types so a heavy armor/shield wearer that can do decent physical damage was welcome, though obviously Samurai would have filled that niche and been much stronger. Still, Gilgabot could've given me Dancer so I won't complain too much.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

KataraniSword posted:

Fun fact:

Yeah, it's a free win no matter what, so I tend to go for hilarity over efficiency.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Improbably enough, my Berserker has been my MVP throughout most of World 1 and 2 in my extra-strong party of Black/Berserker/Ranger/Samurai. Doom Axes has saved my rear end on a bunch of battles, and he managed to superstar his way through Crystal Guardians and Exdeath packing a Wall Ring. Swords Dance on a Berserker is extremely pleasing to pull off.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
Water crystal was Mystic Knight, Fire was Geomancer. Still waiting on Earth though...

Rogue Lemon
Nov 15, 2012
Knight / Berserker now.

Can Berserkers put all their HP to use and activate Cover since its a passive ability?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Rogue Lemon posted:

Knight / Berserker now.

Can Berserkers put all their HP to use and activate Cover since its a passive ability?

I actually don't think so, because Cover doesn't work under most loss-of-control abilities (including Sleep and Stop and such, but also Confuse) and I'm pretty sure Berserk stops it.

Axes can be Double Gripped, though. I recommend it.

Hylianbunny
Dec 31, 2007

TG: oh ok time travels involved
TG: thats all you needed to say everythings cool and under control then

White Mage/Summoner/Ninja/Mystic Knight.

This...is a marked improvement over last year's team. :black101:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

KataraniSword posted:

Fun fact:

Neither is the one on the boat! :v:

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

My first FJF and second playthrough of FFV. Slogged through my White Mage start just to unlock...Mystic Knight? :crossarms: But I registered with Berzerker Risk...?

It's 'berserker risk', with an 's' :ssh:

Always next year/next run, I guess.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Che Delilas posted:

Yeah, it's a free win no matter what, so I tend to go for hilarity over efficiency.

Percentage-based attacks are funny too. Got a Geomancer? You can hit him for 7500 damage!

You can also stunlock him with stop or paralysis and actually defeat him instead of letting him run away. IIRC he drops an elixir if you do this.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I beat the crystals by whittling them down with thrown scrolls and rushing them with Shurikens. However, I took off my Berserkers' weapons in the process to make it easier to keep track of how much damage I'd dealt.

What I'm saying is I'm probably gonna watching this old man in a bearskin punch a tree for like twenty minutes

judgementbringer
Oct 9, 2012

God, I love Blue Mage. :allears:
I got Berserker for my Water Crystal job, so chances are I'll get another one due to Berserker risk.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Hey the forums seem to be back.

This FJF I learned if you wait until after Xezat dies to go to Castle Surgate for the first time, you get different lines. It was kind of neat.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
So I accidentally tweeted #water instead of #wind, which the bot responded to. But then when I tried to get #wind or #MyJobs I get nothing. I think I may have derailed my tracking. fffff

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
So now I'm white mage/berserker/ninja/????

It really blows that I got the fire bow off that boss now

edit: also maybe get a mod to change the topic so it says that your wind job is on the players page of the main site

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

mango sentinel posted:

So I accidentally tweeted #water instead of #wind, which the bot responded to. But then when I tried to get #wind or #MyJobs I get nothing. I think I may have derailed my tracking. fffff

Check the players page on the website.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
During the forum outage, I fought the Gil Turtle:

This was a boring fight and I can't recommend that anyone else try it during a fiesta. I used the standard strategy against it- come in to the fight floating (due to casting Confuse on sting eagles) with everyone but the knight in low HP, have the knight Guard, and cast rod-boosted Ice 3 Blizzaga as often as possible. Except, since I had a red mage and not a black mage, Blizzara had to make do. As a result, the fight took twice as long as it usually does on a normal run.

I've wanted to do this fight during other fiesta runs, but never was able to, or only realized that I could fight it after having left the second world. Now, having defeated it, I never want to fight this enemy ever again.

Hedera Helix fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jun 16, 2014

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008
I just beat Garula with my 4 white mages. It only took an hour! I almost :suicide: when I accidentally heal-rodded him, undoing 10 minutes of plinking.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Thinking back on DD's run for the race (and the shenanigans regarding the Seal Guardians)... how exactly does one get Float status in World 2 without a Time Mage? It's not like Mighty Guard is available, and Gaelicats are back on the first world still.

Vhadka
Apr 30, 2009

And my earth job is dancer. Monk/Zerker/Bard/Dancer. 3 new classes compared to last year and another zerker. Barehanded berserker + berserk monk is kind of insane damage at least to this point though, even gets around the normal accuracy issues that come with using axes. And the bard completely shut down everything after picking it up with Romeo's Ballad, I can't believe how many things are vulnerable to stop so far, even Soul Cannon only got a single attack off since stop hit both launchers (and only missed killing the cannon before it attacked by 1 hit).

Not sure how to use a dancer yet, but at least I already have a ribbon.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Thanks! Got a blue mage. Any protips on stuff to get before I fight Queen Karnak's dumb fireform boss thing?

EDIT: I just went through a lot of effort to get Moon Flute not realizing it was allies only...

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jun 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

mango sentinel posted:

Thanks! Got a blue mage. Any protips on stuff to get before I fight Queen Karnak's dumb fireform boss thing?

Grab two Frost Rods (or one, if you kept the one from Carwen) and Liquiflame goes down like an utter chump. If you wanted to cheap the fight, that is.

Get Pond's Chorus from the Elf Toads in Worus Tower/Shiva's tower before you fight Garula; as long as you have one party member consistently casting it on him, he can't do anything to you and will spend all his turns casting Toad on himself to reverse it.

Vampire (from Steel Bats) is a reliable source of self-healing, and Aero (from Mold Winds) deals with Karlabos, Siren, and Magissa.

• Locked thread