Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Gotta get MacGruff some Block so those Frenzies are hella safe. Pelvis should get Kick, and the new wolf should be called Blitzer.

And save the money for now, you never know when you're going to lose another precious wolf. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Block for the Wolfman,
A zombie must wrestle all,
The new guy's name? Lazar.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Block for the superwolf

Let's have the injured zombie wrestle things and die a glorious death

Finally, the best name for a wolf is and always will be Blitzer

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'

Haystack posted:

Block for the superwolf

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Haystack posted:

Block for the superwolf

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Diving tackle on wolf.
The zombie looks shifty so shadowing.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Block for MacGruff.
Wrestle for Pelvis
Blitzer for new wolf

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Haystack posted:

Block for the superwolf

This please.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Shadowing for our MA9 player, please.

Wrestle for the zombie.

Save the money.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

jBrereton posted:

Shadowing for our MA9 player, please.

Wrestle for the zombie.

Save the money.

I'd vote for shadowing as his next one, but if he can just be punched off it's not as useful.

Block

WRESTLE KING OF SKILLS for the zombie. I'm tempted to say kick, because it's useful, but wrestlezombies are really frustrating.

Bladewolf for the new puppy.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Block, Block, Blitzer!

Luquos
Aug 9, 2009

how about we go back to my place and i conquer your world, if you know what i mean
Block for the wolf

KING OF SKILLS for Pelvis, for he is the king.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

apostateCourier posted:

I'd vote for shadowing as his next one, but if he can just be punched off it's not as useful.
Still means a Blitz or the player punching him off not moving, that's a valuable addition to the team in my book.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

my dad posted:

I have to say that I love Cuwi's team theme.

Anyway, blockfrenzywolftime and WRESTLEMANIA!

Name the new Werewolf "Teen"

Do what you want with the rest of the money.

Aw, thank you. Also, all of this except for the puppy name. Name that puppy Blitzer.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Rule number one, don't get me killed.

TheNabster posted:

Block for MacGruff.
Wrestle for Pelvis
Bladewolf for new wolf

I agree with everything.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Oh I forgot before I left for work

Horde money all day

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Shadowing

Kick

Blitzer

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
drat you phone

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Name the new wolf Who's Afraid Of Virginia

MacGruff gets Shadowing :getin:

Pelvis Costello gets KING OF SKILLS

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

NGDBSS posted:

This. Having finally looked up what Wrestle does I can see how annoying it is for someone else to tie you up with

Actually, if it's a matter of tying somebody up I I think I'd rather have block. Wrestle is valuable specifically because it puts people on the ground, even if they have block. Offensively it means you can more reliably clear away a defender and move through the hole you just made by bringing him down and getting rid of his TZ's. Defensively, clearing holes, bringing down pesky Block walls or even dragging a Blodge ball carrier to the ground are good reasons to have some wrestle around.

Maybe it's better to think about it this way. Say your zombie is standing next to the ball carrier and a Block player tries to blitz him free. He gets BD/ Skull or BD/BD. If I have wrestle, we both go down and the ball carrier runs off. If I have block they're both stuck to me. It makes him equally pesky, but much less sticky (as I was using zombies, vs the Lizardmen)

Having said that, wrestle is a valuable skill, especially when it's on not-valuable players. Zombies are great wrestlers because almost always they're bringing down a unit more valuable than they are

Thanatz
Nov 4, 2010
Look at our sideline. They look so depressed, and lonely. We need to get some cheerleaders so we can keep our fans spirits high.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Other useful thing about Wrestle - you can turn it off and end someone's turn early if they don't have Block/Wrestle but presume it's a safe block.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Block For the Wolf and Kick for Pelvis.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate
In my previous vote, I forgot to vote for Saving Money for our winnings.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

GNU Order posted:

Having said that, wrestle is a valuable skill, especially when it's on not-valuable players. Zombies are great wrestlers because almost always they're bringing down a unit more valuable than they are

Would it technically be a lunge attack?

EDIT: As far as sticking Block on him, it might be nice for sticking next to people, but I feel like we can afford to have our expendable, low MA, not particularly fantastic at punching players even with Block not have Block, more then we could on say, a Wight, or a Flesh Golem, and if we have the choice to go "gently caress this troll, get sacked small son" with that kind of cheap lovely unit, I would do it.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 17, 2014

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Block for the wolf so he can murder people more safely, WRASSLE for Pelvis, Buy a Werewolf named Blitzer to replace our fallen comrade.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Well, my Undead team just broke 1300 TV, so at least that's going well. Maybe I'll try running a Norse team up to about 1200 next.

Pretty interesting game I just had, too. I was playing against elves (of the high variety, I think, but I honestly can't remember). Had a crappy first half with a quick score by the opposition, then my cage got bogged down and managed the crucial break on the eight turn with nobody in scoring position. Killed a dude, injured another, KO'd a few and didn't lose any of my guys, so that's cool.

