Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Cerepol posted:

My main problem so far is rocket punch's confusion. If I can't control my guys I can't stop the counter-attacks they provoke and the lack of HiPots when I need em. So I've unequipped my Dancer/Geomancer and put them on slap-out-of-it and healing roles.

Tips/Suggestions/Help?

Lamia's Tiaras prevent Confusion and can be worn by everyone on your team; your Dancer can also wear the Rainbow Dress instead, which will allow her to keep her Ribbon for other status immunities. You can buy the Tiaras in Moore, and there's a Rainbow Dress in one of the chests in the Castle section of the Rift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Cerepol posted:

Tips/Suggestions/Help?

You will want to run Lamia's Tiaras on everyone - that will prevent Confusion. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to prevent Encircle short of the Dragon's Kiss mix. If you're getting 8000 damage per Quadflect, then you'll need seven shots. You're basically going to need a loving ocean of elixirs, and throw them in response to practically every action. I'd also go and get Float on your whole party to avoid his Earth Shakers.

Reverend Catharsis
Mar 10, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

You... You have a Chemist. :psyduck:

Like, just follow this guide to the letter: http://www.garath.net/Sullla/FF/omegashinryuu.html

e: except instead of being dumb and attacking with Shadow Flare, land 5-6 Turtle Soup mixes and then go ham with Succubus' Kiss.

Yes thank you I've had half a dozen people give me delightfully useful information that is in-depth and clear on how to beat Omega.

I also know to take equipment that negates his atomic ray, ideally flame shields and flame rings. Except there's one teensy tiny problem.

I DON'T GET ENOUGH TIME TO DO A GODDAMNED THING. Without fail he will ALWAYS blast off two or three Wave Cannons and/or Earthquakes BEFORE I CAN EVEN START DAMAGING HIM. This makes beating him ever so slightly on the difficult side. Chemist might break the game but it means absolutely fuckall if you are not given the chance to actually DO THINGS before you are dead.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

ok how the gently caress do I beat Archeoavis with Black Mage/Summoner/Bard? I don't appear to have the physical damage capable of chipping away the final form and he's immune to every spell I have.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Reverend Catharsis posted:

Yes thank you I've had half a dozen people give me delightfully useful information that is in-depth and clear on how to beat Omega.

I also know to take equipment that negates his atomic ray, ideally flame shields and flame rings. Except there's one teensy tiny problem.

I DON'T GET ENOUGH TIME TO DO A GODDAMNED THING.

Use Hermes Sandals? This really isn't hard. You can !Mix immunity to basicliterally everything.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Reverend Catharsis posted:

I DON'T GET ENOUGH TIME TO DO A GODDAMNED THING. Without fail he will ALWAYS blast off two or three Wave Cannons and/or Earthquakes BEFORE I CAN EVEN START DAMAGING HIM. This makes beating him ever so slightly on the difficult side. Chemist might break the game but it means absolutely fuckall if you are not given the chance to actually DO THINGS before you are dead.

But... you have three people that you can control, so give all three Mix and do this to the letter:

