Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
AAAAA!

WHAT DID THEY DO TO DAILYMTG!

I dont WANT a mobile version!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
So I drafted a pretty cool mono-white VMA deck. As it goes to the game, my dog decides its a great time to diarrhea all over the carpet. Great use of 25 bucks.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Pharohman777 posted:

AAAAA!

WHAT DID THEY DO TO DAILYMTG!

I dont WANT a mobile version!

I was waiting for the other shoe to drop after they redid Gatherer.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
The Web Admin is ruining magic. :v:

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
They still have not fixed gatherer comments, so you cannot post them.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Why is changing everything about an interface, for change's sake, the trendy thing to do? They did it with MTGO, now this. :cripes:

I guess I'm not their target audience anymore so for their sakes I hope this is a gigantic hit with the same crowd of teenage neckbeard captains that Jace and slogans like "HERE I RULE" are/were directed towards.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Card of the Day descriptions are cut off with seemingly no way to scroll through them or get the whole text for a given day. A little thing sure, but I always like reading those.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

C-Euro posted:

Card of the Day descriptions are cut off with seemingly no way to scroll through them or get the whole text for a given day. A little thing sure, but I always like reading those.

For me the cards are all squished. And there's no way to find the CoTD archive.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Now I can't get to the articles section.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Pharohman777 posted:

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Pharohman777 posted:

I do appreciate there being a mobile version now, but gutting the desktop one for the sake of ~*responsive design*~ ain't the way to do it.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

dragon enthusiast posted:

I do appreciate there being a mobile version now, but gutting the desktop one for the sake of ~*responsive design*~ ain't the way to do it.

See ChannelFireball for an example of a Magical website that has a mobile-specific interface without taking a gigantic loose poo poo all over the regular one.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Attorney at Funk posted:

Is Tarmogoyf seriously 200 dollars a pop now? Jesus Christ.

I paid a little over $320 for a full set of them last year and I was thinking "Maybe this is a bad idea with Modern Masters coming out." hhahahahaha

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
There doesn't even seem to be an option to disable the mobile version at all, and that is my main complaint.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

dragon enthusiast posted:

The Gatherer works as a mobile site and a desktop site by design. This new design for the main site clearly didn't see enough planning/testing.

Trying to filter the Article Archive for instance break it and returns zero results. Filter options show a million things that probably shouldn't be showing up. Reseting the filter completely breaks the page and returns an "Illegal action" message with a note to contact the web admin.

:shepicide:

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Hmmm, do I want to read an article from the archives by "Zac Hill" or one by "Zac Hill"?

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

Kind of miffed they don't have a "Next page" at the bottom of the page when scrolling down through a card search on Gatherer. Scrolling back up is annoying.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Man, you guys should have seen the site two-designs ago. I'm on the app so I can't link it, but go use the way back machine and look how loving terrible the site looked in 2002.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I can't even find today's articles on it. :psyduck: What the hell were they thinking?

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

legoman727 posted:

I can't even find today's articles on it. :psyduck: What the hell were they thinking?

Today's articles apparently aren't going up until midnight Pacific time - so about 2 and a half hours.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

jscolon2.0 posted:

Hmmm, do I want to read an article from the archives by "Zac Hill" or one by "Zac Hill"?

I'd much rather read one by "Jon Leitheusser, Thomas M. Reid, Daniel Helmick, Christopher Perkins" or "By Jon Schindehette<br />Illustrations: Jesper Esjing, Conceptopolis"

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

jscolon2.0 posted:

I actually don't see what everyone is screaming about being so bad about the site redesign. I think it looks fine and intuitive and works for me. But I did find it funny that they had 3 instances of "Worth Wollpert" and 1 "Worth Wollport" in the Archives Author filter.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
It's not so much the design itself that's the problem. It's the fact that this site is a buggy pile as is.

If it was working people would be a bit turned around for a while but it'd be fine.

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way

Attorney at Funk posted:

Today's articles apparently aren't going up until midnight Pacific time - so about 2 and a half hours.