Then, in the second half, my cage got hosed by unlucky re-roll usage (as in "Hm, a 2DB brings up Push and Both Down, and my Zombie doesn't have Block. I'm bogged down, so pushing a guy around really doesn't help me, I need to make room for the carrier to safely move, so I'll reroll. Oh hey, Defender Down, awesome. Now, for the next block..." and then dubskulls ensuing about three times in the half) and a 9MA Catcher picked up the ball and ended up out of reach after two GFIs. I managed to get one Ghoul next to him after burning a re-roll, but everybody else was out of reach, so I just started punching dudes. He then pulled a second player out of the pile (because of course Elves dodge everything), knocked my Ghoul down, and then the Catcher ran clear across the pitch, stalling right in front of the end zone. I continued punching dudes and through a lucky roll managed to stand my Ghoul right next to the Catcher holding the ball. He then pulled the second player back, blitzed my Ghoul, pushing him into the end zone, and then the Catcher tackled him out of the end zone while not moving up. This was somewhere around turn 13, so I had already resigned to losing, but that was still kind of annoying, so I started fouling the Linemen that remained with maximum assists while he tried to make vanity passes and failed terribly because of rain (sadly the ball didn't bounce out of bounds and get shot back into my pile). I ended up killing a second Lineman on my final turn while he finally scored on his last turn.

I guess the whole situation got weird since I didn't care whether I win or not, just that all my dudes survive and maybe gain some SPP, so just accepting his stall and taking shots at killing whoever remained nearby seemed like the safest option since I wasn't winning anyway.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Block for the wolf.

Wrestle for the zombie.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

The new guy is Bladewolf

The wolf gets Block

The zombie gets Wrestle

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!
Block, wrestle and Skullid Snake.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

TheMcD posted:

Well, my Undead team just broke 1300 TV, so at least that's going well. Maybe I'll try running a Norse team up to about 1200 next.

Pretty interesting game I just had, too. I was playing against elves (of the high variety, I think, but I honestly can't remember). Had a crappy first half with a quick score by the opposition, then my cage got bogged down and managed the crucial break on the eight turn with nobody in scoring position. Killed a dude, injured another, KO'd a few and didn't lose any of my guys, so that's cool.

Then, in the second half, my cage got hosed by unlucky re-roll usage (as in "Hm, a 2DB brings up Push and Both Down, and my Zombie doesn't have Block. I'm bogged down, so pushing a guy around really doesn't help me, I need to make room for the carrier to safely move, so I'll reroll. Oh hey, Defender Down, awesome. Now, for the next block..." and then dubskulls ensuing about three times in the half) and a 9MA Catcher picked up the ball and ended up out of reach after two GFIs. I managed to get one Ghoul next to him after burning a re-roll, but everybody else was out of reach, so I just started punching dudes. He then pulled a second player out of the pile (because of course Elves dodge everything), knocked my Ghoul down, and then the Catcher ran clear across the pitch, stalling right in front of the end zone. I continued punching dudes and through a lucky roll managed to stand my Ghoul right next to the Catcher holding the ball. He then pulled the second player back, blitzed my Ghoul, pushing him into the end zone, and then the Catcher tackled him out of the end zone while not moving up. This was somewhere around turn 13, so I had already resigned to losing, but that was still kind of annoying, so I started fouling the Linemen that remained with maximum assists while he tried to make vanity passes and failed terribly because of rain (sadly the ball didn't bounce out of bounds and get shot back into my pile). I ended up killing a second Lineman on my final turn while he finally scored on his last turn.

I guess the whole situation got weird since I didn't care whether I win or not, just that all my dudes survive and maybe gain some SPP, so just accepting his stall and taking shots at killing whoever remained nearby seemed like the safest option since I wasn't winning anyway.

I've found that aggressive attacking, especially against the likes of elves, is the best way to deal with a stall. It forces them to decide between giving you a chance to score, and losing more players. I had a game recently (as Humans, and on Fumbbl because I'm poor) where the guy wasted his Apoth early on a lineman, and then late in the first half (Turn 6 I think) he tried to stall to avoid giving me a chance at a score. I just ignored his ball handler, and got as many 2DBs as I could. For whatever reason, he didn't take the hint, and just kept waiting until T8 to score. I ended up killing 2 of his skilled positionals. He should've just scored and tried to screen me from the endzone instead. I probably still wouldn't have scored.

It was 1-1 at that point, and he just didn't have enough players in the second half to keep me from getting the ball and scoring.

Those humans are now 3-1-0 W-D-L. Wreckin' jerks left and right.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
So I've decided to roll with this again with a vampire team instead of my staple Wood Elves

I'm not sorry.

Also Block, Kick and "Don't Get Too Cocky" for a new wolf

Last Transmission
Aug 10, 2011

Yorkshire Tea posted:

So I've decided to roll with this again with a vampire team instead of my staple Wood Elves

I'm not sorry.

