Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

drat, lotta people outed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NamePolice
Feb 26, 2011

Themata posted:

frag and Billy confirmed for biggest nerds in the clan. Neither of you have any right to call anyone a nerd anymore except each other. :colbert:

I'll be a nerd if it means I can play the new Zelda over this game :colbert:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Mission success at 60% with no boosting and first crew refresh got me the wisp. :smug:

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Do you wear those cooking clothes all the time? Very cool if so.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Cheap Trick posted:

Do you wear those cooking clothes all the time? Very cool if so.

Yes. The top and bottom are default clothings for your character, and all the other items (hat, gloves, boots, backpack) are keepsaked.

Part of the reason I don't change it around is because you can only keepsake one item at a time per slot which is really dumb and :jagex:.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Themata posted:

Mission success at 60% with no boosting and first crew refresh got me the wisp. :smug:

A shame that wisps are terrible crew members with terrible stats for region 7 & 8.

Dwarf
Oct 21, 2010
Ahaha look at all those ressources you wasted.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Assuming last week's patch notes are correct:

6/5/2014 OSRS Patch Notes posted:

We plan to have the huge clue scroll expansion ready next week.

The OSRS Treasure Trail Update is due tomorrow morning!

This update adds 394 Items (I'm assuming not all of them are rewards?) and Elite Clues to OldSchool Runescape.

Highlights include (G) and (T) variants for Bronze, Iron, Mithril, Red Dragonhide, and Black Dragonhide. 3rd Age weapons and cape, Armadyl/Bandos/Zaros trimmed rune, priest sets, and leather armour as well as various cosmetic masks and hats are also making an appearance.

Complete Robin Hood armour set items as well as several other armour pieces and new god books are currently being polled due to their proposed best-in-slot stats. Armadyl/Bandos/Ancient God Books would see +10 Range/+2 Strength/+10 Magic vs the lower stats of their original treasure trail release.

More details on the currently-running poll and new TT item stats can be found here.

A nearly-complete list of new rewards and Elite Clue-dropping monsters has been released on Mod John C's Twitter and Mod Alfred has started an art gallery for new game models.

More details and official news post coming tomorrow morning.

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jun 12, 2014

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Soulhunter posted:

(G) and (T) variants for Bronze,

alright well I'm done with new RS time to give OSRS a shot.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

Robo Reagan posted:

alright well I'm done with new RS time to give OSRS a shot.

Yeah but you can't even Keepsake them like you can in RS3, so it's basically only for Bank Standing or Skilling only. :v:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
OSRS's skeleton crew manages to pull off amazing quality updates at a pace that RealJagex can't even compare to. How long has 2014scape been promising TT revamps

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Average Bear posted:

OSRS's skeleton crew manages to pull off amazing quality updates at a pace that RealJagex can't even compare to. How long has 2014scape been promising TT revamps

It's easy when you can let everything look like utter and complete poo poo squeezed into a tiny rear end window, and get all your ideas from improvements previously made.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
No they don't, they propose stuff and then it gets shot down because 75% of the playerbase needs to say yes on the polls to get it in the game.

Like the trading solution, it's pretty much an ingame zybez price guide thanks to idiots who voted against you being able to transfer through the trading post (like the GE) instead of having to meet up with people. Apparently it ruins "the social aspect" (aka "my world v west" and saying ty at the end) and turns it into "Ezscape". It was defeated 72-28, and people on Reddit actually bought loving "we are the 28%" shirts.

gently caress nerds, basically.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
07scape is quickly becoming Bad Future 08scape, lol.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

gently caress nerds, basically.
The results of the trade solution poll were really disappointing. I feel like 66%+ should be enough to get an update in the queue, but that's Jagex. 75% is safe for ensuring that the majority of OSRS players are retained as long as possible. God knows if they ever dared to try lowering the required majority to pass a vote, they would have to poll the change.

Wouldn't be a terrible idea for anyone interested to grab a level 1 clue before the update and run it to the last step. Got a blue dragon mask out of doing that before the 2010 clue update, worked out well enough then.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I feel like by making it 75% they would cause more people to quit than because actual really good stuff (that 72% votes for) gets left out. Why would you alienate 72% for the 28%?

E: I want to get a hard clue before the update and sit on it until it comes out and then complete it right away.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jun 12, 2014

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

OSRS News - 6/12/2014 posted:

Treasure Trail Expansion

It’s a huge week for all the treasure hunters out there as treasure trails have received a massive boost. There are over 180 new items available to be discovered by solving clue scrolls including third age weaponry, new outfits and a host of other items. There are new rewards and brand new clues for every level of treasure trail. For the most advanced treasure hunters there are brand new elite clue scrolls, if you are able to solve these will help you uncover the rarest rewards.

