Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Taint Reaper posted:

New PS3 games are still being made in the year 2014 and the year 2015.

No new Wii games have been made in over a year now.

Yeah, the PS3 is a better system than the WiiU, that's not what anyone has ever been talking about you fucing moron. Because the PS4 isn't backwards compatible. So PS3 games have nothing to do with a comparison of the WiiU and the PS4.

PS3 now > PS4 in 2017 > Wii U now > PS4 now

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jun 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Are you that desperate to play Borderlands 2-0.5? gently caress the PS3, are you crazy?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

Yeah, the PS3 is a better system than the WiiU, that's not what anyone has ever been talking about you fucing moron. Because the PS4 isn't backwards compatible. So PS3 games have nothing to do with a comparison of the WiiU and the PS4.

PS3 now > PS4 in 2017 > Wii U now > PS4 now

A console's future-proofing is also part of its worth. The Wii U is a bad console because it has none. It has no third party output, very little in the way of upcoming games, and both the PS4 and X-Box One will have a larger and more varied selection of games before the year is out. They may not be exclusive but they also are, with rare exceptions, not appearing on the Wii U either.

The Wii U's strength is a good selection of Nintendo exclusives which are completely worth playing but do not actually bolster the system's sales worth. In terms of being a second console for someone who owns either a next-gen console or a gaming PC, it isn't a bad investment, but the system isn't priced competitively enough for that.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Jun 16, 2014

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Anime Device posted:

Nothing but positive reactions from this years E3, from Nintendo. The others? well, errr, um....

Yes, if you look at people desperate to spin it for Nintendo. If not, most are saying their conference was the same goddamn poo poo, but this time while ripping off others hand over fist, and desperatly buying up the utter dregs of titles killed off last gen as a last ditch effort to say "SEE? WE HAVE THIRD PARTY SUPPORT! WE'RE STILL COOL!"

For fucks sake, the big highlight that every fan talks about from Nintendos E3 is a game that would be put in the indie trailer reel for either of the other consoles.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ImpAtom posted:

A console's future-proofing is also part of its worth. The Wii U is a bad console because it has none. It has no third party output, very little in the way of upcoming games, and both the PS4 and X-Box One will have a larger and more varied selection of games before the year is out. They may not be exclusive but they also are, with rare exceptions, not appearing on the Wii U either.

The Wii U's strength is a good selection of Nintendo exclusives which are completely worth playing but do not actually bolster the system's sales worth. In terms of being a second console for someone who owns either a next-gen console or a gaming PC, it isn't a bad investment, but the system isn't priced competitively enough for that.

What's coming up for the PS4? rereleases of Last of us and GTAV in the near future, and MGSVTPP, Uncharted 4, and whatever Blood Borne is, comin 2015ish maybe?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

What's coming up for the PS4? rereleases of Last of us and GTAV in the near future, and MGSVTPP, Uncharted 4, and whatever Blood Borne is, comin 2015ish maybe?

I posted a list last page of the games coming to the PS4 in October alone. v:shobon:v

There isn't a ton of stuff that is exclusive to the PS4 but there is a ton of stuff that is coming to the PS4 and other systems but not the Wii U.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jun 16, 2014

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ImpAtom posted:

I posted a list last page of the games coming to the PS4 in October alone. v:shobon:v

I mean games that have the potential to be new, memorable experiences, not another Call of Duty or Basketball 17 or How to Train Your Dragon 2 the Game.

Games that offer the potential of being preferable to staring at a wall in a dark room.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

I mean games that have the potential to be new, memorable experiences, not another Call of Duty or Basketball 17 or How to Train Your Dragon 2 the Game.

Games that offer the potential of being preferable to staring at a wall in a dark room.

Quite a few of those have a fair bit of potential. Also if that is the argument you're making than the Wii U's list looks even worse.

I mean I'm looking forward to Smash Brothers but "new, memorable experience" is not what I'd say about that. Neither is Bayonetta 2 (also gonna buy, also is seriously straight-up More Bayonetta) or Captain Toad (the minigame from 3D World expanded into a full game), Hyrule Warriors (Dynasty Warriors), Yarn Yoshi (plays very much like Yoshi's Island with some Kirby's Epic Yarn mechanics). None of those are bad games from what I've played of them but they're not reinventing the wheel in any particular way.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Jun 16, 2014

Crap
Nov 3, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Not every game on that list is going to turn out to be good but enough are that it still dwarfs the Wii U's output.

