Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

mentholmoose posted:

Dustin Pedroia can play second. I want Gehrig, what do I have to add to Pedroia and, say, Harry Heilmann to get Gehrig?

If Eddie Collins was in the deal, I might consider it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

habeasdorkus posted:

The 1986 Strawberry will cost you the Big Train.

This is Zodiac5000's Ilkhanate of South Dakota-mandated personal minder. After reading this statement Zodiac5000 suffered a massive stroke and was non-responsive for several minutes. He is beginning to regain full function in his limbs and extremities, but at the moment he continually verbalizes the characters to the following link: http://super-league.tk/viewplayer.php?id=strawda01

I believe the insanity of Walter Johnson, quite possibly the greatest pitcher of all time, being traded for Darryl "Coke Fiend" Strawberry brought this stroke on, and as punishment for this act of aggression against a citizen of the great Ilkhanate the prices for E-85 gasoline will increase five-fold for all surrounding states!

Zodiac5000 fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jun 16, 2014

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Mr. Cool rear end posted:

If Eddie Collins was in the deal, I might consider it.

Hahahaha.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Also, Smasher, this update was awesome, and I strongly oppose the SL reporters motion to shorten the season. Real heroics come from sustained performance, not the lame-rear end british six episode bullshit. However, I do support each team being given two guns that can only be given to the least stable members of said teams.

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:

Yes it was a lopsided trade, but it wasn't as bad as you think, when you consider that Strawberry has done decently enough given near a full body of work, and the Walter Johnson in question is a 19-year-old that may or may not get a good/great roll. The only other young Walter Johnson did not do spectacularly, as you can see for the Strickland Propane.

In short; bad trade offer, but not monumentally bad. :v:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
And it would be downright silly of me to not make a bad offer on my first offer. :)

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Beet: I would very much like your Chase Utley and/or Lawrence Doby. Now, consider this: If you do face the Macho Men, your reserve players will be useless. However, extra draft picks could be vital for your resurrected team. I can give you those!

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

So, uh, that was a good week. And a no-hitter to boot! I probably should rest Banks though, since he's been tired for multiple weeks now and I don't have any breaks for a long time.

Smasher! Who in my line-up is the most defensively competent at holding the position of SS for a week? I think either Werber or McGraw would be able to hold it, albeit not very well, but at least to the point where it wouldn't be a complete hole in my defense. Thoughts?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

CFBalla posted:

Yes it was a lopsided trade, but it wasn't as bad as you think, when you consider that Strawberry has done decently enough given near a full body of work, and the Walter Johnson in question is a 19-year-old that may or may not get a good/great roll. The only other young Walter Johnson did not do spectacularly, as you can see for the Strickland Propane.

Walter Johnson is one of the top 5 SL pitchers. Darrel Stawberry is a bad relatively bad player who is a backup outfielder at best.

Even through rose tinted glasses, this deal stinks. Pee-ew.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

What was the expression again? Slow and steady wins the race?

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

mks5000 posted:

Even through rose tinted glasses, this deal stinks. Pee-ew.

I agree; it just isn't stroke-inducingly bad :v:

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

No banner because I'm still phone posting somewhere down south, but please move Bonds back to LF in Ll lineups, and make sure that in the DH lineup, Ott is the DH and Matthews is at 3B. Lineup doesn't matter because the team is poo poo and it's not like lineups matter that much.

Also, to some of the new owners trying to trade: Elite players are worth their weight in gold. They are nearly impossible to get, and even harder to trade for.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

mks5000 posted:

Walter Johnson is one of the top 5 SL pitchers.

Isn't it pretty to think so?

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012
I wholeheartedly agree with the Super-League Reporters' Association plan to murder a player - may I suggest Johnny Roseboro? The drama writes itself.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

CFBalla posted:

That Walter Johnson got much better as the season went on, once he got an actual defense behind him. He did have a very ghastly start, though.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

CFBalla posted:

So, uh, that was a good week. And a no-hitter to boot! I probably should rest Banks though, since he's been tired for multiple weeks now and I don't have any breaks for a long time.

