Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Esser-Z posted:

Oh man, my dad doesn't want his old model kits*. Some are fairly beat up, but they should be good for parts, and he gave me the go-ahead to scavenge. One of them is a barely started USS Constitution. I'm not sure how much of it will be useful, but it has a bunch of cannons.

Those'll be EXCELLENT for Ork conversions! I am pretty excited about this.

*I live in what was my grandparents' house. We've not finished clearing out their junk yet!

If they're complete kits see how much they would be worth on eBay. I wouldn't destroy a Constitution kit for some cannons to slap on my orks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If they're complete kits see how much they would be worth on eBay. I wouldn't destroy a Constitution kit for some cannons to slap on my orks.
Hmm. It's partially started, but good point. I'll have to check on it again, haven't done a proper inventory!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Esser-Z posted:

Hmm. It's partially started, but good point. I'll have to check on it again, haven't done a proper inventory!

Why take the the cannons out for conversions, when you can turn the entire ship into the OSS Gorkstitushion? :orks101:

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Why take the the cannons out for conversions, when you can turn the entire ship into the OSS Gorkstitushion? :orks101:

Because I'm not really a... model... ship... guy.

Yeah that's a dumb reason, isn't it? I should do that.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm going to be touring with my band in the UK in August and September and have a week off at the end of August so I was planning on bringing an army and making the trip to warhammer world.

Are there any UK (or anywhere really) goons keen to meet up for a game?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Cataphract posted:

I'm going to be touring with my band in the UK in August and September and have a week off at the end of August so I was planning on bringing an army and making the trip to warhammer world.

What's the band website? If it fits the fluff of 40K then you're on! (potentially. I think I'm free.)

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Cataphract posted:

It would depend where you're likely to be, but in theory I'd be up for it.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Going to check out the condition of the Constitution kit after work, but any damage can easily be dealt with via Orky Bits. Operation Gorkstitushun is a go. I think I might mount it on tank treads. Mounting a ship on treads to be land pirates is very Orky.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

krushgroove posted:

What's the band website? If it fits the fluff of 40K then you're on! (potentially. I think I'm free.)

youtube.com/axisofawesome
axisofawesome.com

Aaron Dembski Bowden is a fan if that counts for anything.

we're in Edinburgh for the first three weeks of August and then a week off (when I'm planning to go to warhammer world and then probably hang out with some pals in London) and then a week in Germany and then an extensive tour around the UK (dates are on the website).

So yeah, if folks are keen to come to warhammer world around the 26th-29th of September, I'm keen. Otherwise if you're near any of the stops on my tour and want to come to the show and grab a beer after I can definitely throw you comps. I'm not sure about games during the tour as we will be in a different city each night so it might be a bit of a stretch but hey... i won't totally rule it out.

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.

Esser-Z posted:

Going to check out the condition of the Constitution kit after work, but any damage can easily be dealt with via Orky Bits. Operation Gorkstitushun is a go. I think I might mount it on tank treads. Mounting a ship on treads to be land pirates is very Orky.
This is literally the best idea.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Cataphract posted:

axisofawesome.com

we're in Edinburgh for the first three weeks of August and then a week off (when I'm planning to go to warhammer world and then probably hang out with some pals in London) and then a week in Germany and then an extensive tour around the UK (dates are on the website).

So yeah, if folks are keen to come to warhammer world around the 26th-29th of September, I'm keen. Otherwise if you're near any of the stops on my tour and want to come to the show and grab a beer after I can definitely throw you comps. I'm not sure about games during the tour as we will be in a different city each night so it might be a bit of a stretch but hey... i won't totally rule it out.

...uh...what? Dude I'll get a pair of tickets for one of your shows AND play you! I can probably get you a loaner army too if you don't want to pack yours for the trip.

Karandras
Apr 27, 2006

Cataphract posted:

How'd you go with that Logie thing anyway?

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Karandras posted:

How'd you go with that Logie thing anyway?

Apparently I came so close that they held an audit and disqualified all the goon votes. I wound up doing a stage show about it called "Critically Ashamed".

For those not in the know, the logies are tha Australian Emmys except they're awarded by popular vote. I played a supporting role in a telemovie about Julian Assange in 2012 which made me eligible to win the silver logie. Then in 2013 I requested that GBS vote for me in exchange for the right to write my acceptance speech. The Australian tabloid media caught wind (after being tipped off by a rival forum) and it turned into a media shitstorm. I haven't had many auditions for telemovies since.

Cataphract fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jun 16, 2014

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
When I saw 'telemovie' I thought 'telenovella', basically one of the Latin American soap operas, and I was thinking what the hell are you doing in one of those? But yeah that sucks. If a whale can be named Mr. Splashypants by internet votes, you should be able to get your Logie.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Esser-Z posted:

Don't forget that every ship needs a Kaptin, and every Kaptin needs his crew o' boyz :orks101:

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Esser-Z posted:

Glad to see I'm not the only one with the same idea.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Don't forget that every ship needs a Kaptin, and every Kaptin needs his crew o' boyz :orks101:

O'course! Wot d'ya tink I am, sum kinda dum humie? Ain't a propah ship wi'out da boyz!

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Starting off the day right by taking a break from green and completing Inquisitor Givesnofucks, a donation to my armies in the Emperor's name by Deviant.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Cataphract posted:

axisofawesome.com

"Site temporarily unavailable"

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice
What day did 7th edition come out?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cataphract posted:

axisofawesome.com

Now I'm going to feel guilty when I skip you on my Pandora playlist. :(

I'm a 3 hour plane ride away from my models, clippers, etc, but I still did it. I bought a gorkanaut. I just hope I have enough room in my luggage!

