Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Sniep posted:

i have brats that have been hanging out in a ziplock full of beer for a couple days that i need to grill up and eat w/ grilled onions and spicy brown mustard

Make this happen immediately, TIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

i'm the dry long hair

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Same Great Paste posted:

i'm the dry long hair

once your hair gets a bit longer it's amazing how much longer it takes to shower and dry it
pretty much negates the time saved shaving by lasers

also heat gets worse :(

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

once your hair gets a bit longer it's amazing how much longer it takes to shower and dry it
pretty much negates the time saved shaving by lasers

also heat gets worse :(

once your hair gets past a couple of inches it doesn't really get any hotter

tbh though the thing that finally made me cut my hair was realising that i could get an extra 20 minutes in bed every morning

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Therefore we need this production minimum to put the product within reach of people anywhere with 6-20 towels currently sitting on shelves in the bathroom, and taking up considerable energy to wash every week.

how much energy is expended drying an entire goon with the body dryer

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

i refuse to believe this works if only because all the hand dryers i've seen in airport bathrooms leave my hands damp

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

a dyson airblade with a single turd placed at the bottom

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

stoutfish posted:

cool, gonna grab this when i move into a lovely apartment

they are 10x's as big now - i need to start cooking with them

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
"you're standing on it, so we added a scale!!!"

and bumped your cogs up $10 for a feature outside your mvp

$50k is hilariously short to go from engineering built prototype to a production line

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
okay, so i'm not an engineer or aerodynamics expert or anything but how does a little vent at your feet dry your entire body? especially the top of your head ie the bit with the stuff that takes the longest to dry

bonermobile
Sep 20, 2010

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pixel-panties

has this been posted yet

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Boxturret posted:

okay, so i'm not an engineer or aerodynamics expert or anything but how does a little vent at your feet dry your entire body? especially the top of your head ie the bit with the stuff that takes the longest to dry

well it looks like a lot of vents and there's probably some insane industrial fan in there

more importantly how do they stop it giving you hearing damage, completely destroying any loose items in the room it's running in, and using up way more energy than a decent washing machine would to wash a couple of towels?

tbh i don't think you'd actually want it to dry your head unless you've already got a crew cut because if it did you'd come out looking like you'd dried yourself by licking a bare mains cable

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

goddamnedtwisto posted:

thank god for that i'm sick of dying from dirty towels

did you know they had bacteria on them?!

i know a guy that got attacked by a bacteria once.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Shifty Pony posted:

that's why you have to cultivate pro bacterias with yogurt enemas and not bathing

i mean women have all kinds of gross bacteria and they never get close to me :smug:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

duTrieux. posted:

he can't stop there, he's in brat country

lol

suits my needs. my needs for butts

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
the most surprising thing about this is that they're not using flex funding

Dec 26, 2012

anthonypants posted:

the most surprising thing about this is that they're not using flex funding

this except every indiegogo thing

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

exquisitely crafted by two dudes

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

01011001 posted:

this except every indiegogo thing

flex funding takes a bigger %, right? so if you're going to hit your target, it's better to have done fixed

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

JawnV6 posted:

flex funding takes a bigger %, right? so if you're going to hit your target, it's better to have done fixed

flex only takes a higher % if you don't reach your goal, % for fully funded projects is 4% fixed or flex

Oppenheimer
Dec 26, 2011

by Smythe
Could yyou use indiegogo to launder money? Use your dirty cash to buy hundreds of prepaid visas, and donate to yourself? 4% is nothing to clean money.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Oppenheimer posted:

Could yyou use indiegogo to launder money? Use your dirty cash to buy hundreds of prepaid visas, and donate to yourself? 4% is nothing to clean money.

no, indiegogo is a suspicious source

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

goddamnedtwisto posted:

you'd dried yourself by licking a bare mains cable
please stop spying on me, it's creepy

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I kinda like these but I'm not laying down $$$ :o:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/warpo/legends-of-cthulhu-retro-action-figure-toy-line

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!
What happened to those future showers that sci-fi promised where the shower unit would dry you with like an airblade thing that goes up and down? And the shower head should dispense shampoo / shower gel as needed. My shower should just be like a big dishwasher/carwash I climb inside with my 3-titted alien wife.