Smasher! Who in my line-up is the most defensively competent at holding the position of SS for a week? I think either Werber or McGraw would be able to hold it, albeit not very well, but at least to the point where it wouldn't be a complete hole in my defense. Thoughts?

Joe Cronin.

Oh, wait, right. Billy Herman, then.

Also, to tend the debate, Johnson-for-Strawberry would be monumentally bad, to the point where I would have to step in and ask the owner trading Johnson whether or not he was even literate. He would break down in tears, admitting that he was not, and was, instead, using a sophisticated voice-to-text program to fake it. And shaming the illiterate makes me feel bad. So, yes, the trade was really as bad as it sounded.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Smasher Dynamo posted:

And shaming the illiterate makes me feel bad.

I think you owe factorialite an apology, then....

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I won a game in this update! Damon and Garciaparra did good???? Oh man.

I will slaughter Revenant Threshold & the Knights.

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Joe Cronin.

Oh, wait, right. Billy Herman, then.

Haha...ha. I'm dumb. Alright, swap Banks with Herman in both no DH line-ups for this week. Thanks Smasher.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Mr. Cool rear end posted:

Week 20 Injury Report

Second City Sun Bears
David Price (SP) (Holy poo poo) - Out For Season
Fernando Rodney (RP) (God hates you) - 12 days

gently caress

Charlton to Rodney's spot. Rodney to the DL. Price to the DL.
New rotation: SP1 Steve Rogers, SP2 Gaylord Perry, SP3 Stephen Strasburg, SP4 Greg Maddux, SP5 Jordan Zimmermann. Matt Moore is middle relief.

:siren:I NEED A PITCHER. I HAVE THINGS TO TRADE. LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO TRADE QUICKLY:siren:

IVE EDITED IT SO DOUBLE CHECK FOR EDITING

ChampRamp fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jun 17, 2014

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Monathin posted:

HEY CHAMPRAMP I have a bunch of fringey starters that will go for one of your bench bats or something like that. Jim Palmer interest you, maybe?

GET ON IRC

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.
R.I.P. Tony Gwynn, may you guide my fantasy fantasy baseball team to victory.

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Time to take back what is mine. Resetting lineups.

vs RHP
2B Frisch
CF Charleston
1B Thomas
LF Bonds
3B Mathews
C Torre/Martinez
RF Kaline
SS Cronin
P Pitcher

vs LHP
SS Jeter
CF Charleston
RF Kaline
1B Thomas
LF Bonds
C Torre/Martinez
3B Youkilis
2B Kent
P Pitcher

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
Symphony

Not sure what I can do at this point. Except unleash the HOOTOBU

SP Pedro
SP Alexander
SP Halladay
SP Sutton
SP Hooton!!

CL Marshall
SU Schmidt
SR Sosa
SR gently caress. Uh, Gooden?
MR Burnett??
LR Johnson

I have used standard chess notation to indicate the quality of the moves I just made.

Still looking to trade Cheat Code Dean for a RH power bat or LH on-base bat. The best offer I've heard so far is Jose Canseco, though, so I'm pretty much expecting to be stuck with Dean for the rest of the season.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Phone posting from airport and will be back tomorrow with pick me and stuff.

Anyway, pharmas moves

1.) Hanley off dl, Rollins down
2.) gently caress these disappointing platoons, and I also should get tip oneill a couple more at bats. Lineups:

1.) Henderson, cf
2.) oneill, lf
3.) Musial/hunter platoon, rf
4.) Hanley, ss
5.) Allen, dh
6.) olerud, 1b
7.) longoria, 3b
8.) Fisk, c
9.) alomar, 2b

end moves

:siren:trading block

Anybody need any of the following?

