Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I thought it was the fact that the steering wheel seems to be canted way over to the right.

e:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

hazza
Mar 25, 2005

I couldn't see him, therefore I knew he was there.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Perfect.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Rocket Raccoon: The Early Years.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

OK, I'm almost convinced to buy a Wii-U just for this game.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

edit: Never mind

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

What's funny about a man making a new start?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Is this supposed to say something without the mirror, as well as the hidden message? I think it wants to be ambigram like this: but I can't see a second word/message looking at it any other way...

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

The un-mirrored shirt is supposed to say 'CLEVER' but it turns out it's hard to make an S look like an R

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

BrianBoitano posted:

Is this supposed to say something without the mirror, as well as the hidden message? I think it wants to be ambigram like this: but I can't see a second word/message looking at it any other way...

It says "clever" and "stupid"

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

BrianBoitano posted:

I think it's supposed to be "Clever" even though that last letter is in no way an "r"

efb

Zesty has a new favorite as of 20:12 on Jun 16, 2014

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

BrianBoitano posted:

'Cleute'

It's Sumarian for 'My hairdresser should be shot'

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
I get the Clever/Stupid part of the shirt, but isn't the humor actually that she didn't position herself so that the arrows on the shirt point at each other in the reflection? Making her.... stupid?

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Beatnik-Filmstar posted:

I get the Clever/Stupid part of the shirt, but isn't the humor actually that she didn't position herself so that the arrows on the shirt point at each other in the reflection? Making her.... stupid?

No. The humor is a few steps up the irony ladder in that it's a dumb shirt but she thinks it's cool and is posting about her shirt on The Chive, a lovely site full of unfunny people who probably didn't even try to read the shirt but just gave it applause because it's The Chive and those are tits under the shirt. Now that we've wasted a bunch of posts about the shirt, the humor is that we're overanalyzing a post with a Chive post about a dumb shirt that's not even really about a shirt. And now the humor is that I've explained all the metahumor in an unfunny, blunt way, following each step up the irony ladder to its logical conclusion. I'm on a horse.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Tampa Bay Barbie
Oct 30, 2011

He should avoid the men in the showers, I hear they're ruff.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

Help Me Out Hammy posted:

He should avoid the men in the showers, I hear they're ruff.

Some inmates are curs.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Mayostard posted:

Some inmates are curs.

But no1curr.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Somewhere, two former PYF mods are gnashing teeth.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

mng posted:

Somewhere, two former PYF mods are gnashing teeth.

Nah, because no1curr

Amphion
Jun 10, 2012

All we know is... he's called The Stig.

Someone actually carries one of those giant swiss army knifes

There's got to be someone who carries the super giant one though.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

I can't imagine being able to use that for anything except maybe shoving it in an attacker's face this:

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

It's meant to be a display piece. The knives are shipped dull, IIRC.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001

Met posted:

I think it's supposed to be "Clever" even though that last letter is in no way an "r"

orly

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

BrianBoitano posted:

Is this supposed to say something without the mirror, as well as the hidden message? I think it wants to be ambigram like this:

but I can't see a second word/message looking at it any other way...

It gets worse, people are now getting lovely ambigrams tattooed permanently into their skin. Most people at least get it tattooed onto a limb so they can flip them easily but then there's guys like this:

"This guy was sucking my dick the other day and I think his tattoo said 'cursed' from that angle and only that angle but I couldn't really make it out ..."

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It gets worse, people are now getting lovely ambigrams tattooed permanently into their skin. Most people at least get it tattooed onto a limb so they can flip them easily but then there's guys like this:

"This guy was sucking my dick the other day and I think his tattoo said 'cursed' from that angle and only that angle but I couldn't really make it out ..."

What in the gently caress is wrong with that guys back? Is it swolen?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

PromethiumX posted:

What in the gently caress is wrong with that guys back? Is it swolen?

I think it's just the excess ink which has been rubbed off to the side, plus the photo has a slight fisheye lens effect

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
Ambigrams ideally mean you can read two different words depending on the angle. In practice, especially when it comes to tattoos,it means you can read 0 words.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Shelf Adventure posted:

Ambigrams ideally mean you can read two different words depending on the angle. In practice, especially when it comes to tattoos,it means you can read 0 words.

I've seen one or two which work well and are clearly legible in both views:

Most are a goddamned mess:

"Berdwole" :downs:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Dr. Lenin posted:

I can't imagine being able to use that for anything except maybe shoving it in an attacker's face this:

I just want you to know I laughed really hard at this.

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH

I've seen one or two which work well and are clearly legible in both views:

I know what I'll get tattooed on my arm, my major

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Most are a goddamned mess:

"Berdwole" :downs:

LLAMAWET :confused:

Adbot