Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Senor Candle posted:

I liked Original Sins. Seems like they are going to get a lot of non-Big 2 talent on these. I only recognized Ryan North from the first issue, but Chip Zdarsky is going to be writing/drawing some part later on.

Yea. I like the YA story better than the Deathlok one, but the Lockjaw one was by far the best.

This looks like a job for HULKING
Please don't do that again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!
Deathlok was a good preview of the new book and it's got a real awesome creative team behind it so I am excited.

Lockjaw rules, though, worth the four dollars for those two pages alone I laughed pretty hard.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Bitchin Kitchen posted:

Deathlok was a good preview of the new book and it's got a real awesome creative team behind it so I am excited.

Lockjaw rules, though, worth the four dollars for those two pages alone I laughed pretty hard.

I like Kamala just sitting there at starbucks in her Ms Marvel outfit.

My hope is the characters on the cover will be given stories.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Original Sin would have been a great way to reveal that Mary-Jane/Peter made a deal with Satan to save Aunt May's life and made Spider-Man's life even shittier but they missed the boat now, didn't they?

But guys, what if the Spider bit. someone. else Everyone's mouths go agape and gasps are heard around the room. Marvel editorial all at once stand up and applaud Dan Slott for the most brilliant idea in Marvel history

(Everyone's going to fall in love with Spider-Gwen and make Slott's new character entirely as pointless as Alpha anyway)

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Original Sin should have gone with Aunt May finding out what Peter and MJ did, smacking Peter up the head and chewing both of them out, then grabbing Venom, Kaine, Doom, Thanos, Rider, Wolverine and the Illuminati then go into hell to kick Mephisto in the balls and make him reverse the deal. She gets to decide her fate and make the decision herself as to what's better for everyone.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Flameingblack posted:

But guys, what if the Spider bit. someone. else Everyone's mouths go agape and gasps are heard around the room. Marvel editorial all at once stand up and applaud Dan Slott for the most brilliant idea in Marvel history

Marvel just doesn't have enough people with webslinging/wall crawling powers.

Gatts posted:

Original Sin should have gone with Aunt May finding out what Peter and MJ did, smacking Peter up the head and chewing both of them out, then grabbing Venom, Kaine, Doom, Thanos, Rider, Wolverine and the Illuminati then go into hell to kick Mephisto in the balls and make him reverse the deal. She gets to decide her fate and make the decision herself as to what's better for everyone.
I want that What If? so badly. gently caress, make it canon. :allears:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gatts posted:

The Golden Oldie Rides Again.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Flameingblack posted:

(Everyone's going to fall in love with Spider-Gwen and make Slott's new character entirely as pointless as Alpha anyway)

Maybe she'll wind up getting a goofy mini by a much better writer before disappearing into obscurity too.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Suben posted:

Maybe she'll wind up getting a goofy mini by a much better writer before disappearing into obscurity too.

Well, she'll first show up in an issue of a mini by a much better writer.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."
~Caaaaaalllleeeddd iiiiittttt~

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Not too surprising but I guess we're at the point where the only end for this is

1) Fury has always been old, all the rest were LMDs and he dies at the end and Sam Jackson is the only real Fury.

2) Fury started ageing rapidly when losing the Infinity Formula in ~Battle Scars~ and put in a contingency plan. He dies and Sam Jackson is the real Fury going forward.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Waterhaul posted:

Not too surprising but I guess we're at the point where the only end for this is

1) Fury has always been old, all the rest were LMDs and he dies at the end and Sam Jackson is the only real Fury.

2) Fury started ageing rapidly when losing the Infinity Formula in ~Battle Scars~ and put in a contingency plan. He dies and Sam Jackson is the real Fury going forward.

I actually like the idea of choice 1. Except I hope he doesn't actually die. Rogue Fury with an army of LMDs backing him as he tries to 'fix' the problems of the world could make for an interesting character. Just this old salt who thinks he knows better than anyone else.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So are the LMDs independent of one another or do their memories/experiences link back to Old Fury somehow?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

OldTennisCourt posted:

I actually like the idea of choice 1. Except I hope he doesn't actually die. Rogue Fury with an army of LMDs backing him as he tries to 'fix' the problems of the world could make for an interesting character. Just this old salt who thinks he knows better than anyone else.

Well if he's always been an LMD and aging the character has a limited life span even if he doesn't get killed due to everybody hating him.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Punisher and Rocket Raccoon standing in the same panel is funny all by itself.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."
I really hope Old Nick Fury survives Original Sin so he can get into an old-man cane-fight with depowered Steve Rogers. Just broken walkers and wheelchairs everywhere.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

d00gZ posted:

I really hope Old Nick Fury survives Original Sin so he can get into an old-man cane-fight with depowered Steve Rogers. Just broken walkers and wheelchairs everywhere.

Just recreate that two page spread of him on the rocket bike, but have it be a rascal scooter instead.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

CzarChasm posted:

Just recreate that two page spread of him on the rocket bike, but have it be a rascal scooter instead.

