Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RustedChrome
Jun 10, 2007

"do not hold the camera obliquely, or the world will seem to be on an inclined plane."
Anybody have tips for getting ink stains out of a fedora?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
Guys, they're right. Fountain pens are p. dumb.

This thread is now about artesianal pencils:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkSmaFAuaH4&feature=youtu.be

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

hate pants posted:

instead of using a laptop and a router to access the internet, lets assemble persian titanium ethernet cables connected to a 1.5mgz powerbook adaptor plugged into a golden covered port. ooh my internet is so much faster now. time to write my grocery list!

It works for audiophiles :viggo:

Also gently caress bic pens and ball pens biros in general, it's loving uncomfortable.

hate pants
Jul 17, 2012

FUCK PANTS 4 LYFE
i'm sure having to routinely clean and inspect and put ink into your expensive (very gay) pens is way more cost effective than buying 900 cheapo pens and swimming in pen paradise. how many of you have spilled bottles of ink on yourselfs? you're dumb

hate pants
Jul 17, 2012

FUCK PANTS 4 LYFE

Clockwork Beast!
Jan 18, 2007

Clockwork beast! Clockwork beast! We're doomed!

Please stop posting pics of my todo lists tia

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

hate pants posted:

i'm sure having to routinely clean and inspect and put ink into your expensive (very gay) pens is way more cost effective than buying 900 cheapo pens and swimming in pen paradise. how many of you have spilled bottles of ink on yourselfs? you're dumb

I was going to eat a delicious dinner tonight but then I realized it was more cost effective to have some plain gruel and water. Tomorrow I will donate all my clothing to charity and dress only in burlap sacks* because cost effectiveness is the only standard by which we should live our lives.

*Obviously I first need to head over to the Something Awful Burlap Sack hobby forum to see what thread count I should look for in a burlap sack, plus which countries produce the finest burlap sack material, and washing / care instructions and such.

hate pants
Jul 17, 2012

FUCK PANTS 4 LYFE
you're a grown man who writes with a fountain pen.

hate pants
Jul 17, 2012

FUCK PANTS 4 LYFE
bein' burned by pen nerds

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I'm going to break into your houses and bend the gently caress out of your nibs.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Tochiazuma posted:

I was going to eat a delicious dinner tonight but then I realized it was more cost effective to have some plain gruel and water. Tomorrow I will donate all my clothing to charity and dress only in burlap sacks* because cost effectiveness is the only standard by which we should live our lives.

*Obviously I first need to head over to the Something Awful Burlap Sack hobby forum to see what thread count I should look for in a burlap sack, plus which countries produce the finest burlap sack material, and washing / care instructions and such.

This analogy doesn't work because spending money on quality food is a worthwhile investment for anyone but fancy pens are an esoteric hobby for the kind of geeks who like collectables.

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

kraftwerk singles posted:

This analogy doesn't work because spending money on quality food is a worthwhile investment for anyone but fancy pens are an esoteric hobby for the kind of geeks who like collectables.

Some folks collect stuff for a hobby, others spend their time telling other people their hobbies are stupid as a hobby

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

hate pens posted:

Show me on the doll where the fountain pen touched you

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

Pilot Metropolitan.

pienipple fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jun 17, 2014

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Please do let us know which hobbies are acceptable.

hate pants
Jul 17, 2012

FUCK PANTS 4 LYFE

Tochiazuma posted:

Some folks collect stuff for a hobby, others spend their time telling other people their hobbies are stupid as a hobby

ur right dude! my hobby is scissors. but not like cheap hobby lobby scissors u so-called "normal" people use (lol). i like plated titanium scissors with customized handles and ergonomic blades and sweet rear end insignia burned on so that when i cut my nieces construction paper i dont look gay, or dumb, cause im not, gently caress u u are dumb, u use regular scissors you bought at office max lmao

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

hate pants posted:

ur right dude! my hobby is scissors. but not like cheap hobby lobby scissors u so-called "normal" people use (lol). i like plated titanium scissors with customized handles and ergonomic blades and sweet rear end insignia burned on so that when i cut my nieces construction paper i dont look gay, or dumb, cause im not, gently caress u u are dumb, u use regular scissors you bought at office max lmao

Gibbis is leaking.
Also €0.50 scissors off the rack are suitable for every type of work ranging from cutting a piece of paper every two weeks to trimming my hedge, amirite.

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

hate pants posted:

Why r u using scissors to cut anything instead of something super hetero like a machete or a bowie knife

r u gay or dumb or sumthing

dude

hate pants
Jul 17, 2012

FUCK PANTS 4 LYFE
what do you use pens for besides writing poo poo down? niggaz need some heavy duty pens

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Tochiazuma posted:

Why r u using scissors to cut anything instead of something super hetero like a machete or a bowie knife

r u gay or dumb or sumthing

dude

Get your :biotruths: straight man, the beta male is the up-and-coming alpha male, nerds are more like omega males :viggo:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

hate pants posted:

what do you use pens for besides writing poo poo down? niggaz need some heavy duty pens
Doctors recommend using fountain pens if your hand cramps from writing a lot. Also man toys are cool.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

hate pants posted:

Yeah that's nice and all duder but when are you gonna post pics of your scissors? I mean poo poo you talk 'em up like they're the tightest poo poo but where the gently caress are they?

Bet you don't even have scissors. Fuckin' poseurs ITT

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

blowfish posted:

Doctors recommend using fountain pens if your hand cramps from writing a lot. Also man toys are cool.

Thank you for admitting they are expensive toys that don't add value.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

hate pants posted:

I write correspondence with my pens. I like writing letters.