-1) Equip at least your Omega Killer with a Reflect Ring - based upon your jobs, this should be your Geomancer, with as much +Magic gear as they can wear, but ideally everyone minus your dead Berserker
0) Get into a fight before you start anything and give everyone Float using the Levisalve Mix (Antidote + Maiden's Kiss)
1) First round of action: Monk mixes Goliath Tonic (Dragon Fang + Elixir) at Geomancer. Geomancer mixes Hasty-Ade (Eye Drops + Turtle Shell) at them self. Chemist mixes Dragon's Kiss (Dragon Fang + Maiden's Kiss) at Geomancer.
2) Omega first action: Either Atomic Ray (bounces off your reflect rings), Blaster (bounces off your reflect rings), or Delta Attack (bounces off your reflect rings)
3) Second round of action: Monk mixes Dragon Defenses (Dragon Fang + Phoenix Down) at Geomancer. Geomancer mixes Life Potion (Holy Water + Phoenix Down) at them self. Chemist mixes Resist Fire (Ether + Eye Drops) at Geomancer.
4) Omega second action: Surge Beam. Lose 50% of your HP + HP Leak status.
5) Third round of action: Geomancer saves their own life with an X-Potion (Ether + Potion). Monk and Chemist mix Dragon Power (Dragon Fang + Potion) at your Geomancer. They will soon die, ignore them.
6) Omega third action: Either Rainbow Wind (useless), Flamethrower (heals your Geomancer or kills one of your mooks), or Atomic Ray (bounces off your reflect rings)
7) At this point, you have invalidated every action on his repertoire aside from Mustard Bomb. Proceed to alternate leveling yourself with Dragon Power (+20 Levels a dose) and healing yourself with X-Potions until you are level 255.
8) You are now level 255. Proceed to alternate halving Omega's defenses with Turtle Soup (Turtle Shell + Antidote) a total of six times to reduce his Magic Defense to 2 and healing yourself with X-Potions.
9) You may now attack. Mix Succubus' Kiss (Turtle Shell + Maiden's Kiss). This will do shitfucktons of damage and heal you for shitfucktons of health. If he reacts with Mustard Bomb and a Surge Beam is coming up soon, X-Potion yourself instead of attacking so that you are at full HP for the impending Surge Beam. Otherwise, heal off of your next attack.
10) GOLDEN GEAR GET

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
^ Advantage: Geomancer

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Welp, starting out with monk this time. Off to a greaaaaat start.

Reverend Catharsis
Mar 10, 2010
I really do appreciate your efforts to help me do this Kyro I really do, no smartassing, for srs. But I'm tired and there's stuff going on and I've already tweeted victory to Gilgabot. I'm done this run. Maybe next time.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Whew, it was hard guys but I totally beat the Hiryuu plant. drat, what a difficult fight this was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgoY8pWy1SY

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Omega, what are you doing over there? Trying to give me a heart attack?

Because I loving jumped more from that waterfall shortcut nearly landing me on Omega than any horror movie could manage.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I always save Golem on my way through. He's so pathetic with his "Help Me!"

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Healing a seal guardian so it gets out of magic range because it'd oneshot my whole party. fjf.png.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Is it worth getting all those Elixirs on the timed sequence in the castle? I honestly kinda want to get only the Ribbon/Elven Mantle/Main Gauche/Esuna.

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jun 17, 2014

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

VisAbsoluta posted:

Is it worth getting all those Elixirs on the timed sequence in the castle? I honestly kinda want to get only the Ribbon/Elven Mantle/Main Gauche/Esuna.

If you got the time, sure. Elixirs are always good, assuming you're the kind of person that actually uses high power consumables in RPGs. Also be sure to get the money chests. Greed is good.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

VisAbsoluta posted:

It wouldn't hurt, but if you think it'd be cutting it too close, it's fine to pass them up. Though you should be able to blitz through all the trapped chests fairly easily by spamming Shiva at them, especially if you've got Frost Rods to boost the damage. Or just breaking rods in general if you have a healthy supply.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

VisAbsoluta posted:

Not vitally necessary, but you should have plenty of time. You could always go back to the wind shrine to farm them (like I just did to replenish after X-Death).

But most of them are on the way to the real treasure anyway, so just bust some skulls for the AP.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
Welp, got my earth job. Running Monk/RedMage/Ranger/Dragoon. I guess I can't really complain about Red Mage since it trivializes all of the world one roadblocks but man the endgame is going to be interesting.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?

Mort posted:

Welp, got my earth job. Running Monk/RedMage/Ranger/Dragoon. I guess I can't really complain about Red Mage since it trivializes all of the world one roadblocks but man the endgame is going to be interesting.

