Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Iwata should also never do a Nintendo Direct again, ever. At least for the US, just let Reggie do them.

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jun 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Yeah, even with all the good announcements Sony had guys like Boyes and that newcomer guy couldn't escape the awkwardness factor being onstage at points. At least in a digital event when you announce something underwhelming you aren't required to stand on stage for five seconds waiting for an applause that only happens because the audience can see you're waiting for them to applaud. If Tretton was still around he would have probably flooded the theater hall from nerve-induced sweat.

Yeah I think Nintendo's presentation was a lot better because there was no live audience. You had on-screen subtitles, and you got something that wasn't just a dude talking. In general, the less dude talking you have, the better.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Astro7x posted:

Iwata should also never do a Nintendo Direct again, even. At least for the US, just let Reggie do them.

Keep him, if only for the "directly to you" beginning. I do like hearing from the developers themselves. It's great to hear from people legitimately passionate about their work.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
He technically hasn't been in a Direct in any sort of speaking role since the one preceding the last three we've had. Since then we've only seen him in spirit (Smash Direct), Mii form (Tomodachi Direct), and anime fighting form (E3 Direct).

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Astro7x posted:

Iwata should also never do a Nintendo Direct again, ever. At least for the US, just let Reggie do them.
I'm sorry you can't understand mildly accented english.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Viewtiful Jew posted:

He technically hasn't been in a Direct in any sort of speaking role since the one preceding the last three we've had. Since then we've only seen him in spirit (Smash Direct), Mii form (Tomodachi Direct), and anime fighting form (E3 Direct).
This makes me wonder if his health issues (that prevented him from attending E3) have anything to do with that :ohdear:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

homeless snail posted:

I'm sorry you can't understand mildly accented english.

I understand Iwata better than some Australian/British speakers, tbh.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Astro7x posted:

Iwata is so much more charismatic than reggie, what the gently caress is wrong with you

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
What about the $333 Windwaker bundle?

Or should I wait for a Smash bros/next Zelda bundle (2015~)?

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Thisuck posted:

The Wind Waker bundle has been $300 since like forever, if you pay more than that you're getting ripped off. But it's a great bundle because Wind Waker is a great game, and absolutely gorgeous to look at.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Zachack posted:

No that's loving retarded because everything in that presentation is next year, so just wait until then when Iwata is handing out free Reggie blowjobs and a 2DS with each $100 WiiU. Unless you just gotta put on the klan hood now and start playing those whites-only games because that MK roster may as well say "no coloreds" on it.

Ok Aatrak.

I read the first word of your post and I can tell that you are a total fag

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Now I read the rest of it and I guess I was right.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Captain Toad comes out this year so his opinion is invalidated.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Thisuck posted:

The best deals are the $200 refurbished deluxe model from Nintendo directly or the Mario Kart Bundle because you get a free game with Mario Kart, which you can use for Windwaker.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Where do you get a free game with the Mario Kart bundle, I'm looking at amazon right now and don't see that.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Jackie D posted:

Where do you get a free game with the Mario Kart bundle, I'm looking at amazon right now and don't see that.

you register it with club nintendo (there should be a slip with a code in the MK box) or if you buy it digitally i think it does it automatically.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
You get loyalty points which you can buy eshop games with.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Starhawk64 posted:

Achievements are overrated anyway. Back in my day we played games because it was fun and didn't need some popup telling us we accomplished something. :bahgawd:

And maybe not a new Gamecube, but something akin what M$ and Sony are making, a powerful HD system with a traditional and sane gamepad, no stupid gimmicks like the Wiimote.

Hmm. THe Wii U is HD, powerful, and has a traditional and quite good gamepad, plus much better 'gimmick' controllers than the similar but much worse offerings Microsoft and Sony tried. Are you a blind dead retard?

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Zachack posted:

No that's loving retarded because everything in that presentation is next year, so just wait until then when Iwata is handing out free Reggie blowjobs and a 2DS with each $100 WiiU. Unless you just gotta put on the klan hood now and start playing those whites-only games because that MK roster may as well say "no coloreds" on it.

Ok Aatrak.

There are a number of games mentioned in the presentation, which are coming out this year. Is this forum infested with blind deaf retards?

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Hat Thoughts posted:

Nintendo doing the same thing as Microsoft and Sony and making extremely user-friendly PC's without any of the manufacturing benefits those companies have that makes the process cheaper/easier does not seem like a good idea, at all!

That's what's so insane about what the blind deaf retards in this thread actually think!

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

conceitedguy posted:

There are a number of games mentioned in the presentation, which are coming out this year. Is this forum infested with blind deaf retards?

