Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Its more so I just don't care even the tiniest bit about my "lean" or going "fast".

Oh. Well then, thank you for contributing your opinion on track riding. It was thought provoking and very useful for this discussion about a track video and track safety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

xaarman posted:

Oh. Well then, thank you for contributing your opinion on track riding. It was thought provoking and very useful for this discussion about a track video and track safety.

It's springtime, the season for the new dummies. There's been a lot of them around here recently.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

nsaP posted:

It's springtime, the season for the new dummies. There's been a lot of them around here recently.

The other day I saw someone almost drop a new looking (it was dark) sportbike at a stop. Dude almost ate poo poo when he stopped at the sign, then he slowly duckwalked it around the corner and shot off.

I'm not entirely sure what all that was about.

Marxalot fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jun 17, 2014

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

KARMA! posted:

Slowing up? When did up mean down? :confused:
It's a pretty common variant of the phrase, and means the same thing.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/6603929/261cedfb/zijspan_kneedown.html

Kneedown with a passenger with a sidecar.

karms fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jun 18, 2014

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

KARMA! posted:

Slowing up? When did up mean down? :confused:

Slowing up is perfectly cromulent English

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES

xaarman posted:

Jesus christ I gave the reason why I don't care for tracking riding, not why all track riding is dumb. Stop taking things so personally.

nsaP posted:

How are you posting from so far up your own rear end in a top hat?

Slavvy posted:

I didn't say that at all. I'm saying that you should try it before you knock it. There are countless other aspects of riding which are fun beyond speed, I agree. If I could afford to own a fast-ish bike and an ADV/supermoto type thing, I would. And also, you don't need a fast bike to go fast; one of the best things I like about bikes is that just about anything is an absolute corner weapon in the right hands. Some of the best 'fast' rides I've had were on lovely slow bikes. Indeed, on the road I found the two fastest bikes I've ever ridden to be really frustrating because of my lack of ability and lack of space/circumstance to really deploy the performance available; riding something with 30-odd horsepower and skinny tyres is quite liberating.

Oh I get this. And I've ridden my friends Busa before, and man that thing rips. The initial rush is fun but maintaing that speed is just nerve wracking for me. And I agree any bike can go fast in corners, but I prefer to just take things slow and feel my knees in the breeze (in properly rated pants of course).

Motsew
Dec 31, 2004

Ripoff posted:

If the best pleasure of motorcycling is only the sensation of speed, then how on earth do the cruiser, touring, off-road and trials motorcycle markets exist? How the gently caress can Harley-Davidson sell so many 883 Sportsters and full bagger setups?

The off-road/trials market has its own challenges and rewards. As for cruisers; people watching Sons of Anarchy with a disposable income.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sure would be nice to get some pictures in this picture thread.

I gotta scan the insurance ads I found making fun of RUBs. There were vests with patches for a dentist biker chapter called BORN TO DRILL or something like that.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Slim Pickens posted:

Sure would be nice to get some pictures in this picture thread.

I gotta scan the insurance ads I found making fun of RUBs. There were vests with patches for a dentist biker chapter called BORN TO DRILL or something like that.

If only they were real bikers, sold meth and beat their wives. loving fakers.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

HNasty posted:

If only they were real bikers, sold meth and beat their wives. loving fakers.

Dressing and posing as bad asses is still funny as poo poo. See white guys that wear FUBU and say "nigga".

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Dressing and posing as bad asses is still funny as poo poo. See white guys that wear FUBU and say "nigga".

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

First good picture in the whole thread.

Shhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

"gently caress you Jimmy."

M42
Nov 12, 2012

ScienceAndMusic posted:

First good picture in the whole thread.

Shhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

I think you'll find that it's "Sheeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit" :colbert:

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

You gots the briefcase, I gots the bike.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

M42 posted:

I think you'll find that it's "Sheeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit" :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6vgiwLZk8Y

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Jesus christ I gave the reason why I don't care for tracking riding, not why all track riding is dumb. Stop taking things so personally.

Saying you don't like going fast and commenting on a video and using it as a (false) justification are two completely separate things.

On a semi related note, I really want to race a Grom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me5wjKsUsSY

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I love how they're so slow on the straights that drafting provides a massive speed boost.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

That's a fun watch. By the title I thought passenger = pillion. Guess not.