I've never tested it, does !Rapidfire synergize with Monk at all? That could be a nice way to make them a fairly relevant damage dealer.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Galick posted:

I've never tested it, does !Rapidfire synergize with Monk at all? That could be a nice way to make them a fairly relevant damage dealer.

I had Monk and Ranger last year for my Berserker Risk run, and !Rapidfire works just fine with Monks. You hit 8 times total and each hit still has the potential to crit.

A hilarious alternative is to slap Equip Bows on your Monk and shove them in the back row with the Yoichi Bow or Hayate Bow since you're probably going to give your Ranger the Chicken Knife anyway.

Similarly, !Focus is a good ability for your Chicken Knife wielder until you can get !Rapidfire online.

Rogue Lemon
Nov 15, 2012

:catstare: Gilgaboooooot!

Hawaiian Shirt
Oct 10, 2006

I barely even drink a lot
shhhhhhiiiiiiit that just happened to me too

Rogue Lemon
Nov 15, 2012
High-five, my brother in Berserker sorrow.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
My condolences to you both.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Thanks for the tips, guys. Just did it!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Now kill Shinryu and join Trasson in the Hall of Berserker Glory. :v:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

So once again, I had to run Omniscient out of MP after I watched my two Berserkers kill the Minotaur. If anyone else needs to do this (I had to get the submarine to get Kaiser Knuckles), just make sure you have reflect rings, set your emulator on turbo, and wait about two hours.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Melusine sure has a ton of armor for a naked chick.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

W.T. Fits posted:

I had Monk and Ranger last year for my Berserker Risk run, and !Rapidfire works just fine with Monks. You hit 8 times total and each hit still has the potential to crit.

A hilarious alternative is to slap Equip Bows on your Monk and shove them in the back row with the Yoichi Bow or Hayate Bow since you're probably going to give your Ranger the Chicken Knife anyway.

Similarly, !Focus is a good ability for your Chicken Knife wielder until you can get !Rapidfire online.

Hmm, I hadn't considered Equip Bows on the Monk. I assume this leverages the Monks crazy high physical attack? I'd rather not get !Rapidfire on everyone because I hate grinding.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I keep getting wrecked by Soul Cannon. Any advice for Black Mage/Mystic Knight/Beast Master?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Nihilarian posted:

I keep getting wrecked by Soul Cannon. Any advice for Black Mage/Mystic Knight/Beast Master?

Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Nihilarian posted:

Catch some stuff to kill the launchers ASAP, then break thunder rods and smack it with the thundara sword.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nihilarian posted:

Depends on if you want to snap Thunder Rods over your knee or not.

If not, Thundara and Thundara Sword and Blitz Whip. Soul Cannon is laughably weak to Thunder.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

KataraniSword posted:

Depends on if you want to snap Thunder Rods over your knee or not.

If not, Thundara and Thundara Sword and Blitz Whip. Soul Cannon is laughably weak to Thunder.

I'd honestly just snap rods to get the Launchers out of the way before they Old anyone. They're not weak, so meh.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I've been killing the Launchers and using thunder attacks, so I guess I'll start breaking rods.

As for my Beast master, he has a sand bear at the moment.

Hawaiian Shirt
Oct 10, 2006

I barely even drink a lot
Shinryu nothing I'm stuck on Purobolos :negative:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I eventually had to run them out of MP.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Wow, that was quicker than I expected. Rods are great.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!

Hawaiian Shirt posted:

Shinryu nothing I'm stuck on Purobolos :negative:

Give everyone Mage Mashers and hope for the best! You can use your Knight to either distribute damage around to weaken self-destructs or to help zerg down any already silenced Purobolos so they die without casting Arise. Pray that your Knight doesn't get exploded and Phoenix Down anyone who does; the bodies are more important than staying at high hp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I call this next song "Ode to RNGesus"

Here are my 7 Death Sickles in action versus the Seal Guardians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMJxVJxNTQY

• Locked thread