Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I wish I had a more solid access to classic Nancy to counteract Gilchrist's pablum but:

(click for big)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

corn in the bible posted:

If they were going to fake the time anyway, why isn't the guy in the photo and not his wife? What the hell does that photo prove? Why did they need to fake an alibi for someone who didn't commit the murder anyway?

Not to mention his only evidence the photo is reversed is "The bracelet is on the opposite leg that it's currently on" like it's impossible to switch the bracelet to the other leg for whatever reason.

The more I think about this strip the more it annoys me.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Why is he even 8 bit? I've completely lost track of what is even supposed to be happening in ZNJ. I am just not getting this strip.

The more I see people talk about ZNJ, the more convinced I am that I made the right choice to stop reading it after five strips.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Ripley's

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

The Phantom

Pickles

Sunday Rip Haywire

Classic Prince Valiant

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

GorfZaplen posted:

Classic Prince Valiant

Aw, cool! I'm secretly hoping that he's just met Aleta for the first time. Thanks for posting these oldies, they're awesome!

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

HARV is getting naked because he was taken over by the movie star's house AI - who was nearly naked. See, you thought the arc was wrapping up, but there's a huge twist. ZNJ is the best!

mtomato
Oct 22, 2012

Nenonen posted:

Are you trying to out-Danger Danger himself here? If you mirror that clock then it's 9:05 and the hour hand points slightly above nine as it should.

poo poo, you're right. I wasn't thinking straight. Sorry.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Great Moments in Rock 'n' Roll

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
Can anyone actually read the text in Great Moments in Rock N Roll? I can't, not even with my bifocals on. :ohdear: The art is kind of nice, though.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Dunno why but I like Emmy Lou

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I can read it fine. The freehand lettering gets a bit cramped at points, but I find it easier to read than some of the text in other things we've seen. Like Sylvia.

This is not an invitation to post Sylvia.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Twelve by Pies posted:

The more I see people talk about ZNJ, the more convinced I am that I made the right choice to stop reading it after five strips.

To be honest, you shouldn't have bothered reading it at all.

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Those kids are going to win the secret about how to hit on women with 100% success.

Lost Side of Suburbia

Are we wrapping up the story already? That seemed quick.

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

For once, I actually agree with Inspector Danger on this one. Keep your eyes on the road, Alfie, especially when it's raining like that.

Wanamingo fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jun 15, 2014

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

bonestructure posted:

Can anyone actually read the text in Great Moments in Rock N Roll? I can't, not even with my bifocals on. :ohdear: The art is kind of nice, though.

It gets a little clearer as it goes along, but the early scans posted online...eesh. The later scans get more legible, though it's still handwritten. I've actually skipped the very earliest stuff and am trying to stick to strips that are clearer.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I don't think I really understand Lost Side of Suburbia. What's going on with all these weird animal people? Last time I remember reading it it was about, you know, humans and stuff.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

I don't think I really understand Lost Side of Suburbia. What's going on with all these weird animal people? Last time I remember reading it it was about, you know, humans and stuff.

That story ended. This is a new one which is pretty much League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, but with animals.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I wish I had a more solid access to classic Nancy to counteract Gilchrist's pablum but:

(click for big)

Have another one.

Nancy used to be pretty surreal.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Don't you mean...Obama? :smuggo:

Mary Worth

Olive's mother, seen here wearing her alien symbiote.

Rex Morgan MD

Whatever, Brooke.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Allen Wren posted:

"Hey can we stop by Rosedale, it's only a little further and I know exactly what I'm looking for, it's only gonna take 10-15 minutes altogether" comes to mind but dumb teenagers I guess.

I actually kind of miss the days when you had to hunt down your records physically. I have many fond memories of finally finding that elusive one in a rickety shop held together by posters, on school trips abroad or even in a regular chain store that hasn't cleaned out its inventory in a while. But then, those are memories of finding them. The other day I searched what felt like every shop in London for a particular one without seeing so much as one by the same band, and being able to get the bloody thing off youtube has its merits.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Say Nothing posted:

Have another one.

Nancy used to be pretty surreal.

Bushmiller's ultra-simplistic/formal art is really what sells the whole thing, I wish I could buy a Nancy panel blown up all huge like a Warhol print.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

If I remember right, it's supposed to be events in the history of the swamp where the first story took place.