Also Block, Kick and "Don't Get Too Cocky" for a new wolf

This will be very impressive if 5 games from now you can still come up with entirely new Thrall names.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

I'm also now seeing the point about Lizardmen games being either really good or really bad. The first game I played against Lizards was one with High Elves where they enclosed and murdered my line through the Blitz! kickoff event, which ended with me being down a few players by halftime. I abandoned that game. The second game I just played was with Norse, where I had a good start and managed to score by locking up some Sauri, injuring, injuring some Skinks (some by surfing, even killed one that way) and getting a lucky break with my Runner.

In the second half, their offense never got going as they ended up with the Sauri on the front, locked up with my Linemen, and some of my guys managed to get to the Skinks huddled around the ball in the back. One turn ended with all my players standing, all but one Lizardman down and three of my players next to the ball, and right after that my opponent abandoned the game. So now I have a ~1100 TV Norse team ready to go too.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

TravBot posted:

I've found that aggressive attacking, especially against the likes of elves, is the best way to deal with a stall. It forces them to decide between giving you a chance to score, and losing more players. I had a game recently (as Humans, and on Fumbbl because I'm poor) where the guy wasted his Apoth early on a lineman, and then late in the first half (Turn 6 I think) he tried to stall to avoid giving me a chance at a score. I just ignored his ball handler, and got as many 2DBs as I could. For whatever reason, he didn't take the hint, and just kept waiting until T8 to score. I ended up killing 2 of his skilled positionals. He should've just scored and tried to screen me from the endzone instead. I probably still wouldn't have scored.

It was 1-1 at that point, and he just didn't have enough players in the second half to keep me from getting the ball and scoring.

Those humans are now 3-1-0 W-D-L. Wreckin' jerks left and right.

I just had a game like this last night. I prefer to use the "Anti-Stall Foul" though. Even if you only have four guys left on the pitch, a gang foul is a lot scarier than just normal hitting (unless you have a murder blitzer). It's important to have the other guy know that you'll foul until he scores though. The guy yesterday didn't listen. He also now has a dead elf blitzer. (In addition to two dead linelfs. It was a good game.)

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

TheMcD posted:

I'm also now seeing the point about Lizardmen games being either really good or really bad. The first game I played against Lizards was one with High Elves where they enclosed and murdered my line through the Blitz! kickoff event, which ended with me being down a few players by halftime. I abandoned that game. The second game I just played was with Norse, where I had a good start and managed to score by locking up some Sauri, injuring, injuring some Skinks (some by surfing, even killed one that way) and getting a lucky break with my Runner.

In the second half, their offense never got going as they ended up with the Sauri on the front, locked up with my Linemen, and some of my guys managed to get to the Skinks huddled around the ball in the back. One turn ended with all my players standing, all but one Lizardman down and three of my players next to the ball, and right after that my opponent abandoned the game. So now I have a ~1100 TV Norse team ready to go too.

Yeah, until the whole team has a skill and becomes death incarnate Lizards are pretty random and require some luck on the block dice. Then suddenly it becomes really hard to punch those little shithead skinks and the saurus become able to reliably punch the gently caress out of things and cas themselves up some more skills, and the Kroxigor gets Break Tackle and you can't rely on tying him up with a lovely lineman anymore.

At least they can't ClawPOMB, though six possible POMBs from the Saurus is still plenty murdery even without Claw. Spill all dat blood for Sotek and all that.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Lizards are very hit and miss. Which makes them great fun to play.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Veloxyll posted:

Lizards are very hit and miss. Which makes them great fun to play.

Yeah, while you have seven players that are rock hard murder machines in the end you are relying on tiny stunty guys who die horribly if they get punched no matter how high level they get to in order to actually win games.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Time to do some tallying

Voting ends ~24 hours from now

MacGruff Skill
Block - 33
Shadowing - 4
Dodge - 1
Wrassle - 1
Diving Tackle - 1

Pelvis Skill
Wrassle - 27
Kick - 10
Shadowing - 2
Dirty Player - 1
Block - 1

New Wolf Name
Blitzer - 12
Bladewolf - 9
Nero Wolfe - 1
Dogmeat - 1
Cujo - 1
Sir Howlington - 1
Teen - 1
Werehuman By Night - 1
Lazer - 1
Who's Afraid Of Virginia - 1
Skullid Snake - 1

Cash?
Save it - 7
Cheerleaders - 2

Unless there's some huge last-minute movement, it appears that the skills and the choice of what to do with out leftover cash are all but decided. The new wolf name is still wide open though, plenty of options and no runaway winner at the moment.

Oh and btw, zombie levels are totally the time to take weird, fun and/or completely stupid skills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

We could do that

but WRASSLE. WRASSSLE

also Buy Cheerleaders

• Locked thread