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

Fib posted:

3-titted alien wife.

started reading here

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Sniep posted:

i have brats that have been hanging out in a ziplock full of beer for a couple days that i need to grill up and eat w/ grilled onions and spicy brown mustard

brat cooking pro-tips (only for raw brats):

pour a couple of bottles of beer into a pot, slice up some onions and throw 'em in there, bring to a boil and throw the brats in to pre-cook them. Take out the brats and grill 'em up, save the beer-onions for topping.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Shifty Pony posted:

The best part is that air dryers spew a poo poo ton more bacteria on your hands because the units are super great for bacteria to live in

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Adult Sword Owner posted:

The best part is that air dryers spew a poo poo ton more bacteria on your hands because the units are super great for bacteria to live in

Much like your posts!!! lol

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

actually they aren't!!! a science was done

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
did you know the human body is 90% bacteria cells 10% human cells. surely they are all useless or harmful and should be eliminated

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Nintendo Kid posted:

actually they aren't!!! a science was done

Gonna have to back that up because what I read was "a science" as you put it

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Gonna have to back that up because what I read was "a science" as you put it

you just read some FUD spread by Big Towel

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
it's a fan

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/236448256/petal-fan-for-virtual-reality

a vr fan

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

tbh i've been interested in games that have non-audiovisual output so this idea doesn't strike me as completely horrible

but i definitely wouldn't pay more than like $15 for it

vOv fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 16, 2014

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
yeah it's a fine idea but it also requires games to implement it specifically in a meaningful way

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

it also seems really dumb to have just that that discrete part of environment simulation

it should be part of an entire system, sure

add stuff like heat/cold, vibration, smell, it would be really cool

but just a fan isnt going to totally change your Bespoke Gaming Experience

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
building something like this into the oculus rift is a good idea

a fan that sits on top of your desk that is overly expensive and won't work unless specifically implemented by the game is a bad idea

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

skaboomizzy posted:

As the sun rises to begin its daily oppression in the forgotten land of Alabama, the prophet begins his ritual. This is not his weekly day of rest, and he must toil until he is plum give out.

Invoking the blessing of a capricious God, he opens a large can of Hormel chili and smiles slightly as it lands in the warming pan with a satisfying plop; an omen of good fortune, he dares to hope. By mysterious dark art the Grill Of Sustenance sparks to life, as sudden as a possum that has been trod upon by a work boot. A cake is brought out from a dark corner, a monument of time so long gone that even The Baketress has forgotten its origins. The prophet gazes at the vent hood, the holy talisman that sanctified this temple and granted protection from the cruel whims of Odysseus. "So much sacrifice, so much toil... but it will not be in vain".

He climbs to the roof of his temple and begins his daily call to prayer.

YA'LL COME OUT TO DOOBIES DOG HOUSE , WE GOT HAMBURGERS, HOTDOGS, BBQ , POLISH DOGS, ITALIAN BEEF SANDWICHES,FRESH COLESLAW, CAKE, COLD BOTTLED COKE PRODUCTS !

Figures appear faintly near the horizon, moving almost indiscernably. They will come; they must come. The pilgrimage of the villagers is all that stands between the prophet and eternal shame. He repeats the call to prayer again and again until his voice cracks and strains from the passion of his devotions.

Finally, the call is heeded and obeyed. A supplicant has come seeking The Doobiest Maximas, a potent blessing. The supplicant and prophet speak in unison: "Piled high." The supplicant desires another indulgence and dares to whisper "Fries." The prophet considers this request thoughtfully, as if granting a request that could shatter the balance of the universe. The prophet gestures toward the menu to indicate the devotion that must be requried. The supplicant gathers the strength within himself to reach into his pocket and open his wallet. It must be this way; indulgences such as these cannot be granted so easily.

As the prophet prepares the meal for the supplicant, a woman enters with her child. She appears young but so weathered, as if she had undergone five years of starvation and torment in the space of a month. The child is unwashed and carries an empty countenance in his unblinking, dull eyes. "Prophet," she asks with a tremoring voice. "Prophet, my child and I desire nourishment, but his simple soul is not prepared for the full measure of lavish blessings you bestow on the rest of this community. How should I care for him in his hour of need?"

The prophet gazes at the holy tablets set out among the altars and repeats their inscurtable mantra. "Plain 6 inch hotdog -- $1.80." He then whispers as if revealing an arcane knowledge thought lost to mankind centuries ago, a truth so shrouded in the mysteries of the universe that the Gods themselves spent eternities trying in vain to unravel its meaning: "(just add fries and a drink to it)."

The woman hears this, and she weeps in joy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

• Locked thread