SOMEONE DRAW THIS

PelvicNerve
May 29, 2003

That'll be the day.
So, we all called the LMD thing and who the mysterious boss is.

I'll admit I was genuinely surprised by old Fury though.

I'm curious about the implication that Tchalla and Castle were the murderers for their own crime scenes, much like Bucky was. I guess all three of them were brainwashed by old Fury to commit these slaughters.

I hope old Fury doesn't retcon away all of Fury's awesome poo poo in Secret Warriors. Welp, if it does, I guess it means the character I liked was a robot. Hey, it happened to Scarlet Witch and she almost turned out okay. It's not like he'd have been a lovely robot like Machine Man anyway.

And please, don't make it an excuse to definitely write off Old Fury. I don't hate or even dislike the new Fury, I just don't believe he has to exist at the expense of the old dude.

Also, gently caress all these assholes who don't like Bucky. That's 3 times in 2 issues.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

PelvicNerve posted:

Also, gently caress all these assholes who don't like Bucky. That's 3 times in 2 issues.

Hawkeye is still his bro. Wolverine also has the best reason to hate him, as he did kill his wife.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Waterhaul posted:

If 1 is the case, wouldn't that mean that the Infinity Formula never existed? Wouldn't that invalidate Fury Jr.'s origin?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Barry Convex posted:

If 1 is the case, wouldn't that mean that the Infinity Formula never existed? Wouldn't that invalidate Fury Jr.'s origin?

Not to mention that Black widow has the infinity formula too

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Dacap posted:

Not to mention that Black widow has the infinity formula too

Didn't Bucky get this too?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rirse posted:

Didn't Bucky get this too?

Yes. He used the last of Nick Furys. Nick said that it did not matter as he no longer needed it.

PelvicNerve
May 29, 2003

That'll be the day.
I can't remember Bucky getting it but they saved Mockingbird using the formula.

It's also a pretty important plot point in S.H.I.E.L.D and Secret Warriors (and a link between the two series).

So yeah, I can't imagine the formula not existing or Nick never having taken it. Hell, that would undo Battle Scars too, I haven't read it in some time but it's all about New Fury being full of the stuff, isn't it?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I must have missed where the issue clearly states that Old Nick is behind the killings, and the killers in the other parts were shown to be Castle and T'challa.

Honestly, I read the issue twice and don't see a clear statement, just some weirdness when Emma tries to read BPs mind.

Man, Castle and Rocket together was awesome. Hopefully they can bond over shooting stuff, rather than dick waving around.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Old Fury may not be behind the killings, but he probably knows a drat good amount about who did them.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm excited to find out why Fury brought these teams together. That's the real mystery to me.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Little Mac posted:

I'm excited to find out why Fury brought these teams together. That's the real mystery to me.

I thought that was pretty straight-forward. They got to see cool secret poo poo from the eyeball, and now super spy #1 gets to learn this info.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

d00gZ posted:

SOMEONE DRAW THIS

NO DON'T!

It'll never live up to the image we all have in our heads.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

SirDan3k posted:

NO DON'T!

It'll never live up to the image we all have in our heads.

It just looks like the old man from Up in my head but with an eyepatch. Maybe waving a cane and a gun with a tennis ball silencer.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Fury was holding a big green bullet in #1. He, at the very least, KNEW ABOUT the murders for years and years before Uatu got got. There's a certain degree of culpability here.

I think that they're going for an Edward Snowden metaphor -- I mean, look at Marvel, they love being Topical with their Big Events -- and the idea here isn that dying Nick Fury wanted his secrets released out into the world.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

d00gZ posted:

Old Nick Fury and Old Steve Rogers are stuck in a retirement home with nobody believing their the real deals and then they have to fight a cowboy mummy preying on the elderly.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Gavok posted:

Old Nick Fury and Old Steve Rogers are stuck in a retirement home with nobody believing their the real deals and then they have to fight a cowboy mummy preying on the elderly.

Now I want to see a picture of Rama Tut looking like Bubba Ho Tep.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's going to turn out one of Fury's LMD have gone rogue.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It turns out that old Fury was an LMD and the real one's trying to fit the watcher's eye behind his eyepatch.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Old Fury is from the MAX universe. He's blowing the lid off of Space 'Nam.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It turns out that old Fury was an LMD and the real one's trying to fit the watcher's eye behind his eyepatch.

I'm down for this.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

twistedmentat posted:

It's going to turn out one of Fury's LMD have gone rogue.

That might explain why one of the later covers shows young Fury being killed by Midas' daughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

PelvicNerve posted:

I hope old Fury doesn't retcon away all of Fury's awesome poo poo in Secret Warriors. Welp, if it does, I guess it means the character I liked was a robot. Hey, it happened to Scarlet Witch and she almost turned out okay. It's not like he'd have been a lovely robot like Machine Man anyway.

I was going to disagree with you about Machine Man, but of course it turns out you're right:

• Locked thread