Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zak2k12
Dec 23, 2008

"I looked back once to the empty place where my dream had come true. Such is the stuff."
:synpa:

Rapner posted:

I run ~25 accounts between my laptop and media centre. The htpc is only an i5 with 8gb of ram and handles the brunt of the load.

The trick is just tweaking it till it works. I'll probably expand out to 40-50 accounts soon, I think.

I do this because it's easier than AFK ratting, and I can just funnel the minerals into industry.

And here I was thinking I overdid it with 4 accounts :v:
Right now I have a dedicated Ishtar pilot spinning in hubs, with another one in the making. How well does ratting scale? Should I just sell the other one when I finish his Isthar training?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Plus once your 43 miner bots are trained up you might as well use the accounts to train alts for resale and bring in a grand or two a month because why not make autism pay.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

So I resubbed to Eve after a few years away and signed up with Brave Newbies as one of RL friends is in Brave alliance. A goon went through CZK when I was there with about 8 accounts, how do you even manage that number of accounts simultaneously?

I really need to get up to speed with all the changes of the last 2 years, is there a good place to see what all the highlights were of the past few patches?

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty proud of myself for doing this thing: https://zkillboard.com/kill/39548947/

And I am not at all ashamed of the result: https://zkillboard.com/kill/39548956/

BREAKING THE ENEMY'S CYNO BACKBONE, ONE BY ONE.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Smash: American Hero.

I'm having strange urges to log in recently. I think it's due to the fact that my HDD failed and I only have 100mb of space left on my SSD.

drat my apathy.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

darth cookie posted:

You made the right choice. I wouldn't just limit myself to SV though (even though it is the best squad). It's worth joining a few to get a feel for how each one operates. I'd recommend Theta as a secondary squad at least

You are fortunate miniluv is a SIG or I'd have to disagree with you :colbert:.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Zak2k12 posted:

Right now I have a dedicated Ishtar pilot spinning in hubs, with another one in the making. How well does ratting scale? Should I just sell the other one when I finish his Isthar training?

I don't multibox, but I think the problem with ratting is that you start running into competition over anomalies. If you are trying to run a bunch of accounts all in one system, there's a limit before you have to start sticking your ships in the worse anomalies, some of which have lovely triggers and require more monitoring. If you want to cycle just the best anomalies, you need to find a system mostly for yourself and keep it to only a handful of pilots. You'll probably be fine with 2-3, but it just doesn't work up to dozens of accounts like mining.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Zak2k12 posted:

I ran 3 afktars before I started this. It was manageable and I was using MTUs to scrape up loot. I'd say you could probably do 5 reasonably AFK.

Each of my miners will end up being on average about 2/3 of the earn of an AFKtar, and way easier to manage... especially with MTUs collecting all the ore for hauling.

elanciano
Apr 2, 2013

I'm sure it's only a glitch. A temporary setback.

Aramoro posted:

So I resubbed to Eve after a few years away and signed up with Brave Newbies as one of RL friends is in Brave alliance. A goon went through CZK when I was there with about 8 accounts, how do you even manage that number of accounts simultaneously?

I really need to get up to speed with all the changes of the last 2 years, is there a good place to see what all the highlights were of the past few patches?

You should probably also leave BNI before they turn you into a meme spouting fuckhead who doesn't have the self awareness to realize they are being used by n3 and given AIDS by TEST.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

vyst posted:

A source that can reveal himself if he wants had a great one:

YA0 Days Since Layoffs

Speaking of, someone spill the beans on what happened with Theadj.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Rapner posted:

I run ~25 accounts between my laptop and media centre.

I'll probably expand out to 40-50 accounts soon, I think.

Jesus loving Christ.

poo poo like this is why EVE Online is the magical game where subscriptions can go up even if the number of players go down.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

EVE only has about 1500 players total. Each player has 500 accounts.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

Jesus loving Christ.

poo poo like this is why EVE Online is the magical game where subscriptions can go up even if the number of players go down.