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Possible way to avoid jink saves: scattering blasts wouldn't allow a jink, as jinking is declared before rolling to hit, so a Serpent or whatever that wasn't the original target never gets the option. Am I missing something obvious?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I know I'm lucky to have a game club with such nice terrain, but good golly am I jealous of you sumbitches who can play at Warhammer World. Seeing Ghosthand and Krushgroove's pictures of that place make me want to make the pilgrimage over there that much harder.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
Yes, once in his/her lifetime, every ham must make the HaGW and walk in circles around Nottingham holding a copy of White Dwarf #1 and burning a sack of money.

Now I'm stuck between grabbing a Squiggoth and an 'Orkanaut. :( Suggestions?

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar

Lungboy posted:

Possible way to avoid jink saves: scattering blasts wouldn't allow a jink, as jinking is declared before rolling to hit, so a Serpent or whatever that wasn't the original target never gets the option. Am I missing something obvious?

"When selected as a target of a shooting attack" so yes.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Direwolf posted:

"When selected as a target of a shooting attack" so yes.

Are you agreeing or disagreeing?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Yes, once in his/her lifetime, every ham must make the HaGW and walk in circles around Nottingham holding a copy of White Dwarf #1 and burning a sack of money.

Neither? At least until the codex drops.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

'Orkanaut riding a Squiggoth. :colbert:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Sorry no the correct answer is some sort of Orkanaut Squigoth hybrid Centaur thing.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

LordAba posted:

Now I'm going to feel guilty when I skip you on my Pandora playlist. :(

I'm a 3 hour plane ride away from my models, clippers, etc, but I still did it. I bought a gorkanaut. I just hope I have enough room in my luggage!

Toss the box and travel with only the sprues/instructions. I buy stuff at our store from time to time when I'm on my bike and thats how I get crap into my backpack.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Two Feet From Bread posted:

What day did 7th edition come out?

24th of may, so a saturday.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Hollismason posted:

Sorry no the correct answer is some sort of Orkanaut Squigoth hybrid Centaur thing.

Loot one of those Lord of Skulls dudes.

Edit: pulled by two Squiggoths like a chariot

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
No I think you meant to say " a Gorkanaut, Riding a Squigoth, riding a Lord of Skulls, on top of a Thunderhawk".

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I'd totally be up for a WHW Goonmeet late September. The new Ork book may even be out by then!

Also the real answer is a gorkanaut playing a squiggoth like a guitar while surfing on a thunderhawk as it smashes into a lord of skulls' face.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

Hollismason posted:

No I think you meant to say " a Gorkanaut, Riding a Squigoth, riding a Lord of Skulls, on top of a Thunderhawk".

Being carried by an Ultra Marine.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Hey, guys, I've got a couple of requests for you all on behalf of the Oath Thread:

Airbrushes.com will be providing a Grand Prize and 4 Quarterly Prizes, so if you're in the UK and want airbrush equipment, weathering powders, compressors, etc. from them, PLEASE PLEASE use the 'SA Oath Thread' marketing code - this tells them who referred them to the site!

And also, if you order from ANY of our prize sponsors (especially KR Multicase, who haven't committed yet for this year), please mention the 'Something Awful Oath Thread Painting Competition' - it helps everyone out by telling the companies that we are pushing sales to them!

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne

Cataphract posted:

axisofawesome.com

If it helps, I know the staff of the GW in Leeds really well? Also The Wardrobe is an incredible venue, I am definitely gonna get back for that.

Also a goontrip to Warhammer World might be cool, it'd inspire to finish off my Praetorians.

Power Player
Oct 2, 2006

GOD SPEED YOU! HUNGRY MEXICAN

PeterWeller posted:

I think it's an alright price if you don't already have a good bits box. Because after one or two of these kits, you'll have a good bits box.
Yeah. I'll buy one and use the bits to customize a whole bunch of boyz and Nobz.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Naramyth posted:

Toss the box and travel with only the sprues/instructions. I buy stuff at our store from time to time when I'm on my bike and thats how I get crap into my backpack.

Good idea! That should make it easier to hide in my dirty underwear.
I was going to pick up the gunboyz set but it offers no discount. So I might have to go back to the shop and pickup the flash gitz. Now I won't need the lootas or shokk attack gun, and I can only pick up 3 of the mekk guns. At a discount from my FLGS. Way to be GW.

Hmm... I just have to judge how bitchy people will get if I use the Morkanaught without the base. I really want one of the larger oval bases to build up something for my harridan and it should be the perfect size.

Also:
squiggoth < morka/gorkanaught < greater squiggoth

EDIT: Obvious correct answer are ork Matryoshka dolls. An epic scale deffdread inside a killakan inside a deffdread inside a morkanaught inside a stompa.

LordAba fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

LordAba posted:

EDIT: Obvious correct answer are ork Matryoshka dolls. An epic scale deffdread inside a killakan inside a deffdread inside a morkanaught inside a stompa.

Funny enough I heard a strat where you have a 18x Burnas inside 3x Morkanaughts inside a stompa. Stompa moves forward on turn 1, Morkanaughts disembark 6", burnas disembark 6" and set things on fire. Kind of silly really.

• Locked thread