*in incredibly gay voice* i need a constant stream of mediocre 30 hour games to satisfy me, i want an endless supply of poo poo to buy, buying one really good game every 3 or so months is stupid because then i can't keep shoveling poo poo into my face

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

catdynamite posted:

*in incredibly gay voice* i need a constant stream of mediocre 30 hour games to satisfy me, i want an endless supply of poo poo to buy, buying one really good game every 3 or so months is stupid because then i can't keep shoveling poo poo into my face

This would be a lot less hilarious of the next big Wii U game wasn't literally a Dynasty Warriors game.

If Nintendo was putting out games at the rate of one really distinctive, interesting and unique experience once every three months, they'd probably be in better shape than they are now. The next big title they're putting out is seriously straight-up the kind of game that is coming regularly to every console but with Zelda taped to it. It's not even like you can argue they'll put their own spin on it because it is literally the same guys making the game as the rest of the Dynasty Warriors games. It'll probably be a fine Dynasty Warriors game but come on.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jun 16, 2014

Crap
Nov 3, 2012

and then a month later bayonetta 1 and 2

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

catdynamite posted:

and then a month later bayonetta 1 and 2

Which is literally the reason I bought a Wii U and I'm looking forward as hell to, but is like the one thing the system has going for it for it until they announce an actual release date for Smash. I'm also not foolish enough to think Hair Stripper With Guns 2: This Time She Has A Robot is going to sell many more copies that Wonderful 101 did or that it is a blip on the radar for anything but an extremely niche crowd.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

catdynamite posted:

Your Stupid Bitches gang tag is incredibly accurate. There are fanbases for almost all of the games on that list and, judging by the amount of talk Watch Dogs for Wii U was getting prior to its wet fart release on other consoles, the Wii U audience would have been quite happy to get a game like Drive Club or AC: Unity. Even those sports games have loyal audiences that just are not served at all by the Wii U.

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.
Ahh, yes, if it has a fanbase, surely it must be good.

This is why the XBone and WiiU are good you see.

Monicro posted:

the ps4 is cool because im a shameless consumer sheep who buys the new mlb the show every year

the show is a good game though.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

ImpAtom posted:

In October alone the PS4 will have:

Skylanders (Wii, Wii U, XBox 360, XBox One, PS3, PS4)
Alien: Isolation (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC)
Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC)
Driveclub (PS4)
Shadow of Mordor (PS3, PS4, XBox 360, XBox One, PC)
Tropico 5 (PS4, XBox 360, PC)
NBA 2K15 (PS3, PS4, XBox 360, XBox One)
NBA Live 15 (PS4, XBox One)
Evolve (PS4, XBox One, PC)
Samurai Warriors 4 (PS3, PS4, Vita)
Just Dance 2015 (Wii, WiiU, PS3, PS4, XBox 360, XBox One, PC)
Evil Within (PS3, PS4, XBox 360, XBox One, PC)
Assassin's Creed: Unity (PS4, XBox One, PC)
WWE 2K15 (PS3, PS4, XBox 360, XBox One)

and probably other stuff to be announced.

And I added the systems to that list of games as well. The only exclusive of that whole list is Drive Club. 9 of those games are going to be available for the PS3 as well, 8 for the PC, 11 for the XBox One, and 2 for the Wii and Wii U.

Not saying the PS4 doesn't have good games coming out for it, but they did not show me a reason at E3 to pick a PS4 this year over the XBO, PC, or even to upgrade from my PS3 since so many games are available for it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
None of this matters because Captain Toad is going to be game of the year.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

elf help book posted:

None of this matters because Captain Toad is going to be game of the year.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Confirmed features of Captain Toad Treasure Tracker:
When it's cold out and you stand still too long, Captain Toad will shiver
If you lay on a bed, Captain Toad will take a toad nap
Toady Things

Hopeful features of Uncharted 4:
Nathan Drake dies so they can stop making those turds

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

ImpAtom posted:

The PS4 and X-Box One will have a shitload of games this holiday season. Not that many exclusives but a shitload of games.

Skylanders (for kids, but kids buy poo poo)
Alien: Isolation
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Driveclub
Shadow of Mordor
Tropico 5
NBA 2K15
NBA Live 15
Evolve
Samurai Warriors 4
Just Dance 2015
Evil Within
Assassin's Creed: Unity
WWE 2K15

and probably other stuff to be announced.