Elite treasure trails

Elite clues are available as rare drops from a selection of bosses and high level monsters. These clue scrolls present the biggest challenge to all treasure hunters and have the highest requirements of any clue scroll.

Exclusive to elite clue scrolls are new skill challenges. Skill challenges are inspired by a suggestion from Load 07 and will require the use of your skills to solve. If you receive a skill challenge, head over to No-Shirt Sherlock in the forest near Catherby who will be able to help you.

If you are eager to hunt down some elite clue scrolls, here is a list of monsters you should look at.

Abyssal demon, black dragon, Callisto, cave kraken, chaos elemental, Dagannoth Prime, Dagannoth Rex, Dagannoth Supreme, dark beast, General Graardor, giant mole, kalphite queen, king black dragon, kraken, Kree'ara, Kril Tsuroth, lava dragon, mithril dragon, Salarin the Twisted, skeletal wyvern, smoke devil, steel dragon, Thermy, Venenatis, Vet'ion and Zilyana.

New Features

When you complete a clue scroll the game will now tell you how many of each tier of clue you've completed, you can also find this information on the wall at the observatory.

Patchy has learnt some new skills and is able to combine some of the new rewards that are available. He will be able to combine sagacious spectacles with a blue party hat, a big pirate hat with an eyepatch and the top hat with a monacle.

The toybox in your player owned house has also been updated to store most of the new rewards.

With the new trade system on the horizon we have taken this opportunity to rename some treasure trail reward items so they can be found more easily. Here are the names of the changed items.

Green d'hide body (t)
Green d'hide body (g)
Green d'hide chaps (t)
Green d'hide chaps (g)
Blue d'hide body (t)
Blue d'hide body (g)
Blue d'hide chaps (t)
Blue d'hide chaps (g)
Blue wizard hat (g)
Blue wizard robe (g)
We all know how you like to set fire to things… so firelighters are now tradable so you can set fire to things in a range of colours.

Clue scroll competition

Everything to do with the clue scroll expansion was driven by the players. We received hundreds of great entries for the clue scroll competition and we've used as many as possible, if you examine some of the new clue scrolls you'll see who submitted them!

Here is a full list of all the players that helped to make this update.

Afropunk, AsheZ x, Cheapnub, Chris 1510, Cwars Addict, Danger Cook,Eager Beagle, Envies, Eul, House Host, I Lazybeef I, I see it all, iKips, Jokku23, Junk All Day, Load 07, Magyk, Menaceman22, My Saviour, N 3 M Z, No Eggs, Obama Fails, Pinkiepi, Prince Kyou, Rain of Life, Randomwannab, ScapeRune, Shegged, Sir Pvmalot, Tommyw70, Urdnot Grunt, Uv 6, Zarfnot

In other news...

Mod Ash has been hard at work with Clan Wars and you can catch a sneak peek at his progress so far later on during our Q&A Livestream on Twitch TV.

The rewarding rewards poll which offers a host of new drops for wilderness bosses, even more new clue scroll rewards and lots of bank space to store all the new items in is now open vote here.

To discuss the treasure trail expansion, visit us on the forums.

Mods Alfred, Ash, John C, Mat K, Reach and Weath
The Old School Team

Pretty much the same details from my post last night, though the clue scroll completion counter is news to me. A ton of new riddles, anagrams, and other clue scroll hints are slowly trickling in on the usual sites and wikis, so it shouldn't be long until all the new information is up. Time to go get some firelighters and Rune (h2) bucket helmets!

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running
LEGACY BETA COMIN' OUT MONDAY

PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR THE RETURN OF HIGH SKILL PVP!!!

:worship: :allears: :love: :circlefap:

Some dumb idiot fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jun 12, 2014

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Now more than ever, click to eat is a skill that one must finely train..

Dwarf
Oct 21, 2010
No-Shirt Sherlock.

Heh.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cant wait to do poo poo like switch rune 2handers for a scimitar exactly as soon as it hits so the second hit gets out faster than people expect

or do the thing where you blew all 4 special attacks of a dd++ and then switched to a maul or something else horribly hard-hitting to finish them off

this is some real next-gen poo poo

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

powerful weedlock posted:

cant wait to do poo poo like switch rune 2handers for a scimitar exactly as soon as it hits so the second hit gets out faster than people expect

or do the thing where you blew all 4 special attacks of a dd++ and then switched to a maul or something else horribly hard-hitting to finish them off

this is some real next-gen poo poo

:pcgaming: The future of yesterday... Today! :pcgaming:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Themata posted:

Now more than ever, click to eat is a skill that one must finely train..

high-level strategy

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

Nintendo Kid posted:

It's easy when you can let everything look like utter and complete poo poo squeezed into a tiny rear end window, and get all your ideas from improvements previously made.