Eve will hit 500k subs some day.

There will be 10k people still playing with an average of 50 accounts, but hey, at least you'll have people finally following primaries (because you control everyone in the entire fleet).

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

elanciano posted:

You should probably also leave BNI before they turn you into a meme spouting fuckhead who doesn't have the self awareness to realize they are being used by n3 and given AIDS by TEST.

I've been in for a day and I already know this is true. But there do seem to be a decent number of fights to be had around there.

elanciano
Apr 2, 2013

I'm sure it's only a glitch. A temporary setback.

Aramoro posted:

I've been in for a day and I already know this is true. But there do seem to be a decent number of fights to be had around there.

All I can say is I hope your time there ends with you and your friend awoxing something shiny and taking what little assets they have. They could have been the chosen one.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Elmnt80 posted:

We had been stalking him for around a month, had people sitting on his warpouts, safes and links. We had also repeatedly scanned ships in that time to get exact fits to make sure we'd get him once we landed. Im also calling bullshit on miniluv being ready to gank him, since we had tried tapping miniluv AND code to get the people quicker to avoid spooking him. Both groups said they didn't have people active and ready to go. :iiam:

Edit: We also figured out the eyes he was keeping on all the in gate. Our only flub was being 2 dudes short until literally 5 minutes before he logged.

Both can be true at the same time. When we've formed up to gank The Wiz (or try for Chribba) before, we've had to do so very quietly, because shitlers will white-knight and warn them. If you just asked some random dude, you may have gotten a "no" when really it was "yep". If you asked Powers or Warr privately, then I don't know.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

elanciano posted:

All I can say is I hope your time there ends with you and your friend awoxing something shiny and taking what little assets they have. They could have been the chosen one.

Well every alliance I've joined as part of StateCorp or otherwise has disintegrated within 2 months, so it might be a case of take the money and run anyway.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Rhymenoserous posted:

Speaking of, someone spill the beans on what happened with Theadj.

He resigned. No drama. The end.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

vyst posted:

There's always drama. Even if it isn't spoken, it's there. Unless he just said I'm bored I'm out, in which case there's still drama because people will make up bullshit drama.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

vyst posted:

What did he resign from?

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

vulvamancer posted:

What did he resign from?

Black Ops

So who is running our "Elite pvp" squad now?

Black Ops can't die, otherwise who will tell me they are like vietnam veterans, and that I spit on them ?!?

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Lykouleon and Roaritron have been doing a pretty bang-up job of running things from what I can see. Adj has been quietly handing off responsibilities for a year or so now. Anyone in BlackOps saw the writing on the wall a long time ago.

I am going to miss the constant fear of an angry Southerner going apeshit on me though. :smith:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

CHUCK WAS TAKEN posted:

I really don't know! The stock response I got from the GM was something like "we investigated some logs and decided to reimburse your poo poo," with a link to the official reimbursement policy. It's not addressed on that page at all, but I think that maybe what an ISBoxing bomber pilot is doing to control his alts is in some kind of terms of use gray area?

edit in response to Hazdoc:
If I tell you that I got reimbursed in local chat, that's totally different from me telling you the same thing here. If someone from moa says they got their ship back after oodell/Lotus killed them, they're probably telling the truth.

edit 2 in response to:
I'm not a bad enough nerd to actually read terms of service from games I play, but I assume that it is, and that is why I am not posting screenshots of correspondence with GMs.

edit 3:
http://gyazo.com/b9f02b4d00d700013a619a4cf1961f65
probably can't hurt

edit 4:

yea

His screenshot refers to a real losmail from getting bombed out by Kun'mi.

If they're actually getting reimbursed for this stuff, I don't know why they would go on a posting crusade about it since it could probably cost someone their job and the very least get it shut down.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

deadtear posted:

There's always drama. Even if it isn't spoken, it's there. Unless he just said I'm bored I'm out, in which case there's still drama because people will make up bullshit drama.

