Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

:raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Saw a ~2000 325i BMW with M3 vents poorly taped on plus plastidipped everything. The dude driving was blasting some EDM and stared me down when I looked and smiled. Must have known I knew.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Chinatown posted:

Saw a ~2000 325i BMW with M3 vents poorly taped on plus plastidipped everything. The dude driving was blasting some EDM and stared me down when I looked and smiled. Must have known I knew.

I always stare these people down as well. They know you know. I'm looking at you SRT-6 Laredo, SRT-4 Honda Accord and Ghetto Bentley Chrysler 300, guys.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That's gonna get tipped.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

Toymachine posted:

I always stare these people down as well. They know you know. I'm looking at you SRT-6 Laredo, SRT-4 Honda Accord and Ghetto Bentley Chrysler 300, guys.

My favorite was always GT-R Mustang

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Toymachine posted:

I'm sure they were quite intimidated by you.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Octopus Magic posted:

I'm sure they were quite intimidated by you.
If he looks like he works repo they would be.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Also consider that flag out the window and the "police charity, don't write me a ticket" license plate frame, this car is triggering waves of douche chills over here. It needs to be torched in a soccer riot.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
or used as the game ball.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Every bump made this thing bounce all over the road, but it's a small price to pay to look hellaflush I suppose.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Das Volk posted:

Every bump made this thing bounce all over the road, but it's a small price to pay to look hellaflush I suppose.

Hey it's my endgame with my Civic.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Terrible car story:

I was driving back to Seattle from Portland yesterday (in my '99 E36 M3) and at one point a bit North of Tacoma, WA, there were several guys riding around in half-rusted, slammed/hellaflush Datsuns. Ok, whatever, if you guys enjoy it fine.

Traffic was a bit heavy and I was trying to maneuver around a slower car by merging over to the left lane, behind one of them. Another of them had been accelerating hard to apparently catch up. Apparently they thought I had cut him off on purpose and started tailgating me, hard. Once we passed the slower car, I merged back over to the center lane to get out of the way.

Of course these loving morons decided the best way to handle things, instead of just forgetting it and zooming on, was to attempt to box me in on the freeway at 65+mph. Seriously. All three cars. While flipping me off. While I kept merging over to the right to just get out of their way until one of them zoomed up to keep me from moving over further... and the guy in front of me kept changing lanes to stay in front of me. I was pretty concerned his was going to attempt to brake-check me. For about 30 seconds I was surrounded front, right, and rear (with all of them dangerously close to me on all sides).

Downshifting to 4th and doing a quick lane-change and accelerating put an end to that, since their little shitboxes had neither the acceleration nor maneuverability on their slammed tires that I did. :wtc: people. What was the point of that incredibly dangerous (and illegal) behavior besides dick-waving?

Kenshin fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jun 16, 2014

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Kenshin posted:

Terrible car story:

I was driving back to Seattle from Portland yesterday (in my '99 E36 M3) and at one point a bit North of Tacoma, WA, there were several guys riding around in half-rusted, slammed/hellaflush Datsuns. Ok, whatever, if you guys enjoy it fine.

Traffic was a bit heavy and I was trying to maneuver around a slower car by merging over to the left lane, behind one of them. Another of them had been accelerating hard to apparently catch up. Apparently they thought I had cut him off on purpose and started tailgating me, hard. Once we passed the slower car, I merged back over to the center lane to get out of the way.

Of course these loving morons decided the best way to handle things, instead of just forgetting it and zooming on, was to attempt to box me in on the freeway at 65+mph. Seriously. All three cars. While flipping me off. While I kept merging over to the right to just get out of their way... and the guy in front of me kept changing lanes to stay ahead of me.

Downshifting to 4th and doing a quick lane-change and accelerating put an end to that, since their little shitboxes had neither the acceleration of maneuverability on their slammed tires that I did. :wtc: people. What was the point of that incredibly dangerous (and illegal) behavior besides dick-waving?

To brutally own a nerd ahaha.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Kenshin posted:

Terrible car story:

Of course these loving morons decided the best way to handle things, instead of just forgetting it and zooming on, was to attempt to box me in on the freeway at 65+mph. Seriously. All three cars. While flipping me off. While I kept merging over to the right to just get out of their way until one of them zoomed up to keep me from moving over further... and the guy in front of me kept changing lanes to stay in front of me. I was pretty concerned his was going to attempt to brake-check me. For about 30 seconds I was surrounded front, right, and rear (with all of them dangerously close to me on all sides).

Downshifting to 4th and doing a quick lane-change and accelerating put an end to that, since their little shitboxes had neither the acceleration nor maneuverability on their slammed tires that I did. :wtc: people. What was the point of that incredibly dangerous (and illegal) behavior besides dick-waving?

:whoptc: indeed. How did they coordinate that? Do these hellaflush people drive around with CB radios or something?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bape Culture posted:

To brutally own a nerd ahaha.

I'm glad they all flipped him off!

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Zemyla posted:

:whoptc: indeed. How did they coordinate that? Do these hellaflush people drive around with CB radios or something?

I was wondering the same thing! This all happened in the span of about 1 1/2-2 minutes. I can't imagine they coordinated this between three cars on cell phones that quickly.

That or these guys are so unbalanced and aggressive that the moment they see one of their buddies driving like an idiot they decide to join in.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Zemyla posted:

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jan 4, 2020

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Extra posted:

I wouldn't mind this whole stance thing if they at least chose cars that didn't have any potential. I see something like the image below and the feeling is just apathy because it's a car with no real performance modding potential. Same guy ripped a hole into his transmission casing not long after, then didn't raise the car enough so it happened again.

