Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

vyelkin posted:

I love him op. He's great and I hope he does it.

I do too. His socks always cracks me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Soulex posted:

I do too. His socks always cracks me up.

or the shinpads rattling around in them

adidas needs to make some that fit him, or repurpose some pencil cozies or something, drat

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Um :siren: the GERvPOR game has WAKEN Schumaker from his coma and he is out of ICU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Soulex posted:

Um :siren: the GERvPOR game has WAKEN Schumaker from his coma and he is out of ICU

Schumacher :eng101:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Goddamn it autocorrect.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Soulex posted:

Goddamn it autocorrect.

You should think about turning it off after the 100th incident.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Healbot posted:

You should think about turning it off after the 100th incident.

I think it's part of The Charm of Soulex ®

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Schumacher was like "drat lets do one sleep to wc" and then went into a coma imho.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

hopterque posted:

I think he actually went out because he reacted like a psycho and then headbutted Müller, not because of the hand to the face.
Yes. I didn't mean to suggest otherwise. Müller exaggerated Pepe's initial hit and went down, then Pepe went crazy for no reason.

Healbot posted:

It wasn't a dive
Germany is my team for the World Cup but do you really think that Pepe's initial tap sent epic shockwaves through Müller's face and body and forced him down?

rope kid fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 17, 2014

Saoritficis
Apr 23, 2008

rope kid posted:

Germany is my team for the World Cup but do you really think that Pepe's initial tap sent epic shockwaves through Müller's face and body and forced him down?

Well Müller is one scrawny guy, I mean, ya gotta be careful with people as thin as him.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

hopterque posted:

I think he actually went out because he reacted like a psycho and then headbutted Müller, not because of the hand to the face.

Why do you think Pepe was set off though? I mean, it's football, you'd expect players to be used to that sort of bullshit.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
First time post in the thread, just wanted to stop by and say the Mannschaft made me proud today. Keep it up

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Nazi confidence: high. Potential disappointment: even larger than usual.

Everything is on track for a heart-breaking semi-final loss. Already rubbing my hands with glee. Now excuse me while I finally finish the new Wolfenstein.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Wengy posted:

Everything is on track for a heart-breaking semi-final loss. Already rubbing my hands with glee. Now excuse me while I finally finish the new Wolfenstein.

Rooney spotted. What happens when the US goes further than England in the cup, do you call it quits for good then?

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Wengy posted:

Give it a few games to resolve a little clearer. It is looking good for the same old routine though. If next game we lose 2-1 and get a red card we know this is happening.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

JG Wentworth posted:

Rooney spotted. What happens when the US goes further than England in the cup, do you call it quits for good then?

Hell, England won't even make it out of the group and I'll laugh, guffaw and holler at their misfortune.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Wengy posted:

the thing is that we are pretty much used to go out in the semi finals or finals by now so the disappointment won't be that high, sorry op
unlike the English posters here about their team

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I've consulted my wall chart and germany are on track for a quater final victory over france then a semi final against brazil or spain

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

rope kid posted:

It was enough of a contact to be called on, but unless players make it look like they got shot by a sniper or start profusely bleeding officiating staff barely react in professional games.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

The thing is, I can't really think of any situations where a player takes a hand/elbow/foot to the face and doesn't go down, even if it's as soft as yesterday. Even that little unexpected contact is enough to make you stop playing, and if you're gonna stop playing why not have a little sit down too? If nothing else had happened no one would be talking about that situation at all, but Pepe is a goshdarn psychopath rear end in a top hat, so...

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I've consulted my wall chart and germany are on track for a quater final victory over france then a semi final against brazil or spain

Hahaha spain isn't gonna get out of the group maybe you meant The Netherlands?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Smirr posted:

The thing is, I can't really think of any situations where a player takes a hand/elbow/foot to the face and doesn't go down, even if it's as soft as yesterday. Even that little unexpected contact is enough to make you stop playing, and if you're gonna stop playing why not have a little sit down too? If nothing else had happened no one would be talking about that situation at all, but Pepe is a goshdarn psychopath rear end in a top hat, so...

Right, the ref didn't even stop play for that. But Pepe is dumb and decided to stop playing and give Müller a (soft) headbutt in full view of the ref.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

I kind of had this irrational hope that this WC would be different, that Germany would start out badly with a bunch of weakened or off form players, but fight their way into the tournament, find the right formation and pull through. But it looks like its back to tearing apart lesser teams (and also Portugal now) and failing against big teams in the semis again...

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Wrong. We added tearing apart good teams. :getin:

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Joking aside, I don't think England and Argentina are lesser teams.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Argentina is, when they're coached by Maradona.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

The German commentators are a blight on the sport and should all be fired into the sun

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

scourgeofthe7bees posted:

The German commentators are a blight on the sport and should all be fired into the sun

That's loving rude they've been pretty great so far.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

hopterque posted:

That's loving rude they've been pretty great so far.

:wtc: no

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Well ok great is an exaggeration but they've been totally fine and ok.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

hopterque posted:

Well ok great is an exaggeration but they've been totally fine and ok.

Gerd Gottlob is alright. Everyone else is complete and utter poo poo.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

The Ghana game will be closer, because they are less likely to totally self-destruct than Portugal, but Germany will win it anyway

Dunban posted:

Gerd Gottlob is alright. Everyone else is complete and utter poo poo.

This is correct

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva

scourgeofthe7bees posted:

This is correct
Indeed.. Especially Poschmann, loving hate that guy with his smartass comments and metaphors.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I loved the guy who did Mexico - Cameroon and went "Eto'o... no, wait" any time any Cameroonian player did anything

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
I think Thomas Wark is ok most of the time because often he just says nothing.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I quite liked it when ZDF had the radio broadcast enabled on another audio channel so I didn't need to suffer Rethy anymore.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

I hate Rethy with a fiery passion but at least he managed to wrap his head around GLT.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Healbot posted:

I quite liked it when ZDF had the radio broadcast enabled on another audio channel so I didn't need to suffer Rethy anymore.

Minor gripe: ARD did that, not ZDF.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Patting you all on the back this next game.

Lieber Deutschland :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
It looks like DeichkindTV had to take down that amazing video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI2yM23Vkb8

• Locked thread