Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

Capcom has a good history for fan stuff, if memory serves, so I wouldn't be too worried about this getting canned. Hell, they might even appropriate it as an official release like they did with Street Fighter X Mega Man.
Yeah, people have asked Capcom about fanworks before and the official reply has always been that they're cool with pretty much anything as long as you don't make money off of it.

Anyway, Inti released a bunch of new Gunvolt screens and art, showing two new bosses: http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201406060019/

Bunch of details:
-The bosses use special swords to contain their power and transform into their armored forms. The transformation is referred to as Armed Phenomenon.
-Daytona (fire boss) used to run a street gang before joining Sumeragi Armed Corps. Now he protects one of Sumeragi's chemical plants.
-Elise is a new boss based on envy. She was kidnapped and experimented on by Sumeragi because of her power, which allows her to resurrect the dead. However, the experiments kinda went wrong and she accidentally killed everyone in the facility, which is now abandoned except for her zombies. Sumeragi's brainwashing also caused her to develop an aggressive split personality, who gets her own body whenever Elise transforms. Her attacks include throwing around kunai made from industrially processed venomous snakes (which she can then resurrect into snake zombies that attack Gunvolt independently), zipping around the room with a snake-shaped whip and turning Gunvolt into stone with her gaze. Whenever one of her bodies dies, the other can use her Special Skill to resurrect her, so they both have to be killed at the same time.
-The other new boss is Stratos, based on gluttony. His ability allows him to transform his body into a giant fly-shaped energy form that consumes anything in its path. His attacks include trying to eat Gunvolt with his fly form and summoning swarms of insects. His Special Skill involves him creating two giant maws that suck up insects from the area and absorb them into his body. If the maws aren't destroyed in time, he gets huge and kills Gunvolt in one hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tengames posted:

wait did am2r just suddenly get a C&D lately? its site lists absoltuely nothing about it and it has a demo from last month. Google brings up nothing.

Hmmm, I had heard that it had gotten a C&D from a podcast I listen to, but maybe it was a different thing they were talking about, or they were mistaken? Weird. Good to see the information was incorrect at least!

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

legoman727 posted:

It still can't be any worse than the Streets of Rage remake that got C&D'd by Sega the DAY it released and was only on the internet for a few hours before the devs could fully bug fix the initial release.

Slightly off topic, but did you know that the devs have, in fact, gone back and done a bugfix and retuning update since? v5.0a came out late last year, a good two years after the original release/C&D debacle, and to very little fanfare. I only just found out about it myself.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I took the SOR C&D as a good move by Sega. They waited for it to come out before the C&D'd it. They most likely knew very well that it was already out there and in the hands of people who wanted it before telling them to stop.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Tamashii Nations just announced this SH Figuarts of Megaman Zero's Zero:

...like a web store exclusive.

Is there a chance for this to hit american shores without having an inflated price tag?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Are you sure that it's a web exclusive, cause i've heard nothing of the sort and just figured it was a standard release.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
According to this and this is a web store exclusive, however, the second link says that previous Megaman exclusives came here on retail so here's hoping it happens again.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Tamashii Nations just announced this SH Figuarts of Megaman Zero's Zero:

...like a web store exclusive.

Is there a chance for this to hit american shores without having an inflated price tag?

I'm definitely getting it but I really wish they would do Protoman and X2 armor X as well.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
And Zero's confirmed to arrive at retail!

At 50 bucks :v:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

AHungryRobot posted:

The smart thing to do would be to arrange a deal with the creators to release it as an official entry in the X series.

The smart thing to do is to not advertise your fan game or associate yourself with it at all. One day, a zip file shows up on megaupload, and a brand new youtube account posts a trailer with the link, never to be updated again. And no one ever takes credit for it. No teaser trailers, concept art, progress reports, nothing, and the game has no credits roll.