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005

Cats and dogs cannot understand music, it's just noise to them. Although in this man's opinion that rock n roll garbage is all noise anyways.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Allen Wren posted:

Keep posting these! And yeah, Chairs Missing really is that good.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

The MSJ posted:

If I remember right, it's supposed to be events in the history of the swamp where the first story took place.

...Wait, maybe the serum has something to do with it?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

As soon as I read panel one I said to myself "insurance fraud". Who other than a criminal would insure their valuable possessions?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Tiggum posted:

As soon as I read panel one I said to myself "insurance fraud". Who other than a criminal would insure their valuable possessions?
And also because it's an Inspector Danger comic with only one suspect.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Redeye Flight posted:

...Wait, maybe the serum has something to do with it?

I think its just something of a side story, that has a few little nods to the other tales. Also, where the hell did Toto go?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Wanamingo posted:

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Maybe if they repeat this joke some more it'll start being funny.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Dr. Video Games 0081 posted:

Cats and dogs cannot understand music, it's just noise to them.

Oddly enough, though, parrots can.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Oh, hey... the forums are back in the world of the living, cool!

Jane's World

I'm assuming she's bait in order to put Chelle in the same situation as Jill?

Non Sequitur

What?

Heavenly Nostrils is the 15th.'s...

Kliban

:v:

9 Chickweed Lane 6/16/2003

Yeah, good luck with that. I tried that once with one of our cats and my forearms ended up pretty much shredded. Now I let the vet deal with the personal blood loss. And Juliette's top is just... I don't know...

Zits

Ah, the old "Superfund Site in the sideyard" syndrome.

Kevin & Kell

Whatever.

Ew.

E: oops, duped Zits, fixed.

BlankIsBeautiful fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jun 16, 2014

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Gosh I hope this works:
Cul-de-sac

The Creeps

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Oh, hey... the forums are back in the world of the living, cool!

I though I was going to squeeze Sunday under the line last night, but no such luck.

Skippy (March 28, 1927)

Peanuts (June 18-19, 1967)

And with that interlude out of the way, Schulz shows these other amateurs how you're supposed to do human misery in four panels. :allears:

Funky Winkerbean

Honeymoon? With palm trees? On a Montoni's wait staff salary?

Anyway, bring on the next round of Les Moore and the most important screenplay in the world!

Shooting a pilot? Are we doing a crappy basic cable movie or a crappy basic cable series?

Classic Popeye Sunday Monday (c. 1942)

And now, The Other Popeye.

Rip Haywire

Pogo, in which Walt Kelly continues his sideways tribute to an emotionally complicated flying brick. (June 8, 1969, and yes, the dailies are still on the way; I mucked things up really nicely on this end.)

First-Gen Blondie: And speaking of getting things hopelessly gummed up... (c. 1942)

Out Our Way (February 16-17, 1925)

The lighter side of rooting for your child as he beats another one within an inch of his life!

Just in case you thought Williams was done with this character... :rolleyes:

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jun 16, 2014

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

I thought this was a TV movie, not a series?

Also, table reads are good. They're the first part of the filming process. They mean everything's been cast.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Classic Monty

Mike du Jour

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

EasyEW posted:

Anyway, bring on the next round of Les Moore and the most important screenplay in the world!

Shooting a pilot? Are we doing a crappy basic cable movie or a crappy basic cable series?

I thought it was a major release movie? And isn't doing a table read part of any production?

Anyway, the misery is starting to leak into Ham Shears.

It's probably leaking into The Dinette Set too, but it's hard to tell.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Indolent Bastard posted:

Classic Monty

Mike du Jour

Since you're posting classic Monty's, can you also replace modern Mike du Jour's with some classic MduJ's, from 2011 or earlier when it was actually funny?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Mehuyael posted:

Since you're posting classic Monty's, can you also replace modern Mike du Jour's with some classic MduJ's, from 2011 or earlier when it was actually funny?

But Cricken_Nigfops is already posting Cul De Sac?

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jun 16, 2014

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

ComradeCosmobot posted:

But Cricken_Nigfops is already posting Cul De Sac?

Post CDS twice instead of Mike is what I'm saying.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Can't help but wonder which real persons inspired Thornhump.

It's a regular Axis.

Calvin And Hobbes

DOGG

Ripley's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

- How did tuning your car go?
- Pretty nicely, I went over myself!
- Oh right the handbrake, aaagh!

"I exceeded/surpassed myself", technically. Would've been at least a bit funnier without the speech bubble in the second panel.

Fok_It

A crop top is a "belly button shirt" in Finnish, so I kinda worked around that.

• Locked thread