RustedChrome
Jun 10, 2007

"do not hold the camera obliquely, or the world will seem to be on an inclined plane."

blowfish posted:

Gibbis is leaking.

If this thread is going to become as moronic and un-funny as the rest of GBS, I'm out. :horse:

hate pants
Jul 17, 2012

FUCK PANTS 4 LYFE

WilliamAnderson posted:

I write correspondence with my pens. I like writing letters.

Dear Grandma,

Do you liek this new pen I bought? It's a Revolution DX-78 Stainless MC8 with matching grip and personalized holding features. I hope I get to show it to you one day. Maybe then you'll get rid of that old piece of junk pen you've been using to do sign your social security and pay for grandpas medical bills. Anyway, have I told you aboutt League of Legends? Well here goes.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
I've used the platinum preppy (in purple) and loved the ink color that it has. It's that bright purple that you see in preteen girls' diaries and love notes. Anyone have any ideas as to what ink will get close to that shade?

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

hate pants posted:

Dear Grandma,

Do you liek this new pen I bought? It's a Revolution DX-78 Stainless MC8 with matching grip and personalized holding features. I hope I get to show it to you one day. Maybe then you'll get rid of that old piece of junk pen you've been using to do sign your social security and pay for grandpas medical bills. Anyway, have I told you aboutt League of Legends? Well here goes.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

dino. posted:

I've used the platinum preppy (in purple) and loved the ink color that it has. It's that bright purple that you see in preteen girls' diaries and love notes. Anyone have any ideas as to what ink will get close to that shade?

Pilot Metropolitan.

Platinum makes their own ink. They have one bottled purple, Silky Purple. Is that the color?
They also sell Platinum Purple cartridges, which might be the actual ink that came with the pen.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
QQ that's so pricey. But the mix free looks an awful lot like the one I like. Wish there was a less $$$$ option.

Thelonious Monk
Apr 2, 2008

Life and music: all about style.

dino. posted:

QQ that's so pricey. But the mix free looks an awful lot like the one I like. Wish there was a less $$$$ option.

60mL of ink will last for years. If you like the color and plan to use it frequently there's no reason to not buy ink in bottles.

Or you can just replace the platinum preppy, but that gets even more costly over time.

Thelonious Monk fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jun 17, 2014

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Thank you for admitting they are expensive toys that don't add value.

Thank you for describing Montblanc and the xbone. Now get a Pilot Metropolitan like a civilised human being.
Also you can get 1l of Pelikan blue or black for about $20. Should last for a decade or two.

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jun 17, 2014

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

Bought some Parker Quink Black. Sounds lewd.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Hellbeard posted:

Bought some Parker Quink Black. Sounds lewd.

Sweet, I didn't realise there were Rotring 600s with retractable tips.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

cobalt impurity posted:

Guys, they're right. Fountain pens are p. dumb.

This thread is now about artesianal pencils:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkSmaFAuaH4&feature=youtu.be

:ughh:

That has to be performance art, but it's right up the alley of the marketing departments of Montblanc and the Italian pen manufacturers.

Now gimme that Delta Fusion with it's gold steel combination nib. Did you know it enhances the physical-chemical properties of the ink in concert thanks to its production characteristics? Did you know that a precious metal plate on top of a boring old steel nib heats up the ink for superior flow? I'm not making that poo poo up (pdf) :eng99:.

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jun 17, 2014

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

blowfish posted:

Sweet, I didn't realise there were Rotring 600s with retractable tips.

Though there are, they're called Rotring 800s, these are 600 fountain pens.

Edit: pics

Pretty sure they're both generation 2 (because the print, cap and knurling). The black one I replaced the feed because I'm a complete idiot and accidentally destroyed it.

Hellbeard fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Jun 17, 2014

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Thelonious Monk posted:

60mL of ink will last for years. If you like the color and plan to use it frequently there's no reason to not buy ink in bottles.

Or you can just replace the platinum preppy, but that gets even more costly over time.

Hahah I'm aware that 60 ml will last. Just used to spending in the neighbourhood of like $10 - $12 for ink. I will be able to get some, because it's not a colour I use everyday. If it means that I can get that shade that I want, it'll be worth it once I have a bit of income.

hate pants
Jul 17, 2012

FUCK PANTS 4 LYFE

blowfish posted:

:ughh:

That has to be performance art, but it's right up the alley of the marketing departments of Montblanc and the Italian pen manufacturers.

Now gimme that Delta Fusion with it's gold steel combination nib. Did you know it enhances the physical-chemical properties of the ink in concert thanks to its production characteristics? Did you know that a precious metal plate on top of a boring old steel nib heats up the ink for superior flow? I'm not making that poo poo up (pdf) :eng99:.

lol you think the pencil guy is stupid and you compared him to a pen manufacturer. i like expensive gay pens but not THIS kind. retard.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

hate pants posted:

lol you think the pencil guy is stupid and you compared him to a pen manufacturer. i like expensive gay pens but not THIS kind. retard.

Pretentious luxury product makers are retarded and sometimes happen to make pens, but good pens that aren't clunky rich people accessoires with a writing function tacked on are still nice to use. No wait, that represents a slight departure from a simplistic black and white argument.

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Jun 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

QPZIL posted:

I just ordered a TWSBI Diamond 580 Rose Gold with a 1.1 stub nib, and I'm super excited to get it.

You're going to love it. All my life I have been using cheap, plastic pens just fot work and various projects. I've recently gotten my hands on TWSBI Dia (for short) and I am in love. It really gets the job done and leaves such a pleasurable experience.