Prime willie mccovey
Prime john olerud
Prime cal Ripken
Prime Evan longoria
Young blyleven
Old eckersley
Young Messersmith

I don't have ages handy right now, but it's easy to get them tomorrow

I need the following:
Obp right fielder (a heilmann or under 30 abreu, etc)
Draft picks, I guess
Good deadball era pitchers

...trying to do everything in my power to score enough runs to keep me out of the señor goodtimes basement

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Hi FairGame, I have Paul Waner or Harry Heilmann, who are RF's with good OBP's. I am interested in John Olerud and your hilariously old Stan Musial. I'd rather keep Heilmann, the righty bat, if I'm trading for lefties. Let me know what you think.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Giambi is still sore so I'm taking him out. Putting some main players back in and am going to experiment with keeping Damon & Garciaparra in a bit longer! Both my catchers are busting, but Tek a lot more than Posada. Have Tek just catch for Clemens, and Posada catch for everyone else.

vs. Righties DH

1.) CF Johnny Damon [L]
2.) 2B Nap Lajoie [R]
3.) SS Alan Trammell [R]
4.) DH Bernie Williams [L]
5.) LF Gary Sheffield [R]
6.) 1B David Ortiz [L]
7.) RF Vladimir Guerrero [R]
8.) 3B Nomar Garciaparra [R]
9.) C Jorge Posada [S]

vs. Lefties DH

1.) 2B Nap Lajoie [R]
2.) SS Alan Trammell [R]
3.) RF Vladimir Guerrero [R]
4.) LF Gary Sheffield [R]
5.) DH Bernie Williams [L]
6.) 1B David Ortiz [L]
7.) 3B Nomar Garciaparra [R]
8.) C Jorge Posada [S]
9.) CF Johnny Damon [L]

vs. Righties no DH

1.) 2B Nap Lajoie [R]
2.) SS Alan Trammell [R]
3.) CF Bernie Williams [L]
4.) 1B David Ortiz [L]
5.) LF Gary Sheffield [R]
6.) RF Vladimir Guerrero [R]
8.) C Jorge Posada [S]
9.) P

vs. Lefties no DH

1.) 2B Nap Lajoie [R]
2.) SS Alan Trammell [R]
3.) RF Vladimir Guerrero [R]
4.) LF Gary Sheffield [R]
5.) CF Bernie Williams [L]
6.) 1B David Ortiz [L]
8.) C Jorge Posada [S]
9.) P

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Trade rescinded by request of Sub-par and Super-League owners less competent and attractive than Zodiac5000.

Zodiac5000 fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jun 17, 2014

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

mentholmoose posted:

Hi FairGame, I have Paul Waner or Harry Heilmann, who are RF's with good OBP's. I am interested in John Olerud and your hilariously old Stan Musial. I'd rather keep Heilmann, the righty bat, if I'm trading for lefties. Let me know what you think.

I had a heilmann waner platoon once. Waner got traded to the muggers.

Anyway I can't move olerud and Musial simultaneously. Any conceivable way the deal could be expanded for both outfielders? I see you need a fifth starter. Blyleven or a Messersmith fits that bill.

I suspect we won't be able to reach consensus this season, but let me know if there's room for a deal.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Expansion Cup XIII April Injury Report

Now before I post them, something that the new owners should know: Due to the length of sims per update in the EC, unless your dude's injury is longer than like 20 games you probably shouldn't bother DLing them unless you have another reason for doing so. The injuries for <2 weeks I didn't even list! Anyway time for your teams to die:

Dryfield Golems
Bret Saberhagen (SP) (Bravely sacrificed himself to get Doc in the rotation) - 62 days
Urban Shockey (SP) (Forgot he was the setup man, attempted the same) - 16 days

Ottawa Mounties
Clark Griffith (Maple Syrup Poisoning) - 53 days

Wu-Tang Tiger Style
Stan Musial (Got hosed with) - 22 days

Vonnie & Ed's Excellent Adventure
Babe Herman (Tried to give Mordecai his pinky) - 15 days

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Zodiac5000 posted:

TRADE ALERT

The South Dakota Marmosets send:
1907 Walter Johnson
1907 Cy Falkenberg
1902 Freddy Parent

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police send:
1990 Paul Molitor
1990 Robin Yount

Please don't trade Walter Johnson until after the main season ends and you get an opportunity to get offers from Super/Subpar league owners. I know I'd be willing to make one.