If there is one thing I loved about a Jagex update, it was the one to resize windows ages ago.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
I was thinking about what game I should play yesterday, then:

:mad:

Congrats to VonSchneider on his Royal Crossbow! Everything that could've gone wrong went wrong while I was trying to get it. Tortured souls and fire breath waves kept coming, his character would auto attack even when not being attacked, causing the phase to end and causing grotworms to spawn like crazy, and the royal crossbow didn't forge the first time I brandished it so I had to eat a bunch of damage. The only saving grace was tortured souls didn't appear in the final phase.

Also that bank was awful and horrible but since he didn't ask for a bank cleaning I left it as is.. :smithicide:

NamePolice
Feb 26, 2011
Me, Kari, and an assorted list of goons just finished the first annual week of Goons Gone Gaming (tm), and it was fun! It took a little while to get started since we lacked 10 goons, and I didn't take any screenshots of it because I am a nerd, but it was a good time and (for the most part) we had a good time. Except Billy. gently caress you :911:

Due to an overwhelming consensus in the clan, next Saturday we will be playing Soul Wars if we get lucky and find another ten pubbies on the official world. If not, then we'll be playing Heist (and which ever one we end up not doing we'll try the following week). I'm also going to start writing a very brief guide on each week's minigames, but in this case I'm not going to since we have two options and I'm too lazy to write both :colbert:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Stealing Creation went pretty great!

First game we had just barely enough people counting in a random pubbie that happened to be there, and the second game was joined by v8mate and Breadgasket. As you can see, Kgummy and I are the most valuable players - while KGummy gets everyone clay, I use it to wreck everything. :smugbert: How Rude Billy on the other hand, is just a straight up murderer.

Also:

:eng99:?

If we do end up doing Soul Wars, it'll probably be on World 79. At least, that's where it was active last I went. It wasn't this time around though. :(

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Themata posted:

Stealing Creation went pretty great!

First game we had just barely enough people counting in a random pubbie that happened to be there, and the second game was joined by v8mate and Breadgasket. As you can see, Kgummy and I are the most valuable players - while KGummy gets everyone clay, I use it to wreck everything. :smugbert: How Rude Billy on the other hand, is just a straight up murderer.

Also:

:eng99:?

If we do end up doing Soul Wars, it'll probably be on World 79. At least, that's where it was active last I went. It wasn't this time around though. :(

How did I get so many kills? I barely did anything when I was fighting people :psyduck:

Though I did land a sick 2100 damage Omnipower on my brother Billy (who had max combat and full ranged gear) with 50 mage and a level 40 staff :v:

I like how in the second game though all bets were off and we just plain piled Billyginkers to death. As for Soul Wars, there is a friendchat dedicated to soulwars that usually has at least 10 pubbies online at a time, so we could maybe get a pubbie team to form and fight for glorious Zeal.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
So I listened to the last elf city podcast thing, for the 5th document. Mostly because I was afraid that the motherlode rock would be neutered.

The shards are going to be ten for a single reward, they might have a separate reward table, and you won't need 115 dung to claim it.

There's going to be a separate table if you don't want to go from trimmed, but it's not 'filled out' yet. The examples they gave were just 'xp and gear', not even specifics on the gear. As far as I can tell, there's no 'swap between', so it causes filler for both types of groups.

Stuff like the castle wars tickets are indeed going to be something like 1-2 tickets, but with multiple rarities giving more. A 'rare' was given the lofty reward of '5'. If there's any higher, they probably didn't want to mention it because of the backlash they got earlier.

They said that these are meant to encourage players to go out and do the activities associated with them. Like play castle wars. People who weren't looking at doing it anyways, or people that got burned out doing it. (They didn't say burned out, but it's clear that's who they meant, what with one of the examples being 'halfway to finishing the castle wars requirement)

Champion scrolls are going to be just as rare as getting them from a monster. "It'll be like hitting a stationary stone imp once a day." Yes, that's actually what they said, minus grammar. One of the mods actually chimed in to add the 'once a day' part. Oh and "You're better off slaughtering imps." And it's to encourage people to go out and kill the monsters to get the drop. But who knows, this might not even be put in the rock, since there is actual mod debate. But one of the mods said that having more things in the rock is a good thing, since it makes it harder to get a specific item.

Mod Timbo apparently has dice he uses to balance things. Dice. There's going to be a podcast that goes into it or something? "Timbo exposed".

Apparently the code of decanting is terrifying. "Don't make me do it!" But he's going to do it. "It's not a dynamic system."