Can't wait to stay up until 3AM eastern to look at spoilers!!!!! :suicide:

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

BXCX posted:

I think that explains why the site is so horrible now. They've decided to do it hands on from Renton, rather than have Hasbro corporate do it for them out of the east coast.

Impeccable work as always, Worth.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

BXCX posted:

I'd be really surprised if midnight Pacific was the update time going forward. I think it's just literally tonight, for the redesign, for some reason. It's like how dailymtg.com doesn't link to the articles directly right now. They're going to fix that.

Right?

Karmoderm
Aug 24, 2008

Angry Grimace posted:

So I drafted a pretty cool mono-white VMA deck. As it goes to the game, my dog decides its a great time to diarrhea all over the carpet. Great use of 25 bucks.

Obviously the dog took one look at the beta and felt it was an accurate depiction. Sounds like reasonable grounds for compensation to me.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Someone passed me a foil Brainstorm. I can understand not wanting to take offcolour cards for value, but would you really not moneydraft a $15 card P1P2?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

Someone passed me a foil Brainstorm. I can understand not wanting to take offcolour cards for value, but would you really not moneydraft a $15 card P1P2?

I'd do it in a swiss I guess but not in an 8-4, no. Unless my deck seemed like it had absolutely zero shot at the 3-0. With regular pack prices / not Vintage Masters I'd probably money draft though, yeah.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Some people simply don't know the price of cardboard. It's why I was handed a foil misdirect, the dude simply didnt know and didn't care afterwords.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

Are people actually buying it for that price? I see people selling it in the trade room for 4 tickets...

Applebees
Jul 23, 2013

yospos
The new site has lots of screwed up margins, broken links, cutoff text, and wrong images. Today's article says to email NewMagicWebsite@wizards.com for feedback.

Trick Jarrett posted:

You all are a rabid, intelligent, and observant bunch, so we know we can count on you to find missing materials, broken links, etc., as you peruse the site. If you find something on the new site that you think needs our attention, please let us know by emailing (in English) NewMagicWebsite@wizards.com and include as much of the following as you can:
  1. URL to the page where you encountered the issue
    ex: http://magic.wizards.com
  2. Language in which you are viewing the website
    ex: English, Italian, German, Japanese
  3. What browser & device you're using
    ex: Firefox on Windows 8, Chrome on my Android phone
  4. If possible, a screenshot capturing what you're seeing
  5. A brief description of the issue you've encountered
    ex: I'm trying to read this article and finding the text running over the margins on the right side when I resize my window!

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

It's not even the redesign that I hate so much it's that, like most mobile sites, it runs like loving poo poo. Everything is laggy as hell, especially the menu button that everything useful about the site is hiding behind.

Also MTGO Black Lotus up to $300 now.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

Are people actually buying it for that price? I see people selling it in the trade room for 4 tickets...

Yeah, you're right. The market is all over the place, I'm seeing sells for it at $15 and buys at $4.

I'm expecting the Power 9 to go down again as VMA continues to be drafted, but I'm not sure now. They did a good job keeping the price high, I guess.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Promoted Pawn posted:

It's not even the redesign that I hate so much it's that, like most mobile sites, it runs like loving poo poo. Everything is laggy as hell, especially the menu button that everything useful about the site is hiding behind.

Also MTGO Black Lotus up to $300 now.

Goddamnit I want my Lotus back. So I can sell it again.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
LED is going up as well. The VMA version was 18 tix this weekend and is over 30 now.
I hope it goes down again so I can build Legacy ANT.

Minority Deport
Mar 28, 2010

Attorney at Funk posted:

So did this not happen? I still see only yesterday's articles, other than the "welcome to the new site!" thing. On the plus side, they seem to have fixed the Card of the Day being squished.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Angry Grimace posted:

Goddamnit I want my Lotus back. So I can sell it again.

Yeah, gently caress. Sold mine way too low :smith:

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

MrBling posted:

LED is going up as well. The VMA version was 18 tix this weekend and is over 30 now.
I hope it goes down again so I can build Legacy ANT.
Son of a bitch, I should have bought it at that price. :smith:
Oh well, hopefully it lowers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
You could try and find an actual Black Lotus!

(A friend of mine found this somewhere in Spain, I think.)

• Locked thread