Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

The Taint Reaper posted:

I enjoy games like Tomb Raider and Skyrim as well as games like Persona and Mario Kart.

the burden of a multi-console gamer, it is mine alone to bear.

sounds like you have no taste and just play whatever crap is put in front of you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

MK8 is a long tail game but most games make the majority of their launch window sales in the first couple of days so it's not like it's going to sell another 1.2 million in June.

It'll be more interesting to see what kind of bump it gets from E3. Also it'll be interesting to see how poorly Xbox One sold given that everyone knew the price cut was coming in June (Wii U announced a price cut similarly a month in advance and its sales I'm pretty sure were like all-time low for that month).

Reggie said during E3 that MK8 has quadrupled Wii U sales in the US since launch, and bundled sales of MK8 contributed roughly 25k to last month's Wii U sales total of 61k. This month's totals should be pretty kind to the Wii U and MK8, I bet that Mario Kart is the top individual SKU this month, but outsold by combined sales of Watch Dogs.

deadwing fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jun 17, 2014

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Also people don't get paid til the end/beginning of the month.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?

deadwing posted:

Reggie said during E3 that MK8 has quadrupled Wii U sales in the US since launch, and bundled sales of MK8 contributed roughly 25k to last month's Wii U sales total of 61k. This month's totals should be pretty kind to the Wii U and MK8, I bet that Mario Kart is the top individual SKU this month, but outsold by combined sales of Watch Dogs.

I just bought the MK8 bundle this past weekend and tried to go to GameStop to get it. They didn't have it in stock and when they looked for it at all the other stores in the area they were out. When they tried to order it off their website they literally looked at the screen and the manager said "They're all gone". So I ran up to Target and they had one left. I live in Virginia Beach for reference and we have about 20 GameStops in town. So I'd say it's selling well.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Yeah, but selling out when they only had 2 consoles to begin with is not impressive. These anecdotes are not completely relevant

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Astro7x posted:

Yeah, but selling out when they only had 2 consoles to begin with is not impressive. These anecdotes are not completely relevant

It matters huh? To me, as a gamer this is really important.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
[said in the most gigantic human being voice humanly possible]
MK8 is a long tail game but most games make the majority of their launch window sales in the first couple of days so it's not like it's going to sell another 1.2 million in June.

It'll be more interesting to see what kind of bump it gets from E3. Also it'll be interesting to see how poorly Xbox One sold given that everyone knew the price cut was coming in June (Wii U announced a price cut similarly a month in advance and its sales I'm pretty sure were like all-time low for that month).

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Black Baby Goku posted:

[said in the most gigantic human being voice humanly possible]

So your normal speaking voice

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Played some mario kart last night. Game was a lot of fun. My friends and I were laughing pretty much the whole time.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Terror Sweat posted:

:drat: :tviv: :q: :pwn:

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Played some mario kart last night. Game was a lot of fun. My friends and I were laughing pretty much the whole time.

but you cant voice chat in mario kart unless you've been added to other people's friend lists so how would you know anyone you played with was laughing

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Terror Sweat posted:

mods?

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

fivegears4reverse posted:

but you cant voice chat in mario kart unless you've been added to other people's friend lists so how would you know anyone you played with was laughing

remember local multiplayer? "hey, that looks fun! pass me player two!" it turns out playing games on a couch with a bunch of your pals is a lot more fun than playing by yourself online talking into a lovely headset

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
i acidentally double posted because the forums are really laggy oops

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

bonzibuddy64 posted:

i acidentally double posted because the forums are really laggy oops

thats a ban

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

elf help book posted:

sounds like you have no taste and just play whatever crap is put in front of you

If that were true I would own all versions of Guitar Hero and Rockband then.

But I do not. For plastic instruments are stupid and break.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

tell us more about your love for hatsune miku dancing games

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I will buy a second Wii U if Rock Band 4 is brought back with Nintendo funding as a Wii U exclusive.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Nintendo Kid posted:

I will buy a second Wii U if Rock Band 4 is brought back with Nintendo funding as a Wii U exclusive.