Pick whichever makes you the most at ease I guess.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Voyager I posted:

His screenshot refers to a real losmail from getting bombed out by Kun'mi.

If they're actually getting reimbursed for this stuff, I don't know why they would go on a posting crusade about it since it could probably cost someone their job and the very least get it shut down.

It sounds like one of those hand-wavey internal propaganda things that has gotten out of context, and people are stubbornly sticking to it.
Ever see a Daily Mail/Fox news nut make up something ridiculous that is something "they" do, and then, despite them having made it up, you can't argue them out of it, and via circular logic it becomes something that "must be true"?
I think "goons exploit" + "goons use isboxer" has become "goons using isboxer is an exploit" and they all heard it was true but none of them can tell you where from.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Beach Bum posted:

Lykouleon and Roaritron have been doing a pretty bang-up job of running things from what I can see. Adj has been quietly handing off responsibilities for a year or so now. Anyone in BlackOps saw the writing on the wall a long time ago.

I am going to miss the constant fear of an angry Southerner going apeshit on me though. :smith:

HE WAS ALL TALK MAN

nah seriously sad to see him go, though he is probably busy doing whatever he does.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Whenever somebody you are competing with does something that you can't do, or don't understand, then they must be cheating.

Have the subs on this terrible game gone up lately? I used to pay £10, the latest ccp email I received says £15.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Collateral posted:

Have the subs on this terrible game gone up lately? I used to pay £10, the latest ccp email I received says £15.

The most expensive tier (i.e. paying for one month at a time) is still £9.99, and the cheapest is £7.50 if you subscribe for 12 months at once, so I'm not sure what CCP was advertising. Might that have been some sort of PLEX sale instead? They are usually just a tad over that amount, aren't they?

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/starbase-changes-for-crius/

quote:

Structure cost scaling

Removing slots from industry jobs discourage players from stacking more than one Starbase structure of the same type at a Control Tower. To counteract this point, we are going to give specific bonuses when Starbase structures of the same type are stacked together at the same control tower.

This bonus is going to be a flat reduction on the whole job cost price, whose amount and total bonus varies depending on the Starbase structure itself.

Structure Type

Cost reduction per structure (Max bonus per structure)

Medium Ship Assembly, Advanced Medium Ship Assembly, Subsystem Assembly
2% (26%)

Large Ship Assembly, Advanced Large Ship Assembly, Capital Ship Assembly

3% (21%)

Design Laboratory, Experimental Laboratory, Hyasyoda Research Laboratory, Research Laboratory

1.5% (22.5%)

Drug Lab, Ammunition Assembly, Drone Assembly, Component Assembly, Equipment Assembly, Rapid Equipment Assembly

0.5% (25%)

Supercapital Ship Assembly

5% (15%)

Advanced Small Ship Assembly, Small Ship Assembly

1% (27%)

In practice, this means that stacking 13 Medium Ship Assembly, Advanced Medium Assembly or Subsystem Assembly Arrays will reduce the total cost to start a manufacturing job at any of those structures by 26%. Those bonuses are not system wide, which means that structures at two different locations inside the same solar system will not stack together.
For a second I thought that was a ME bonus instead of a cost reduction bonus, still, that's an... interesting bonus. No idea if it will be worth it to make use of it though.

Sardonik fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jun 16, 2014

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Collateral posted:

It's $15usd, I wouldn't put it past :ccp: to have written the same email for all markets and just changed the symbol.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Sardonik posted:

https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/starbase-changes-for-crius/

For a second I thought that was a ME bonus instead of a cost reduction bonus, still, that's an... interesting bonus. No idea if it will be worth it to make use of it though.

Has some potential. If someone doesn't want to wrestle with producing components, I could see them stacking a shitload of arrays instead until their build cost drops far enough to make it profitable. Overall this system looks like it promotes specializing: You'll have higher profits if you concentrate on one thing, instead of trying everything at once.

boodah
Dec 22, 2004
boodah the hutt
I've been kinda playing a little bit here and there, mostly highsec mining because it's zen and I'm lazy; total waste of my character, though.

