Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

whaley posted:

People arguing about sales numbers making the console good need to explain to me why Rihanna is the best musician on earth

Yeah man, clearly the virtual boy was the best system every released

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

NPD says Wii U only sold a pathetic 60k units in May but that's okay because Nintendo owns. Glory to games

e: Mario Kart #2 behind Watchdogs in game sales

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
(EDIT: ^^^ drat you!)

NPD numbers are coming out. Mario Kart sold well, hitting #2 on the software chart behind Watch Dogs.

Wii U hardware was up 85% over what they did this time last year. That sounds promising, except that the figure last year was 32k, which puts hardware sales for May at around 60k.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Keep in mind Mario Kart 8 had two days in May to even make an impact. While I'm sure June numbers won't be anything mind blowing I doubt the WiiU will be a complete flop for June's NPD numbers.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
The game is called Watch_Dogs. Never forget that.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Rhianna DLC for smash bros

i'd love to falcon punch rhianna and have chris brown amiibo

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Quest For Glory II posted:

NPD says Wii U only sold a pathetic 60k units in May but that's okay because Nintendo owns. Glory to games

e: Mario Kart #2 behind Watchdogs in game sales

How does 60K compare to what it needs to be selling? How does it compare to the competition? I thought the Wii U was only selling like 10K every month which is really bad but these aren't numbers I follow.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Louisgod posted:

Keep in mind Mario Kart 8 had two days in May to even make an impact. While I'm sure June numbers won't be anything mind blowing I doubt the WiiU will be a complete flop for June's NPD numbers.
MK8 is a long tail game but most games make the majority of their launch window sales in the first couple of days so it's not like it's going to sell another 1.2 million in June.

It'll be more interesting to see what kind of bump it gets from E3. Also it'll be interesting to see how poorly Xbox One sold given that everyone knew the price cut was coming in June (Wii U announced a price cut similarly a month in advance and its sales I'm pretty sure were like all-time low for that month).

Diamond Joe Biden
Dec 29, 2009

by Cowcaster

Fag Boy Jim posted:

gently caress all yankees

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Chronojam posted:

How does 60K compare to what it needs to be selling? How does it compare to the competition?

More than the bone and less than the ps4.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

ImpAtom posted:

Not every game on that list is going to turn out to be good but enough are that it still dwarfs the Wii U's output.

kill yourself you braindead human being

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Chronojam posted:

How does 60K compare to what it needs to be selling? How does it compare to the competition? I thought the Wii U was only selling like 10K every month which is really bad but these aren't numbers I follow.

For a comparison, it's basically at the same level as the lowest Gamecube monthly NPD figures ever were while that console was an active thing. Before the new consoles debuted, Xbox 360 and PS3 sales were never that low, and I want to say those consoles never dipped below 6 digits.

It may have beaten the Xbox One this month, though MS clearly threw in the towel by announcing the Kinect-less version to launch alongside E3, killing pretty much any sales they might have had as people wait for the price cut. (EDIT: Nope, later leak revealed that Xbox One still outsold Wii U.)

Fun fact: Wii U was almost outsold by the Vita this month. That Borderlands 2 bundle sold 56k units, which is a huge boost from the pathetic numbers that system had been selling (April's figure was 3k).

Austrian mook posted:

The game is called Watch_Dogs. Never forget that.

The logo has the underscore. The official title is "Watch Dogs", no underscore.

thefncrow fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jun 17, 2014

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here

Chronojam posted:

Apparently its about 4k more than the PS Vita did.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Will we ever get US sales for MK8? All we have is the global total

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Dancing games suck unless they're Miku hatsune games, then they're good games and are blessed by Odin himself.

-hates dancing games

-unless they have hatsune miku in them

are you too fat to play DDR or something? exercise is good for you broseph get off your rear end and go play a dancing game and burn those calories boy

gay skull fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 17, 2014

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Astro7x posted:

Will we ever get US sales for MK8? All we have is the global total

According to the guy on neogaf who gives vague leaks, the NPD figure with the bundle copies added in was between 370k and 380k.

Apparently, hardware was basically 35k non-MK bundles, 25k MK bundles.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

The PS4 and X-Box One will have a shitload of games this holiday season. Not that many exclusives but a shitload of games.