Then this happened:

Clearly Facebook is the place to call for help instead of AAA :laugh:

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.
Probably too low for AAA

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Extra posted:

Then this happened:

This is exactly why I hate hellaflush. People can do whatever they want to their cars for fun or aesthetics but if your car can't handle driving on poorly maintained public roads with unforeseen bumps and construction, and you end up broken down in the middle of the road then that's now affecting everyone else because they cut corners on their dumb hobby. I think the same can be said of people unwilling to pay to properly maintain their vehicle and not drive on bald tires. If you can't afford to make your car not dangerous then it shouldn't be on public roads.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Extra posted:

I wouldn't mind this whole stance thing if they at least chose cars that didn't have any potential. I see something like the image below and the feeling is just apathy because it's a car with no real performance modding potential. Same guy ripped a hole into his transmission casing not long after, then didn't raise the car enough so it happened again.

Then this happened:

So these are the same car? How the gently caress is that license place legal.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
He's driving around in that slammed hosed up piece of poo poo with no hood, stretched tires, and you think he gives a rats rear end about legality?

PS: He's in East Orlando apparently. So the explanation is "welp, Florida."

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
One of the slammed Datsuns that tried to intimidate me had no hood either. (they all had stretched tires at stupid cambers)

Not something you see every day in the Seattle area, that's for sure.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I am not an atomic playboy.
T-RD is right. I am guessing 100% of those likes are pure schadenfreude. I would liked it too.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

All I can think of when I see poo poo like this is the first 20 seconds of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AENdc50K5aE

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Kenshin posted:

One of the slammed Datsuns that tried to intimidate me had no hood either. (they all had stretched tires at stupid cambers)

Kenshin posted:

I've had idiots try similar stunts on me when I had my '06 GTO. Two drunk rednecks in broke-rear end pickups, lots of angry Idiots in tarted up Mitsubishi Lancers, but the best was the three brotrucks. I ended up doing the same thing you did. After they caught back up, (it takes awhile to accelerate all that diamond plate, and I wasn't willing to hang out at 110+ indefinitely,) they literally dove off the highway, because they saw my profile in the car, on the phone.

I gave the troopers got all three plate numbers. Probably didn't result in anything, but I hope they at least didn't try it on anyone else, after that.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Extra posted:

Then this happened:

Close the thread. This picture is it. We've hit peak terrible car stuff. Mission accomplished everyone. High fives all around.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

rear end in a top hat Bicycle posted:

Well, I found the worst wheels on ebay:

Me. I'm terrible car stuff. I love these.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

8ender posted:

Close the thread. This picture is it. We've hit peak terrible car stuff. Mission accomplished everyone. High fives all around.

LOL the exact thing happend when some kid brought his in to our shop last winter.

Ball joint didnt have a nut on it, came apart, and ripped the axle out.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

davebo posted:

This is exactly why I hate hellaflush. People can do whatever they want to their cars for fun or aesthetics but if your car can't handle driving on poorly maintained public roads with unforeseen bumps and construction, and you end up broken down in the middle of the road then that's now affecting everyone else because they cut corners on their dumb hobby. I think the same can be said of people unwilling to pay to properly maintain their vehicle and not drive on bald tires. If you can't afford to make your car not dangerous then it shouldn't be on public roads.

It horrifies me that there are places that don't have safety checks and enforceable road worthy standards that the police actively check.

I'm not talking petty poo poo like an indicator out and the cop being a dick and not letting you duck into a petrol station and buy a new globe, I talking the people who drive vehicles which are going to kill someone.

The guy who has a jerry car on the passenger seat for a fuel tank. The person who broke their steering wheel and replaced it with a monkey wrench. The person driving a car whose frame is held together by loving timber. The person who lost a wheel and replaced it with an entire upright trolley. The other guy who lost a wheel and welded a wheelbarrow wheel in there. The guy who added air conditioning to his car by stuffing an actual A/C unit to a window and bolting a small generator to his boot.

I wish I was joking

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

To be fair the last one really isn't any different than many RVs. Yes, I'm including build quality and structural integrity in that statement.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Goddamn, this is incredible. :swoon:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Gorilla Salad posted:

The guy who has a jerry car on the passenger seat for a fuel tank. The person who broke their steering wheel and replaced it with a monkey wrench. The person driving a car whose frame is held together by loving timber. The person who lost a wheel and replaced it with an entire upright trolley. The other guy who lost a wheel and welded a wheelbarrow wheel in there. The guy who added air conditioning to his car by stuffing an actual A/C unit to a window and bolting a small generator to his boot.

I wish I was joking

To be honest that looks like the most sane thing out of everything you listed :stare:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

I saw somebody do this using the rear window of a pickup truck in Oneida County Wisconsin right by Rhinelander.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I saw somebody do this using the rear window of a pickup truck in Oneida County Wisconsin right by Rhinelander.

That should be fun in a collision.

SocketSeven
Dec 5, 2012

It's the novice driver symbol on the back that gets me.

Good thing he has a sticker to let us know he could be a hazard on the road.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

SocketSeven posted:

It's the novice driver symbol on the back that gets me.

Good thing he has a sticker to let us know he could be a hazard on the road.

That will never stop being funny. I still giggle on the rare occasion I see one these days.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I like that they perform pretty much the same warning duty as they do when used correctly - "you should probably give this one extra room, they aren't a very good driver".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Think I saw the driver in the store, since he was the only person in a Ghost in the Shell t-shirt.