Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

voted 5.

Close thread

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

What's so funny about a normal everyday David Mitchell?

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

Tiggum posted:

The one and only time that was ever funny. But people keep doing it, again and again, hoping that it if they repeat it enough it will be funny again. It won't. If you want to relive the magic, just look at this image. Or even post this image to remind everyone of the one time that this joke was executed perfectly. Don't keep doing your own lovely versions of the joke.

I don't even get the joke.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Tiggum posted:

The one and only time that was ever funny. But people keep doing it, again and again, hoping that it if they repeat it enough it will be funny again. It won't. If you want to relive the magic, just look at this image. Or even post this image to remind everyone of the one time that this joke was executed perfectly. Don't keep doing your own lovely versions of the joke.

Maybe if we look away from the meme, it becomes funny again.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Apparition posted:

I don't even get the joke.

You're not alone, neither do I. I always figured it was because I missed some pop culture thing, being a European and all.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

What's so funny about a normal everyday David Mitchell?

This meme where goons call everyone David Mitchell isn't funny.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Taeke posted:

You're not alone, neither do I. I always figured it was because I missed some pop culture thing, being a European and all.

It's a reference to the animated short One Froggy Evening by Michael Maltese and Chuck Jones. I tried to find a copy on YouTube but could only find sections of it, not the whole thing, which is unfortunate, because it's really good and you should watch it.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Taeke posted:

Dude finds this frog that will sing and dance (when he is alone) but when he goes to show someone, or make money off it, the frog just sits there like a normal frog. So, the guy looks like a complete loon and eventually is driven insane.

No moral, the end!

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Stavrogin
Feb 6, 2010

That was fast.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
I would like an explanation of the soccer meme, in video form please. TIA

XenophobicAirport
Dec 15, 2007

Please have your weapons prepared at the terminal.

CongoJack posted:

I would like an explanation of the soccer meme, in video form please. TIA

Okay, you can find an explaination of it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSYxT9GM0fQ

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

XenophobicAirport posted:

Rude.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

XenophobicAirport posted:

CongoJack understand

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tangentially related anecdote (not a meymey sorry):

This guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA5GkLM5C7M

who nowadays looks something like this:

was at an airport, probably coming home from a trip like this:

and a young bloke walks up to him all exited like and asks for his autograph. Danny's a bit tired after drinking Jallu all along the Great Wall of China so he just responds: "A young bloke like you - shouldn't you be a fan of someone like Darude instead of an old fart like me?" The young dude says: "I am Darude."

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

Tangentially related anecdote (not a meymey sorry):

This guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA5GkLM5C7M

who nowadays looks something like this:

was at an airport, probably coming home from a trip like this:

and a young bloke walks up to him all exited like and asks for his autograph. Danny's a bit tired after drinking Jallu all along the Great Wall of China so he just responds: "A young bloke like you - shouldn't you be a fan of someone like Darude instead of an old fart like me?" The young dude says: "I am Darude."

And everyone stood up and clapped. They we married on the spot by Albert Einstein.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gildiss posted:

And everyone stood up and clapped. They we married on the spot by Albert Einstein.

Well it was told by Danny himself and I'm not going to call him a liar because he's already miserable enough with that hair and that face.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Actually I guess they did get married by Albert Einstein :eyepop:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Infantwar
Jun 18, 2005

They're bottling in herds. They do bottle in herds.
Does anyone know what the videogame cover art pictures lovingly corrupted/jumbled into scandalous phrases are called? My Google skills are once again failing me, and I'm having a difficult time finding them from earlier pages in this (or the last) Macro Thread.

In exchange I offer this juicy rumor:

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Infantwar posted:

Does anyone know what the videogame cover art pictures lovingly corrupted/jumbled into scandalous phrases are called?
Expand Dong.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

drat, Joey Fatone had some sweet moves.

jgrrr
Oct 3, 2007

&
Every time I see Joey fatone's name I think about how ironic it is that he was the fat one, and now hosts food shows.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

jgrrr posted:

Every time I see Joey fatone's name I think about how ironic it is that he was the fat one, and now hosts food shows.

The fat one being named "Fatone" is the opposite of ironic.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I think jgrrr might have been being ironic.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I can't not say Joey Fatone without literally pronouncing it Joey Fat-one

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

holy poo poo dick butt memes will never not be funny. how is that possible?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

dialhforhero posted:

I can't not say Joey Fatone without literally pronouncing it Joey Fat-one

Just say it like it's some kind of mafia nickname. "Ayyyy, it's Joey Fatony and Vinny the Skinny!"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Apparently that is the secret to understanding why a burrito at Moe's is called "Joey Bag of Donuts"

I mean, it doesn't actually answer anything, but it gets you in the ballpark.

RossDude
Jan 2, 2010

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

holy god who has that kinda time

• Locked thread