Apparently there's a dubstep producer who plays runescape?

Someone suggested 'goblin potion plus prayer renewal', and the devs actually want to do joke potions like that, but there's not enough time to do so. Probably because it means creating several items. But I don't think there's an easy way to fix that. Not without wrecking the bank stacking stuff, at least.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

We really need a :Jagex: emoticon or something.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

As you can see, the proper term is controlled, not balanced. :colbert:

fr0ggerrr
Apr 18, 2011
Anyone still playing this? I'm just getting started on OSRS, training a DDS staker, OSRS Name: "Old_RSC_Fake". Talk to me about running the duel arena in Al Kharid.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

A couple of us pop in on OSRS a few times a week. I think Saucy Bratwurst might be our biggest OSRS player right now.

With the release of the Legacy combat beta, I wonder how many older players will end up coming back to the game. Old brown interfaces are nice to have back, but far as I can tell, Legacy is just momentum with scaled down numbers.

I can see players who want the old style combat making a return to the game, but I suspect Jagex will neglect to advertise OSRS during the Legacy launch period. There's some potential for Jagex to cannibalize a portion of the OSRS player base here, and the company would have incentive to get players back to the main game (MTX players generate more revenue than players who only sub monthly for OSRS, presumably).

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jun 17, 2014

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
It's not cannibalization when you eat poo poo.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Speaking of poo poo, the OldSchool RuneScape trading system is a clusterfuck. World 1/2 are terrible and the built-in autotyper doesn't help much. Some of our OSRS players might be aware of the Zybez Exchange, but for those of you who haven't seen it yet, I wanted to put you in the loop.

The Zybez Exchange is essentially the OSRS trading post for the time being, most OldSchool players use it for high-value/volume trading. The obvious downside to this system is that the trading post is off-site, but it's definitely better than the alternative of spamming @CYA@BUYING BURNT LOBS 500 EA!!! in Varrock. To post an offer, you'll have to make an account on their site, but you can view other player's postings by using the search function. For those of you looking to sell off coal, maple logs, and crushed nests from Managing the Kingdom, this is a godsend.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Enough about stupid ol' dumb OSRS that nobody likes.

This week's DEAD CONTENT FIELD TRIP is Player-Owned Houses!! Long-promised to get a rework, but never a bride, player-owned houses are good for like 2 things: keeping your pets, and using other peoples' houses to train prayer. We're going to visit the houses of everyone who comes on the trip, whether they're two-room hovels or luxurious pixel-villas.

I hope to see a bunch of you and your gaudy-rear end shacks tomorrow night, June 18th, at 8:30 PM EST, a half-hour after reset.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Haha as usual I close on Wednesday night so no trip for me :smith:

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Soulhunter posted:

Speaking of poo poo, the OldSchool RuneScape trading system is a clusterfuck. World 1/2 are terrible and the built-in autotyper doesn't help much. Some of our OSRS players might be aware of the Zybez Exchange, but for those of you who haven't seen it yet, I wanted to put you in the loop.

The Zybez Exchange is essentially the OSRS trading post for the time being, most OldSchool players use it for high-value/volume trading. The obvious downside to this system is that the trading post is off-site, but it's definitely better than the alternative of spamming @CYA@BUYING BURNT LOBS 500 EA!!! in Varrock. To post an offer, you'll have to make an account on their site, but you can view other player's postings by using the search function. For those of you looking to sell off coal, maple logs, and crushed nests from Managing the Kingdom, this is a godsend.

Yeah its loving stupid and the trading post is not going to do much to fix Varrock spam. Literally the reason an actual good trading system was rejected (well the main reason people voted no) was to preserve to social aspect of trading in runescape. The social aspect.

Do these people even go outside? "Ty" "ty" after a trade is not being social, you can't tell your mum you made a friend today off of saying that. Nerds suck.

There was like 1 thread from a "economics expert" that apparently said the trading post would wreck the economy but all it said was that the trading post would do X and Y and then defined X and Y with big fancy sounding bullshit without relating it to runescape at all. It was pretty much some 12 year old using big words to look smart without really saying anything.

E:I'm the threads biggest OSRS player? Thats not really saying much.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jun 18, 2014

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Literally the reason an actual good trading system was rejected (well the main reason people voted no) was to preserve to social aspect of trading in runescape. The social aspect.

Do these people even go outside? "Ty" "ty" after a trade is not being social, you can't tell your mum you made a friend today off of saying that. Nerds suck.

This is me irl trying to figure out what the gently caress I just read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I still find it hillarious that they actually put an autotyper in the game so they could do it "Socially"

• Locked thread