I thought about rejoining a goon corp but the first (and last time) I was in a goon corp I basically stayed in highsec mining because I could never get a solid play schedule so I wouldn't be of use to anyone; sadly, that hasn't changed much. Would there be any benefit to me rejoining? Not sure I'd be an asset to any of the corps currently; the only thing I did of note was design a newbie Crucifier fitting and won the "IRON SHIP Electronics Warfare Fleet reform" contest(?) back in the day...still on the wiki but apparently deprecated.

One of the things I enjoyed doing back in the old Syndicate days was crazy fits that no-one expected like a plate/drone Arb with passive targeting that could get med drones on a sniping battleship in 2 seconds...never managed a kill but it scared the gently caress out of some gankers; occasionally I'd hop in my logistics cruiser and make people panic when I locked them and topped them off with armor/cap while they were ratting/mining (even got a few missiles as a thank you a couple times).

Oh, and I found my GoonSwarm shot-glasses the other day, so there's that too.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

boodah posted:

I've been kinda playing a little bit here and there, mostly highsec mining because it's zen and I'm lazy; total waste of my character, though.

I thought about rejoining a goon corp but the first (and last time) I was in a goon corp I basically stayed in highsec mining because I could never get a solid play schedule so I wouldn't be of use to anyone; sadly, that hasn't changed much. Would there be any benefit to me rejoining? Not sure I'd be an asset to any of the corps currently; the only thing I did of note was design a newbie Crucifier fitting and won the "IRON SHIP Electronics Warfare Fleet reform" contest(?) back in the day...still on the wiki but apparently deprecated.

One of the things I enjoyed doing back in the old Syndicate days was crazy fits that no-one expected like a plate/drone Arb with passive targeting that could get med drones on a sniping battleship in 2 seconds...never managed a kill but it scared the gently caress out of some gankers; occasionally I'd hop in my logistics cruiser and make people panic when I locked them and topped them off with armor/cap while they were ratting/mining (even got a few missiles as a thank you a couple times).

Oh, and I found my GoonSwarm shot-glasses the other day, so there's that too.

There are no activity requirements and you are not required to be of any worth to anyone in Goonwaffe. Join, go hog wild. Don't mine in highsec.

boodah
Dec 22, 2004
boodah the hutt

Glory of Arioch posted:

There are no activity requirements and you are not required to be of any worth to anyone in Goonwaffe. Join, go hog wild. Don't mine in highsec.

There any mining ops that happen? I'm basically skilled for logistics, command and mining ships.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

boodah posted:

There any mining ops that happen? I'm basically skilled for logistics, command and mining ships.

Most people in Goonwaffe don't mine. You might check amongst the membercorps or post on goonfleet dot com to ask if there is anything of the sort going on like that.

Also, mine ice instead of ore. Ice is about twice as lucrative as ore in our space ever since they made ice no longer infinite in highsec.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Glory of Arioch posted:

Most people in Goonwaffe don't mine. You might check amongst the membercorps or post on goonfleet dot com to ask if there is anything of the sort going on like that.

Also, mine ice instead of ore. Ice is about twice as lucrative as ore in our space ever since they made ice no longer infinite in highsec.

Theta does some stuff.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Sigma does things. :unsmith:

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

dialhforhero posted:

Sigma does things. :unsmith:

[citation needed]

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

dialhforhero posted:

Sigma does goats. :unsmith:

I fixed your post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Otacon posted:

[citation needed]

What kind of citation could you provide for something that beyond people in the squad saying it happens? Does Mad Ani have to report live from the scene?

"Mad Ani here folks. As you can see behind me there are definitely goons in mining ships over here. Look at those lasers go. We now return to our regular scheduled broadcast of eight continuous hours of trance music and Jita Cam. Hire me CCP."

• Locked thread