To put that into perspective:
The PS4 has more big-name titles coming out on October 7th by itself than the Wii U has for the rest of the year.

those games all suck poo poo you dumb rear end

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Tropico 5 is a good game.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Fulchrum posted:

Yes, if you look at people desperate to spin it for Nintendo. If not, most are saying their conference was the same goddamn poo poo, but this time while ripping off others hand over fist, and desperatly buying up the utter dregs of titles killed off last gen as a last ditch effort to say "SEE? WE HAVE THIRD PARTY SUPPORT! WE'RE STILL COOL!"

For fucks sake, the big highlight that every fan talks about from Nintendos E3 is a game that would be put in the indie trailer reel for either of the other consoles.

nobody is saying it was the same old poo poo except for complete retards. Hello

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Suspicious Dish posted:

who the gently caress is buying console versions of it lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Suspicious Dish posted:

yeah its exactly the kind of game i want to play on a console.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

are you all braindead? jesus christ

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im surprised to learn nba live 15 actually exists

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Cliff Racer posted:

Your Stupid Bitches gang tag is incredibly accurate. There are fanbases for almost all of the games on that list and, judging by the amount of talk Watch Dogs for Wii U was getting prior to its wet fart release on other consoles, the Wii U audience would have been quite happy to get a game like Drive Club or AC: Unity. Even those sports games have loyal audiences that just are not served at all by the Wii U.

you suck dude

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

suck the poo poo out of my butthole

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Cliff Racer posted:

Yes and all of those people are retarded

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I'm glad to learn that PS4 is actually the best console ever (if you enjoy eating trash)

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

everyone who actually ever thought watch dogs was going to be good at any point in its development cycle, can you please paypal me money? because i am physically disabled and unable to work and also i have cancer. i need to make rent

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Yoshi's Epic Yarn and Kirby Gumby looks better than Far Cry 4

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

I am on my phone. I am not scrolling this poo poo.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Fulchrum posted:

And yet I want to play it a lot more than I do any of the other games on any of the other consoles.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
For real though, Nintendo's E3 was their best in years and destroyed both Sony's and MS's because their digital event was entertaining and the Treehouse demoing catered to the 21st century by streaming online the whole time they did it. That, and they catered to fans by holding a Smash Bros tournament which supposedly garnered a massive number of views compared to other E3 streams. It was kinda surreal since you'd expect something like this to come out of Sony or MS.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Fulchrum posted:

Fulchrum posted:

Well, I could point out you're comparing the peak results of the Dreamcasts established hardware versus the new hardware of the Ps2, but I was talking more in terms of gameplay. The Ps2 was when games made the true transition from an attempted emulation of the console experience to a more fully realised idea of console games as an experience meant not just to amuse, but to really sink ones teeth into. Lets compare the way the two consoles approached puzzle games. The Dreamcast gives us Chu Chu Rocket - colourful, simple, cartoony. Gaming equivalent of candy. The Ps2 gives us Ico. Artistic, hauntingly beautiful, impactful in the way no game before it could have been. Gamings ambrosia.

dataisplural
Oct 27, 2013

a stream of poo and urine

ImpAtom posted:

The PS4 and X-Box One will have a shitload of games this holiday season. Not that many exclusives but a shitload of games.

Skylanders (for kids, but kids buy poo poo)
Alien: Isolation
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Driveclub
Shadow of Mordor
Tropico 5
NBA 2K15
NBA Live 15
Evolve
Samurai Warriors 4
Just Dance 2015
Evil Within
Assassin's Creed: Unity
WWE 2K15

this is a sad rear end motherfucking list

dataisplural
Oct 27, 2013

Yaoi Mandel posted:

We all want to see your hosed up weiner. Why are you hiding it from us, unless youre ashamed?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Yaoi Mandel posted:

you suck dude

You are a non-contributing garbage poster who wouldn't be here right now if Kewpuh was actually moderating this thread instead of just keeping it as a containment zone for things the Wii U thread didn't want to hear a year ago.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Cliff Racer posted:

You are a non-contributing garbage poster who wouldn't be here right now if Kewpuh was actually moderating this thread instead of just keeping it as a containment zone for things the Wii U thread didn't want to hear a year ago.

Ahahahahaha u mad?? idiot bitch?? fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dataisplural
Oct 27, 2013

The Ps4 gives us Samurai Warriors 4. Artistic, hauntingly beautiful, impactful in the way no game before it could have been. Gamings ambrosia.

• Locked thread