In October alone the PS4 will have:

Skylanders (for kids, but kids buy poo poo)
Alien: Isolation
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Driveclub
Shadow of Mordor
Tropico 5
NBA 2K15
NBA Live 15
Evolve
Samurai Warriors 4
Just Dance 2015
Evil Within
Assassin's Creed: Unity
WWE 2K15

and probably other stuff to be announced.

To put that into perspective:
The PS4 has more big-name titles coming out on October 7th by itself than the Wii U has for the rest of the year.

Hmm. You're right. Those are all really great games that I would love to play, and would certainly justify purchasing a PS4.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Not every game on that list is going to turn out to be good but enough are that it still dwarfs the Wii U's output.

You're right, dude. You're totally right. Shadow of Mordor, Assassin's Creed, and Dragon Age: Inquisition are all going to be wonderful games for non-retards, and will make the Wii U's output look totally pathetic.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
hmm *pushes up idiot nerd glasses* these sales figures seriously interest me

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

conceitedguy posted:

You're right, dude. You're totally right. Shadow of Mordor, Assassin's Creed, and Dragon Age: Inquisition are all going to be wonderful games for non-retards, and will make the Wii U's output look totally pathetic.

They also all come out for PC rofl

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I don't want to play Super Mario 3D World

*turns on Dragon Age Inquisition*

Time for some manly, grown up fun

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

You buy Nintendo systems for Nintendo games, I don't see what the issue is. Everything else you play on PC because gently caress Microsoft and Sony.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

unless xbox or ps4 come out with a smash bros clone worthy enough to compete with fetish icons like penis trainer and naked suit samus, they both can eat poo poo

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

MinibarMatchman posted:

unless xbox or ps4 come out with a smash bros clone worthy enough to compete with fetish icons like penis trainer and naked suit samus, they both can eat poo poo

what did you not like the playstation smash bros featuring such iconic playstation characters such as boy tomb raider, obscure ps1 skeleton man, white guy and evil white guy

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Macaluso posted:

what did you not like the playstation smash bros featuring such iconic playstation characters such as boy tomb raider, obscure ps1 skeleton man, white guy and evil white guy

lol they even went with lovely Dante and couldn't use snake (the most prolific playstation character) because he was in smash

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
I would like a new powerstone even though i only have a vague memory of what it played like. I remember having fun with friends though playing it when i was in middle school

Diamond Joe Biden
Dec 29, 2009

by Cowcaster

Macaluso posted:

they had an ape escape rep and made it the boring anime kid instead of one of the actual apes lol

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Macaluso posted:

My favorite Playstation All-Star is bad guy mook from that one game that was an Xbox 360 exclusive for a year.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Diamond Joe Biden posted:

they had an ape escape rep and made it the boring anime kid instead of one of the actual apes lol

anime teenagers are playstation's mascot though?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

and when i think twisted metal, i think out of car combat

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Macaluso posted:

Hold up. Are you the polesmoker who wrote this

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

more like heavenly bored

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Medievil 2 loving sucked

make a Medievil 3, SONY!

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

fivegears4reverse posted:

Yeah man, clearly the virtual boy was the best system every released

Well I don't know about that

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Crash bandicoot and cloud strife were great in Sony smash bros,they really picked a great crew that's represented playstation throughout the years

And having the end boss be kevin butler was a master stroke of genius, bravo Sony

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
It's kind of weird how people who like grittier "mature" games and people who like lighthearted "family" games have been at each other's throats increasingly often lately, like are you guys incapable of letting others enjoy poo poo or something haha drat

Same goes for eastern vs western games now that I think about it

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Anybody that does not share my excellent and refined taste in video games must be made to know how terrible of a person they are and how much better I am than them.

Flectarn
May 29, 2013

Yaoi Mandel posted:

I would like a new powerstone even though i only have a vague memory of what it played like. I remember having fun with friends though playing it when i was in middle school

power stone 2 is better than smash bros, bye

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I enjoy games like Tomb Raider and Skyrim as well as games like Persona and Mario Kart.

the burden of a multi-console gamer, it is mine alone to bear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

I enjoy games like Tomb Raider and Skyrim as well as games like Persona and Mario Kart.

the burden of a multi-console gamer, it is mine alone to bear.

holy sh*t...:wth:

• Locked thread