Slim Pickens posted:

Progressive, if I remember correctly. Also, when Malcolm Forbes was still alive he as his buddies would ride with colors that read "Capitalist Pigs". I'm told that any employee of Forbes' who rode could take out almost all of his bikes whenever they felt like it. That would be some perk.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

nsaP posted:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
:lol:

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
:iceburn:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

:drat:

Fantastic.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
How dare you!

I still help the dummies, I don't hate them. Don't take offense. One day y'all will look back on this time and say "drat, I was a dummy"

Part of being a dummy is not realizing that you and others are dummies

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

nsaP posted:

How dare you!

I still help the dummies, I don't hate them. Don't take offense. One day y'all will look back on this time and say "drat, I was a dummy"

Being a self aware dummy is the worst :smith:

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

nsaP posted:

If you run into an rear end in a top hat during your day, well, he's an rear end in a top hat. If you run into rear end in a top hat after rear end in a top hat all day long, then it's you are the rear end in a top hat...

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

nsaP posted:

How dare you!

Calling the new riders dummies is foolish though. Most of us are just uninformed and with practice and time we will become informed. A dummie is someone who refuses to learn and just stays ignorant without attempting to rectify their lack of knowledge. You might as well be saying a baby is stupid because it can't do basic arithmetic.

edit

Pope Mobile posted:

It's everyone. Everyone person ever is an rear end in a top hat. Even Gandhi.

http://knowledgenuts.com/2013/09/08/gandhi-was-a-creepy-racist/

quote:

During his 21 years in South Africa, he repeatedly expressed contempt for the native population, claiming they were no better than the “untouchables” of Indian society. One speech in particular stands out. In 1896, he was quoted as referring to black South Africans as the “raw kaffir, whose occupation is hunting and whose sole ambition is to collect a certain number of cattle to buy a wife with, and then pass his life in indolence and nakedness.” For those of you who aren’t up on your South African slang, “kaffir” is a direct equivalent of our N-word.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jun 18, 2014

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Pope Mobile posted:

Assholes all the way down, then?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Man, if you don't want to pass your life in indolence and nakedness, you are the true rear end in a top hat.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Sagebrush posted:

Man, if you don't want to pass your life in indolence and nakedness, you are the true rear end in a top hat.

I've read Things Fall Apart and I'm down with having three wives cook me dinner each night.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

nsaP posted:

How dare you!

Relax, you've got a long, long way to go before you're n8r!

Chichevache posted:

I've read Things Fall Apart and I'm down with having three wives cook me dinner each night.

If you want plural wives you need your head checked; dealing with one is hard enough.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Real talk, the reason people so quick to jump on new people is no one here gets paid to give advice. If someone takes the time to tell you, you're dumb and doing something wrong, take their advice don't complain about how they called you dumb. When I started riding I had no one to give me good advice, all I got was bullshit from my brother and his idiot friends. You're getting to take shortcuts.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

HNasty posted:

Real talk, the reason people so quick to jump on new people is no one here gets paid to give advice. If someone takes the time to tell you, you're dumb and doing something wrong, take their advice don't complain about how they called you dumb. When I started riding I had no one to give me good advice, all I got was bullshit from my brother and his idiot friends. You're getting to take shortcuts.

And I'm very grateful for the beratement. I didn't really know anyone else who currently rides when I started, so all the dumb questions I've asked here, and all good advice I've received has been very appreciated and utterly invaluable to my continued coma-free existence.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

MoraleHazard posted:

That's a fun watch. By the title I thought passenger = pillion. Guess not.

Haha, oops. :downs: Changed.

Edit: I'm a dummy. There, I said it.

karms fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jun 18, 2014

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

I'm not a dummy. I'm just dumb. There's a difference :colbert:

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Buell Buell Buell Buell Buell Buell Buell...

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
That open exhaust at the front pointed at the front wheel gets me every time. I know it works, and when moving it blows back, but it just seems wrong. Plus if you are burning oil wouldn't you be coating your front wheel at stops?

This shows it a bit more side oriented, so maybe it's just that aftermarket exhaust. Really great looking bike, though.

Coydog fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Yeah that's an aftermarket can. I'm not even sure which one it is. Can't use the chin fairing with it without cutting it up, I don't like it.

It'll probably schmutz itself up pretty good with the outlet in front, but I guess that's what washing your bike is for. Not sure how that would affect the tire though; the factory outlet is just fore of the rear tire. If it's burning oil it'll come out as smoke, not oil, and they (XBs) all throw some.