Chrono Resurrection exists in a finished state, but if it ever gets released, Square-Enix will KNOW it was the dudes, because they put their names all over it.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
I agree but I was talking about the smart thing to do from Capcom's perspective.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

The smart thing to do is to not advertise your fan game or associate yourself with it at all. One day, a zip file shows up on megaupload, and a brand new youtube account posts a trailer with the link, never to be updated again. And no one ever takes credit for it. No teaser trailers, concept art, progress reports, nothing, and the game has no credits roll.

Chrono Resurrection exists in a finished state, but if it ever gets released, Square-Enix will KNOW it was the dudes, because they put their names all over it.

The case with Chrono Resurrection was that they were using it to advertise the game engine they were making.

The best way to be safe with that sort of thing is to just make it perfectly clear that you're doing it as a fan, and you're not seeking to profit off of it in any way.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Srice posted:

The best way to be safe with that sort of thing is to just make it perfectly clear that you're doing it as a fan, and you're not seeking to profit off of it in any way.

That has no effect on the legality of it or the company's decisions regarding it. Sure, it improves your odds, but all it takes is a single exec thinking you're damaging the brand or competing with an upcoming product to get it taken down, no matter what assurances you were given. That's what happened to Streets of Rage Remake. There's nothing stopping Capcom from reversing their fan work policy on a dime if some jobs are shifted around.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I'm sure a lot of you have seen this, but crossposting from the Smash Bros thread...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wnnv5zySAk

:20bux: says people will start yelling this anytime they successfully pull off Mega Man's Final Smash. Also, the little intro sequence showing all of the alternate Mega Mans (Mega Men?) being summoned is pretty loving sick.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Obeast posted:

I'm sure a lot of you have seen this, but crossposting from the Smash Bros thread...

:20bux: says people will start yelling this anytime they successfully pull off Mega Man's Final Smash. Also, the little intro sequence showing all of the alternate Mega Mans (Mega Men?) being summoned is pretty loving sick.

I have no idea what happened there, just like with every Smash Bros. game after the first.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

And of course 5 minutes later someone did this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkvvowZEJkM

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Obeast posted:

I loooove that the trigger attack for it is the Black Hole Bomb. :allears:

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

so capcom shareholders didn't vote to renew the company's takeover defense, meaning the company could now be bought. So who do you think might buy them out and then do nothing with megaman ever?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I'm really curious why this vote would fail. Also, Jonathan Blow will buy them out with his sweet sweet Witness cash.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Tengames posted:

so capcom shareholders didn't vote to renew the company's takeover defense, meaning the company could now be bought. So who do you think might buy them out and then do nothing with megaman ever?

I hope Nintendo or Sega (they're back in the publishing game right?) because they're the only two companies that could come to mind that aren't chasing all those sweet COD bucks.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

senae posted:

I hope Nintendo or Sega (they're back in the publishing game right?) because they're the only two companies that could come to mind that aren't chasing all those sweet COD bucks.

It'll probably be Namco-Bandai. And then we'll see Megaman X in Soul Calibur or something. That series always has weird guest stars.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Tengames posted:

The sooner Capcom gets bought out the better. At least their franchises will have a chance to get their dignity back.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
We should raise a kickstarter for funds to buy Capcom, then give the Mega Man rights to Comcept :v:

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
I'll put in some cash but only if I get full control of Bionic Commando. :v:

kefkafloyd fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jun 17, 2014

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

senae posted:

I'd rather they get bought by EA. Nothing worse than getting locked to a single platform.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

I'd rather they get bought by EA. Nothing worse than getting locked to a single platform.

I'd rather they not get bought by EA. They'd somehow be more dead there than at Capcom proper.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Sega, because Nintendo doesn't do anything on PC and Capcom and Sega do.