EDIT: Actually, to all Expansion Cup owners, don't bother trading yet. As of right now, all you can do is trade with other EC teams, and it's pointless. The best case scenario this early is that you trick another owner into giving up someone good, and you probably hurt your own draft stock by winning too much. Wait until after the EC, see how your team does, and then panic accordingly.

TheFlyingLlama fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jun 17, 2014

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Please don't trade Walter Johnson until after the main season ends and you get an opportunity to get offers from Super/Subpar league owners. I know I'd be willing to make one.

Seconded.

Beet
Aug 24, 2003

It occurs to me I never did reset a personal catcher for Downing after I sent Nichols down, so I'm going to do that now please assign Brian Downing as catcher for Jon Matlack. Also, Rickey's getting tired and I don't want to risk him getting any worse, so please sit Rickey for the week in favor of Larry Doby.

And one last thing:

:siren:Trade!:siren:

Somali Pirates send:
2003 Chase Utley
Khartoum Doom send:
4th Dispersal Draft pick

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Beet posted:

Somali Pirates send:
2003 Chase Utley
Khartoum Doom send:
4th Dispersal Draft pick

Sure.

Now I can rest Sandberg!

Put Utley in for Sandberg for this week, send down Jose Valentin to make room

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

ChampRamp posted:

:siren:I NEED A PITCHER. I HAVE THINGS TO TRADE. LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO TRADE QUICKLY:siren:

Yeah, I feel bad that you're down to startign a thing called an Aaron MacPhedron, so I'd like to offer 1966 Larry Dierker. He sucks, but unlike one of your options, he is actually a man who at one point both existed and played Major League Baseball, and I'll give him to you for Ryan Zimmerman because holy smokes Chipper Jones is bad.

e: oh wait today is "lovely Trade Offer Day" so the bidding starts at Dierker for your entire infield plus your next seven Super League first rounders

CraigK fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jun 17, 2014

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

FairGame posted:

I had a heilmann waner platoon once. Waner got traded to the muggers.

Anyway I can't move olerud and Musial simultaneously. Any conceivable way the deal could be expanded for both outfielders? I see you need a fifth starter. Blyleven or a Messersmith fits that bill.

I suspect we won't be able to reach consensus this season, but let me know if there's room for a deal.

Maybe something like Waner + Heilmann for Olerud + Musial + Blyleven or Messersmith + your 4th round DD pick?

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

mentholmoose posted:

Maybe something like Waner + Heilmann for Olerud + Musial + Blyleven or Messersmith + your 4th round DD pick?

What, are you hoping that FairGame suffers a massive brain injury before the end of the season? Why is everyone except Beet and McFreeze making such terrible trade offers today? "Oh, I'll trade you my fourth outfielder and, in exchange, you trade me your elite middle infield and, just to make it a bit more fair, you give me your ace, too."

Come on!

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Smasher Dynamo posted:

What, are you hoping that FairGame suffers a massive brain injury before the end of the season? Why is everyone except Beet and McFreeze making such terrible trade offers today? "Oh, I'll trade you my fourth outfielder and, in exchange, you trade me your elite middle infield and, just to make it a bit more fair, you give me your ace, too."

Come on!

Mine wasn't a rip-off! I'm giving him a warm body in exchange for the worst bat in his minors!

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Well, I thought that was sort of fair, since his Musial is old as poo poo, Blyleven and Messersmith have both been terrible, and the pick is near worthless anyways.

Nevermind then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

mentholmoose posted:

Well, I thought that was sort of fair, since his Musial is old as poo poo, Blyleven and Messersmith have both been terrible, and the pick is near worthless anyways.

Nevermind then.

Yeah, sorry, I've just been irritable lately because this season is way too loving long, and I've been spending too much time on these updates, and while you're all enthusiastic about saving your teams, which is great, I don't really have any skin in the game, and whenever I see lineup changes and trades, I just know that it's more work for me.

The Super-League is an exhausting endeavor.