Yes. Why would you ask?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So was the rumor true about NOJ letting NOA do it's own thing or not? Maybe it will come up when they have that Super Huge Big Important meeting this month.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Going to assume some elderly Japanese men didn't decide to bring in Mega 64 to plus up their digital event.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Astro7x posted:

Going to assume some elderly Japanese men didn't decide to bring in Mega 64 to plus up their digital event.

Obligatory reminder that Reggie and Iwata are only like 2 years apart in age.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

Stux posted:

home office probabably
it's pretty sad when a shitposter has to defend himself

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Before the PS4 and Xbox One came out, people said that the WiiU had squandered their year long lead. But now the WiiU has good games and the Xbox One and PS4 won't until like, holiday 2015.

So I guess people thought the WiiU was exceptionally bad, but all the new consoles are poo poo for a year and a half after release.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

Before the PS4 and Xbox One came out, people said that the WiiU had squandered their year long lead. But now the WiiU has good games and the Xbox One and PS4 won't until like, holiday 2015.

So I guess people thought the WiiU was exceptionally bad, but all the new consoles are poo poo for a year and a half after release.

The PS4 and X-Box One will have a shitload of games this holiday season. Not that many exclusives but a shitload of games.

In October alone the PS4 will have:

Skylanders (for kids, but kids buy poo poo)
Alien: Isolation
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Driveclub
Shadow of Mordor
Tropico 5
NBA 2K15
NBA Live 15
Evolve
Samurai Warriors 4
Just Dance 2015
Evil Within
Assassin's Creed: Unity
WWE 2K15

and probably other stuff to be announced.

To put that into perspective:
The PS4 has more big-name titles coming out on October 7th by itself than the Wii U has for the rest of the year.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jun 16, 2014

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ImpAtom posted:

The PS4 and X-Box One will have a shitload of games this holiday season. Not that many exclusives but a shitload of games.

I mean good games

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

I mean good games

Not every game on that list is going to turn out to be good but enough are that it still dwarfs the Wii U's output.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Video games are fun

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Nothing but positive reactions from this years E3, from Nintendo. The others? well, errr, um....

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ImpAtom posted:

Not every game on that list is going to turn out to be good but enough are that it still dwarfs the Wii U's output.

Who gives a poo poo about output, the WiiU has more good exclusive games than the PS4 or the Xbox One(exclusive also counting games that are shared by the latter two but not the former) and probably will continue to do so for awhile. Eventually the PS4 will almost definitely surpass The WiiU, and The XBoX One might as well because it's gonna share so many titles with the PS4. But The WiiU is the better console right now, and will still be for awhile.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

"Destiny Beta (lol) Testing: How Are You 'Feeling' Our Game?"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Anime Device posted:

Nothing but positive reactions from this years E3, from Nintendo. The others? well, errr, um....
Yeah but that was before everyone realized WWE 2k15 was not coming to the Wii U.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Splatoon for next Smash. Ahh, who else could really ask for that?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The fact is not every Xbox One and PS4 release is going to get a PC release. So you're going to have to make a choice between PS4 and Xbox One for a good number of games. For example Kingdom hearts will never get a digital release on Steam unless hell freezes over.

And you can tout the Wii-U exclusives but they didn't bother to show all the excusive Atlus/Sega games that are coming to the PS3 and PS4. Sony's primary strength has always been the second and third parties and Atlus is a pretty big one.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
the ps4 is cool because im a shameless consumer sheep who buys the new mlb the show every year

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

The fact is not every Xbox One and PS4 release is going to get a PC release. So you're going to have to make a choice between PS4 and Xbox One for a good number of games. For example Kingdom hearts will never get a digital release on Steam unless hell freezes over.

And you can tout the Wii-U exclusives but they didn't bother to show all the excusive Atlus/Sega games that are coming to the PS3 and PS4. Sony's primary strength has always been the second and third parties and Atlus is a pretty big one.

I am looking forward towards Personal Q.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Taint Reaper posted:

"coming to"

You stupid shits, I already said the PS4 will eventually be the better console. And you can't count PS3 games in the PS4's favor, because it's not backwards compatible. But the WiiU is. So if you include all the good titles from the Wii's catalog, it's take even longer for the PS4 to have a better line-up than the WiiU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Monicro posted:

the ps4 is cool because im a shameless consumer sheep who buys the new mlb the show every year

It's number 1 draw are the sports games. Like there was an even split last gen between the 360 and PS3, but it's now like 70-80% of sports people who have a ps4 and hardly anyone for the Xbox one.

boom boom boom posted:

"coming to"

You stupid shits, I already said the PS4 will eventually be the better console. And you can't count PS3 games in the PS4's favor, because it's not backwards compatible. But the WiiU is. So if you include all the good titles from the Wii's catalog, it's take even longer for the PS4 to have a better line-up than the WiiU.

New PS3 games are still being made in the year 2014 and the year 2015.

No new Wii games have been made in over a year now.

• Locked thread