Namco because the crossover games are fun and that would just mean more of that.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
I think Square-Enix could be a fairly decent new owner for Capcom - I mean, it seemed to work out pretty well for Eidos. Plus, they've been experimenting with opening some of their unused franchises for crowdfunding, which might be exactly what Mega Man needs given the success of MN9. Of course, whether Squeenix actually has any interest in buying Capcom is a big question mark. On one hand, the Eidos buyout was a move to give them a better foothold in the western market and that's not really applicable to Capcom. On the other hand, batween Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy AND Monster Hunter they'd have a pretty scary amount of leverage on the Japanese market.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
If anyone's going to buy them it'll be a media conglomerate that wants a foothold into the mobile/F2P games industry.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Pureauthor posted:

If anyone's going to buy them it'll be a media conglomerate that wants a foothold into the mobile/F2P games industry.

Because that's worked out so well with Mega Man.

Also, my first idea was Konami merging with Capcom, but then I remembered that Gradius is deader than Mega Man.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Doc V posted:

I think Square-Enix could be a fairly decent new owner for Capcom - I mean, it seemed to work out pretty well for Eidos. Plus, they've been experimenting with opening some of their unused franchises for crowdfunding, which might be exactly what Mega Man needs given the success of MN9. Of course, whether Squeenix actually has any interest in buying Capcom is a big question mark. On one hand, the Eidos buyout was a move to give them a better foothold in the western market and that's not really applicable to Capcom. On the other hand, batween Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy AND Monster Hunter they'd have a pretty scary amount of leverage on the Japanese market.

Square Enix seems like a much better publisher than a developer now, especially when they're responsible for funding games like Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Sleeping Dogs, and Just Cause 2. They did publish games like Hitman: Absolution and Thief 4, but the former probably didn't have the confidence that Hitman's gameplay would be accessible enough, and the latter was in development hell.

They also have the habit of blaming their successful Western games for not propping up their own disasters like FFXIV, but if XV actually turns out well then their Japanese teams can be a bit more self-reliant.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Light Gun Man posted:

Namco because the crossover games are fun and that would just mean more of that.

I wouldn't be able to contain myself for that Idolm@ster DLC armor.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Takoluka posted:

I wouldn't be able to contain myself for that Idolm@ster DLC armor.

What game? All of them. :getin:

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

MMX9, with DLC idolmaster operators in place of Alia, Layer, and Palette.

...That's some creepy gently caress's wet dream, isn't it?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

That loving Sned posted:

They also have the habit of blaming their successful Western games for not propping up their own disasters like FFXIV, but if XV actually turns out well then their Japanese teams can be a bit more self-reliant.

That was the last president. They fired him.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Kurui Reiten posted:

MMX9, with DLC idolmaster operators in place of Alia, Layer, and Palette.

...That's some creepy gently caress's wet dream, isn't it?

I suspect that the idea of having three personality-deficient female robot "characters" acting in passive support roles is such to suggest that was the basic intent of the characters all along. They're not exactly there for any plot or gameplay purpose, they're just pointless "here are three flavors of female, look at them". The conceit seems much the same.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
Does anyone have the link to that Japanese mega mouse game?

I want to play it again and I forgot where I found it.

I remember it had fridgemouse, smokemouse, and milk?mouse.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

YourAverageJoe posted:

That was the last president. They fired him.

That's good. As far as consoles and PCs go, Square Enix is just 'Eidos, featuring Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest'. Even in Japan they're probably responsible for publishing more Call of Duty games than Final Fantasy ones.

The only reason to own Mega Man now is to have the rights to re-release the older games. Mighty No. 9 is pretty much the future of the series, especially since all Capcom's done with it recently is release dreadful games like Xover and the iOS remake of X, and let him be used in Smash Bros.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

I suspect that the idea of having three personality-deficient female robot "characters" acting in passive support roles is such to suggest that was the basic intent of the characters all along. They're not exactly there for any plot or gameplay purpose, they're just pointless "here are three flavors of female, look at them". The conceit seems much the same.

Aren't all three of them playable, though?

I haven't actually played X8, but I heard something also about Layer being broken due to something involving weapons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Aren't all three of them playable, though?

I haven't actually played X8, but I heard something also about Layer being broken due to something involving weapons?

Layer is broken, because you basically get two Zeros.