And now you can use your Gamecube DK Bongos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvy3QlZ9kRk

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

gay skull posted:

tell us more about your love for hatsune miku dancing games

Those controllers only break out of anger and not of shoddy construction and poor material quality.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

Those controllers only break out of anger and not of shoddy construction and poor material quality.

had to look up wtf a hatsune miku is and dear god wow you're a human being

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

MinibarMatchman posted:

as if you couldn't tell from his posts in this thread alone

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

MinibarMatchman posted:

You're not wrong but Hatsune Miku still owns.

Jewigi
Apr 20, 2004

boom boom boom posted:

You're not wrong but Hatsune Miku still owns.

do us a favor: GOogle Image search "Hatsune Miku", call all your co-workers over to the computer (assuming you have a job, probably not), video tape yourself telling them "I think this *right here* owns" and let's see how gay they think you are.

e: I wrote gay but meant retarded, apology

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Hatsune Miku is really good and cool and Nintendo should bring her 3DS game to America if they want to stay in business.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Jewigi

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Bowschwitz

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

I enjoy games like Tomb Raider and Skyrim as well as games like Persona and Mario Kart.

the burden of a multi-console gamer, it is mine alone to bear.

Tomb Raider, Skyrim, and Persona are all really bad, friend.

Mr. Kerstbal
Sep 2, 2011

ORIGINAL MONKEY FUCKER

The Taint Reaper posted:

I enjoy games like Tomb Raider and Skyrim

:stare:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Jewigi posted:

do us a favor: GOogle Image search "Hatsune Miku", call all your co-workers over to the computer (assuming you have a job, probably not), video tape yourself telling them "I think this *right here* owns" and let's see how gay they think you are.

e: I wrote gay but meant retarded, apology

All you're doing is demonstrating your own ignorance.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

elf help book posted:

This.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

conceitedguy posted:

Personas cool conceitedguy

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

conceitedguy posted:

poo poo is about to get ugly in this thread.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Didn't he shoot himself?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

The Taint Reaper posted:

Oh good, you're both ignorant AND need to stop posting. For some reason I only thought the latter was true.

Rock Band loving owns.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Oh good, you're both ignorant AND need to stop posting. For some reason I only thought the latter was true.

Rock Band loving owns.

Rockband is fine when it doesn't need the plastic instruments that break. I've seen mountains of the discarded broken instruments at every pawnshop and gamestore that is not gamestop. It's like that part of 300 where they have that huge rear end wall of dead Persians, except they're all busted rock band controllers.

Not only that but unlike arcade sticks they are a pain in the rear end to make custom housing for because of their internal guts. So trying to make the game have some sort of longevity so it still works 10 years down the road is a big undertaking. The easiest solution is to cannibalize an actual instrument and carve out places for the buttons, but the drums apparently are the biggest pain because they're undersized.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jun 18, 2014

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

The Taint Reaper posted:

Rockband is fine when it doesn't need the plastic instruments that break. I've seen mountains of the discarded broken instruments at every pawnshop and gamestore that is not gamestop. It's like that part of 300 where they have that huge rear end wall of dead Persians, except they're all busted rock band controllers.

Not only that but unlike arcade sticks they are a pain in the rear end to make custom housing for because of their internal guts. So trying to make the game have some sort of longevity so it still works 10 years down the road is a big undertaking. The easiest solution is to cannibalize an actual instrument and carve out places for the buttons, but the drums apparently are the biggest pain because they're undersized.

but you see hatsune miku is going to have a massive following in a decade

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

The Taint Reaper posted:

why do you care about potentially having to rebuy plastic instruments when they break when you constantly post about your latest haul of 500 lovely gamecube games or whatever

money is clearly no object to you

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I've never had a Rock Band instrument break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Nintendo Kid posted:

I've never had a Rock Band instrument break.

And Rock Band 3 works with real instruments (well, MIDI keyboards and drum kits). So, longevity! Except literally no one gives a gently caress because it's a fun game and I'd be busy playing it if I weren't at work.

• Locked thread